Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Eastman 16:54 - Jul 5 with 4034 viewsBonneNIL

One of our youth products that Roy Keane seemed to rate, is in the top 10 all times appearance lists for Colchester United at 445 games. That's some career he has had, even if it might not be at the best level.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Tom Eastman on 16:55 - Jul 5 with 3363 viewssuffolkpoker

Lots of people rated him on here.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Tom Eastman on 16:56 - Jul 5 with 3352 viewshomer_123

He was never a right back though....which Keane seemed to think he was.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tom Eastman on 17:01 - Jul 5 with 3283 viewsitfcjoe

A massive academy success story, had a great career

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Eastman on 17:01 - Jul 5 with 3276 viewsBonneNIL

Tom Eastman on 16:56 - Jul 5 by homer_123

We also had O'Connor and Carson from that group that seemed to be good prospects and never cut it long-term.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Tom Eastman on 17:11 - Jul 5 with 3195 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A professional career at any level is an achievement. Its not easy to make it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tom Eastman on 17:11 - Jul 5 with 3197 viewsSharkey

He didn't actually play that much last season, because as well as Chambers and Smith Colchester also brought in a proper bruiser type of centre-back called Dallason, from Crawley. I think I wasn't alone in wondering if Eastman might be off this summer, ( - to Southend maybe?). But many (most?) Colchester fans rate Eastman far higher than Smith.

Both Eastman and Smith played in a b-c-d friendly at Swansea today. Smith was on the bench for the World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica in 14th June and played in a friendly against Reading (who included Conor Wickham) on Saturday, (July 2.) That must be the shortest break for any pro footballer this summer.

Today's game at Swansea was reported to be 'feisty'. Matt Gill didn't mention Colchester's 'seasoned pro's' in his interview afterwards, but Alan Judge in one photo seems to be putting in a pretty spicy challenge.
Tom Eastman on 17:17 - Jul 5 with 3143 viewsdirtyboy

One of the worst performances I've ever seen by a town RB was by Tom Eastman, got a feeling it was against Derby? God...that was over 10 years ago if Keane was in charge....time flies.

As mentioned though, should never have been playing there and fair play to rack up that many appearances :-)
Tom Eastman on 17:19 - Jul 5 with 3119 viewsGlasgowBlue

Most young centre backs are played as right or left backs until they are more experienced.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Eastman on 21:10 - Jul 5 with 2850 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 17:01 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

A massive academy success story, had a great career

He played 10 games for us and we sold him for £150,000. Hardly a Massive success story for our academy is it?
Tom Eastman on 21:15 - Jul 5 with 2774 viewsJon_456

Tom Eastman on 17:11 - Jul 5 by Sharkey

He didn't actually play that much last season, because as well as Chambers and Smith Colchester also brought in a proper bruiser type of centre-back called Dallason, from Crawley. I think I wasn't alone in wondering if Eastman might be off this summer, ( - to Southend maybe?). But many (most?) Colchester fans rate Eastman far higher than Smith.

Both Eastman and Smith played in a b-c-d friendly at Swansea today. Smith was on the bench for the World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica in 14th June and played in a friendly against Reading (who included Conor Wickham) on Saturday, (July 2.) That must be the shortest break for any pro footballer this summer.

Today's game at Swansea was reported to be 'feisty'. Matt Gill didn't mention Colchester's 'seasoned pro's' in his interview afterwards, but Alan Judge in one photo seems to be putting in a pretty spicy challenge.

I can’t be the only one who thought you randomly started to list the alphabet mid sentence there..
Tom Eastman on 21:17 - Jul 5 with 2763 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Roy Keane rating you in a particular position is really no badge of honour.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tom Eastman on 21:19 - Jul 5 with 2742 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Eastman on 21:10 - Jul 5 by Veggie

He played 10 games for us and we sold him for £150,000. Hardly a Massive success story for our academy is it?

Producing a player who has played nearly 500 professional games is a big achievement

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Eastman on 22:25 - Jul 5 with 2515 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Sent off on his debut?
Tom Eastman on 22:31 - Jul 5 with 2483 viewsdominiciawful

Four central defenders and four central midfielders.

