Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success 17:50 - Feb 4 with 4110 viewsN2_Blue

If TWTD is a general reflection of our overall support, we deserve nothing this season.
I hope the team doesn’t give up as quick as you lot. It’s pathetic, try getting behind this squad and manager.
Yes things aren’t going as well as we want last 2 months but any position is still up for grabs and I’m sure McKenna et al are doing all they can to get out this dip.

I’m still optimistic but if things don’t happen as we want and we finish in the playoffs then we have to go at them. And before someone says we won’t finish in the playoffs, yes it a possibility but if you genuinely believe that considering what you have seen from town over the whole course of this season, Mckennas short stewardship and this squad then maybe find something else to do on Saturday afternoons.

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 0:26]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 3641 viewsDJR

I second that.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:52 - Feb 4 with 3615 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree, but it's less than an hour since full time.

Let people vent. People will be calmer tomorrow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:53 - Feb 4 with 3598 viewsCheltenham_Blue

BS.

Given all we've been through in the last ten years, we all deserve to see some success.

It's the manner of the performance. If it had been a Cook or a Lambert team, everyone would be reacting the exact same.

This is our best chance in years, and we've been slowly and steadily throwing it away for the last three months.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:57 - Feb 4 with 3510 viewsFrimleyBlue

", yes it a possibility but if you genuinely believe that considering what you have seen from town over the whole course of this season"

What we've seen is a continued struggle to win games since October.

So no its not a given yet that we will even finish in play offs.

11points to 7th. Who have 2 games in hand. And we struggle to win more than 1 game at a time..

It's not a given yet that we are safe in the top 6

Which is crazy considering where we were.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:57 - Feb 4 with 3508 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Such BS, why the hell do some people think this is unique to Ipswich fans? Beyond ridiculous moral posturing. Football is a sport all about emotions and right now fans are emotional. Om a few hours those emotional fans will calm down and start being overly rational then positive before being let down again on Saturday. That's how it works, that's football and if you don't get that, maybe it's you that needs to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:59 - Feb 4 with 3479 viewsJDB23

Same thing happens at every big club with expectations who underperform. Wednesday fans to a man were slating and calling for Moore to be sacked earlier in the season. If they can’t handle that then they should probably go back to the likes of Fleetwood.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:00 - Feb 4 with 3460 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Today was a real low point. The slide we have been on now means that if Derby win their game in hand, we drop to fourth. Only the most pessimistic of Town fans would have predicted that just a couple of months ago.

I don't really have any scathing attack to make on McKenna and the players, I think we have the right man with the right backing and pretty much the right squad. I'm just fed up. We've only got ourselves to blame for letting it get to this point.

Nothing is decided, plenty of time for everything to completely swing around again, plenty more excellent support from the majority of the fanbase to come too. Painfully, what will be will be.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:04 - Feb 4 with 3396 viewsjasondozzell

Well said. Excellent post.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:26 - Feb 4 with 3252 viewsBloomBlue

I find the annoying thing is the entitlement many Town fans suffer with. Before and after the game I heard fans talking about how this match 'is a given', 'we're a bigger club should be a win for us', 'we've spent millions easy 3 points'.
Fans need to realise football is a game of 11 v 11 just because you have loads of away fans and spent millions it doesn't entitle you to win

Having lived in London for years I often hear other football fans say Spurs and Town fans are the most entitled of all fans ie 'we won something 50 years ago we're entitled to be winning now'. Given what I heard today from some Town fans I'm starting to agree with them
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:29 - Feb 4 with 3233 viewsibbleobble

People who watched the game are entitled to their opinions about performances and the sequence of events leading up to it. Those who never watched can’t really comment.

For me, I thought today’s performance was Paul Cook-esq. Defensive lapses, poor decision making and talent shoe horns to accommodate a bloated squad with limited change to our approach. I feared when we signed Hirst and Broadhead that we’d be beholden to the same system to give them games and so it’s become. It’s a system that’s worked but when we need another, a change of personnel is now the answer, nothing more, nothing less.

Keogh as a last man for teams who play on the counter is bewildering. Harness in central midfield with a suspect touch and Gwion-esq ability to tackle was bizarre with Humphrey’s on the bench. Trying to give Chaplin, Broadhead, Ladapo and Hirst the game time they need already looks a little hit and miss. The introduction of Edwards was a bright moment and Donacien was as solid as ever. Burns was awful today. From start to finish he looked devoid of inspiration.

Very poor all round today. Objective criticism is a thing and poor performances merit it.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 18:31 - Feb 4 with 3200 viewsnoggin

Football fans in, moaning about poor form, shocker.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 20:06 - Feb 4 with 3062 viewsmonkeymagic

I really don’t think this is warranted. We practically always sell out our away allocation and have enviable home support. Vocal backing is generally quite strong and after a performance like today, it is hardly surprising that some fans are frustrated. I’m not personally one to boo, I find that embarrassing for anyone over about 15 to do that but I can somewhat understand it. As a so called big club in this league, opponents will up their game against us, but with our squad we definitely should be doing better. We are effectively a Championship side playing in league one, arguably that’s not the best way to secure promotion and perhaps it is wiser to have an uglier style suited to getting out of this sh*t division and rely on a strong pre season to (re) implement our current style if we are promoted.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 20:39 - Feb 4 with 2946 viewsChurchman

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 17:53 - Feb 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

BS.

Given all we've been through in the last ten years, we all deserve to see some success.

It's the manner of the performance. If it had been a Cook or a Lambert team, everyone would be reacting the exact same.

This is our best chance in years, and we've been slowly and steadily throwing it away for the last three months.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:58]

Yes, we do deserve a bit of success after so long. Our support has been outstanding. The support by our owners has been outstanding.

