Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time 12:29 - Sep 8 with 13368 viewsle2blue

Starmer and Truss just walked out of parliament having been handed notes.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:46 - Sep 8 with 1495 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:45 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

Why stop with the nonce? Abolish the whole monarchy. We have science and experts now, we shouldn’t have wealth/governance based on the disproven argument the Royals are descendants of God doing his work on the ground via telepathic speed dial.

Governance?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:47 - Sep 8 with 1475 viewschicoazul

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:57 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

I spoke to someone once about Operation LB, they were ITK. Seemed like a very considered thing, with huge reach. Pretty sure what newsreaders were to wear etc was included in the guidance and I think I'm right in saying there would be some delay between the 'event' and the public being informed, to allow family to travel and news to be briefed properly etc. Was a thoroughly thought through plan and does feel like that's perhaps in action now.

Of course it was always coming in the not too distant future given she's 96, but terribly sad nonetheless.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabet

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:48 - Sep 8 with 1444 viewsZx1988

Can't help but think that the announcement is a mere formality now. Changing of the Guard has already been cancelled for tomorrow.

I assume they're waiting for the markets to close and attempting to both brace the nation and minimise the impact.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:49 - Sep 8 with 1368 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:46 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

Governance?

Yes.

https://www.royal.uk/role-monarchy

EDIT: This too: https://www.newsweek.com/queen-elizabeth-accused-lobbying-uk-government-royal-co

What happened to the big song and dance about blocking me?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 14:51]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:50 - Sep 8 with 1383 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:49 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

Yes.

https://www.royal.uk/role-monarchy

EDIT: This too: https://www.newsweek.com/queen-elizabeth-accused-lobbying-uk-government-royal-co

What happened to the big song and dance about blocking me?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 14:51]

I decided to give you a 4th chance.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:52 - Sep 8 with 1283 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:50 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

I decided to give you a 4th chance.

I don’t want a chance or your disingenuous sh1te in my feed which you’ll deny when time ages said opinions like milk again. Thanks.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 14:53]

TWTD never forgets…

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:53 - Sep 8 with 1291 viewsblueasfook

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:25 - Sep 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Right- wingers: "Why shut the country down for a virus that could kill you?"

Queen dies:

Right wingers: "We need to shut everything down for 10 days"

You're great at sweeping generalisations. Well done.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:54 - Sep 8 with 1230 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:53 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

To be fair I think the monarchy is one thing we agree on so I can give you that. Even many nationalists see through the facade.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:54 - Sep 8 with 1250 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:52 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

I don’t want a chance or your disingenuous sh1te in my feed which you’ll deny when time ages said opinions like milk again. Thanks.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 14:53]

Well that was pretty unnecessary and nasty. If I think I'm wrong (over time) then I happily recant, apologise etc.

If you don't want to see me in your feed you know what to do.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 with 1173 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:54 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

Well that was pretty unnecessary and nasty. If I think I'm wrong (over time) then I happily recant, apologise etc.

Board has been so much better for me since I put him on ignore. I'm sure he'll be around a lot these next few days...
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 with 1130 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:54 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

I do not like you. I do not want your apology. You do you, just do it somewhere away from me or my business.

TWTD never forgets…

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 with 1149 viewsdirtyboy

Why stop with the nonce? Abolish the whole monarchy. We have science and experts now, we shouldn’t have wealth/governance based on the disproven argument the Royals are descendants of God doing his work on the ground via telepathic speed dial.

I'm not sure that's what goes on. The Queen doesn't actually do any governing, she obviously gives her opinion though!

They're purely there for the pomp and ceremony and might as well have someone sign stuff off (a boos) who's not really in it for personal gain....unlike every other person who ends up in power in the UK.

Actually, if you think about it, had she run the country as a dictator we'd probably be in a better place lol!

On another note, didn't Truss want to abolish the Monarchy at some point? She's not hung about has she?!
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:59 - Sep 8 with 1143 viewsblueasfook

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:54 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

To be fair I think the monarchy is one thing we agree on so I can give you that. Even many nationalists see through the facade.

I would like to see the monarchy end with the Queen. Wont happen of course, there's a whole lineage of freeloaders clamouring to take her place.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:59 - Sep 8 with 1122 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 by monytowbray

I do not like you. I do not want your apology. You do you, just do it somewhere away from me or my business.

Fair enough. Ciao.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:00 - Sep 8 with 1078 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 by dirtyboy

I'm not sure that's what goes on. The Queen doesn't actually do any governing, she obviously gives her opinion though!

They're purely there for the pomp and ceremony and might as well have someone sign stuff off (a boos) who's not really in it for personal gain....unlike every other person who ends up in power in the UK.

Actually, if you think about it, had she run the country as a dictator we'd probably be in a better place lol!

On another note, didn't Truss want to abolish the Monarchy at some point? She's not hung about has she?!

The last line, hahaha. Fcuk!

TWTD never forgets…

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:01 - Sep 8 with 1081 viewsHighgateBlue

In fairness, when the last polls were carried out, 62% of people were in favour of the monarchy. Truss or Starmer would love those numbers...
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:01 - Sep 8 with 1075 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:58 - Sep 8 by dirtyboy

Yeah, like a day after shaking hands with Truss, Her Maj gets sick. Coincidence?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:01 - Sep 8 with 1078 viewsBlueNomad

The Monarchy is one of the three pillars of our (unwritten) constitution. It was because of the Monarchy (personified by the Queen) that Johnson was unable to prorogue Parliament and totally undermine democracy. Look around the world and consider the rise of demagogues and dictators - that is what we would face without the Monarchy.

The wealth and opulence should never disguise this.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:03 - Sep 8 with 1051 viewsXYZ

?? Just block them??
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:03 - Sep 8 with 1039 viewsMattinLondon

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:30 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

Do we all get 10 days off work?

Nah, it’ll be ten days of ‘know your place’, keep in line and be thankful for the monarchy.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 1032 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:03 - Sep 8 by XYZ

?? Just block them??

It's okay, I've put him on ignore again. Won't bother reverting again, as it's clear he has a problem with me so there's no point.

Edit - that's rather upset me actually. Oh well, sure I'll be back in a few weeks.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 15:06]

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 1025 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:53 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

Merely a novice, I'm afraid, don't think it's really my thing to be honest...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 1017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If only there was some sort of ignore function on here that you could use, rather than demanding others stop posting things on a public forum

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 1009 viewstivo

I think you will find that the population is tired of experts...
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:06 - Sep 8 with 950 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 15:01 - Sep 8 by BlueNomad

The Monarchy is one of the three pillars of our (unwritten) constitution. It was because of the Monarchy (personified by the Queen) that Johnson was unable to prorogue Parliament and totally undermine democracy. Look around the world and consider the rise of demagogues and dictators - that is what we would face without the Monarchy.

The wealth and opulence should never disguise this.

Am I right in remembering that he did prolong it though and it took the legal system to undo it?

Other nations have constitutions to deal with this, the idea that a head of state is better than a dictatorship when we’ve slipped closer to one since Brexit regardless doesn’t hold much weight with me.

Stepping in dog poo is better than falling face first into dog poo, but I’d rather avoid either.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024