Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poland hit by missile... 19:16 - Nov 15 with 8574 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...and Moldova suffering power outages. Surely a good enough reason to massively increase air defense system supplies to Ukraine?

Edit....removed 'Russian' from title.
There is still enough reason to supply better air defence systems.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2022 7:17]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:20 - Nov 15 with 3644 viewsChurchman

Absolutely. Should have been done months ago.

Assuming the report of a couple of Polish people being killed is correct, I’d give Putin 24 hours notice of a no fly zone too and that any attempt to breech it, including helicopters, would result in their air component being removed.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 19:32]
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:30 - Nov 15 with 3571 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Zelensky should invite NATO to station Ground to Air Missiles and crew in Ukrainian in order for them to defend NATO territory from Russian missile attacks.

And then give permission for NATO aircraft to fly in Ukraine's airspace in order to defend the Ground to Air Missile crew.

Which should be enough to stop the Russian missile attacks on all but the front lines.
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:30 - Nov 15 with 3563 viewsOldsmoker

Apologies Bankster, I didn't notice you posted this.

Why is it always Poland where it kicks off.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:34 - Nov 15 with 3520 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Should be. Won't be. Accidental so not an act of aggression or some such twaddle I'd imagine

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 with 3501 viewsTrequartista

I would have thought they are already supplying as much as they can up to the point where they judge any more would raise the chances of a nuclear conflict to an unacceptable level. Avoiding nuclear conflict is of course the number one priority.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 with 3495 viewsbluelagos

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:30 - Nov 15 by Oldsmoker

I guess being in between Germany and Russia has proven a far from ideal location for a peaceful extistence.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 with 3494 viewsMattinLondon

Isn’t Poland in NATO? And due to treaty obligations an attack on its territory is considered an act on all member states?

I could be wrong about this but things could escalate very very quickly now.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 19:37]
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:38 - Nov 15 with 3477 viewsOldsmoker

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:34 - Nov 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Should be. Won't be. Accidental so not an act of aggression or some such twaddle I'd imagine

It depends on how Russia explain themselves.
If their response is the equivalent of 'Go and do one' or "What'ev" then I think the temperature will start to rise.

Login to get fewer ads

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:39 - Nov 15 with 3453 viewsGuthrum

The Russians have just lost what little chance they had of NATO or the EU cooling on support for Ukraine. Even the Hungarians are reacting.

Suspect it was poor aim/guidance rather than deliberate targeting. Nonetheless, people have reportedly been killed. Not a light matter.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:39 - Nov 15 with 3443 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 by MattinLondon

Isn’t Poland in NATO? And due to treaty obligations an attack on its territory is considered an act on all member states?

You are correct and couldn’t they just. Russian denial incoming in 5....4....3....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:40 - Nov 15 with 3416 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:30 - Nov 15 by Oldsmoker

You’re thinking of the great Polish ‘invasion’ of our high streets Spas, presumably?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:43 - Nov 15 with 3377 viewsGuthrum

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 by MattinLondon

Poland could theoretically invoke Article 5. However, I very much doubt this is part of any deliberate attack, so wouldn't really be justified.

They will probably demand NATO anti-air/missile units be based on their borders, tho.

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:46 - Nov 15 with 3326 viewsMattinLondon

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:43 - Nov 15 by Guthrum

Poland could theoretically invoke Article 5. However, I very much doubt this is part of any deliberate attack, so wouldn't really be justified.

They will probably demand NATO anti-air/missile units be based on their borders, tho.

So as a result of poor aim by the Russians hundreds of NATO missiles could well be stationed next to its territory?

Edit. Just realised that Poland doesn’t border Russia - Belarus is probably almost the same though.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 19:50]
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:48 - Nov 15 with 3302 viewsOldsmoker

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:40 - Nov 15 by Swansea_Blue

You’re thinking of the great Polish ‘invasion’ of our high streets Spas, presumably?

