Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time 12:29 - Sep 8 with 13369 viewsle2blue

Starmer and Truss just walked out of parliament having been handed notes.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:48 - Sep 8 with 1851 viewsBucklebury_blue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 12:42 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

Forgive my ignorance but what does that mean exactly?

London Bridge is the name for the plan when the Queen dies, hopefully not for a long time.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 1825 viewsMookamoo

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:48 - Sep 8 by Bucklebury_blue

London Bridge is the name for the plan when the Queen dies, hopefully not for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:51 - Sep 8 with 1787 viewsMookamoo

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:42 - Sep 8 by vilanovablue

The Guardian reported on what would happen in the event of the queen dying (a while back) and there was talk of it being managed this way to give people a chance to prepare for the news coming out formally.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 13:43]

Plus she is not just our Queen. There a lot of people to contact.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:52 - Sep 8 with 1778 viewsSamuelowen88

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:39 - Sep 8 by noggin

Possibly to allow family to arrive at Balmoral and an official announcement to be penned?

I expect there is also some issue regarding who is head of state. Although Charles's coronation would be weeks away, I assume there has to be a hand over pretty quickly for what every reason. I also have a memory that I read somewhere that this can (should) be done by the doctor, someone who could confirm the worst had happened.

Poll: England v Wales Score

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:52 - Sep 8 with 1763 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:39 - Sep 8 by noggin

Possibly to allow family to arrive at Balmoral and an official announcement to be penned?

I'd imagine an official announcement was penned a long time ago. The family being allowed to arrive first is a good point, although I'm not sure that's strictly necessary before the announcement is it?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:54 - Sep 8 with 1726 viewsSamuelowen88

Sounds like it's either happened or not far away.

Not only charles, but they all seem to be on their way up there.

Huw Edwards now on BBC in black suit and tie

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:57 - Sep 8 with 1712 viewsclive_baker

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:54 - Sep 8 by Samuelowen88

Sounds like it's either happened or not far away.

Not only charles, but they all seem to be on their way up there.

Huw Edwards now on BBC in black suit and tie

I spoke to someone once about Operation LB, they were ITK. Seemed like a very considered thing, with huge reach. Pretty sure what newsreaders were to wear etc was included in the guidance and I think I'm right in saying there would be some delay between the 'event' and the public being informed, to allow family to travel and news to be briefed properly etc. Was a thoroughly thought through plan and does feel like that's perhaps in action now.

Of course it was always coming in the not too distant future given she's 96, but terribly sad nonetheless.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:58 - Sep 8 with 1689 viewsSarge

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:11 - Sep 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why on earth would the football be off?

For an utterly ridiculous North Korean style enforced sadness period. Although you’d hope they’ve learned their lesson from the reaction to Prince Philip’s passing.
Login to get fewer ads

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:58 - Sep 8 with 1684 viewsvilanovablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:51 - Sep 8 by Mookamoo

Plus she is not just our Queen. There a lot of people to contact.

The BBC saying we should now prepare for the worst.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:59 - Sep 8 with 1670 viewsMookamoo

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:57 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

I spoke to someone once about Operation LB, they were ITK. Seemed like a very considered thing, with huge reach. Pretty sure what newsreaders were to wear etc was included in the guidance and I think I'm right in saying there would be some delay between the 'event' and the public being informed, to allow family to travel and news to be briefed properly etc. Was a thoroughly thought through plan and does feel like that's perhaps in action now.

Of course it was always coming in the not too distant future given she's 96, but terribly sad nonetheless.

Apparently there is an Operation Unicorn should she pass in Scotland

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/operation-unicorn-plans-revea
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:59 - Sep 8 with 1659 viewsSamuelowen88

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:57 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

Yup, sure i've read something similar. Have a recollection BBC had pre chosen who would be on air to announce it as well.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:01 - Sep 8 with 1611 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:59 - Sep 8 by Samuelowen88

Yup, sure i've read something similar. Have a recollection BBC had pre chosen who would be on air to announce it as well.

Presenter has just come back on with black suit and tie. Wasnt before
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:10 - Sep 8 with 1502 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:58 - Sep 8 by vilanovablue

The BBC saying we should now prepare for the worst.

Really? I've been watching for an hour and didn't hear them say that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:11 - Sep 8 with 1489 viewsportmanking

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:10 - Sep 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Really? I've been watching for an hour and didn't hear them say that.

Yep, Nicholas Witchell said exactly that.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:15 - Sep 8 with 1433 viewsIpswichKnight

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:52 - Sep 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd imagine an official announcement was penned a long time ago. The family being allowed to arrive first is a good point, although I'm not sure that's strictly necessary before the announcement is it?

My extremely good contact in the Guards ( Grenadier guards ) thinks it’s happened already.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:17 - Sep 8 with 1399 viewsclive_baker

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:15 - Sep 8 by IpswichKnight

My extremely good contact in the Guards ( Grenadier guards ) thinks it’s happened already.

I think that's highly likely.

TV blackout and black ties is all part of the plan. All points towards them now just managing when the confirmation will be delivered to the public IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:21 - Sep 8 with 1350 viewsZXBlue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:17 - Sep 8 by clive_baker

I think that's highly likely.

TV blackout and black ties is all part of the plan. All points towards them now just managing when the confirmation will be delivered to the public IMO.

The black outfits are certainly notable and obvious. Seems a flaw in the plan to flag it so obviously if it's it's delayed announcement
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:24 - Sep 8 with 1294 viewsPinewoodblue

Operation Unicorn also , as she is currently in Scotland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:30 - Sep 8 with 1211 viewsblueasfook

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:12 - Sep 8 by abracaDOBRA_

Because of 10 days of national morning. Not sure if it is or not, but wouldn't be that surprising if it is

Do we all get 10 days off work?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:32 - Sep 8 with 1186 viewsnoggin

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:30 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

FFS.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:33 - Sep 8 with 1151 viewsunbelievablue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:30 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

Not even a bank holiday according to Wikipedia.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:41 - Sep 8 with 1006 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:37 - Sep 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Well that's obviously nonsense. Why would they keep it a secret? What's to be gained from it?

Not sure it’s as obviously nonsensical as you think.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:42 - Sep 8 with 1001 viewsMookamoo

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:33 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

Not even a bank holiday according to Wikipedia.

Surely there would be a day off for a state funeral and then a coronation?

Perhaps they'll just leave it to employers discretion.
Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:42 - Sep 8 with 1004 viewsblueasfook

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 13:58 - Sep 8 by Sarge

For an utterly ridiculous North Korean style enforced sadness period. Although you’d hope they’ve learned their lesson from the reaction to Prince Philip’s passing.

As long as His Royal Nonce doesn't see it as an opportunity to thrust himself into the limelight again. That would just be sickening and typical of the self-centredness of the man to use his mother's death in that way.

I am hoping Charles has a plan to get rid of him once he takes over. Send him off to some far-flung colony somewhere.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:45 - Sep 8 with 909 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like it might be London Bridge time on 14:42 - Sep 8 by blueasfook

As long as His Royal Nonce doesn't see it as an opportunity to thrust himself into the limelight again. That would just be sickening and typical of the self-centredness of the man to use his mother's death in that way.

I am hoping Charles has a plan to get rid of him once he takes over. Send him off to some far-flung colony somewhere.

Why stop with the nonce? Abolish the whole monarchy. We have science and experts now, we shouldn’t have wealth/governance based on the disproven argument the Royals are descendants of God doing his work on the ground via telepathic speed dial.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024