Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson saved my life 09:08 - Dec 16 with 9302 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

Just wanted to share something with you if I may.
I know Kayden Jackson often splits the crowd, however I for one will always be indebted to him.
Just pre-Covid, I took my young son to his first ITFC game. I had the intention of ending my life after wards but wanted to take him before I did so. We ended up sitting right near the tunnel.
My boy was keen for a photo of the players as they came out so I called a few names and Kayden Jackson was the only one to come over. He spent ages with my boy. Photos, autographs, high fives and a good chat. Kayden then said something off the cuff about mental well-being that stuck with me. After the game we were stuck in traffic by the players exit and Kayden was in his car next to us. He recognised my boy from earlier and unwound his window to ask him if he enjoyed the game and if he was going to go again.
It was such an small and simple thing for him to do, and it may seem silly, but it really sparked something in me that evening. How humble he was, and how down to earth he was. There was no arrogance from a man who could very well have just ignored us.
Now 2/3 years later I am loving life, got a fantastic family and new vigour for it. I think it’s fair to say that Kayden, whilst not everyone’s favourite ITFC player, is certainly a hero in my eyes.
As long as he is at ITFC , then I will always champion him - and will always follow his career should the time come for him to move on.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:13 - Dec 16 with 6606 viewscatch74

Honestly such a heartwarming post - you’ve really choked me up this morning. Good for you, amazing for your son in so many senses and brilliant from Kayden.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:19 - Dec 16 with 6546 viewsNthQldITFC

That is so heart-warming to read and I'm sure your act of sharing the story here will help other people who read it as well. Deep thanks to you and to Kayden.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Marvellous stuff…. on 09:20 - Dec 16 with 6548 viewsBloots

….on more than one level.

There’s always decent people around and remember that without you your son wouldn’t have had that memory either.

The fact that you wanted to give him that memory shows your value to the world.

Stay strong, stay positive and good luck.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:22 - Dec 16 with 6532 viewsclive_baker

That's a very difficult thing to read but also very heartwarming, and you should be incredibly proud of the progress you've made. Thanks for sharing this, I think it's sometimes difficult as a bloke to speak openly about such things and I've got so much respect for those that do, as it no doubt helps others. There are a lot of soft societal pressures on men that don't get spoken about enough. I' so pleased to read that you're out the other side and feeling good again, long may that continue.

Lovely to hear KJ played a part in it, he certainly seems like a good lad and very sincere. I know he's also spoken about mental health in the past and he would probably be interested to hear your story. What I would say about him dividing opinion is I'm confident it's relating to contribution on the pitch rather than any slight on his character, and of course people are entitled to have opinions on the football side. What seems in little doubt is that he's a good guy and it's lovely to hear how much time he made for your boy. They're moments that will probably stay with him throughout his life.

Maximum respect to you Sir. I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 6431 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Bit dusty in my living room.
Great to hear that you're in a much happier place.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:33 - Dec 16 with 6391 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I would appreciate it if people stopped making me cry into my porridge please. Thanks.
Well done for posting.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:40 - Dec 16 with 6337 viewsCotty

I think that somebody should tell Kayden about this, I'm sure it would mean a lot to him too.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:43 - Dec 16 with 6306 viewscatch74

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:40 - Dec 16 by Cotty

I think that somebody should tell Kayden about this, I'm sure it would mean a lot to him too.

Agreed.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

I think that’s up to the OP really. (n/t) on 09:48 - Dec 16 with 6226 viewsBloots

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:40 - Dec 16 by Cotty

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I think that’s up to the OP really. (n/t) on 09:53 - Dec 16 with 6169 viewsCotty

I think that’s up to the OP really. (n/t) on 09:48 - Dec 16 by Bloots

Yes for sure.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 09:57 - Dec 16 with 6141 viewsusm

POTY
Right there
Close the polls
Well done NB and thanks for posting and well done KJ too
Good to read and glad that you are feeling better, hope it continues
Have a great Christmas
COYB

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:00 - Dec 16 with 6110 viewsTractorCam

Wow, what a story! Amazing how something so small can have such a big impact. Glad to see you're in a better place now, do you still go to games with your son?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:01 - Dec 16 with 6094 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Poll: would you rather

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:07 - Dec 16 with 6023 viewschicoazul

All the best to you and your family OP, thank you for sharing this story.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:29 - Dec 16 with 5892 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

Thank you all for the Honest and heart warming replies. Good bunch of people on here.

