Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions 14:08 - Jun 14 with 6736 viewsitfcjoe

Celina - one year loan, total cost - approx £800k to £1m. No resale at end obviously.

Twine - £4m transfer fee, 4 year contract on £15k a week, total investment ~£7m, with potential resale if he does well.

What would you go with, personally I'd normally go for the permanent transfer - but feel as though any investment we'd have to make in Twine (if we could get him) would be so large and risky

I'd edge towards the safer choice of Celina and spend elsewhere

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:11 - Jun 14 with 3817 viewsKeno

Cant we have both?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:12 - Jun 14 with 3800 viewshype313

Twine all day long, higher ceiling and has improved year on year and is consistently good.

Love Celina, but Twine would be the better buy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:20 - Jun 14 with 3724 viewsGavTWTD

One vote for Twine. I don't think it'd be as much as £4m, 4yr or £15k, but I would weight it with bonusus and promotion clauses.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 3658 viewsITFC_Josh

Twine without hesitation. Far better player
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:28 - Jun 14 with 3608 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Love celina but Twine, would be a massive statement, and perm too.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 3594 viewsbreedalot

Celina for me. the total investment of £7m is very rich especially when you consider you would want to sell for a profit. And only 2 or 3 players have left L1 for more than 7 million. one caveat is if we were going to sell then it would be 1 or 2 years in so might be more like a 5.5milion investment but still a big gamble. The value with Twine would be taking him going up and proving he can do it in the champ.

I would go Celina and spend elsewhere.

I actually think they might be going for someone else entirly.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:32 - Jun 14 with 3567 viewshype313

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:30 - Jun 14 by breedalot

Celina for me. the total investment of £7m is very rich especially when you consider you would want to sell for a profit. And only 2 or 3 players have left L1 for more than 7 million. one caveat is if we were going to sell then it would be 1 or 2 years in so might be more like a 5.5milion investment but still a big gamble. The value with Twine would be taking him going up and proving he can do it in the champ.

I would go Celina and spend elsewhere.

I actually think they might be going for someone else entirly.

Why couldn't Twine step up? He's 22 and already proved himself in this League.

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:34 - Jun 14 with 3542 viewsportmanking

Is this even worth debate? Surely Twine will have his pick of Championship and even newly promoted PL clubs this summer?
Login to get fewer ads

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:35 - Jun 14 with 3522 viewsITFC_Josh

There’s literally zero chance Twine will come here anyway.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 3500 viewsitfcjoe

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:34 - Jun 14 by portmanking

Is this even worth debate? Surely Twine will have his pick of Championship and even newly promoted PL clubs this summer?

Well we can just keep talking about the kits instead or just something different to have a chat about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 3490 viewsitfcsuth

Celina.

Anybody spending £4M on a player in L1 is reckless spending in my opinion, and you are rolling the dice with financial stability if you starting looking at that level of figure.

I'd be disappointed if come the first game of the season Celina isn't a Town player again.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:39 - Jun 14 with 3476 viewsEssexBloo

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:37 - Jun 14 by itfcjoe

Well we can just keep talking about the kits instead or just something different to have a chat about

Do you think there’s a chance Twine would come here Joe? For me it just seems he will get better offers. Would love to get him though!
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:40 - Jun 14 with 3462 viewshype313

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:37 - Jun 14 by itfcsuth

Celina.

Anybody spending £4M on a player in L1 is reckless spending in my opinion, and you are rolling the dice with financial stability if you starting looking at that level of figure.

I'd be disappointed if come the first game of the season Celina isn't a Town player again.

It's not reckless, it's a calculated gamble, Twine is 22 and has a huge ceiling, that £4m could be peanuts in time.

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:42 - Jun 14 with 3436 viewstextbackup

I just don’t see celina and league 1 being a great fit.

The flashes of brilliance, imo, are few and far between. Twine offers a dead ball quality we don’t currently have too.

Twine for me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:45 - Jun 14 with 3399 viewsitfcsuth

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:40 - Jun 14 by hype313

It's not reckless, it's a calculated gamble, Twine is 22 and has a huge ceiling, that £4m could be peanuts in time.

No it's reckless I'm afraid.

It's a huge gamble, and not a calculated one at that sort of figure, for a League 1 side.

I also don't think Ashton or the ownership would be reckless enough to pay that sort of figure.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 14:45]
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:46 - Jun 14 with 3375 viewsSTYG

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:45 - Jun 14 by itfcsuth

No it's reckless I'm afraid.

It's a huge gamble, and not a calculated one at that sort of figure, for a League 1 side.

I also don't think Ashton or the ownership would be reckless enough to pay that sort of figure.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 14:45]

But this a hypothetical between Twine and Celina.

If Twine didn't perform you'd still be able to sell him for enough that the loss you'd have made over that season was less than what you'd have paid to loan Celina and pay his wages.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:46 - Jun 14 with 3371 viewsKieran_Knows

Celina for me - although I suspect the only thing ruling us out of a permanent deal is his wages.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:47 - Jun 14 with 3358 viewsbreedalot

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:32 - Jun 14 by hype313

Why couldn't Twine step up? He's 22 and already proved himself in this League.

He could, probably will and I am not saying he won't. my thoughts are more about the risk involved in our situation. For us to make money though we would need to buy him go up and then he does it in the champ. That has a lot of failure points, we might not go up, he would need to stay fit for two seasons. Where as, if we were up already he would only need a good season and would be off to the prem for a profit. So for us its a much bigger gamble than say Blackburn.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:48 - Jun 14 with 3337 viewsbreedalot

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:37 - Jun 14 by itfcjoe

What Kit do you think Scott Twine will wear next season when he lines up for us?
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:52 - Jun 14 with 3285 viewsSitfcB

As much as I love Celina think I’d go with the Twine option.

Although we don’t have a great record when it comes to big money signings these days.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:52 - Jun 14 with 3280 viewsbreedalot

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:46 - Jun 14 by STYG

But this a hypothetical between Twine and Celina.

If Twine didn't perform you'd still be able to sell him for enough that the loss you'd have made over that season was less than what you'd have paid to loan Celina and pay his wages.

who would take Twine for 3 mil if he didn't perform?

I cant see that and twine would be on 3 mil over 4 years who is going to pick that up if he has had a bad season?
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:54 - Jun 14 with 3250 viewsNthQldITFC

Celina. He loves the place, the place loves him and in a full season under McKenna with a decent target man in front of him every game, I can only see him getting more and more influential on games. Would prefer a permanent, but would be delighted to see him back on a one year loan with an option for permanent after promotion.

Twine would be great too though, but with unknowns in terms of settling into the team and the area.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:54 - Jun 14 with 3243 viewsJ2BLUE

Twine.

£1m for a league one loan is insane. I think resale value will be one way Gamechanger reduce risk.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:56 - Jun 14 with 3184 viewsitfcsuth

Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:46 - Jun 14 by Kieran_Knows

Celina for me - although I suspect the only thing ruling us out of a permanent deal is his wages.

I don't think a permanent deal is on the cards with us remaining in L1 - think it would have been a very different story had we have been promoted.

I said previously, any deal for Celina I think will be done later in the window. Dijon will be looking to offload him permanently first before they settle for another loan deal.
Celina or Twine......with the following conditions on 14:59 - Jun 14 with 3150 viewsMattinLondon

Twine would be an excellent signing and Celina would be a very good signing.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no chance that we’ll get Twine. And I’ll be surprised if Celina comes back even on a loan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024