Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Truss vs Sunak then 16:03 - Jul 20 with 3821 viewsSteve_M

And the loons will vote for Truss. Johnson might not end up the worst PM ever:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:20 - Jul 20 with 964 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:11 - Jul 20 by Vic

Me and Mrs V have been discussing this a lot. We both have a natural bias towards Sunak, but neither can really say why, apart from the fact that for some reason we find Truss annoying. Her looks, her voice, her hand gestures, etc all grate.

But none of those are good enough reasons to say she wouldn’t make a decent PM. So help me out - what is so wrong with her? Please give me facts and real life examples of where she’s failed and why she’d be such a bad choice. Policies and character, not just because she’s a Tory, etc!

She's hopelessly dimwitted, incompetent and supported the previous failed regime to the nth degree and was one of the big drivers of Johnson's disastrous 'oven ready' Brexit deal, for starter.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/06/conservative-succession-the-failures-of-liz-t

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:21 - Jul 20 with 959 viewsMullet

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:11 - Jul 20 by Vic

Me and Mrs V have been discussing this a lot. We both have a natural bias towards Sunak, but neither can really say why, apart from the fact that for some reason we find Truss annoying. Her looks, her voice, her hand gestures, etc all grate.

But none of those are good enough reasons to say she wouldn’t make a decent PM. So help me out - what is so wrong with her? Please give me facts and real life examples of where she’s failed and why she’d be such a bad choice. Policies and character, not just because she’s a Tory, etc!

Sunak seems a bit posh and spoilt Forest Gump in his manner, like he just doesn't quite the world outside of his bubble.

They'd be better off digging Maggie up than letting Truss cosplay as her. She'd get more done as a Tory relic too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:23 - Jul 20 with 951 viewsVic

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:16 - Jul 20 by Dubtractor

So I'm a 'never vote tory' type, and I think they were all dreadful, but Truss just screams incompetence. Every time you see her speak she struggles or sounds daft - there is a reason that she hasn't done a single interview yet as part of this leadership bid.

Plus the fact that she is pure political opportunist rings alarm bells - the avowed remainer who has now become an outspoken leaver because it is politically convenient to do so. She has no principles as far as I can see.

Whereas I'd disagree with what the likes of Sunak would do as leader, I'm genuinely scared by the mess that Truss might make of things.

She might scream incompetence - but has she actually got a track record of incompetence? She might sound daft, but is she actually daft? Evidence/examples?

A remainder but now espouses leaving? Perhaps like most MP’s (even Labour) she now realises the reality of the situation and sees no point in keep raking over the old in/out debate. Don’t know - just a thought.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:24 - Jul 20 with 942 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:23 - Jul 20 by Vic

She might scream incompetence - but has she actually got a track record of incompetence? She might sound daft, but is she actually daft? Evidence/examples?

A remainder but now espouses leaving? Perhaps like most MP’s (even Labour) she now realises the reality of the situation and sees no point in keep raking over the old in/out debate. Don’t know - just a thought.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/06/conservative-succession-the-failures-of-liz-t

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:26 - Jul 20 with 930 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it to late to keep Boris.

Mr friend donator v Mrs thatcher mark 2. Not a great final is it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:30 - Jul 20 with 925 viewsVic

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:20 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

She's hopelessly dimwitted, incompetent and supported the previous failed regime to the nth degree and was one of the big drivers of Johnson's disastrous 'oven ready' Brexit deal, for starter.

Cheers BB - that’s a helpful read.

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:32 - Jul 20 with 922 viewsDubtractor

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:23 - Jul 20 by Vic

See Badger's link.

Nothing wrong with being pragmatic about Brexit, but she has pulled a complete 180 on it, because it helped her career to do so.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:39 - Jul 20 with 909 viewsVic

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:32 - Jul 20 by Dubtractor

See Badger's link.

Nothing wrong with being pragmatic about Brexit, but she has pulled a complete 180 on it, because it helped her career to do so.

Yep, BBS link is really helpful.

Login to get fewer ads

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 887 viewsOldsmoker

Truss doesn't strike me as much of a leader.
I certainly wouldn't follow her anywhere.
I really do hope she doesn't do Queen Liz 1 speech
"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king......."
I wouldn't put it past her.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:59 - Jul 20 with 867 viewsGlasgowBlue

Daniel Finkelstein has come up with a better way of electing a new Tory leader.

In opposition, members choose the candidate they want to put to the electorate. In government, MPs choose whoever commands a majority & carry on with existing manifesto.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Truss vs Sunak then on 20:25 - Jul 20 with 847 viewsLord_Lucan

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:21 - Jul 20 by textbackup

I care very little for politics, but would I be right in saying whoever got picked there would be a huge number of people anti them?

And has there ever been a prime minster that everyone liked?

Yeah.

But there was a coup d'etat the other week.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 21:55]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Truss vs Sunak then on 20:34 - Jul 20 with 842 viewsTrequartista

By my reckoning, Sunak needed to lose 10 more votes to Mordaunt to stand a much better chance of winning.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Truss vs Sunak then on 21:31 - Jul 20 with 797 viewsfactual_blue

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:47 - Jul 20 by Oldsmoker

Truss doesn't strike me as much of a leader.
I certainly wouldn't follow her anywhere.
I really do hope she doesn't do Queen Liz 1 speech
"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king......."
I wouldn't put it past her.

