Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greg Leigh on the move? 20:33 - Aug 20 with 11515 viewsLukePenningVGP

Seems a lot of interest and speculation from the Oxford United fan community on (X)

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 6354 viewsNthQldITFC

I hope not, he's excellent cover for LB and LCB at a push. Very reliable.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 6345 viewsSheffordBlue

One of their forum posters is suggesting it's dependent on us getting a replacement in but should happen this week

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 6335 views765765

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:36 - Aug 20 by NthQldITFC

I hope not, he's excellent cover for LB and LCB at a push. Very reliable.

Agreed, I'd rather not see McKenna and Ashton having to find a replacement for him, he has performed really well, knows the system and the setup, and seems an excellent character. Very valuable.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 6255 viewsLukePenningVGP

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:37 - Aug 20 by 765765

Agreed, I'd rather not see McKenna and Ashton having to find a replacement for him, he has performed really well, knows the system and the setup, and seems an excellent character. Very valuable.

Maybe someone like Terrence Kongolo who I've seen posted here on the forums and on other places will come as a higher-quality replacement. Who knows.

Just wanted to post, might not be anything.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 6249 viewsMullet

Torn on this. As a Town fan I really like him, he's a huge safety net and great to have here. On the other hand, on a human level he's really unlucky to get his move here after injury and working back up. Only for Leif to completely shut him out.

Oxford under Manning would make sense for him on a personal level.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 6224 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:37 - Aug 20 by SheffordBlue

One of their forum posters is suggesting it's dependent on us getting a replacement in but should happen this week

Replacement would have to be even better than Leigh, and would still be playing 2nd fiddle to Davis.

Unless we are getting a replacement for Davis and he’s going to be back up for the new player.

I can’t see it, unless we are getting a left sided CB who can play LB as a secondary position.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 6188 viewsSheffordBlue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:44 - Aug 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Replacement would have to be even better than Leigh, and would still be playing 2nd fiddle to Davis.

Unless we are getting a replacement for Davis and he’s going to be back up for the new player.

I can’t see it, unless we are getting a left sided CB who can play LB as a secondary position.

Agree. I actually think Cam Humphreys has many of the same attributes as Davis and could be a great understudy if Leigh were to depart - superb engine, can pick a pass, lovely crosser of the ball, good in the tackle, reads the game really well, etc.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 6116 viewsxrayspecs

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:44 - Aug 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

A proper CB and someone who can play the advanced Leif role? I would imagine they may not even exist.

GL is a KM signing so unless the player is unhappy, or we feel we can trade up, then this feels like a non-starter.

OUFC may be interested but it takes three parties to want the move to happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:51 - Aug 20 with 6091 viewsKieran_Knows

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:50 - Aug 20 by xrayspecs

A proper CB and someone who can play the advanced Leif role? I would imagine they may not even exist.

GL is a KM signing so unless the player is unhappy, or we feel we can trade up, then this feels like a non-starter.

Why wouldn’t Leigh want to go and play 40+ games?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:56 - Aug 20 with 5997 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:51 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

Why would we want him too?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:57 - Aug 20 with 5945 viewsxrayspecs

He might well. I said that in my post "unless he is unhappy.".

KM signed GL so clearly wanted him at the club, albeit that was last season.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 5837 viewsBiGDonnie

Why would he want to drop a division and miss out on promotion to the prem, albeit as a squad player

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 5751 viewspointofblue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:50 - Aug 20 by xrayspecs

Looking at the Oxford forum, there seems to be "in the know" posters saying it's happening. I can only imagine we'll bring someone in before letting him go?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:11 - Aug 20 with 5682 viewstractorboy1978

Greg Leigh on the move? on 20:56 - Aug 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Why would we want him too?

Because we want to improve the squad, have another player coming in and need the squad place?
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 5680 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t see the sense in this. We’re unlikely to get better I’d have thought (better basically means Davis becomes number 2). Unless he really wants to go for 1st team footie. If so, fair enough.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:17 - Aug 20 with 5614 viewstractorboy1978

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:12 - Aug 20 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t see the sense in this. We’re unlikely to get better I’d have thought (better basically means Davis becomes number 2). Unless he really wants to go for 1st team footie. If so, fair enough.

Fact is that decent players that have done a job for us are going to have to leave if we want to improve the squad with more than 1 addition.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:23 - Aug 20 with 5504 viewsNthQldITFC

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:17 - Aug 20 by tractorboy1978

Fact is that decent players that have done a job for us are going to have to leave if we want to improve the squad with more than 1 addition.

Leigh is probably one of our strongest backups (along with Donacien, Taylor, Ball maybe), so I'd be looking to upgrade in other places first, and very much sticking to the 'not too many at a time' principle fo continuity.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:30 - Aug 20 with 5427 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think he's more difficult to replace than some others, anyone comes in must be expecting to play 2nd fiddle to Davis and to get someone on of his level prepared to that could be hard but perhaps one takes a view that Davis will likely move on if we continues to play as he has if we don't go up in a couple of seasons and when that happens you get your chance

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 5343 viewsxrayspecs

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:07 - Aug 20 by pointofblue

Looking at the Oxford forum, there seems to be "in the know" posters saying it's happening. I can only imagine we'll bring someone in before letting him go?

Are they as accurate as our ITK posters?

If so, you can ignore them.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:39 - Aug 20 with 5319 viewsSwansea_Blue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:17 - Aug 20 by tractorboy1978

I’d be surprised if we get a big enough fee from Oxford to allow us to get a couple of players in. I suppose his wages come into it too though - so if they’re high it could make some room on the wage bill. Bu again, I’d be surprised if he’s on big wages for this level.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:44 - Aug 20 with 5204 viewspointofblue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:36 - Aug 20 by xrayspecs

Are they as accurate as our ITK posters?

If so, you can ignore them.

Their posts seem to be accepted rather than questioned so, treating their forum the same as TWTD, then they are properly "in the know".

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:50 - Aug 20 with 5125 viewstractorboy1978

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:23 - Aug 20 by NthQldITFC

Leigh is probably one of our strongest backups (along with Donacien, Taylor, Ball maybe), so I'd be looking to upgrade in other places first, and very much sticking to the 'not too many at a time' principle fo continuity.

Not necessarily about upgrading him though. We may think that Donacien or Humphreys can adequately back up Davis (who let’s be honest is going to start every league game if fit) and we want to bring in a body elsewhere.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:50 - Aug 20 with 5131 viewsWicklowBlue

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:39 - Aug 20 by Swansea_Blue

I’d be surprised if we get a big enough fee from Oxford to allow us to get a couple of players in. I suppose his wages come into it too though - so if they’re high it could make some room on the wage bill. Bu again, I’d be surprised if he’s on big wages for this level.

Not saying its accurate but Transfermarket has GL valued at 200k. I agree with others that Leigh is very strong backup to Davies but isn't going to get much pitch time aside from Cup and injuries.

Unless as other posters have said that it is to free up squad space for another player. Has Burgess played LB before for us? Ball can fill in at RB.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:51 - Aug 20 with 5120 viewsHorsham

He’s also just a year to go on his contract, if he can get the security of a longer deal that will come into his thinking.
Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:51 - Aug 20 with 5114 viewstractorboy1978

Greg Leigh on the move? on 21:39 - Aug 20 by Swansea_Blue

Not about money though it’s about squad places.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024