Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… 22:01 - May 25 with 4150 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57833/end-of-term-

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:07 - May 25 with 4061 viewsIllinoisblue

Good read, that. Sounds like he hasn’t exactly kicked on from where he was at with us; can pick a pass but doesn’t do a lot else.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:08 - May 25 with 4040 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt we'd take him on loan.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:09 - May 25 with 4022 viewsVeggie

Surprise surprise
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:12 - May 25 with 3992 viewsArnieM

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:07 - May 25 by Illinoisblue

Good read, that. Sounds like he hasn’t exactly kicked on from where he was at with us; can pick a pass but doesn’t do a lot else.

Much as you’d love him to kick in , the fact that he hadn’t doesn’t really surprise me . He seemed to spend a log of time on the brr we much or only bit parts in a game. I think that ACL injury did for him sadly ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:30 - May 25 with 3873 viewsChurchman

Age 23 he still has the chance to improve his all round game. If he gets the chance, it’ll be interesting to see what he does next season. It could be make or break to establish himself as a really good, hurtful Championship player.
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:32 - May 25 with 3851 viewsUnit2Blue

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:07 - May 25 by Illinoisblue

With the way he was treated by some it is hardly surprising, give him a this coming season then judge him.
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:59 - May 25 with 3669 viewsxrayspecs

Would we sign him today? Would he make us better?

I remain to be convinced.
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 23:52 - May 25 with 3497 viewsParisBlue

1 red and 9 yellows. He still can't tackle then.

So much promise, just how much that injury cost him we will never know.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 00:40 - May 26 with 3417 viewsIllinoisblue

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:32 - May 25 by Unit2Blue

With the way he was treated by some it is hardly surprising, give him a this coming season then judge him.

I genuinely think with his vision and passing ability he’d do well in the premier league.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 06:46 - May 26 with 3149 viewsLesta_Tractor

Seems quite fond of Jeff Hendrick

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 07:00 - May 26 with 3091 viewsWarkystache

I truly think he'll be playing us during the 2023/24 season in the Championship and it'll be a case of 'what if' for him, not us. When he was here, he was neat enough but that QPR report is right. He doesn't damage the opposition enough besides the odd nice slide-rule pass.

I just feel he's another "bit" of a decent midfielder, like Frankenstein's monster; if you took Andre's skill and passing ability, Flynn Downes' commitment, add a splash of pace, you'd have a heck of a player. But the sum total of the parts don't ever seem to add up as consistently. Hence, unless he's bloody lucky and someone like Forest take a chance as a perennial bench warmer should they win the play-off's, he's always going to just fall short.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 07:40 - May 26 with 2968 viewsKieran_Knows

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 00:40 - May 26 by Illinoisblue

I genuinely think with his vision and passing ability he’d do well in the premier league.

Albeit he’s a bit older now and it probably wouldn’t appeal to him, but I always felt like he could’ve done with a year out on loan in Holland, in the Eerste Divisie, just like Todd Cantwell did a few years back. Had a very good year out there and came back and broke straight in to Norwich’s first team (I appreciate he’s gone off the boil since, but was a loan move which worked for him, and Norwich at the time).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 07:43 - May 26 with 2953 viewsVic

It’s exactly the sort of report we’d have given him here - sadly. I love his style, but have always thought that he flattered to deceive and very seldom really imposed himself on the opposition. I can’t see what’s behind this LFW ratings, but notice that they seem to fall as the season wore on.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say this was a season of adjustment for him. However it means that next season is crucial; not quite make or break, but I suspect it will decide whether he goes on to higher, better things, or is destined to fade into relative obscurity.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 08:16 - May 26 with 2847 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Thing is its not that difficult to elevate his game, literally all he has to do learn to move himself up the pitch once he's pinged it.

That alone would make him a better player. He must have been told that by several managers now

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 08:27 - May 26 with 2814 viewsArnieM

A player in the premier league today needs far more than that to do well . He needs pace for a start and to overall “athletic” and poses an array of profiles ( strong, an ability to make a tackle , take a tackle, jump, vision , adaptability) Dozzell possesses maybe a couple of these profiles , and these I would consider to be “ soft” profiles. Is he likely to develop these next season ? Maybe , but I doubt it .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 08:47 - May 26 with 2727 viewshype313

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 22:30 - May 25 by Churchman

Age 23 he still has the chance to improve his all round game. If he gets the chance, it’ll be interesting to see what he does next season. It could be make or break to establish himself as a really good, hurtful Championship player.

Keeps coming back to that, can see comments like he's 29 now and really needs to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

He clearly has an eye for a pass, and he's almost unique in that aspect which is why there has been so much interest in him, but as a midfielder he needs to offer more, whether he has that in his toolset only time will tell.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 09:07 - May 26 with 2660 viewsitfcjoe

It's underrated how much athleticism you need to have to play in the PL, the fitness levels required are off the charts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 09:09 - May 26 with 2631 viewshype313

People were saying when he was here "he needs to play in the Championship"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 09:47 - May 26 with 2488 viewsBiGDonnie

No chance, he'd be dominated in the prem.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 09:53 - May 26 with 2446 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Doubt he - he is far too lightweight. Billy Gilmour can pick a pass and has good vision but ended up not even getting in the Norwich team.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 10:00 - May 26 with 2418 viewsclive_baker

Said it before and I'll say it again, he's a #10.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 20:29 - May 26 with 1977 viewsVeggie

And then the next. Then the next. Then the next. Then the next… oh he’s retired.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 20:33]
Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 21:37 - May 26 with 1843 viewsjayessess

Overall it's quite a positive article, isn't it? Passes well between the lines, adds an extra dimension to our play, would be great if he could get further up the pitch.

If they want to loan him back to us, we'd be mad to turn our noses up at it. Him and Morsy would be quality together imo.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 08:29 - May 27 with 1580 viewsVic

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 21:37 - May 26 by jayessess

Overall it's quite a positive article, isn't it? Passes well between the lines, adds an extra dimension to our play, would be great if he could get further up the pitch.

If they want to loan him back to us, we'd be mad to turn our noses up at it. Him and Morsy would be quality together imo.

They’d have there own private competition to see who could pick up the most bookings in a season.

More seriously, I really hope Andre succeeds at the highest level because when he plays well he’s a joy to watch. So far though he’s flattered to deceive - lots of little cameo’s without consistently controlling or even influencing whole games. Big season coming up for him I think.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Loft For Words end of season review on Andre… on 18:00 - May 27 with 1300 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hang on, where is the football expert BlueBadger repeating for the 796th time that Dozzell needs some PrOpEr cOaChINg, mOtIvAtIoN and StRuCtUrE ArOuNd hIm?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024