She knows her way around a pork market though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Truss vs Sunak then on 21:32 - Jul 20 with 794 viewsSeablu

It’s a bit like choosing which eyeball you’d rather remove with a fork..
Truss vs Sunak then on 22:42 - Jul 20 with 763 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:16 - Jul 20 by Dubtractor

So I'm a 'never vote tory' type, and I think they were all dreadful, but Truss just screams incompetence. Every time you see her speak she struggles or sounds daft - there is a reason that she hasn't done a single interview yet as part of this leadership bid.

Plus the fact that she is pure political opportunist rings alarm bells - the avowed remainer who has now become an outspoken leaver because it is politically convenient to do so. She has no principles as far as I can see.

Whereas I'd disagree with what the likes of Sunak would do as leader, I'm genuinely scared by the mess that Truss might make of things.

She is an opportunist who is a puppet of the ERG. She as close to a vote that says "there was nothing wrong with keeping Boris" as they could get too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Truss vs Sunak then on 22:46 - Jul 20 with 756 viewsXYZ

Truss vs Sunak then on 22:42 - Jul 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

She is an opportunist who is a puppet of the ERG. She as close to a vote that says "there was nothing wrong with keeping Boris" as they could get too.

Liz Medvedev, keeping the seat warm ...
Truss vs Sunak then on 22:50 - Jul 20 with 750 viewsITFCson

I bet on Truss at 16/1 so I’d like to see her win.
Truss vs Sunak then on 22:51 - Jul 20 with 747 viewsmutters

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:39 - Jul 20 by Vic

Yep, BBS link is really helpful.

Whilst I don't disagree with Liz Truss being an absolute disaster waiting to happen, the Bylinetimes is very left of center and so you should treat their content from that point of view. Some valid points were made but it's incredibly anti-conservative. Not sure you will get the balanced view you were after to help formulate your thoughts.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:03 - Jul 20 with 731 viewsXYZ

Truss vs Sunak then on 22:51 - Jul 20 by mutters

Whilst I don't disagree with Liz Truss being an absolute disaster waiting to happen, the Bylinetimes is very left of center and so you should treat their content from that point of view. Some valid points were made but it's incredibly anti-conservative. Not sure you will get the balanced view you were after to help formulate your thoughts.

"Bylinetimes is very left of center"

Where are you placing the centre (sic)?

Does being anti-corruption equate to being anti-tory?
Truss vs Sunak then on 23:24 - Jul 20 with 721 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 22:51 - Jul 20 by mutters

What exactly about the openly bigoted, corrupt, incompetent and criminally inclined current iteration of the Tory party is it that appeals to you?

Come on then, tell us Truss's good points.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 23:24]

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:26 - Jul 20 with 717 viewsmutters

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:03 - Jul 20 by XYZ

"Bylinetimes is very left of center"

Where are you placing the centre (sic)?

Does being anti-corruption equate to being anti-tory?

No corruption should be called out no matter where the root is. However, that website is a left wings wet dream. It is pure propaganda.

Where the center lies is a difficult question to answer as most would have a different definition of what the center truly means. I've been accused of being left-wing, of being right-wing depending on who I am engaging with, just because I haven't moved far enough in their direction.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:33 - Jul 20 with 710 viewsmutters

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:24 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

What exactly about the openly bigoted, corrupt, incompetent and criminally inclined current iteration of the Tory party is it that appeals to you?

Come on then, tell us Truss's good points.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 23:24]

Well, I like the colour blue. Is that enough for you to label me?

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:40 - Jul 20 with 698 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:26 - Jul 20 by mutters

No corruption should be called out no matter where the root is. However, that website is a left wings wet dream. It is pure propaganda.

Where the center lies is a difficult question to answer as most would have a different definition of what the center truly means. I've been accused of being left-wing, of being right-wing depending on who I am engaging with, just because I haven't moved far enough in their direction.

'Pure propaganda'.

Don't think it's their fault that the Tories are openly bigoted, corrupt, incompetent and criminally inclined, mate.

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:52 - Jul 20 with 689 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:33 - Jul 20 by mutters

Well, I like the colour blue. Is that enough for you to label me?

tbh, it was the making of feeble excuses for the openly corrupt, bigoted, incompetent and criminally incline Conservative government that did it.

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:55 - Jul 20 with 682 viewsmutters

Truss vs Sunak then on 23:40 - Jul 20 by BlueBadger

'Pure propaganda'.

Don't think it's their fault that the Tories are openly bigoted, corrupt, incompetent and criminally inclined, mate.

Completely agree with your assessment of the current bunch of clowns we have in charge. The worst government I can remember, and I can't wait for a change, wherever that comes from. The sooner the better, please.

However, that website is an absolute disgrace to journalism. Every article is pretty much written with the single aim to score political points. I know it has an audience, as does its right-wing equivalent, I just prefer my media to come from a more balanced view.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024