Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking holes 18:25 - Jan 12 with 12389 viewsDevonport

Evening all, Plymouth fan in peace here.

Reading the away day guide the Station hotel is the allocated away pub for us on Saturday. As you are all fully aware, having a large contingent of people in one pub isn’t usually a pleasant experience so I was hoping for some recommendations to alternative pubs to waste a few hours prior to kick off.

No club colours will be on show to hopefully not restrict our options. Any help will be appreciated and all the best for the rest of the season post Saturday

Thanks
Drinking holes on 18:28 - Jan 12 with 7152 viewsDinDjarin

Head to the Arcade Tavern in town, if you have no colours and behave should be no problems. Will be busy though but cracking selection of beers.

Or a bit of a further walk The Dove Street Inn is decent too. Again great selection of beers. My favourite pub.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:47]
[Redacted] on 18:33 - Jan 12 with 7069 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Drinking holes on 18:39 - Jan 12 with 7001 viewsHipsterectomy

The Golf Hotel on Foxhall Road is a short walk to the ground

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Drinking holes on 18:39 - Jan 12 with 6988 viewsstringy

Drinking holes on 18:28 - Jan 12 by DinDjarin

Head to the Arcade Tavern in town, if you have no colours and behave should be no problems. Will be busy though but cracking selection of beers.

Or a bit of a further walk The Dove Street Inn is decent too. Again great selection of beers. My favourite pub.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:47]

The Dove is terrific and very friendly, or up near the park go to The Greyhound - full of Town fans, but I've often seen a table of away types there
Drinking holes on 18:43 - Jan 12 with 6939 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Isaacs down by the marina. Busy matchdays, but several big screens inside and out showing lunchtime football and one in the urinal so you can watch while having a piss.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Drinking holes on 18:44 - Jan 12 with 6888 viewsParky

The Waterlily.
Drinking holes on 18:46 - Jan 12 with 6851 viewsDinDjarin

Drinking holes on 18:43 - Jan 12 by StochesStotasBlewe

Isaacs down by the marina. Busy matchdays, but several big screens inside and out showing lunchtime football and one in the urinal so you can watch while having a piss.

Always a treat that :-)
Drinking holes on 18:47 - Jan 12 with 6841 viewsDubtractor

Drinking holes on 18:39 - Jan 12 by stringy

The Dove is terrific and very friendly, or up near the park go to The Greyhound - full of Town fans, but I've often seen a table of away types there

The Greyhound is a good shout, and as Stringy says there are often away fans there.

It'll be really busy, but with a really friendly (not beered up and lairy) crowd.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Drinking holes on 18:50 - Jan 12 with 6796 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Drinking holes on 18:46 - Jan 12 by DinDjarin

Always a treat that :-)

It was when Naridge were on.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Drinking holes on 18:53 - Jan 12 with 6751 views66notout

Drinking holes on 18:39 - Jan 12 by Hipsterectomy

The Golf Hotel on Foxhall Road is a short walk to the ground

The Golf Hotel is not a short walk from the stadium. It will take at least half an hour.
Drinking holes on 18:55 - Jan 12 with 6724 viewsSitfcB

The Hare and Hounds on Norwich Road always welcoming, short walk to the ground.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Drinking holes on 19:05 - Jan 12 with 6577 viewsITFC_Forever

Drinking holes on 18:53 - Jan 12 by 66notout

The Golf Hotel is not a short walk from the stadium. It will take at least half an hour.

It is from a stadium though. Just not the football stadium.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Drinking holes on 19:05 - Jan 12 with 6569 viewsITFC_Forever

No colours and be polite, you’ll be fine in almost all the town centre pubs.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Drinking holes on 19:42 - Jan 12 with 6253 viewsclive_baker

Isaacs is a good suggestion, more of a bar but it’s large and you’ll get the lunchtime game on TV there if that’s your thing, nice building too. On the marina which is a good spot and close to the ground.

Other option I would suggest is head to Christchurch Park area, you’ll have the Woolpack and the Greyhound on opposite sides of the park. You could start there and then stop at the Arcade Tavern en route to the ground.

Safe trip, hope you enjoy your visit but of course go back empty handed :)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Drinking holes on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 6176 viewsnoggin

I'll be at The Greyhound, with the other classy people.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Drinking holes on 20:06 - Jan 12 with 6009 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

Bar21
Drinking holes on 20:31 - Jan 12 with 5728 viewsMillsey

And the accent is very similar (to an outsider lol)
Drinking holes on 20:37 - Jan 12 with 5648 viewsZx1988

Anywhere with a flat roof will see you right.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Drinking holes on 20:57 - Jan 12 with 5453 viewsPendejo

Ipswich is a friendly place, unless you augment green with yellow, you will be welcome to spend oodles of cash anywhere. Well pretty much anywhere, there's still the odd caveman place.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Drinking holes on 21:09 - Jan 12 with 5340 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Drinking holes on 19:42 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

Isaacs is a good suggestion, more of a bar but it’s large and you’ll get the lunchtime game on TV there if that’s your thing, nice building too. On the marina which is a good spot and close to the ground.

Other option I would suggest is head to Christchurch Park area, you’ll have the Woolpack and the Greyhound on opposite sides of the park. You could start there and then stop at the Arcade Tavern en route to the ground.

Safe trip, hope you enjoy your visit but of course go back empty handed :)

Yep this. You’ll be completely fine - enjoy the nice pubs that the town centre has to offer.

Plymouth is a top away game for me - have always enjoyed trips there - so hope you have a good one (result aside) on Saturday.
Drinking holes on 23:09 - Jan 12 with 4981 viewsDinnernotTea

Head to Isaacs. Less than 20 minute walk from the station. Around 15 minute walk to your turnstile.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Drinking holes on 23:41 - Jan 12 with 4845 viewsLord_Lucan

Depends on what tickles your fancy baby.

Many on her have suggested Isaacs, frankly I hate the place but that might be because I am old and miserable.

Arcade would be my go to - or possibly even The Plough. Arcade is great IMHO but you're gonna spend some hard earned in there man.

If not Arcade I would definitely recommend The Plough for an old style boozer type of place.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Drinking holes on 23:44 - Jan 12 with 4827 viewsDubtractor

Drinking holes on 23:41 - Jan 12 by Lord_Lucan

Depends on what tickles your fancy baby.

Many on her have suggested Isaacs, frankly I hate the place but that might be because I am old and miserable.

Arcade would be my go to - or possibly even The Plough. Arcade is great IMHO but you're gonna spend some hard earned in there man.

If not Arcade I would definitely recommend The Plough for an old style boozer type of place.

I'm with you on Isaacs, don't like it at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Drinking holes on 23:53 - Jan 12 with 4815 viewsLord_Lucan

Drinking holes on 23:44 - Jan 12 by Dubtractor

I'm with you on Isaacs, don't like it at all.

Isaacs is everything I hate about pubs - and life in general to be honest.

My boy worked there for a while just before he pretended to go to university. On some days he would go in at 05.30 to meet the draymen and then have to get clocked off after one hour of unloading. Personally I would have paid them at the very least half a day,

And.......... If they were offered a drink by a reveller they could accept it but the transaction would go through as a sale - no money for the staff baby - and no beer!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Drinking holes on 23:53 - Jan 12 with 4800 viewsFreddies_Ears

DM sent... Have good trip...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024