Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best referee we've had all season? 16:34 - Feb 25 with 4737 viewsnoggin

She's been excellent.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:35 - Feb 25 with 3556 viewsbournemouthblue

hard to disagree with that

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:37 - Feb 25 with 3507 viewsgainsboroughblue

Good to hear and hopefully she'll get more games. Mind you, being tagged best league one referee this season is a bit like being the worlds tallest dwarf.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:40 - Feb 25 with 3433 viewsTalkingBlues

Yep, has let the game flow, got decisions spot on, can't fault her in any way.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:43 - Feb 25 with 3386 viewsIllinoisblue

By far. She’s been great.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:52 - Feb 25 with 3300 viewsJ2BLUE

Very good. Hasn’t got anything wrong.

You can see why she’s had some decent opportunities for a relatively inexperienced ref.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:59 - Feb 25 with 3226 viewsSwansea_Blue

No good trying to sweet talk her Noggers, she's not going to

She's been good. I wonder if we'd be better with female officials as the players are less likely to give them grief (except from Mason Greenwood of course).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:01 - Feb 25 with 3203 viewsnoggin

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:59 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

No good trying to sweet talk her Noggers, she's not going to

She's been good. I wonder if we'd be better with female officials as the players are less likely to give them grief (except from Mason Greenwood of course).

I saw her wink at me at the end there.

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:02 - Feb 25 with 3163 viewsSwansea_Blue

oh, and just to add, what on earth was Nicky Forster on iFollow on about? When they were talking about how she'd got on he said something like:

"She's been excellent, assuming we're using the right pronoun". What's that about? Is he know for being a bell?

Login to get fewer ads

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 3136 viewsbluejacko

Was the players attitude to refs any better because she was female?
Best referee we've had all season? on 17:05 - Feb 25 with 3118 viewscressi

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:03 - Feb 25 by bluejacko

Do women ever get anything wrong fellas lol
Best referee we've had all season? on 17:05 - Feb 25 with 3107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:01 - Feb 25 by noggin

I saw her wink at me at the end there.

It's the ears and shaggy hair that does it

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:06 - Feb 25 with 3095 viewsnoggin

Who knows but the game flowed, with no shlthousing from either side.

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:08 - Feb 25 with 3033 viewsBondiBlue

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:02 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

oh, and just to add, what on earth was Nicky Forster on iFollow on about? When they were talking about how she'd got on he said something like:

"She's been excellent, assuming we're using the right pronoun". What's that about? Is he know for being a bell?

Weird. Really odd time to put that out into the world.

Edit: Forster, not you.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:09]

Poll: Which would you accept?

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:09 - Feb 25 with 3024 viewsBigCommon

Thought her bum looked big in those shorts....
She had a good game, tbf. Let a few frivolous things go for both sides.. (And refrained from booking Morsy for anything petty, when some refs have booked him for just looking at a player).
Best referee we've had all season? on 17:10 - Feb 25 with 3001 viewsRyorry

Best referee we've had all season? on 16:35 - Feb 25 by bournemouthblue

hard to disagree with that

Was Leif's yellow deserved? I missed that, but otherwise totally agree with the OP & yourself.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:14 - Feb 25 with 2952 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:08 - Feb 25 by BondiBlue

Weird. Really odd time to put that out into the world.

Edit: Forster, not you.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 17:09]

It was a bit weird. I didn't see the need or relevance, but each to their own.

I thought he spewed nonsensical babble for most of the game. A particular highlight was him talking about 'Broadbent' immediately after the main commentator had been using Broadhead's name. Bring back Westlake.

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:18 - Feb 25 with 2913 viewsSwansea_Blue

Less backchat and dissent imo. Sian Massey-Ellis always seemed to get less grief, so I've long thought the FA have missed a bit of a trick not bringing more female officials through into the game. I may be reading it wrong, but if nothing else the female officials I've seen have always been excellent, which surely is the main thing.

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:18 - Feb 25 with 2907 viewsRyorry

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:14 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

It was a bit weird. I didn't see the need or relevance, but each to their own.

I thought he spewed nonsensical babble for most of the game. A particular highlight was him talking about 'Broadbent' immediately after the main commentator had been using Broadhead's name. Bring back Westlake.

Maybe a few co-comms are being tried out for a permanent place on Town TV?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Best referee we've had all season? on 18:41 - Feb 25 with 2679 viewsJ2BLUE

Best referee we've had all season? on 17:02 - Feb 25 by Swansea_Blue

I thought he was really good. I didn't get the impression that comment was meant negatively. Being a bit sensitive I think.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best referee we've had all season? on 19:24 - Feb 25 with 2491 viewsPlums

She was excellent. A couple of things really stood out. The refusal to stop the game for a fake head injury as we broke early in the first half and her clear signals supported a couple of times (when players questioned whether the lino had made a different call) by her clearly saying 'I make the decision'.
More of this please EFL

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Best referee we've had all season? on 20:23 - Feb 25 with 2325 viewsITFC_Forever

Couple of minor ones I’d dispute, but yes, on the whole she was easily the best of the season. Far better than the usual morons we have.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best referee we've had all season? on 20:28 - Feb 25 with 2273 viewsNthQldITFC

Best referee we've had all season? on 19:24 - Feb 25 by Plums

She was excellent. A couple of things really stood out. The refusal to stop the game for a fake head injury as we broke early in the first half and her clear signals supported a couple of times (when players questioned whether the lino had made a different call) by her clearly saying 'I make the decision'.
More of this please EFL

Am I allowed a small "Oo-er!" there for your second sentence?

I thought she was really good too, hardly noticed her at all which is the sign of a good ref, is it not.

One thing I noticed was she got surrounded by players from both sides at a free kick just outside the box, but she seemed to handle it really well. Not sure if the players give extra deference, but whatever, well done.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Best referee we've had all season? on 20:37 - Feb 25 with 2208 viewsWickets

I enjoyed the way she measured out the 10 yds by taking g 12 steps ! Got it spot on too .
Best referee we've had all season? on 20:41 - Feb 25 with 2188 viewsxrayspecs

She was really good. I liked that she did not fall for the play acting or attempts to win cheap fouls, including a few from our side. She also appeared to remain calm and low key, rather than some of the attention seeking fools we have seen this season.

Not sure I agree with all her decisions, but I was possibly further away than she was.
Best referee we've had all season? on 20:48 - Feb 25 with 2113 views3_5_2

Best referee we've had all season? on 20:37 - Feb 25 by Wickets

I enjoyed the way she measured out the 10 yds by taking g 12 steps ! Got it spot on too .

I saw that !

Do you think she had measured 10 yards out at home then worked out it was 12 of her steps?

Easily the best ref this season.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024