Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands 23:15 - Apr 18 with 6378 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Going into Exeter and Fleetwood. We’d have all took that at the start of the season.

Draw
Draw
Win
Win

And we would be up.

Still a long way to go but an impossible run that was required 11 games ago is now very much doable.

BELIEVE!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 23:15]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:58 - Apr 19 with 1040 viewsRyorry

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 23:20 - Apr 18 by Gaztactor

I did say we won't catch Plymouth and it's obvious now I was right.. some people saying I'm a closet Argyle fan etc. Rubbish! Their run in now sets them up as Champions but we can oust out Wednesday....

You’re right, you’re not a *closet* argyle fan - you’re out of it and on here

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:01 - Apr 19 with 1034 viewsGaztactor

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:58 - Apr 19 by FrimleyBlue

That whittaker just can't stop scoring for them can he.

Well he's not scored lately but his assists are one of the reasons they are where they are ...top
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:03 - Apr 19 with 1032 viewsGaztactor

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:58 - Apr 19 by FrimleyBlue

That whittaker just can't stop scoring for them can he.

Not for a while but his assists are just as crucial
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:11 - Apr 19 with 1017 viewspointofblue

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:03 - Apr 19 by Gaztactor

Not for a while but his assists are just as crucial

Out of interest, when did Whittaker last provide an assist for Plymouth?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:11 - Apr 19 with 1018 viewsGaztactor

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:53 - Apr 19 by Vegtablue

You're embarrassing yourself Gaz!

Yikes ...no way!!?? Well I do think my team Plymouth Argyle will win the league and it's been fun...the thing is we know you guys interfered with Whittaker. That was bad because you are such a bigger club than us you didn't need to resort to underhandedness...also our reaction to losing our best striker is...we still have quality in abundance , strong minds, good players ....and we are sincerely sorry. It's our title regardless of your excellence !

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:14 - Apr 19 with 1015 viewsKropotkin123

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:11 - Apr 19 by Gaztactor

Yikes ...no way!!?? Well I do think my team Plymouth Argyle will win the league and it's been fun...the thing is we know you guys interfered with Whittaker. That was bad because you are such a bigger club than us you didn't need to resort to underhandedness...also our reaction to losing our best striker is...we still have quality in abundance , strong minds, good players ....and we are sincerely sorry. It's our title regardless of your excellence !

Now they have admitted to being a trolling Plymouth fan, can we tin them off?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:14 - Apr 19 with 1013 viewsGaztactor

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:53 - Apr 19 by Vegtablue

You're embarrassing yourself Gaz!

Yeah..I'm off back to Jannerville
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:38 - Apr 19 with 989 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:00 - Apr 19 by Gaztactor

If we look at the league table and final games to play we have to hand it to Plymouth ..they have already been to P'Boro and Barnsley and got 0 pts and an aggregate of 2-7 goals! But they are where they are ...despite those setbacks and now have (on paper) 3 x easy home games...so we just got to make sure we end up higher than Weds... definitely their win at Bristol was not what we wanted but in our hands if we can get not 2 pts, too low in my opinion, at least 4 pts ....

Your last sentence makes no sense.

2 points is not too low for it to be in our hands. It’s literally the minimum. That’s why I said it.

Login to get fewer ads

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:42 - Apr 19 with 986 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 01:11 - Apr 19 by Gaztactor

You sad c**t

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 02:05 - Apr 19 with 981 viewsVegtablue

Online sections of our fanbase, me included, were vocal that we wanted the club to try to sign Whittaker in January. He would have provided what we were missing - ultimately Broadhead has done this in spades instead! I've seen no evidence the club persuaded Swansea to recall him. Even in the event we showed an interest, the decision was obviously Swansea's alone to make. It would have been very charitable of them to let you keep hold of an asset who had already accomplished what Swansea would have wanted from the loan spell.

As for your season, it's gone incredibly well hasn't it? What's most impressive to me is that the XG number crunchers believe you should have 22 points less than you do. To have accumulated so many points and won so many matches, when the margins in many of those games have been so fine, when the opposition has so often threatened in the game just as much as yourselves, is testament to the mental strength your side must have.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 02:18 - Apr 19 with 967 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 23:20 - Apr 18 by Gaztactor

I did say we won't catch Plymouth and it's obvious now I was right.. some people saying I'm a closet Argyle fan etc. Rubbish! Their run in now sets them up as Champions but we can oust out Wednesday....

