Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris and Rishi Fined 13:46 - Apr 12 with 3806 viewshype313

This could get very interesting...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:16 - Apr 12 with 1259 viewskeighleyblue

his base won't care, in fact they probably view getting fined as a badge of honour vs the mask-wearing do-gooders.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:17 - Apr 12 with 1252 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:13 - Apr 12 by Keno

Beware Prime Minister Patel is coming

Is he bored of finding new tax rises for us, whilst finding loopholes for his own?
Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 1245 viewsmutters

Please dont ever say that, even if it is in jest

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 1247 viewsWD19

The facts will get lost under a load of political noise and weirdos obsessing about his waistline.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:39 - Apr 12 with 1177 viewsTractorWood

He's arguably weathered bigger storms.

Should he resign? Yes

Will he resign? Obviously not

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:39 - Apr 12 with 1174 viewsSitfcB

They’ve gottae go.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:42 - Apr 12 with 1162 viewspointofblue

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:39 - Apr 12 by SitfcB

They’ve gottae go.

They will but not yet. I don’t think the Conservatives will allow either of them lead the party into the next election.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:49 - Apr 12 with 1139 viewsKeno

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:18 - Apr 12 by mutters

It’s a scary thought isn’t it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:07 - Apr 12 with 1096 viewsPlums

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:05 - Apr 12 by mutters

It will be a surprise if Boris will still be in charge come the next election. The Conservatives wont want to take the chance with him at the helm

I think they’ve been clinging on to him so he can carry the can for the May Council elections where hopefully they’ll get a national roasting. I suspect he’ll be gone by the party conference.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:28 - Apr 12 with 1057 viewsgordon

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:07 - Apr 12 by Plums

I think they’ve been clinging on to him so he can carry the can for the May Council elections where hopefully they’ll get a national roasting. I suspect he’ll be gone by the party conference.

Yeah, don't think they'll resign or get kicked out by Tory MPs now, but I think 6th May is going to be critical - if they get a stuffing then the whole of the Tory party will happily blame it all on Johnson/Sunak/Partygate.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:34 - Apr 12 with 1038 viewstractordownsouth

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:28 - Apr 12 by gordon

Yeah, don't think they'll resign or get kicked out by Tory MPs now, but I think 6th May is going to be critical - if they get a stuffing then the whole of the Tory party will happily blame it all on Johnson/Sunak/Partygate.

The local elections aren't going to be as bad as they should be for the Tories. The seats up for grabs in England were last contested in 2018, which was Corbyn's best set of local elections, meaning the losses won't be that heavy.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:45 - Apr 12 with 1015 viewsvilanovablue

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:34 - Apr 12 by tractordownsouth

The local elections aren't going to be as bad as they should be for the Tories. The seats up for grabs in England were last contested in 2018, which was Corbyn's best set of local elections, meaning the losses won't be that heavy.

They'll most likely get a kicking in London and the SE and there are few places they could lose which would be v embarrassing in the SE.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:49 - Apr 12 with 1008 viewsmutters

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:18 - Apr 12 by mutters

Scary is underplaying it.

I've lived abroad in a few countries in my lifetime but i have always wanted and planned to come back home every time. Priti Patel becoming our PM might just be enough to make me want to flee these shores of ours

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:59 - Apr 12 with 989 viewsblueislander

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:49 - Apr 12 by mutters

Scary is underplaying it.

I've lived abroad in a few countries in my lifetime but i have always wanted and planned to come back home every time. Priti Patel becoming our PM might just be enough to make me want to flee these shores of ours

Unfortunately the most serious charge he faces about this is misleading Parliament. It is deemed to be more serious than lying to the populace. I don’t know what is the protocol in an accusation of misleading Parliament, but if it boils down to a vote by MPs there won’t be enough rebel Tories for him to lose.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:15 - Apr 12 with 965 viewsmutters

Boris and Rishi Fined on 15:59 - Apr 12 by blueislander

Unfortunately the most serious charge he faces about this is misleading Parliament. It is deemed to be more serious than lying to the populace. I don’t know what is the protocol in an accusation of misleading Parliament, but if it boils down to a vote by MPs there won’t be enough rebel Tories for him to lose.

