Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burns 17:33 - Jan 15 with 5000 viewsitfcJDP

I know he scored, so it won’t be the popular opinion, but anyone else think Burns has been completely off the pace lately? Frustrating to watch as often looks like he’s not really trying/sprinting (obviously is).

Also not really seen it mentioned that Morsy really struggled to influence the game. Do wonder whether we still need another there.
Burns on 17:37 - Jan 15 with 4188 viewsITFCBlues

Another 3?!

I'd say we need some genuine competition for Burns. Of that I've got zero doubt. Not sure we need 3 more though.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Burns on 17:50 - Jan 15 with 4087 viewsStewart27

Nope. Burns has been fine. Is he as good as last year? Probably not quite.

This season he has scored winners against Portsmouth and Derby and scored our goal yesterday against Plymouth which should have won the match. The goal yesterday was an absolute screamer by the way.

Big players turn up for the big games and Wes hasn’t let us down.
Burns on 18:06 - Jan 15 with 4015 viewsitfcJDP

Burns on 17:37 - Jan 15 by ITFCBlues

Another 3?!

I'd say we need some genuine competition for Burns. Of that I've got zero doubt. Not sure we need 3 more though.

3?
Burns on 18:07 - Jan 15 with 4011 viewsitfcJDP

Burns on 17:50 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

Nope. Burns has been fine. Is he as good as last year? Probably not quite.

This season he has scored winners against Portsmouth and Derby and scored our goal yesterday against Plymouth which should have won the match. The goal yesterday was an absolute screamer by the way.

Big players turn up for the big games and Wes hasn’t let us down.

His all round play is well down on last year but agree has scored some big goals so in some ways seems harsh to say it
Burns on 18:17 - Jan 15 with 3955 viewsportmanking

Think it's a difficult one, personally. I've been told before that Burns has been "managing" an injury for the last 12 months and put off surgery last summer to put himself in contention for the Welsh World Cup squad. Difficult for the club to find a convenient time for an op until this summer methinks.
Burns on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 3926 viewsFrimleyBlue

Excellent post.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Burns on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 3872 viewsBlueBadger

Frimmers agrees with you. That is all.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Burns on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 3859 viewsjaykay

Burns on 18:06 - Jan 15 by itfcJDP

3?

i think he read there as three

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Burns on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 3609 viewsRIPbobby

He was lousy in general yesterday, but he sure cracked it in for our goal. A team can afford to carry 1 and we have done with wes a few times this season. But give him the ball in the opponents box and he is deadly.
Burns on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 3579 viewsHerbivore

He's not hit the heights of last season, although even last season he could frustrate at times, but he's a player who can produce big moments and for that reason he deserves to keep his place. If he can find an extra 10% over the coming months he'll be a massive player for us in the run in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Burns on 20:49 - Jan 15 with 3464 viewsCuffy81

Teams have wised up to the fact that if he's given space in behind to attack he's very effective

I felt he played ok yesterday.

His best has came when JD was under lapping or overlapping supporting him, not sure what has happened to him but offensively he's offered next to nothing in the last couple of months
Burns on 21:08 - Jan 15 with 3391 viewsMullet

I thought he was coming off just before he scored, I think he suffers from fans expectations and only remembering the highlights last season. However, we needed an outlet and I'd have gone with Edwards or Jackson on one of the flanks to give them something to think about.

Loved his goal it was exceptional, but there's a tendency now to think whoever is on the bench or even in the stands is going to be the answer. It used to be Jaime Peters, now it's one of 4 or 5 every week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Burns on 21:20 - Jan 15 with 3340 viewsbazza

Burns on 18:34 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

Frimmers agrees with you. That is all.

Frimley is waiting for McKenna to be sacked, to Rock out that 300
Odd down voted post , followed by a told you so..😂
Burns on 22:05 - Jan 15 with 3223 viewsUSA

Burns final ball and crossing is absolutely awful. I really like him but he was awful before and after that goal Saturday. The abysmal crossing game after game is so frustrating.

Also I’m still not convinced about Morsy being as good as everyone else suggests. We scored 4 against Rotherham without him.
Burns on 22:22 - Jan 15 with 3167 viewsPioneerBlue

Burns on 22:05 - Jan 15 by USA

Burns final ball and crossing is absolutely awful. I really like him but he was awful before and after that goal Saturday. The abysmal crossing game after game is so frustrating.

