Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who thinks 12:07 - Feb 17 with 4402 viewsBobsthename

Mckenna will be here next season if we fail to get promotion one way or another.
I think he might be pushed.
Who thinks on 12:21 - Feb 17 with 2934 viewscressi

Probably but will be gone if not vast improvement. Though I have no idea of the owners tolerance.
Who thinks on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 2917 viewscressi

Who thinks on 12:21 - Feb 17 by cressi

Probably but will be gone if not vast improvement. Though I have no idea of the owners tolerance.

Meant gone by Xmas if not improvement
Who thinks on 12:25 - Feb 17 with 2895 viewspeterleeblue

Who thinks on 12:21 - Feb 17 by cressi

Ashton / Owners could put this to bed or maybe to them its juts not an issue.

Quality of Football and what must be ahead of Budget Attendances and knock on retail must be good enough to keep K Mck in his job.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Ipswich have been rubbish for over 15 years. We are not Rubbish now. The Burnley games proved that.

May have to play the long game but it will be worth it in the end.

Its a stick for me.
Who thinks on 12:27 - Feb 17 with 2892 viewsitfcjoe

There are lots of different ways to not get promoted - if we fall off and finish 10th he prob won't be here, but if we pick back up and get 88 points and lose in the play offs he will be here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who thinks on 12:35 - Feb 17 with 2827 viewsHorsham

I think he might or he might not depending on the situation and mindset of the senior managers and owners at the time. Appreciate this doesn’t answer the question but it can’t be answered as no one knows.
Who thinks on 12:51 - Feb 17 with 2722 viewsStokieBlue

I hope he will still be here.

He was sold a project and that involves more than just the results (which of course need to improve). He's still learning but I feel he still has a higher potential upside than anyone else we are going to be able to get in League One.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Who thinks on 12:53 - Feb 17 with 2710 viewsbilllm

If we get to the play off final yes, semis 50/50, not top 6 no chance,
Who thinks on 13:01 - Feb 17 with 2666 viewsParky

I don’t think McKenna will be here for MK Dons, if we don’t win tomorrow.

FWIW - That’s not what I want, but can see the owners getting twitchy thinking another season is dwindling away from us.
Login to get fewer ads

Who thinks on 13:03 - Feb 17 with 2645 viewsStewart27

I hope so regardless.

I hope some of our fans won’t be though.
Who thinks on 13:19 - Feb 17 with 2548 viewsunstableblue

Depends how the rest of the season goes... if we address this run of draws.... and put in strong performances, and a run of wins, and the likes of Broadhead, Hirst, and Clarke show promise... then we're in the play-offs. And if we give a good account of ourselves there, even make a Wembley appearance I believe McKenna would and should be given time...

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who thinks on 13:20 - Feb 17 with 2538 viewsbluelagos

Me.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Who thinks on 13:23 - Feb 17 with 2513 viewsBiGDonnie

Who thinks on 13:03 - Feb 17 by Stewart27

I hope so regardless.

I hope some of our fans won’t be though.

This is the correct and only answer.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who thinks on 13:24 - Feb 17 with 2508 viewsblueasfook

Who thinks on 13:19 - Feb 17 by unstableblue

Depends how the rest of the season goes... if we address this run of draws.... and put in strong performances, and a run of wins, and the likes of Broadhead, Hirst, and Clarke show promise... then we're in the play-offs. And if we give a good account of ourselves there, even make a Wembley appearance I believe McKenna would and should be given time...

Agree, he needs to show he can arrest the slide and turn a poor run of results around if he wants to be here next season.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Who thinks on 13:33 - Feb 17 with 2450 viewsSuperblue95

If we don’t finish in the play offs he’ll surely be gone.

Making the play offs will buy him one more year but then it’s promotion or bust I’d imagine.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who thinks on 13:39 - Feb 17 with 2401 viewsBigCommon

We'll be a laughing stock if we bin off KM. No self respecting manager would want to come here, and be on borrowed time from the off. No potential manager would trust Ashton or Game changer, and believe all the spiel about "welcoming them to the Ipswich family"...
On day 1, KM walked the corridors and was inspired by pictures of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby.. Imagine if we'd binned either of them off after 18 months... Remember that on Saturday, folks.. Sir Bobby day...