Apologies for for the emotional post, and even more sorry if you got something in your eye reading it!
Kayden does know. I DM’d him when his interview about mental health went up.

I should have ended that by saying that it seems a different life now. I can’t believe that I ever got so low. So much happier now and it almost feels like an out of body experience - like watching it happen to someone else.

Upppa Towen!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 10:34]
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 5840 viewsChurchman

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:29 - Dec 16 by NORFOLK_BLUE

Thank you all for the Honest and heart warming replies. Good bunch of people on here.

Apologies for for the emotional post, and even more sorry if you got something in your eye reading it!
Kayden does know. I DM’d him when his interview about mental health went up.

I should have ended that by saying that it seems a different life now. I can’t believe that I ever got so low. So much happier now and it almost feels like an out of body experience - like watching it happen to someone else.

Upppa Towen!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 10:34]

No apologies needed. Thank you for posting it.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:50 - Dec 16 with 5723 viewsYallop2

Mate thank you for sharing. A really touching story. All the very best to you and your family.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 10:53 - Dec 16 with 5690 viewsBlueandTruesince82

That's a wonderful story and a brave share on here. Glad you've got through those dark times, better days will always come if we can get through the tough ones.

For anyone struggling, I know this time of year can be v harsh for some people, talk to someone, anyone. If there isn't anyone in your life that you feel comfortable talking to then call the samaritains and talk to them, it will help.

Also, if anyone has private health care through work it's worth seeing if you can access therapy through that. Relaying on local services is tough but if you have to go via the NHS, keep pushing to see someone, stay at it.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2022 10:55]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 11:28 - Dec 16 with 5510 viewsRyorry

Very moist eyes here in Yorkshire, your post is in itself a wonderful Christmas present. Saw further down the thread you'd apologised for it - whoa, no need for you to do that whatsoever - quite the reverse, it's a heartwarmer with a message of hope for all.

Good man Kayden Jackson 👏🏻

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 11:31 - Dec 16 with 5498 viewsghostofescobar

Was just sitting in my stairs for 2 mins having a scroll through the forum and this made me well up. Well done for sharing and for getting to where you are now. Your son will always be much better off with you in his life, and we are lucky to have you as a fellow fan. Have a great Xmas.

GhostOfEscobar

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 11:33 - Dec 16 with 5482 viewsChrisd

Really pleased to read you’ve got your zest for life back Norfolk Blue. It’s so interesting how life weaves its spell at times, reading your story there appears a couple of twists of fate to help steer you down your chosen pathway. It’s great to read that experience was the start of your climb back and look how far you’ve come in that short space of time.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 12:37 - Dec 16 with 5271 viewsLeBlue

Not unexpected from Kayden, he seems like a thoroughly nice lad.

Massive respect to you Norfolk Blue, not only for sharing your story but more importantly for having the inner strength to pull yourself back up. That takes some doing, huge credit to you.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and hoping that your trajectory remains on the up. Fair play lad.
Kayden Jackson saved my life on 12:39 - Dec 16 with 5253 viewsKeno

its gone very dusty in BN12

Norfolk - good to hear the outcome

anyone and everyone else - if you feel bad, please reach out to someone, anyone.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 13:01 - Dec 16 with 5150 viewsPendejo

Wow

Was expecting that to be a suggestion for a song but it seems to have attracted a bit of dust into this room!

Take care

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Kayden Jackson saved my life on 17:42 - Dec 16 with 4798 viewsRyorry

As this had dropped to p2, and some people may not have seen it yet -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024