Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. 15:43 - Aug 13 with 3955 viewsArnieM

Did anyone else feel it actually disrupted the natural repertoire of songs the SBR would have sung? I did, and not everyone was singing along with the piped EJB song anyway, so it felt like we all just stood there ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 15:52 - Aug 13 with 3415 viewspointofblue

It did seem odd to me. If they were going to play an Ipswich based song I think Singing the Blues would have made more sense.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:24 - Aug 13 with 3319 viewsFtnfwest

Should be ‘story of the blues’ after a win
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:43 - Aug 13 with 3253 viewsScuzzer

Didn't we have this discussion yesterday?
Answer. Not really.

Established 1968

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 3230 viewsSitfcB

Post match buzzkill? by kpblues 12 Aug 2023 20:18
Great match and great result.

Terrific atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Great win and then they play that god awful song Ebenezer Brown ......

Totally kills the atmosphere.

Or am I alone in this?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:49 - Aug 13 with 3212 viewsSeablue

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:46 - Aug 13 by SitfcB

Post match buzzkill? by kpblues 12 Aug 2023 20:18
Great match and great result.

Terrific atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Great win and then they play that god awful song Ebenezer Brown ......

Totally kills the atmosphere.

Or am I alone in this?

The song was sung spontaneously several times last season. I always like it myself. At least unique!
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:12 - Aug 13 with 2909 viewsMeadowlark

I liked it. They're always going to play something awful, and at least that's our something awful!

Much better than the terrible Sweet Caroline.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 8:52]
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:15 - Aug 13 with 2900 viewsStewart27

I actually thought the reading of the scores was really strange as it disrupted the atmosphere of the post match celebration lap.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:17 - Aug 13 with 2887 viewstextbackup

I love it. I’d personally play it pre match, just as kick off happens. Cut the music and let fans belt it out.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:37 - Aug 14 with 2445 viewsCityBlue

I loved the song in the seventies (and the b side - Ipswich football calypso) but do not think it lends itself well to being chanted.
As corny as it is you will be had pushed to find a better endgame song than sweet Caroline. Absolutely no connection with the club or football but certainly has the feelgood factor.

I T I D

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:41 - Aug 14 with 2432 viewsredrickstuhaart

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:37 - Aug 14 by CityBlue

I loved the song in the seventies (and the b side - Ipswich football calypso) but do not think it lends itself well to being chanted.
As corny as it is you will be had pushed to find a better endgame song than sweet Caroline. Absolutely no connection with the club or football but certainly has the feelgood factor.

Of course tis a singalong song. People just need to learn it.

Sweet caroline is obnoxious and massively overexposed. Many of us would run from the stadium when subjected to that for the umpteenth time.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:53 - Aug 14 with 2381 viewsMeadowlark

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:12 - Aug 13 by Meadowlark

I liked it. They're always going to play something awful, and at least that's our something awful!

And did they play Queen next?
That's what forced me to leave....🤣
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:55 - Aug 14 with 2372 viewsVaughan8

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:12 - Aug 13 by Meadowlark

Agreed. Sweet Caroline was odd(nothing to do with ipswich, just England (for.some reason) and awful.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:07 - Aug 14 with 2342 viewsDJR

I agree with the OP. A lot of people around me in upper SBR left when it came on, and I would have much preferred an SBR rendition of something like "We've got super Kieran McKenna", as a continuation of the post-match celebrations from last season which weren't interrupted by music.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:24 - Aug 14 with 2279 viewsBlueBlood90

Each to their own and I agree that it's nice to have something unique but I can't stand that song.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 2224 viewsCityBlue

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:41 - Aug 14 by redrickstuhaart

Of course tis a singalong song. People just need to learn it.

Sweet caroline is obnoxious and massively overexposed. Many of us would run from the stadium when subjected to that for the umpteenth time.

i would say you would be in the minority and it is this blinkered football snobbery approach that leads to so much discontent.... just saying

I T I D

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 2221 viewsSitfcB

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:07 - Aug 14 by DJR

I agree with the OP. A lot of people around me in upper SBR left when it came on, and I would have much preferred an SBR rendition of something like "We've got super Kieran McKenna", as a continuation of the post-match celebrations from last season which weren't interrupted by music.

I don’t think people leave because a song comes on, I think they leave because they’re leaving anyway

COYB

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:50 - Aug 14 with 2203 viewsSharkey

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 08:55 - Aug 14 by Vaughan8

Agreed. Sweet Caroline was odd(nothing to do with ipswich, just England (for.some reason) and awful.

I think it was Northern Ireland who started singing it around the time of the 2016 Euros. They needed to find something singable, bland and entirely free of any sectarian connotation.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 10:15 - Aug 14 with 2143 viewsDJR

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:46 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

I don’t think people leave because a song comes on, I think they leave because they’re leaving anyway

I sensed a reaction from some who I felt were hoping it would be cut, and certainly there were far fewer people around me than last season by the time the players got to near to SBR.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 10:16]
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 10:16 - Aug 14 with 2135 viewsyorkshireblue

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 09:50 - Aug 14 by Sharkey

I think it was Northern Ireland who started singing it around the time of the 2016 Euros. They needed to find something singable, bland and entirely free of any sectarian connotation.

It was played at all Carl Frampton's fights for that reason, and that spilled into their football fans.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 2007 viewsCheltenham_Blue

On the subject of club songs.

Why do Stoke sing 'Delilah' and not change any of the lyrics. Never worked that one out.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 11:22 - Aug 14 with 1984 viewsPavlovsCat

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 19:15 - Aug 13 by Stewart27

I actually thought the reading of the scores was really strange as it disrupted the atmosphere of the post match celebration lap.

Have to agree. After a display like that most fans want nothing more than to show their appreciation, and it certainly killed off some of that atmosphere. As too did the playing of EEJB which followed, imo.

But each to their own, I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 11:37 - Aug 14 with 1935 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Or hey jude... back in the 00's it was singing the blues, but tbh I really don't care what song gets played as long as we win.
The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 11:45 - Aug 14 with 1913 viewsSE1blue

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 11:04 - Aug 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

On the subject of club songs.

Why do Stoke sing 'Delilah' and not change any of the lyrics. Never worked that one out.

All dates back to the 80s apparently when their fans in a pub were asked by police not to sing a song with swear words in it. They sang Delilah and continued it to the ground.

There was also a band who did a cover in gig at Stokes ground late 70s and it may have stuck then.

It’s easy to sing when drunk seems to be the reason it’s stuck.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 20:59 - Aug 14 with 1675 viewsSitfcB

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 10:15 - Aug 14 by DJR

I sensed a reaction from some who I felt were hoping it would be cut, and certainly there were far fewer people around me than last season by the time the players got to near to SBR.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 10:16]

The players seemed to take longer to get to the SBRS, they all waited and huddled together in the middle before walking round as one.

On EEJB, loads of people have been wanting it to be played at FT after a win for ages instead of some random pop song, my 5 year old loves it and we sing it together

COYB

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 21:14 - Aug 14 with 1646 viewsblueprint

The Club playing EJB song at the End of game ….. on 16:24 - Aug 13 by Ftnfwest

Should be ‘story of the blues’ after a win

Most definitely this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024