Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? 13:30 - Aug 11 with 4271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thanks to Roger Waters, I have learned that NATO is the aggressor in the Ukraine invasion.

China are the good guys

and only 6 people in the whole of China died of COVID.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:15 - Aug 11 with 1578 viewsDarth_Koont

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:13 - Aug 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

West was too nice to Putin:

“Putin was courted by Western politicians, and even excused for the Crimea annexation”

West was too mean to Putin:

“sphere of influence games going on at the side and that those have added to tensions rather than de-escalating the situation”

Must be some way I can blame the decadent imperialistic West over the corrupt, violent despot!

Well, that wasn't desperate at all.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:30 - Aug 11 with 1520 viewsericclacton

Old Rog, he really loves the old heated argument routine, wonderful lyricist though.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:35 - Aug 11 with 1480 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:30 - Aug 11 by ericclacton

Old Rog, he really loves the old heated argument routine, wonderful lyricist though.

He's no Polly Samson though.

Iron Lion Zion

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:40 - Aug 11 with 1444 viewsericclacton

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:35 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

He's no Polly Samson though.

Peaceful snigger from me.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:42 - Aug 11 with 1426 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:40 - Aug 11 by ericclacton

Peaceful snigger from me.

Iron Lion Zion

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:44 - Aug 11 with 1418 viewslowhouseblue

it bugs me that we give air time to celebrities on anything other than the stuff they're good at. you can be a musical / artistic / theatrical genius and still be as thick as pig poo when it comes to everything else.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:53 - Aug 11 with 1371 viewsblueasfook

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:11 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

Waters wasn't invited to participate in the recording.

He and Waters don't get on and haven't done for 30 years. Roger is just a bitter old man with some odd views!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:02 - Aug 11 with 1337 viewstimothyeo

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:15 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

Well, that wasn't desperate at all.

All of your posts on this thread have been desperate, to say the absolute least
Login to get fewer ads

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:03 - Aug 11 with 1331 viewsKropotkin123

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:02 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

On its own it's flawed. But so is the narrative that this has come as a surprise to NATO or anyone in the West.

If we drop the narratives and look at how we've actually handled Putin over the past couple of decades, we've basically followed our own self-interest rather than taking a principled stand earlier.

That doesn't make Putin or an aggressive Russian invasion right of course. Far from it, Putin and Russian forces bear responsibility.

But seems particularly asinine to deny that there have been sphere of influence games going on at the side and that those have added to tensions rather than de-escalating the situation.

Of cause it hasn't come as a surprise, the UK has been training Ukrainian armed forces since the first successful invasion of Ukrainian territory. Russia has been since monitored by the UK and USA, and there were reports based on leaked documents as early as December about the planned Russian invasion.

Why should a previously invaded Ukraine be politically abandoned by NATO, just because it is considered spheres of influence by those unwilling to accept that Ukraine was invaded by Russia and likely to be invaded again by Russia by a leader that has openly stated he wants to restore Soviet boundaries?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:05 - Aug 11 with 1325 viewsKropotkin123

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:13 - Aug 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

West was too nice to Putin:

“Putin was courted by Western politicians, and even excused for the Crimea annexation”

West was too mean to Putin:

“sphere of influence games going on at the side and that those have added to tensions rather than de-escalating the situation”

Must be some way I can blame the decadent imperialistic West over the corrupt, violent despot!

Haha, exactly!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:44 - Aug 11 with 1280 viewsBlueBadger

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 14:28 - Aug 11 by Wallingford_Boy

There it is!

Dunno why you're upset he's gone, you might stand a better chance of having people pay attention to your second-hand schtick now.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 16:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 1262 viewsDarth_Koont

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:03 - Aug 11 by Kropotkin123

Of cause it hasn't come as a surprise, the UK has been training Ukrainian armed forces since the first successful invasion of Ukrainian territory. Russia has been since monitored by the UK and USA, and there were reports based on leaked documents as early as December about the planned Russian invasion.

Why should a previously invaded Ukraine be politically abandoned by NATO, just because it is considered spheres of influence by those unwilling to accept that Ukraine was invaded by Russia and likely to be invaded again by Russia by a leader that has openly stated he wants to restore Soviet boundaries?

