Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the most Brexit meal possible? 12:50 - Aug 17 with 5642 viewsGiraffeBlue

Been having a think about proper English food and drink, none of this foreign muck.

Can’t go wrong with a bit of boiled beef stew, the less flavour the better, and a big mug of Bovril. Ox tongue also has to be up there in the top five most Brexit foods you can buy, along with Pukka pies and mushy peas. Black pudding also screams ‘take back control of our borders’.

Who needs ‘pasta’ and any of this continental rubbish when you can have proper British meals?
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:13 - Aug 17 with 747 viewsnoggin

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:05 - Aug 17 by MattinLondon

I’m pretty open minded about what Harry said simply because I’ve seen some Brits with tins of bake beans in their luggage on the way to Greece - I did hear one couple say that they didn’t like the food out there only the warmer climate.

Only seen it a couple of times though.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:15 - Aug 17 with 733 viewsLeaky

Liver , onions & mash superb
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:18 - Aug 17 with 717 viewsLeaky

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 13:47 - Aug 17 by blueasfook

What a ridiculous post and quite typical of sneery remainers who like to look down on people who voted for Brexit as folk stuck in the 1950s or something. The top 20 family meals in the UK are thus:

1. Roast dinner
2. Fish and chips
3. Pizza
4. Spaghetti Bolognese
5. Steak and chips
6. Lasagne
7. Chicken curry
8. Sausage and mash
9. Shepherd’s pie
10. Chili con carne
11. Cottage pie
12. Fajitas
13. Pasta bake
14. Stir fry
15. Burgers / veggie burgers
16. Steak pie
17. Stew
18. Casserole
19. Jacket potato
20. Macaroni cheese

As you can see more than a smattering of "foreign muck" in there. More entertaining would be a list of Remainer dinners I think.

How about some sour grapes, served with the chip from your shoulder, washed down with a glass of salty tears.

Nice post. Pre brexit it would what ever the gravy train served provided the Europrats got it free
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:24 - Aug 17 with 699 viewsMullet

Anything from a restaurant where you run out on the bill and let the owner pay instead. Especially if you then tell the owner it's someone else's fault.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:30 - Aug 17 with 655 viewsbazza

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 18:50 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Good God man. You believe this? Several British families going out for meals clutching bottles of brown and red sauce? It's urban myth stuff. If it was in Playa de las Americas, not Los Americanos Harold, then every other restaurant on the strip would have had enough bottles of HP to serve every Brit on the rock.

If they were clutching anything, it would have been fake Gucci bags and Rolex watches bought off the Lookie Lookie Man.

Harold is being a Billy Liar in order to score some sort of point.

I went there once..and the lookie lookie men were selling brown and red sauce to the brits..
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:38 - Aug 17 with 636 viewsChurchman

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:05 - Aug 17 by MattinLondon

I’m pretty open minded about what Harry said simply because I’ve seen some Brits with tins of bake beans in their luggage on the way to Greece - I did hear one couple say that they didn’t like the food out there only the warmer climate.

Only seen it a couple of times though.

My mate works for a German company. He has to take loads of tins of baked beans and jars of marmite with him. His German chums love it and can’t get it there.

There’s nothing wrong with cottage or shepherds pie either. Made well it’s savoury gorgeousness and just the thing for a winters day. Trouble is my mum made it with tinned mince, no seasoning lumpy mash on top. It wasn’t the best, but that’s how it was in the days when a Vesta beef curry was the height of exotic. Loved them! Bet they’d taste cr@p now.

The quintessential English meal is:
Yorkshire pudding with onion gravy out of a big tray. Much as I love aunt Bessie, her stuff isn’t the same as the real home made gear
After the YP, a haunch of topside roast beef. Not cremated like it mostly was back in the day, but pink in the middle, caramelised on the outside. Usual veg including home made roasties and proper gravy. Aunt Bessie’s best efforts here don’t make the grade.
For dessert, proper apple pie or crumble with custard or cream.

Food of the gods. Anyone who doesn’t fancy that needs to give their head a wobble.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2023 19:46]
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:42 - Aug 17 with 623 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:30 - Aug 17 by bazza

I went there once..and the lookie lookie men were selling brown and red sauce to the brits..

Asda Price?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:44 - Aug 17 with 614 viewsHARRY10

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 18:50 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Good God man. You believe this? Several British families going out for meals clutching bottles of brown and red sauce? It's urban myth stuff. If it was in Playa de las Americas, not Los Americanos Harold, then every other restaurant on the strip would have had enough bottles of HP to serve every Brit on the rock.

If they were clutching anything, it would have been fake Gucci bags and Rolex watches bought off the Lookie Lookie Man.

Harold is being a Billy Liar in order to score some sort of point.

DSo can call me a liar based on you not lnowing what I dsaw. This was over 30 years agao. A family even sat down near us.

If anyone took you seriously GB then they might suggest you are on very dodgy grounds calling someone a liar. As you have no idea what I saw, instead adding something that anyone who was there at that time would know did not happen. There were people selling fake handbags, watches etc on the street/beachover 30 years ago.

I would ask that you take this slur back, or even ask Phil to remove your posts on this matter. But I think they serve a better purpose. As they expose how your sort will make false claims with no evidence.

Wiser souls might have suggested that having (supposedly) lived in Tenerife (date?), it was not something they saw.