"The misleading of parliament is the knowing presentation of false information to parliament, a very serious charge in Westminster system parliamentary assemblies. Government ministers who are found to have misled parliament will generally lose their ministerial portfolio."

As you stated, no idea how to implement or charge a sitting PM on this matter. Has it occurred before?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:22 - Apr 12 with 950 viewseireblue

I can’t see her standing.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:24 - Apr 12 with 943 viewsKeno

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:22 - Apr 12 by eireblue

I can’t see her standing.

have you ever seen Yes Miniser when the guy no one wanted ended up getting the leadership and we ended up with John Major as PM

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:28 - Apr 12 with 932 viewsHARRY10

Boris and Rishi Fined on 14:02 - Apr 12 by mutters

Sadly it won't impact them at all.

Too many people bent the rules over lockdown, especially when Christmas got canceled, so there is a certain amount of apathy towards them. The whole investigation has gone on way too long and the country now has bigger things in its mind (Ukraine) to focus on.

If the fines were issued once the Sue Grey report has been published, and if the report was actually allowed to report on the findings rather than having things redacted then this would be a different story.

It is shame but it feels like they will ride this one out.

Nice try, at forelock tugging - but as said else where it is that Johnson has repeatedly lied to Parliament over this matter - and has now ben proven to have lied

]"Ministers who knowingly mislead Parliament will be expected to offer their resignation to the Prime Minister."

Even you should be able to grasp that, and the implications

.....................................though as a rightie, perhaps not
Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:34 - Apr 12 with 916 viewseireblue

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:24 - Apr 12 by Keno

have you ever seen Yes Miniser when the guy no one wanted ended up getting the leadership and we ended up with John Major as PM

Yea, you see the thing is, what I am discovering, and I think everyone is aware of this, especially a punster such as yourself, my attempt at humour, using text, where the core of the joke is a visual heightist style gag, doesn’t quite work. I am still somewhat giggling away to myself, but….yea…definitely that one was a bit of reach.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:35 - Apr 12 with 914 viewsnoggin

The British public should be protesting in the streets now. You've been lied to time and time again and BJ is still sitting pretty as Prime Minister. WTF Britain?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:36 - Apr 12 with 914 viewswkj

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:28 - Apr 12 by HARRY10

Nice try, at forelock tugging - but as said else where it is that Johnson has repeatedly lied to Parliament over this matter - and has now ben proven to have lied

]"Ministers who knowingly mislead Parliament will be expected to offer their resignation to the Prime Minister."

Where is the evidence that anyone on the Tory front bench is interested in following the rules and ministerial protocol? What should happen seems far detached from what I and others feel will happen.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:37 - Apr 12 with 911 viewsmutters

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:28 - Apr 12 by HARRY10

Rightie, lol righto.

Guess I could be compared to yourself, it all depends on how far on the left you start from I suppose. How far left are you? Maybe that's a good place to start and then we can find where I sit.

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:53 - Apr 12 with 871 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:37 - Apr 12 by mutters

Rightie, lol righto.

Guess I could be compared to yourself, it all depends on how far on the left you start from I suppose. How far left are you? Maybe that's a good place to start and then we can find where I sit.

I wouldn’t take it personally - he was making jokes about blind people yesterday. Claims the moral high ground, yet a thoroughly unpleasant character.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 17:03 - Apr 12 with 849 viewsblueislander

Boris and Rishi Fined on 16:53 - Apr 12 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I wouldn’t take it personally - he was making jokes about blind people yesterday. Claims the moral high ground, yet a thoroughly unpleasant character.

Indeed. If you look back at his posting history you will find that most include an insult of one kind or another. The words “rightie” and various words concerning being overweight are his favourites. I am intrigued as to what offensive epithet he will attach to Sunak.
Boris and Rishi Fined on 17:07 - Apr 12 with 833 viewsDanTheMan

Boris and Rishi Fined on 17:03 - Apr 12 by blueislander

Indeed. If you look back at his posting history you will find that most include an insult of one kind or another. The words “rightie” and various words concerning being overweight are his favourites. I am intrigued as to what offensive epithet he will attach to Sunak.

Always find it particularly funny when they accuse someone who is obviously not right wing of being a rightie.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024