Also I’m still not convinced about Morsy being as good as everyone else suggests. We scored 4 against Rotherham without him.

Apart from the fact Morsy is an 8 rating nearly every week

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Burns on 22:34 - Jan 15 with 3107 viewsgreyhound

Burns on 22:22 - Jan 15 by PioneerBlue

Apart from the fact Morsy is an 8 rating nearly every week

This is a classic thread of replace someone that scored a six last week with a new player because we think that will solve all our problems and we access to unlimited talent and money to do so while not being under squad size constraints... Think what you like about Walton, burns, moray any team in this league would chew your hand off to have them in their team and that's just a small selection of players which I keep seeing daft crtiticims of.

Look at any player at any team, no one is a solid 8 every week. Performances fluctuate, these players are plenty good enough to get us out of the league as is the cover we have.
Burns on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 3066 viewsTalkingBlues

Burns hasn’t been at his peak since the Wales call up. I said at the time that maybe someone had got in his ear about slowing down so as not to burn himself out, but having seen Portmankings post further down about carrying an injury, that would fit with what we are seeing. However, he is still a cracking player and I would start him every week without fail, there is nobody in our squad that plays that position better, or offers what he does, electric pace and great finishing. There’s probably not many/any better in the league at what he gives us.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Burns on 22:55 - Jan 15 with 3014 viewsExiled2Surrey

Really don’t agree on Morsy - thought that while the first half was not great, second half he was much better than Matete for instance
Burns on 02:26 - Jan 16 with 2905 viewsIllinoisblue

Look at his career and where he’s played. It’s almost entirely L1. This is his level. If he was putting in great crosses every game and easily going by his defender he’d be playing in the Championship. Last season he was above average, this season is probably more normal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Burns on 08:47 - Jan 16 with 2605 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns on 21:20 - Jan 15 by bazza

Frimley is waiting for McKenna to be sacked, to Rock out that 300
Odd down voted post , followed by a told you so..😂

Actually I'm hoping for Mckenna to get us promoted.

You may find it hard to move on from a post made over a year ago but some of us have the capability of moving on which I pretty much did a month or two after and said as much.

What I am waiting for however is to see some learning from a young manager in his first full season. He's trying. He's basically admitted he's tried different ways of trying to see a game out. It failed again but hes trying.

Waka waka eh eh

Burns on 08:59 - Jan 16 with 2541 viewsDarkHorse

Burns on 20:49 - Jan 15 by Cuffy81

Teams have wised up to the fact that if he's given space in behind to attack he's very effective

I felt he played ok yesterday.

His best has came when JD was under lapping or overlapping supporting him, not sure what has happened to him but offensively he's offered next to nothing in the last couple of months

Agreed, we've looked far less dangerous down the right since JD has stayed back more, and Burns has less space to attack.
Burns on 09:11 - Jan 16 with 2490 viewsFrimleyBlue

Burns on 08:59 - Jan 16 by DarkHorse

Agreed, we've looked far less dangerous down the right since JD has stayed back more, and Burns has less space to attack.

Is it any wonder tho. Donacien keeps being pushed in despite being in and out with injury. Surely a rest works to be a bad idea considering we do have other options available. Maybe then we might get last seasons donacien back too.

Waka waka eh eh

Burns on 09:25 - Jan 16 with 2448 viewsblueislander

Burns on 22:05 - Jan 15 by USA

“Absolutely awful” Really. He regularly puts the ball in where there should be someone anticipating it. You would rarely have the time to just pick someone out. He also made a goal saving block in the first half.
Burns on 09:32 - Jan 16 with 2425 viewsRobTheMonk

His game has always been a bit knock and run utilising his pace. Teams now just sit back rather than going tight.

I think he's a very useful player at this level but perhaps is in need of a bit of a rest.
Burns on 09:39 - Jan 16 with 2399 viewsthebooks

Not at all. We're a lot stronger on the left this season, so naturally enough a lot more of our play now goes down there. I guess the Burns/Donacien combination is also understood by the opposition now.

Burns still scores and creates a lot. Morsy looks as complete and useful as last season to me: no-one better at keeping the ball and doing something useful with it from a tight spot. Plymouth outnumbered and pressed us very well on Sat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024