I liken KM to someone like Cam Humphreys.. Both relatively inexperienced young men, finding their feet...There's a lot of good in both .. We haven't seen the best of either, yet.. I hope they are given enough time and effort, so that we do..

Personally , I think the "manager question", will be more relevent, this time next year..
Who thinks on 13:41 - Feb 17 with 2382 viewstractorboy1978

Who thinks on 13:01 - Feb 17 by Parky

I don’t think McKenna will be here for MK Dons, if we don’t win tomorrow.

FWIW - That’s not what I want, but can see the owners getting twitchy thinking another season is dwindling away from us.

They've not gone from him being a huge coup to sacking him in the space of 3 months. They've invested hugely in McKenna, he is their man and he will get plenty of time. Thankfully they will be more long sighted than a portion of this forum.
Who thinks on 13:52 - Feb 17 with 2328 viewsFtnfwest

The Americans may get twitchy but i suspect Ashton will back him up at least for now, and i hope he at least gets until Xmas if we don't go up this year. Ripping everything up and starting yet again just seems crazy to me. We're not in the barmy world of the PL lower reaches with hundreds of millions at stake, at least not yet...
Who thinks on 14:50 - Feb 17 with 2228 viewspeterleeblue

Who thinks on 13:41 - Feb 17 by tractorboy1978

They've not gone from him being a huge coup to sacking him in the space of 3 months. They've invested hugely in McKenna, he is their man and he will get plenty of time. Thankfully they will be more long sighted than a portion of this forum.

Is hopefully the correct answer.
Who thinks on 15:20 - Feb 17 with 2129 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who thinks on 13:24 - Feb 17 by blueasfook

Agree, he needs to show he can arrest the slide and turn a poor run of results around if he wants to be here next season.

In my humble opinion, of course.

If KM can turn this around then he's proven he's got that ability.

This is his first but biggest task. Only he can sort it.
If he does then he's had his first achievement and then deserves more time and he'd probably gain more trust going forwards as bad spells would then be seen as spells and you'd feel more trusting that he would turn it around again.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who thinks on 15:27 - Feb 17 with 2081 viewschicoazul

He’ll almost definitely stay unless someone comes in for him although God knows why anyone would in that scenario.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who thinks on 15:28 - Feb 17 with 2077 viewschicoazul

Who thinks on 13:19 - Feb 17 by unstableblue

A run of wins hahaha

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who thinks on 15:30 - Feb 17 with 2076 viewsSlimitfc91

Who thinks on 15:20 - Feb 17 by FrimleyBlue

If KM can turn this around then he's proven he's got that ability.

This is his first but biggest task. Only he can sort it.
If he does then he's had his first achievement and then deserves more time and he'd probably gain more trust going forwards as bad spells would then be seen as spells and you'd feel more trusting that he would turn it around again.

You will be devastated when McK gets us promoted, you’re not a fan or itfc
Who thinks on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 2057 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who thinks on 15:30 - Feb 17 by Slimitfc91

You will be devastated when McK gets us promoted, you’re not a fan or itfc

I'll be delighted. As will all town fans be.

Waka waka eh eh

Who thinks on 15:40 - Feb 17 with 2021 viewsSlimitfc91

Who thinks on 15:33 - Feb 17 by FrimleyBlue

I'll be delighted. As will all town fans be.

You are no different from the BBC and other mainstream media, you thrive on negativity
Who thinks on 15:49 - Feb 17 with 1969 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who thinks on 15:40 - Feb 17 by Slimitfc91

You are no different from the BBC and other mainstream media, you thrive on negativity

No. I'm here win lose or draw.

Unfortunately there hasn't been many wins recently and lots of discussions about what's going wrong. It's just how it is unfortunately. We'd all much rather be talking about positive things like we were upto November.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024