But no. A quite snide and (elsewhere) libellous smear instead. You would do well to take heed of what happened to one of your own (Kate Hopkins) when she made similar false accusations.
Login to get fewer ads

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:46 - Aug 17 with 621 viewsnodge_blue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 13:16 - Aug 17 by Lesta_Tractor

Fish and chips

Thats just weird

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:54 - Aug 17 with 608 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:44 - Aug 17 by HARRY10

DSo can call me a liar based on you not lnowing what I dsaw. This was over 30 years agao. A family even sat down near us.

If anyone took you seriously GB then they might suggest you are on very dodgy grounds calling someone a liar. As you have no idea what I saw, instead adding something that anyone who was there at that time would know did not happen. There were people selling fake handbags, watches etc on the street/beachover 30 years ago.

I would ask that you take this slur back, or even ask Phil to remove your posts on this matter. But I think they serve a better purpose. As they expose how your sort will make false claims with no evidence.

Wiser souls might have suggested that having (supposedly) lived in Tenerife (date?), it was not something they saw.

But no. A quite snide and (elsewhere) libellous smear instead. You would do well to take heed of what happened to one of your own (Kate Hopkins) when she made similar false accusations.

Arf!

Can you write that again in English please Harold?

Iron Lion Zion

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:54 - Aug 17 with 610 viewsbazza

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:42 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

Asda Price?

Yes Del Boy 😂
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:55 - Aug 17 with 607 viewsLeaky

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 17:44 - Aug 17 by HARRY10

My abiding memory of as trip to Tenerife was seeing British families going out to eat in the evening, clutching bottles or red/brown sauce.

And an hilarious memory was watching dimwitted Brexiters having the consequences of their action explained to them, while sat outside a cafe in Spain.

"how can we be foreigners, we are British" bleated one of these simpletons as it was explained to him that once the UK left (the EU) he had no more rights than someone from Morocco or Mexico.

It appeared this idiot thought that 'controlling our borders' only applied to the UK.

When was this Harrold 1965
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:56 - Aug 17 with 594 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:55 - Aug 17 by Leaky

His memory isn't what it once was. He can't remember whether it was brown or red sauce.

More likely, Harold has been on the sauce.

Iron Lion Zion

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:59 - Aug 17 with 574 viewsHARRY10

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:55 - Aug 17 by Leaky

A clue might be my words "June 1991"
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:01 - Aug 17 with 566 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:59 - Aug 17 by HARRY10

A clue might be my words "June 1991"

But was it Playa de las Américas or Los Americos? And what day in June? Was it red or brown sauce? Heinz or HP? Can you be more specific?

Iron Lion Zion

Literally, the loony left. (n/t) on 20:01 - Aug 17 with 568 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:03 - Aug 17 with 565 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:56 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

His memory isn't what it once was. He can't remember whether it was brown or red sauce.

For a supposed ‘lefty’ Harry spends a puzzling amount of time disparaging, and sneering at the working class.
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:04 - Aug 17 with 557 viewsDaninthecampo

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 18:44 - Aug 17 by ArnoldMoorhen

The most Brexit meal possible is one that at a restaurant that half the people in your group want to go to, but can't say why, other than they saw it advertised on the side of a bus, whereas the other half have heard terrible things about it and really don't want to go there, but somehow get outvoted.

The people in your group who made the booking insist on ordering for everyone. They think they are pretty certain about what you will be getting. You are made to wait longer than you thought possible, then get something utterly disappointing that in no way resembles what you thought had been ordered. And it was cooked by an untrained chef, because we have had quite enough of experts.

And when the bill arrives, it costs way more than they had promised at the start.

If it's possible for a meal to jeopardise the Northern Ireland Peace Process, chuck that in there, too.

One of the best posts I've ever read on here!
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:05 - Aug 17 with 554 viewsGlasgowBlue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:03 - Aug 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

For a supposed ‘lefty’ Harry spends a puzzling amount of time disparaging, and sneering at the working class.

The working class have always been a disappointment to the loony left.

Iron Lion Zion

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:09 - Aug 17 with 541 viewsnodge_blue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 17:44 - Aug 17 by HARRY10

My abiding memory of as trip to Tenerife was seeing British families going out to eat in the evening, clutching bottles or red/brown sauce.

And an hilarious memory was watching dimwitted Brexiters having the consequences of their action explained to them, while sat outside a cafe in Spain.

"how can we be foreigners, we are British" bleated one of these simpletons as it was explained to him that once the UK left (the EU) he had no more rights than someone from Morocco or Mexico.

It appeared this idiot thought that 'controlling our borders' only applied to the UK.

Unless you asked them how they voted, i cant accept that as evidence!

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 537 viewsMattinLondon

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:56 - Aug 17 by GlasgowBlue

At times, you can be quite vile.
What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 513 viewsLesta_Tractor

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 19:46 - Aug 17 by nodge_blue

Thats just weird

Greasy, claggy rubbish.

I love seafood and this is the worst possible way of serving it.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:39 - Aug 17 with 481 viewsnodge_blue

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:25 - Aug 17 by Lesta_Tractor

Greasy, claggy rubbish.

I love seafood and this is the worst possible way of serving it.

Sometimes you are correct. Depends who and how they are cooked!

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:51 - Aug 17 with 451 viewsLesta_Tractor

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:39 - Aug 17 by nodge_blue

Sometimes you are correct. Depends who and how they are cooked!

Mates often tell me that I obviously haven't been to a good chippy but how many do you have to try?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

What is the most Brexit meal possible? on 20:55 - Aug 17 with 439 viewsleitrimblue

You two Labour voting Starmer supporters need to kiss and make up. Yer on the same side now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024