Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking players next season 16:02 - Mar 28 with 2519 viewsBobbychase

Celina
Burns
Edwards
Aluko
Bonne
Norwood
New striker
New striker
Chaplin

If Edwards can become the wide threat on the opposite side to Burns, I don't feel like we need more completely new signings (need Aluko and Celina tied down to longer, permanent deals)

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Attacking players next season on 16:05 - Mar 28 with 2481 viewsIllinoisblue

Bonne is the interesting one for me. Gone from hometown hero to a bit part player. Would love to see him bang in a few in the remaining games and get signed up permanently.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Attacking players next season on 16:09 - Mar 28 with 2461 viewsBlueBadger

Attacking players next season on 16:05 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

Bonne is the interesting one for me. Gone from hometown hero to a bit part player. Would love to see him bang in a few in the remaining games and get signed up permanently.

At the moment, Bonne is a 'if we can get the right price' signing for the summer as opposed to a 'we should move heaven and earth to get him' player at the start of the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Attacking players next season on 16:13 - Mar 28 with 2433 viewsitfcsuth

For me:

Celina
Chaplin
Aluko
Parrott (New Signing)
Jackson
Shane Long (New Signing)
Edwards

Norwood/Pigott/Bonne - don't think they're bad strikers at all, I just don't see them fitting into the KM style.
Attacking players next season on 16:22 - Mar 28 with 2399 viewsTractorCam

Attacking players next season on 16:13 - Mar 28 by itfcsuth

For me:

Celina
Chaplin
Aluko
Parrott (New Signing)
Jackson
Shane Long (New Signing)
Edwards

Norwood/Pigott/Bonne - don't think they're bad strikers at all, I just don't see them fitting into the KM style.

Can't see Parrott being sold so would be a loan, but we can definitely do better than him. As for Shane Long, I would like to think we'd go for someone younger who is actually currently scoring goals.

I'm almost certain Norwood will be off, but he is way ahead of Bonne and Pigott in quality, really hope he stays.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Attacking players next season on 16:34 - Mar 28 with 2356 viewsitfcsuth

Attacking players next season on 16:22 - Mar 28 by TractorCam

Can't see Parrott being sold so would be a loan, but we can definitely do better than him. As for Shane Long, I would like to think we'd go for someone younger who is actually currently scoring goals.

I'm almost certain Norwood will be off, but he is way ahead of Bonne and Pigott in quality, really hope he stays.

I agree Parrott would be a loan - think he would fit really well into a KM style of play with the way he presses from the front.

Shane Long would be very good at League 1 level, again a fantastic presser from the front. I think an experienced head is a good acquisition in that role. You don't remain at the Premier League level for a near decade if you are poor footballer. Largely has been a substitute in the Premier League, but this is two steps below.

I can't really think of too many names that stand out.
Attacking players next season on 16:40 - Mar 28 with 2338 viewsSitfcB

What about Vadaine Oliver?

17 goals and 6 assists for Gillingham last season.

And currently 9 goals and 3 assists this season which he’s had a spell on the sidelines for.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 16:40]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Attacking players next season on 16:54 - Mar 28 with 2276 viewshoppy

Does Simpson come into the thinking at all?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Attacking players next season on 16:57 - Mar 28 with 2260 viewsblueislander

Attacking players next season on 16:22 - Mar 28 by TractorCam

Norwood way ahead in quality. You must be joking. Despite Bonne’s recent lack of goals his contribution is still valuable. His style and particularly his movement off the ball seem to fit much better with the type of football that the management want to play imo
Login to get fewer ads

Attacking players next season on 16:58 - Mar 28 with 2259 viewseireblue

I think we should stick to the usual formula of identifying a player that is new to the first team, and after the first bad game, defaulting to them as the scapeg……oh…..I see what you mean.
Attacking players next season on 16:59 - Mar 28 with 2251 viewsParky

It will be interesting to see what sort of player(s) McKenna wants and also how much Gamechanger are willing to spend after last summers overhaul.

Some names I’ve initially thought of (some might be more realistic than others):

Troy Parrot,
Devante Cole,
Alfie May,
Tyrese Campbell,
Kyle Joseph,
Jerry Yates,
Yakou Meite,
Morgan Rogers.

Not a striker but another player I could see us go for:

Calum O’Dowda - was at Oxford with Ashton and O’Leary, Ashton signed him from Oxford to Bristol City, where he’s due to be out of contract. Predominantly a winger, but has been converted into a left wing-back under Pearson.
Attacking players next season on 17:00 - Mar 28 with 2245 viewshoppy

Attacking players next season on 16:57 - Mar 28 by blueislander

Norwood way ahead in quality. You must be joking. Despite Bonne’s recent lack of goals his contribution is still valuable. His style and particularly his movement off the ball seem to fit much better with the type of football that the management want to play imo

I wouldn't disagree with you, although having said that, I doubt Bonne would've managed to do what Norwood did for the assist on Saturday - the dogged persistence that led to the ball in for Morsy was very much down to Norwood's tenacity.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I like Bonne and I like Norwood on 17:05 - Mar 28 with 2212 viewsunstableblue

But for me they look very far off the clinical finishers we require to truly progress

Norwood did so much right on Saturday... but he also failed on a few occassions to hit the target, that is his role

Bonne is clearly inconsistent, thats why he's loaned to League One, can we afford that?

There lack of goal scoring form has probably cost us the play-off place

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Attacking players next season on 17:21 - Mar 28 with 2175 viewsIllinoisblue

Attacking players next season on 16:09 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

At the moment, Bonne is a 'if we can get the right price' signing for the summer as opposed to a 'we should move heaven and earth to get him' player at the start of the season.