I admit that I took advantage of a Polish Plumber back in the day when they were allowed to live and work here.

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:48 - Nov 15 with 3302 viewsChurchman

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 by Trequartista

I would have thought they are already supplying as much as they can up to the point where they judge any more would raise the chances of a nuclear conflict to an unacceptable level. Avoiding nuclear conflict is of course the number one priority.

The more the mixed messages and western quaking with fear transmits itself to Putin, the more likely a nuclear disaster is, by mistake or him ‘pushing his luck’. It works in reverse.

Putin is a simpleton. A binary man. He responds to fear and backs down to strength. A sort of stupid version of a playground bully. China will cut him off at the knees if he threatens nuclear - the G20 statement proved that.

Give the murdering animal a simple message he can understand and he will back down. He has no choice, in my view.
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:51 - Nov 15 with 3263 viewsGuthrum

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:46 - Nov 15 by MattinLondon

So as a result of poor aim by the Russians hundreds of NATO missiles could well be stationed next to its territory?

Edit. Just realised that Poland doesn’t border Russia - Belarus is probably almost the same though.

Anti-aircraft/missile missiles and radar systems, yes. They've been beefing up the defences for months now, anyway.

Some clarification on 19:54 - Nov 15 with 3242 viewsGuthrum

Now reports that the missile may have crashed across the border after being hit by Ukrainian air defence forces.

Some clarification on 19:56 - Nov 15 with 3219 viewsTrequartista

Some clarification on 19:54 - Nov 15 by Guthrum

Now reports that the missile may have crashed across the border after being hit by Ukrainian air defence forces.

In a perverse way, let's hope that's true.

I don't think we have full facts of all of Russia's missile attacks today. They seem to have landed dozens of missiles with unerring accuracy (which they are not known for) if they've took out power for millions and only killed 1 Ukrainian, yet killed twice as many in Poland with one stray one.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 19:57]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Some clarification on 19:59 - Nov 15 with 3179 viewsGuthrum

Some clarification on 19:56 - Nov 15 by Trequartista

In a perverse way, let's hope that's true.

I don't think we have full facts of all of Russia's missile attacks today. They seem to have landed dozens of missiles with unerring accuracy (which they are not known for) if they've took out power for millions and only killed 1 Ukrainian, yet killed twice as many in Poland with one stray one.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 19:57]

The Russians were probably using proper surface-to-surface and air-to-surface missiles this time, rather than firing off old S-300 air-defence weapons and fiddling with the radar so they hit the ground (which is what they've been doing a lot of).

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:04 - Nov 15 with 3141 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:46 - Nov 15 by MattinLondon

Poland does border Russia at North.
Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:07 - Nov 15 with 3104 viewsStokieBlue

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 19:37 - Nov 15 by Trequartista

Russia aren't going to start a nuclear conflict, there is nothing in it for them, it's scaremongering of the highest order.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:14 - Nov 15 with 3030 viewsDarth_Koont

That statement of Russia's buys the time to investigate.

Slightly less nervous.

Pronouns: He/Him

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:21 - Nov 15 with 2925 viewsKeno

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:04 - Nov 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Poland does border Russia at North.

Dont forget the Danzig, sorry kaliningrad corridor

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:21 - Nov 15 with 2932 viewsGuthrum

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:14 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

That statement of Russia's buys the time to investigate.

Slightly less nervous.

Not sure there's much cause for nervousness. There's no way the Russians would have been deliberately firing missiles at an obscure Polish border village. It's not a worthwhile target considering the massive repercussions of doing so.

Poland hit by Russian missiles... on 20:24 - Nov 15 with 2888 viewsBlueForYou

Poor aim?? If Russia had not fired deadly missiles towards innocent Ukraine civilians, we would not have an issue. Wait for confirmation of course, but it would seem to confirm that Russia are severely trying the west's patience. It is an attack on NATO territory. Anyone thinking Putin would not consider nuclear weapons is naive. Very serious times. He is goading us to get involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024