TWTD.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Tom Eastman on 22:41 - Jul 5 with 2454 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tom Eastman on 21:19 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

Producing a player who has played nearly 500 professional games is a big achievement

I'm not sure it is when you're a professional football club. He's had a good career as a lower league footballer and fair play to him but producing footballers is no small part of what the club is supposed to do

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Tom Eastman on 22:51 - Jul 5 with 2408 viewscaptainfantastic

my claim to fame is I played in the same cricket team with him and Ben Foakes @Frinton!

Poll: player of the season so far?

Tom Eastman on 23:04 - Jul 5 with 2366 viewsSharkey

Tom Eastman on 22:51 - Jul 5 by captainfantastic

my claim to fame is I played in the same cricket team with him and Ben Foakes @Frinton!

Does Eastman still play?
Tom Eastman on 23:12 - Jul 5 with 2338 viewschicoazul

Tom Eastman on 21:10 - Jul 5 by Veggie

He’s an academy product who has played nearly 500 professional games so of course it is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tom Eastman on 23:13 - Jul 5 with 2343 viewscaptainfantastic

Tom Eastman on 23:04 - Jul 5 by Sharkey

Does Eastman still play?

he stopped when he got to 16 to focus on footy. I had no inclination he was good at footy until he told us he was retiring from cricket!

Good opening bowler!!

Poll: player of the season so far?

Tom Eastman on 10:46 - Jul 6 with 1928 viewsMediocre_Quick

Tom Eastman on 17:01 - Jul 5 by BonneNIL

We also had O'Connor and Carson from that group that seemed to be good prospects and never cut it long-term.

Carson had all of the ability, but his attitude was terrible
Tom Eastman on 10:49 - Jul 6 with 1915 viewsJ2BLUE

Tom Eastman on 10:46 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

Carson had all of the ability, but his attitude was terrible

Was it? Is this fact or speculation? I don't remember anything about that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tom Eastman on 11:41 - Jul 6 with 1767 viewsGarv

Tom Eastman on 10:49 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Was it? Is this fact or speculation? I don't remember anything about that.

I remember whispers of that.

The following links are fairly innocent stories but gives you an idea.

Carson to Keep Place in Team - If He Remembers to Turn Up 12th Apr 2011 07:48
Blues boss Paul Jewell says 17-year-old midfielder Josh Carson is likely to be in his side for tonight’s game against Middlesbrough — if he remembers to turn up. The Northern Irish youngster completely forgot to show up at training on Sunday, his head apparently still in the clouds after his two-goal performance in Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace. 28

Jewell: Carson Not Back in Best Shape 16th Aug 2011 08:28
Blues boss Paul Jewell says midfielder Josh Carson didn’t come back from the close season in as “good a shape as he possibly should have done”. Even so, talks have begun with the 18-year-old Northern Ireland international regarding a new contract with his current terms up next June. 22

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tom Eastman on 11:43 - Jul 6 with 1752 viewsJ2BLUE

Tom Eastman on 11:41 - Jul 6 by Garv

I remember whispers of that.

The following links are fairly innocent stories but gives you an idea.

Carson to Keep Place in Team - If He Remembers to Turn Up 12th Apr 2011 07:48
Blues boss Paul Jewell says 17-year-old midfielder Josh Carson is likely to be in his side for tonight’s game against Middlesbrough — if he remembers to turn up. The Northern Irish youngster completely forgot to show up at training on Sunday, his head apparently still in the clouds after his two-goal performance in Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace. 28

Jewell: Carson Not Back in Best Shape 16th Aug 2011 08:28
Blues boss Paul Jewell says midfielder Josh Carson didn’t come back from the close season in as “good a shape as he possibly should have done”. Even so, talks have begun with the 18-year-old Northern Ireland international regarding a new contract with his current terms up next June. 22

Fair enough. Would be harsh based on just those but there might be more to it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tom Eastman on 13:44 - Jul 6 with 1615 viewsitfc_bucks

Tom Eastman on 11:43 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Fair enough. Would be harsh based on just those but there might be more to it.

Joe Whight, another one that flickered briefly and then vanished.
Tom Eastman on 17:55 - Jul 6 with 1464 viewsVeggie

Tom Eastman on 22:41 - Jul 5 by BlueandTruesince82

I'm not sure it is when you're a professional football club. He's had a good career as a lower league footballer and fair play to him but producing footballers is no small part of what the club is supposed to do

Exactly. And when there are 92 clubs with, say, 30 professionals on average, where do the other players come from? Ok a percentage are foreign, but at least 70% must be British, so producing a journeyman at Colchester is hardly ‘Massive’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024