Can’t imagine QPR will be overly bothered about having him back. Maybe if they still owe us cash for Dozzell a deal can be worked out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:06 - Mar 29 with 1903 viewsEireannach_gorm

Attacking players next season on 16:59 - Mar 28 by Parky

It will be interesting to see what sort of player(s) McKenna wants and also how much Gamechanger are willing to spend after last summers overhaul.

Some names I’ve initially thought of (some might be more realistic than others):

Troy Parrot,
Devante Cole,
Alfie May,
Tyrese Campbell,
Kyle Joseph,
Jerry Yates,
Yakou Meite,
Morgan Rogers.

Calum O’Dowda - was at Oxford with Ashton and O’Leary, Ashton signed him from Oxford to Bristol City, where he’s due to be out of contract. Predominantly a winger, but has been converted into a left wing-back under Pearson.

[Post edited 29 Mar 2022 0:06]
Attacking players next season on 07:13 - Mar 29 with 1807 viewstextbackup

Attacking players next season on 16:05 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

Bonne is coming on and unfortunately looking really almost lost at times.

Making foul after foul, waving his arms around the whole time. Must be hugely frustrating for him.

Really hope he can bag a few in these next 6 games to see his season end on a high

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Attacking players next season on 08:46 - Mar 29 with 1703 viewshype313

Attacking players next season on 07:13 - Mar 29 by textbackup

Bonne is coming on and unfortunately looking really almost lost at times.

Making foul after foul, waving his arms around the whole time. Must be hugely frustrating for him.

Really hope he can bag a few in these next 6 games to see his season end on a high

Bit of a crossroads for Bonne this summer, can't see him nailing down a place at QPR, and given McKenna's use of him to date, don't think he will be viewed by him as someone he wants going forward.

He's 26, 27 in October and his next move will be critical for him from a career and salary perspective, think he only has a year left at QPR.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Attacking players next season on 08:56 - Mar 29 with 1681 viewsEwan_Oozami

Considering the WIll Smith situation I personally won't be attacking any players next season...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Attacking players next season on 09:14 - Mar 29 with 1647 viewsbraveblue

Need to hang on to Burns. He is getting headlines. Also think Jackson will be here. Norwood may go.
Attacking players next season on 09:28 - Mar 29 with 1614 viewstextbackup

Attacking players next season on 08:46 - Mar 29 by hype313

Bit of a crossroads for Bonne this summer, can't see him nailing down a place at QPR, and given McKenna's use of him to date, don't think he will be viewed by him as someone he wants going forward.

He's 26, 27 in October and his next move will be critical for him from a career and salary perspective, think he only has a year left at QPR.

Yeah strange one for him isnt it, hes not championship quality IMO, he was riding the wave of playing for his home town club at the start of the season, and loved him for it.

I just dont think he fits the McK style

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Attacking players next season on 10:40 - Mar 29 with 1512 viewsStewart27

I think we can rule out Bonne and Norwood. I’m gutted about Bonne’s turn in form and Norwood hasn’t offered enough in three years in the third tier.

Surprised you’ve not got Piggott on your list as he may be difficult to offload.

I hope and pray we get Celina and offer Aluko another year. Jackson will be cheap and can see him fitting into the manager’s plans.

Two more decent strikers required. Maybe a young PL loan and hopefully a goal scorer who will offer a lot more than what Norwood has.
Attacking players next season on 10:48 - Mar 29 with 1496 viewsBondiBlue

Attacking players next season on 16:54 - Mar 28 by hoppy

Does Simpson come into the thinking at all?

Don't be silly. We're a buying club now. The u23s are there to be loaned out and eventually released after playing 20 minutes in the first team and not scoring a hat-trick.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Attacking players next season on 10:54 - Mar 29 with 1482 viewsChurchman

Attacking players next season on 16:13 - Mar 28 by itfcsuth

For me:

Celina
Chaplin
Aluko
Parrott (New Signing)
Jackson
Shane Long (New Signing)
Edwards

Shane Long?? He is 35, at the fag end of his career and has been a bit part player for some years. We need to move away from has beens, where possible. I hope we can do better than that.

We certainly need something else up front. I’d try and keep Chaplin, Bonne, Celina, definitely move Pigott and Norwood on and am fairly easy about the rest.
Attacking players next season on 22:22 - Mar 29 with 1300 viewsEireannach_gorm

Attacking players next season on 16:59 - Mar 28 by Parky

Troy Parrot,
Devante Cole,
Alfie May,
Tyrese Campbell,
Kyle Joseph,
Jerry Yates,
Yakou Meite,
Morgan Rogers.

Would like Troy Parrott from your list.

Calum O’Dowda is another international who would be an asset, more so as a Left WingBack.
Attacking players next season on 00:38 - Mar 30 with 1232 viewsitfcsuth

Attacking players next season on 10:54 - Mar 29 by Churchman

Shane Long?? He is 35, at the fag end of his career and has been a bit part player for some years. We need to move away from has beens, where possible. I hope we can do better than that.

We certainly need something else up front. I’d try and keep Chaplin, Bonne, Celina, definitely move Pigott and Norwood on and am fairly easy about the rest.

You need a blend. We will largely been looking at 21-27 y.o I would imagine.

KM has his profile of player. I don’t see any of Bonne, Norwood or Pigott fitting that mould.

Shane Long has operated at at Premier League level for a near decade, and has nearly 100 international caps to his name - you don’t do that if you are a bad footballer.His goal tally is marked against him, but he’s largely been a squad player in the Premier League.

An athletic, strong, shoulder player who is a very good presser from the front - seems to fit the KM mould for me.

Aluko is 33 and that deal hasn’t worked out bad at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024