Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? 17:00 - Apr 2 with 3192 viewsDubtractor

Honestly, even when we kid ourselves things are going well, its still ultimately crap. We're going to end up 9th or 10th in poxy division 3.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 2684 viewsIllinoisblue

We need to learn how to win ugly and s5ithouse our way out of this. And get better players in. For all the positivity we remain essentially a midtable L1 side.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 2674 viewsOldFart71

sadly that's what you get when you have four or five strikers and none a consistent. Scoring the odd goal here and there isn't what we need. May as well try out a few young players now. Season finished today.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:05 - Apr 2 with 2654 viewspointofblue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:04 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

We need to learn how to win ugly and s5ithouse our way out of this. And get better players in. For all the positivity we remain essentially a midtable L1 side.

Get better players in? On paper, we definitely have one of the top six squads in the division. Teams with weaker squads (on paper) are playing in the Championship.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:06 - Apr 2 with 2627 viewsbournemouthblue

Because we live in that alternate reality other Universes joke about

Next season will be our year, I am sure

We need a far superior strikeforce, we are ridiculously wasteful!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:07 - Apr 2 with 2599 viewsJ2BLUE

Things look pretty damn bright if you take a step back from the short term disappointment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 2555 viewsBondiBlue

I guarantee you every fan of every team in the country who's been alive for more than 30 years has said that at some point. Our time will come, probably next year.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:10 - Apr 2 with 2551 viewspointofblue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:07 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

Things look pretty damn bright if you take a step back from the short term disappointment.

Really? Two points out of recent games against Morecambe, Cheltenham and Cambridge? And this under a bright young manager who has got us going.

We still have a lot of issues which need sorting out over the summer. We're not streetwise enough (Morsy aside) and if we sent our players to a brothel they'd still fail to score.

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:11 - Apr 2 with 2525 viewsJ2BLUE

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:10 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Really? Two points out of recent games against Morecambe, Cheltenham and Cambridge? And this under a bright young manager who has got us going.

We still have a lot of issues which need sorting out over the summer. We're not streetwise enough (Morsy aside) and if we sent our players to a brothel they'd still fail to score.

I'm not even going to waste my time with this.

Look at McKenna's record. I know you're disappointed but lets not try and change the whole narrative because of one disappointing result.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:15 - Apr 2 with 2481 viewsDavoIPB

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:11 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

Look at McKenna's record. I know you're disappointed but lets not try and change the whole narrative because of one disappointing result.

McKenna's record. Has best players in league. Failed to gain ground on playoffs consistently. Teams above Ipswich have better points per games stats. Can't find a way to break down teams like Cheltenham and Cambridge. Think we will go up next year but it's going to be a struggle.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:15 - Apr 2 with 2475 viewsN2_Blue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:04 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Get better players in!? Really?

We have a goalkeeper, a CB, a CM and a number 10 who should be no where near this level.

We choked today, that's for sure.

If anything our squad could be weaker next season not stronger.

All the strikers with exception of Jackson need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:17 - Apr 2 with 2441 viewspointofblue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:11 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

The sixth best team in the league after 18 matches?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:18 - Apr 2 with 2423 viewsStrimmer

Just had to take the batteries out of my flounce alarm. My ears are ringing!

Poll: Was it a punch?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:19 - Apr 2 with 2388 viewsfooters

Hopefully when the pitch gets dug up we can confirm or deny the ancient Indian burial ground theory I've had for a while.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:19 - Apr 2 with 2395 viewsChurchman

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:07 - Apr 2 by J2BLUE

Spot on. Just the front end of the team to sort out and set pieces.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 2063 viewspeterleeblue

Unfortunately there are only about 6 or 7 teams that actually set up to try and win the football match first and foremost.
The majority are league 1 perennials who know how to compete in this division better than us or are low resourced scrappers who will cheat and time waste there way to results. It's a truly awful league and barely entertains.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 2007 viewspointofblue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:18 - Apr 2 by peterleeblue

Unfortunately there are only about 6 or 7 teams that actually set up to try and win the football match first and foremost.
The majority are league 1 perennials who know how to compete in this division better than us or are low resourced scrappers who will cheat and time waste there way to results. It's a truly awful league and barely entertains.

And we've got at least one more season of it. Yay.

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 2002 viewsJDB23

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:18 - Apr 2 by peterleeblue

Plenty of the top teams in this division seem perfectly capable of putting 4/5/6 past these teams who set up defensively, there’s no reason with the players we have to struggle as much as we do.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:39 - Apr 2 with 1909 viewsPippin1970

Think the only positive aspect this summer will be finally get it right. You can see a couple of Man United under 23 players here on loan and bring one or two experienced players ready to fight.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:46 - Apr 2 with 1869 viewsStewart27

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 17:10 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

So you’ve taken our worst three results under McKenna and condensed them to fit your negative agenda?

Get a grip man.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:47 - Apr 2 with 1858 viewspointofblue

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:46 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

So you’ve taken our worst three results under McKenna and condensed them to fit your negative agenda?

Get a grip man.

Five points from the last four?

Yes, I am feeling negative tonight, because I have doubts about us moving forward. Maybe unfairly but it feels like we've hit a wall; the question is can it be fixed over the summer.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:48]

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 19:41 - Apr 2 with 1704 viewsLeoMuff

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 18:46 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

Get a grip man.

Our form over Mckennas tenure of 18 games is 6th, not bad , but the bare minimum expected, he has sorted us at the back which is great, but we need to add the goals to improve toward automatic form.

Im hopefully he knows where we need to add to increase our goals for column as if we add that we will be unstoppable.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 20:12 - Apr 2 with 1610 viewschicoazul

Dubbers I hear you blud but there is every reason to be very excited about next season. We have why seems like a very good young manager at the head of a vast operation that is ultra professional and very well funded, and we have some decent players now in most positions who have proved they can out unbeaten runs together. Yes it’s sh!t to have to spend another year in this wretched league; yes we seem to have trouble putting teams away. We will buy another 7 or 8 players this summer but will be incorporating them into an extant squad not a whole brand new one.
This is the happiest and most positive we can be entitled to feel for many years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 20:42 - Apr 2 with 1503 viewsFunge

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 20:12 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

Dubbers I hear you blud but there is every reason to be very excited about next season. We have why seems like a very good young manager at the head of a vast operation that is ultra professional and very well funded, and we have some decent players now in most positions who have proved they can out unbeaten runs together. Yes it’s sh!t to have to spend another year in this wretched league; yes we seem to have trouble putting teams away. We will buy another 7 or 8 players this summer but will be incorporating them into an extant squad not a whole brand new one.
This is the happiest and most positive we can be entitled to feel for many years.

True say.
Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 23:27 - Apr 2 with 1237 viewsDubtractor

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 20:12 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

Oh, I'm confident for next season and delighted with McKenna overall, this was just a dejected post game grumble at realising we're going to finish in sodding 9th place again.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 23:30 - Apr 2 with 1233 viewsjeera

Why is being an Ipswich fan always so relentlessly sh1te? on 23:27 - Apr 2 by Dubtractor

Oh, I'm confident for next season and delighted with McKenna overall, this was just a dejected post game grumble at realising we're going to finish in sodding 9th place again.

Do you think maybe 9th is the League One equivalent of 15th in the Championship?

It seems about right.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024