Yet Cambridge away was too bigger mountain to climb and yes, we’ve been slowly and steadily throwing it away over the past three months. Our best chance in years. All but gone. We’ve grown weaker while our competitors have grown stronger.

People have every right to be unhappy about it. It shouldn’t have happened.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:02 - Feb 4 with 2826 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 20:39 - Feb 4 by Churchman

Yes, we do deserve a bit of success after so long. Our support has been outstanding. The support by our owners has been outstanding.

Yet Cambridge away was too bigger mountain to climb and yes, we’ve been slowly and steadily throwing it away over the past three months. Our best chance in years. All but gone. We’ve grown weaker while our competitors have grown stronger.

It does happen though. We aren’t the first team to go on a bad run and won’t be the last. We’ve even been here ourselves a few times in recent seasons. It’s all about what we do from now that’ll make a difference, team and fans alike (and we’re still miles better off than at the same point last year, so going in the right direction no matter how frustrating lately).

All we can do is support and see where it takes us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:07 - Feb 4 with 2797 viewsWeirdFishes

What is this success you speak of?

I like McKenna, but our results since the end of October have been nothing short of unacceptable, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for fans to be p*ssed off especially after performances like we were served up today.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:17 - Feb 4 with 2676 viewsHARRY10

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 20:39 - Feb 4 by Churchman

Support .................Marcus Evans ?

Much of the off field money being spent is to make good years of neglect - and to a certain degree what is being spent on the playing staff amounts ro the same.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:42 - Feb 4 with 2598 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Substitute 20 years for 2 months and you have it about right… Our fans are some of the most patient and long suffering out there.

Poll: Our final position

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 2527 viewsFunge

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:42 - Feb 4 by southnorfolkblue

Substitute 20 years for 2 months and you have it about right… Our fans are some of the most patient and long suffering out there.

It's always the fans fault....

Berserk take.

22k of us watching Division 3 football, as Marcus Harness, yet again, flicks it into touch.

Stop accepting mediocrity; it's insane.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 21:56]
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:15 - Feb 4 with 2452 viewsChurchman

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 21:17 - Feb 4 by HARRY10

Support .................Marcus Evans ?

Much of the off field money being spent is to make good years of neglect - and to a certain degree what is being spent on the playing staff amounts ro the same.

Err my view on Evans has been expressed many times for many years. I meant Gamechanger support for KM.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:19 - Feb 4 with 2437 viewsBruin56

Excellent well said
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 2371 viewsITFC_Cotton

What success? You mean the thing that Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday are going to get come the end of the season because they don’t bottle it against lower league opposition.
Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:41 - Feb 4 with 2335 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'd say our support deserve success more than most. Twenty years of utter misery and decline. No promotions, until this season one cup run to speak of, some dire football, gradual death of our club under Evans and now when having spent far more money than anyone else in this division and two teams of players that most clubs at this level can only dream of, we still find a way of ballsing it up. And yet nearly 30,000 fans turning up at home most weeks, thousands on the road during a cost of living crisis and still an overwhelming majority still supportive of the manager (rightly so) when at other clubs the atmosphere would be toxic. Don't you dare say we don't deserve some success.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:42 - Feb 4 with 2330 viewsgainsboroughblue

Two months? If we fail to go up this year, we will be starting our FIFTH successive season at this level in August.

In the dozen or so seasons before our pathetic relegation in 2019, we clocked up a massive one, yes one, play-off campaigns and in that, we lost over two legs to our arch rivals.

Despite all this, we are selling out every away allocation given to us, as well as nudging 29,000 for home games. Our support is immense for this level. I'd say we are as deserving of success as anybody in the country.

I think you need to look at the forums up and down the country and see how different it is on there. You'll discover it is far from different. ITFC have some of the most tolerant, patient fans in the country and it's just as well too given the sh!te we've had to contend with.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 22:43]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 23:15 - Feb 4 with 2213 viewsRyorry

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:42 - Feb 4 by gainsboroughblue

Two months? If we fail to go up this year, we will be starting our FIFTH successive season at this level in August.

In the dozen or so seasons before our pathetic relegation in 2019, we clocked up a massive one, yes one, play-off campaigns and in that, we lost over two legs to our arch rivals.

Despite all this, we are selling out every away allocation given to us, as well as nudging 29,000 for home games. Our support is immense for this level. I'd say we are as deserving of success as anybody in the country.

I think you need to look at the forums up and down the country and see how different it is on there. You'll discover it is far from different. ITFC have some of the most tolerant, patient fans in the country and it's just as well too given the sh!te we've had to contend with.

Absolutely. When we scored today I was out of the room & couldn't hear the commentary - but the cheering & applause was so loud I assumed it must be the home crowd cheering their second!

Well done our supporters not only today, but other days too - & not forgetting how many couldn't get a ticket & were at PR for the beam-back or on iFollow.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 00:09 - Feb 5 with 1908 viewsstonojnr

Some of our support don’t deserve to see any success on 22:42 - Feb 4 by gainsboroughblue

but you cant lay the past 20 years of the clubs demise at the door of the current manager and say thats all your fault that is and we fans have been patient for those 20 years and only now we are finding our voice to complain that were only 3rd in this poxy league and demand better from you, so sort it out.

we need to be realistic, and I think too many fans arent being realistic at the moment because weve got the money and bought new players, because the attendances are high home & away and people seem to think we should be HMS p*** the league again because well its our turn right ?.

Ive even seen people say well even if we beat Sheff Wed now it wont change anything.

we're only just near enough 2/3rds of the way through the season. we are still in a good position in the league, its still within the teams capabilities to win games and go on a run and still offer a challenge to the top 2.

Rome wasnt built in a day as they say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024