Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. 15:43 - Sep 8 with 6296 viewsITFC_Forever

According to somone in a meeting just now who has a relative who works for BBC News.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:09 - Sep 8 with 1695 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Well thanks for this. I told my mum, now I look like a right chump.*

*She probably knows this already.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:09 - Sep 8 with 1692 viewsunbelievablue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:08 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

Off to the Tower with you!

Will there be hobnobs?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:10 - Sep 8 with 1690 viewsPhilTWTD

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:06 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

Technically, compassing the monarch's death (including predicting the timing) is a form of treason. Peopme have been executed for it, tho not recently.

*Adds treason to the list of what's prohibited on the site Ts and Cs*

This post has been edited by an administrator
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:12 - Sep 8 with 1611 viewsTangledupin_Blue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 15:54 - Sep 8 by Keno

7 family members just landed at Aberdeen so it may not be announced at 4

Aren't these 'household' rather than family? A few favourites of her servants perhaps giving comfort as she fades...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:13 - Sep 8 with 1611 viewsWeWereZombies

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:09 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

Will there be hobnobs?

Yes there will, but you will be chained to a wall and unable to reach them as they sit on a saucer dangling an inch from your nose.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:13 - Sep 8 with 1603 viewsunbelievablue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:13 - Sep 8 by WeWereZombies

Yes there will, but you will be chained to a wall and unable to reach them as they sit on a saucer dangling an inch from your nose.

I have a long tongue.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:14 - Sep 8 with 1606 viewsStokieBlue

The BBC coverage is getting a bit painful.

Seems they know something and keep slipping into the past tense then correcting and saying there is nothing to indicate there is any change from this morning.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:14 - Sep 8 with 1592 viewsWarkTheWark

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:13 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

I have a long tongue.

Creep.
Login to get fewer ads

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:16 - Sep 8 with 1556 viewsWeWereZombies

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:13 - Sep 8 by unbelievablue

I have a long tongue.

Which will be tied to the steering wheel of an Audi TT.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:17 - Sep 8 with 1538 viewsStokieBlue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:12 - Sep 8 by Tangledupin_Blue

Aren't these 'household' rather than family? A few favourites of her servants perhaps giving comfort as she fades...

William, Andrew and Edward were on the plane.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:24 - Sep 8 with 1439 viewsstonojnr

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:14 - Sep 8 by StokieBlue

Seems they know something and keep slipping into the past tense then correcting and saying there is nothing to indicate there is any change from this morning.

SB

Even the on screen sign language person on BBC news channel is wearing all black, as well as all the onsite reporters
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:29 - Sep 8 with 1389 viewsdickie

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 15:44 - Sep 8 by WD19

Yes, hearing similar. Schedules certainly being cleared for the evening.

Also hearing similar from one of my best mates who is pals with a few fleet street journos and someone who works for the Met (apparently they've all had leave cancelled). And another friend who has been briefed who works in PR for Network Rail
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:30 - Sep 8 with 1357 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We will find out at the same time as the BBC so this was plainly BS.

The PM is the first to find out, followed by the cabinet. Within 10 minutes all government flags are lowered to half mast, which should be synchronised with a Press Association news flash.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:51 - Sep 8 with 1177 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:14 - Sep 8 by StokieBlue

SB

Indeed. I've switched back on (still unpacking and shifting stuff around in my new flat) and the 'news' is still the same as lunchtime.

And yeah, I noticed a presenter talking about a younger royal saying "He WAS very fond of her."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:58 - Sep 8 with 1121 viewsjeera

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:51 - Sep 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. I've switched back on (still unpacking and shifting stuff around in my new flat) and the 'news' is still the same as lunchtime.

And yeah, I noticed a presenter talking about a younger royal saying "He WAS very fond of her."

Someone said on there (BBC) around lunchtime that she always 'had' such a warm smile.

I tried not to read much into it as people tend to say the wrong things sometimes but it did make me wonder if they knew something then.

Not that it would make any difference of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:05 - Sep 8 with 1043 viewsBarcaBlue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:58 - Sep 8 by jeera

Someone said on there (BBC) around lunchtime that she always 'had' such a warm smile.

I tried not to read much into it as people tend to say the wrong things sometimes but it did make me wonder if they knew something then.

Unlikely to use the present tense there though in reality.
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. (n/t) on 17:09 - Sep 8 with 1016 viewsBarcaBlue

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 16:58 - Sep 8 by jeera

[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 17:10]
London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:10 - Sep 8 with 1006 viewsjeera

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:05 - Sep 8 by BarcaBlue

Unlikely to use the present tense there though in reality.

Maybe.

I tend to speak of people who are alive in the present tense myself, but having witnessed the standards in journalism decline the way they have not much is surprising anymore.

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:28 - Sep 8 with 902 viewsNthQldITFC

I have a long tongue.

My missus has just asked me to enquire as to whether you can breathe through your ears?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:30 - Sep 8 with 890 viewstextbackup

we've had the official rules/regs read out at work, the announcement would be at 11am the day after the passing.

edit - or not.....
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 18:37]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:33 - Sep 8 with 852 viewsjeera

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:30 - Sep 8 by textbackup

we've had the official rules/regs read out at work, the announcement would be at 11am the day after the passing.

edit - or not.....
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 18:37]

That sounds more like it.

All the people staring at their TVs thinking an announcement will be made reality TV style seem to be missing the point a bit.

At least for the sake of a bit of class you'd hope so.

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:37 - Sep 8 with 828 viewstextbackup

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:33 - Sep 8 by jeera

That sounds more like it.

All the people staring at their TVs thinking an announcement will be made reality TV style seem to be missing the point a bit.

At least for the sake of a bit of class you'd hope so.

an official timeline of events will occur.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 753 viewsjeera

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 17:37 - Sep 8 by textbackup

an official timeline of events will occur.

Quite.

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 18:00 - Sep 8 with 698 viewsVic

No news readers on screen. Are they getting changed into black?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 18:01 - Sep 8 with 696 viewsphillymark

London Bridge set to be confirmed as fallen at 4pm. on 15:56 - Sep 8 by RadioOrwell

I don't wish her any harm whatsoever but it's going to be a media nightmare.
It was quite bad with Phillp.
This will be Diana on steroids.

This is definitely a moment when I'm glad to be living overseas
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024