Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brandon Williams 17:15 - Aug 22 with 11739 viewsiamipswich

Farewell Gregory

Poll: Who will return first?

Brandon Williams on 17:48 - Aug 22 with 3260 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brandon Williams on 17:17 - Aug 22 by JDB23

Yeah seems a very strange one, there’s no chance he’s dropping to the championship to be a bench player. Maybe McKenna sees him in a different position?

He can play both sides. So excellent cover for Davis, but a better option than Janoi if we are managing Clarke's injury. He'll get plenty of game time.

Obviously spells the end of Greg Leigh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Truelling. (n/t) on 17:56 - Aug 22 with 3090 viewsBloots

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 17:42 - Aug 22 by Hipsterectomy

is this true or trolling

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Brandon Williams on 18:06 - Aug 22 with 2959 viewsSitfcB

Must be a done deal.

Town in Talks to Sign Manchester United's Williams 22nd Aug 2023 18:03
Town are in talks regarding the signing of Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams. 91

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brandon Williams on 18:11 - Aug 22 with 2834 viewsFreddies_Ears

Brandon Williams on 17:48 - Aug 22 by GlasgowBlue

He can play both sides. So excellent cover for Davis, but a better option than Janoi if we are managing Clarke's injury. He'll get plenty of game time.

Obviously spells the end of Greg Leigh.

A good example of looking up. Only a loan, but if we go up this season, we would need an upgrade on Leigh. Guess we'll get a reasonable fee too, and Leigh gets to resurrect his career so win-win.
Didn't he post.... on 18:12 - Aug 22 with 2835 viewsBloots

Brandon Williams on 18:06 - Aug 22 by SitfcB

Must be a done deal.

Town in Talks to Sign Manchester United's Williams 22nd Aug 2023 18:03
Town are in talks regarding the signing of Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams. 91

....a picture on social media of himself giving the middle finger to Norwich on social media?

Something like that anyway.

I remember that lot getting proper stroppy about it at the time.

Go and find it, you're good at that sort of thing, being a teenager and all that.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Didn't he post.... on 18:13 - Aug 22 with 2814 viewsSitfcB

Didn't he post.... on 18:12 - Aug 22 by Bloots

....a picture on social media of himself giving the middle finger to Norwich on social media?

Something like that anyway.

I remember that lot getting proper stroppy about it at the time.

Go and find it, you're good at that sort of thing, being a teenager and all that.

At your service

He’s got 1.2 million Insta followers, he’ll rival Elkan!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:13]

COYB

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:17 - Aug 22 with 2721 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 22 by Bloots

That was my first thought.

Williams won't be joining to be a back up LB.

Wouldnt want to lose Leif, and if we do, would want his replacement to be a permanent signing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:23 - Aug 22 with 2623 viewsportmanking

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:17 - Aug 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Wouldnt want to lose Leif, and if we do, would want his replacement to be a permanent signing.

He won't be joining to be a back up LB. He'll be rivalling Clarke for RB, with the versatility to cover Leif in the event of injuries/suspensions.
Login to get fewer ads

Brandon Williams on 18:24 - Aug 22 with 2605 viewsFtnfwest

Brandon Williams on 17:16 - Aug 22 by pointofblue

From United? He will not come here to sit behind Davis.

It’s to play right side I would think. JD is good but you feel on his limit in championship and Clarke has his longer term injury issue. This guy sounds like the sort of utility player I think KM likes. Plus can also be back up to leif to let Leigh go.
Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 22 with 2589 viewsN2_Blue

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:17 - Aug 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Losing Leif would be pretty disastrous old day.

I saw this guy play for Norwich and he’s not a patch on Leif. We would be downgrading. Leigh is the better player.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:31 - Aug 22 with 2484 viewschicoazul

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 22 by Bloots

Player trading, blud.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Wolfy out, Cathcart in. (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 22 with 2462 viewsBloots

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:31 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Player trading, blud.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:34 - Aug 22 with 2420 viewschicoazul

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

I saw this guy play for Norwich and he’s not a patch on Leif. We would be downgrading. Leigh is the better player.

That must be why Williams has played for Man United and Leif Davies plays for Ipswich.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:38 - Aug 22 with 2345 viewsN2_Blue

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:34 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

That must be why Williams has played for Man United and Leif Davies plays for Ipswich.

Dumb comment.

How many players start careers at big clubs and do nothing, and how many work their way up and end up playing for their country.

He doesn’t exactly ‘play’ for United does he??

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:41 - Aug 22 with 2311 viewschicoazul

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:38 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

Dumb comment.

How many players start careers at big clubs and do nothing, and how many work their way up and end up playing for their country.

He doesn’t exactly ‘play’ for United does he??

He’s played 30 odd games which is 28 odd games more than Leif played for Leeds at the same level.

ETA and sadly almost as many for Norwich at the same level
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 18:43]

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:52 - Aug 22 with 2159 viewstractorboy1978

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

Silly. Leigh is now heading back to L1 (where he was a back up last season). I love all the players in this squad but some people need to get real and appreciate the levels some of them are actually at.
Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:54 - Aug 22 with 2136 viewsN2_Blue

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:52 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

Silly. Leigh is now heading back to L1 (where he was a back up last season). I love all the players in this squad but some people need to get real and appreciate the levels some of them are actually at.

I said Leif, as in Leif Davis. Not Greg Leigh.

I don’t think Leif Davis will go but some speculated on this thread that we may have received a big bid for LEIF not Leigh!!

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 19:05 - Aug 22 with 2033 viewstractorboy1978

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 18:54 - Aug 22 by N2_Blue

I said Leif, as in Leif Davis. Not Greg Leigh.

I don’t think Leif Davis will go but some speculated on this thread that we may have received a big bid for LEIF not Leigh!!

You said Leigh is the better player. But fair play if a typo.
Brandon Williams on 19:06 - Aug 22 with 2037 viewsyorkshireblue

Interesting comments here - if you ignore the obvious.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/greenwood-and-williams-have-the-mental-edg
Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 19:12 - Aug 22 with 1955 viewsN2_Blue

Must have a big offer for Leif on the table. (n/t) on 19:05 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

You said Leigh is the better player. But fair play if a typo.

Ah ok, I see I did in my 2nd post which was indeed a typo. Should be quite clear I’m referring to Leif as I think it’s obvious to anyone that Leif is a far better player than Leigh. My point I was making is I personally think Davis is a better player than Williams on what I’ve seen of the two irrespective of the standard of club they have spent most of their career at.

Brandon Williams on 19:55 - Aug 22 with 1674 viewsSitfcB

Option to buy

COYB

Going Leeds innit. (n/t) on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 1606 viewsBloots

Brandon Williams on 19:55 - Aug 22 by SitfcB

Option to buy

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Brandon Williams on 20:30 - Aug 22 with 1418 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Leigh is off. Is this a panic loan?
Going Leeds innit. (n/t) on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 1396 viewschicoazul

Going Leeds innit. (n/t) on 20:02 - Aug 22 by Bloots

Note Maguire in the background. A big hint?

Brandon Williams on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 1397 viewsgtsb1966

Brandon Williams on 20:30 - Aug 22 by Naylorsrightboot

Leigh is off. Is this a panic loan?

We wouldn't get rid of Leigh if that was the case would we. Now think about it .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024