Not sure why you're saying that Ukraine should be abandoned. All I'm saying is that we could have and should have done more (and differently) over the past decade.

How did it all become so inevitable?

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:05 - Aug 11 with 1229 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 14:06 - Aug 11 by StokieBlue

They aren't valid views though, they are either lies or selectively edited versions of the actual situation.

Someone with his platform and access to media shouldn't really be allowed to outright lie and have it publicised. He can have the views, however, the media shouldn't be propagating them as some kind of equivalence to the reality.

SB

The problem with that line is that you are strongly predisposed to the notion that your view is more often than not the 'reality!'

Edit....and now that I have scanned the whole thread it seems that in coming to a point of agreement with DK you have essentially given credence to some of the wider geopolitical points being made by RW.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 17:14]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:13 - Aug 11 with 1199 viewsDarth_Koont

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:44 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

it bugs me that we give air time to celebrities on anything other than the stuff they're good at. you can be a musical / artistic / theatrical genius and still be as thick as pig poo when it comes to everything else.

It bugs me even more that we give airtime to politicians who are so woefully lacking in solutions. Or even the principles and the will to do their actual job of representing society's interests instead of promoting their own petty self-interest.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:23 - Aug 11 with 1161 viewslowhouseblue

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:13 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

It bugs me even more that we give airtime to politicians who are so woefully lacking in solutions. Or even the principles and the will to do their actual job of representing society's interests instead of promoting their own petty self-interest.

yes, i get it, no serious politician reflects your views. the rest is just name calling.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:24 - Aug 11 with 1156 viewsDarth_Koont

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 16:02 - Aug 11 by timothyeo

All of your posts on this thread have been desperate, to say the absolute least

Hardly.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:28 - Aug 11 with 1131 viewsDarth_Koont

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:23 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

yes, i get it, no serious politician reflects your views. the rest is just name calling.

The vast majority of them don't reflect much at all. Beyond their narrow self-interest.

I know for you that's the game of politics. But that's why it felt a bit rich you calling out others for being unqualified to talk about real world issues.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:07 - Aug 11 with 1094 viewsnoggin

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:23 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

You disagree then?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:07 - Aug 11 with 1095 viewslowhouseblue

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 17:28 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

The vast majority of them don't reflect much at all. Beyond their narrow self-interest.

I know for you that's the game of politics. But that's why it felt a bit rich you calling out others for being unqualified to talk about real world issues.

oh, i see, you've come to defend roger waters. a new hero. corbyn with rhythm.

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:22 - Aug 11 with 1053 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:07 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

The Darth Side of the Loon.

Iron Lion Zion

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:43 - Aug 11 with 1025 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:07 - Aug 11 by lowhouseblue

Perhaps you can highlight for me where in the thread he has done that?

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:46 - Aug 11 with 1016 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 18:22 - Aug 11 by GlasgowBlue

The Darth Side of the Loon.

Fighting the urge to uppie that just for the word play but resisting due to inaccuracy. I guess the track for you would be 'Mr Rightside'
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 18:47]

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 13:16 - Sep 26 with 666 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63026101.amp

Looks like edgelordery has cost him.

Go crank, lose bank!
Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:19 - Sep 26 with 619 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This feels like a study into the effects of long-term LSD use to me

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:34 - Sep 26 with 584 viewsgiant_stow

Rock Stars. Is there anything they don't know? on 15:13 - Aug 11 by Darth_Koont

Cheers. Yeah, it's not a black/white binary thing although I appreciate that in a war and to rightly support the innocent Ukrainian population people will get drawn into taking a side and sticking with it on every aspect.

The recent silliness and uproar over the Amnesty criticism of Ukrainian forces is a case in point. It's a war and both sides will do things that go against human rights. An organisation that monitors these things isn't picking sides on the war itself.

Didn't Amnesty's Ukraine head resign over that report? If so, I think that says alot about the difference between experiencing a war in the flesh and watching one from afar...

Edit: Yes she did and here's why: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/13/amnesty-ukraine-civilians-at-

Many resignations in Amnesty over this and an external (corrected) review ordered.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2022 15:49]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024