They’re going to slip up again actually, I’m confident of it. They’ve played fairly poorly and won two on the road, fair enough, they’ve found a way but they aren’t blowing teams away at all. I still see another Lincoln at home type result before the end of the season for them. Just a feeling I have.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 02:59 - Apr 19 with 951 viewsArchiRob

ONE GAME AT A TIME!
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 03:01 - Apr 19 with 950 viewsIllinoisblue

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 00:29 - Apr 19 by Gaztactor

I'll let my emotions out now !!.
What I cannot for the life of me understand is given our supreme form of the last 3 months, how we aren't out of sight and yet still seem interminably involved in this 3 horse race ...Barmy !! And who the fxxk is Argyle to still hold the aces??

Incredible how every post you’ve ever made mentions Plymouth.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 06:41 - Apr 19 with 897 viewsWestSussexBlue

You’d be happy going to Fleetwood Needing to win? That’s a lot of pressure to handle.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 07:44 - Apr 19 with 827 viewsDefender110

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 23:16 - Apr 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Better Idea would be

Win
Win
Win
Who Cares?

And with those predictions, we get to celebrate promo at home!
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 788 viewsOsborneOneNil

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 06:41 - Apr 19 by WestSussexBlue

You’d be happy going to Fleetwood Needing to win? That’s a lot of pressure to handle.

I want it done after the Exeter game. Couldn’t handle the nerves going to Fleetwood needing a win.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:25 - Apr 19 with 775 viewsbraveblue

And that’s only if SW win all three games which are not easy. 6 points may do it.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:29 - Apr 19 with 767 viewsArchiRob

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 02:05 - Apr 19 by Vegtablue

Online sections of our fanbase, me included, were vocal that we wanted the club to try to sign Whittaker in January. He would have provided what we were missing - ultimately Broadhead has done this in spades instead! I've seen no evidence the club persuaded Swansea to recall him. Even in the event we showed an interest, the decision was obviously Swansea's alone to make. It would have been very charitable of them to let you keep hold of an asset who had already accomplished what Swansea would have wanted from the loan spell.

As for your season, it's gone incredibly well hasn't it? What's most impressive to me is that the XG number crunchers believe you should have 22 points less than you do. To have accumulated so many points and won so many matches, when the margins in many of those games have been so fine, when the opposition has so often threatened in the game just as much as yourselves, is testament to the mental strength your side must have.

Don't forget their unerring ability to score deflected goals
Just imagine how many goals they would have accrued by shooting directly at the target.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:40 - Apr 19 with 748 viewsBiGDonnie

You was right?

There's four games left and we're a point behind them numbnuts.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:49 - Apr 19 with 732 viewsBiGDonnie

This has to be one of the most tragic threads I've read on TWTD.

What an utter moron.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:50 - Apr 19 with 728 viewsArchiRob

If you are an example of a strong mind
God Help
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:50 - Apr 19 with 728 viewsOldFart71

We are all managers and pundits. To predict what will happen over the next four games is almost impossible. Posh will be up for it, Barnsley are a tough nut to crack with Norwood wanting to put one over on us. The only plus with both games is that I can't see either getting eleven men behind the ball, which is in our favour. Last night I went for Wednesday to win, Town to win, Barnsley to lose and a Plymouth draw. I shall go for us to win at Posh, draw with Barnsley and win the other two. Fingers crossed.
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 08:52 - Apr 19 with 724 viewsGeoffSentence

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 23:18 - Apr 18 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Given playing styles Fleetwood away gives me more anxiety than Peterborough and Barnsley!

Fleetwood had the better of it at FPR, inspired by Toto Nsiala who looked like he had something to prove. I don't really fancy that as a last game if we need something out of it to get promotion.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 705 viewsWinchBlue

Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 23:45 - Apr 18 by BloomBlue

P'boro really need to win, sitting deep playing for a point isn't going to help them, that should help us.

Plus they're at home, more pressure on them

Posh will be happy with a point on Saturday. They'd love a win but they know that they're up against a team that haven't lost since January and will be more worried about losing than winning.
I'll take a draw as well!
Pick up 2 points from Peterborough and Barnsley and it’s in our hands on 09:20 - Apr 19 with 691 viewsringwoodblue

I honestly wouldn’t want to have to go to Fleetwood on the final day needing a win. That would be a nightmare. If we needed a draw, that’s a bit better particularly if Derby still need to secure a playoff place by that stage and therefore could take points off Wendies. How nice would it be if Didzy scored the goal that drew or won that game.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024