Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dane Scarlett 10:38 - Aug 31 with 26513 viewsSitfcB

This post has been edited by an administrator

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 1430 viewsHerbivore

Dane Scarlett on 11:32 - Aug 31 by TresBonne

This has been a poor window after Ashton's comments about 'attacking' the transfer window and building all that optimism.

Really doesn't fit the player trading model when you pack the squad with young loanees from PL clubs who we are never gonna eventually sign on a perm *if* they have a good spell.

Player trading requires selling players to reinvest though. I think we'll see more of that next season, if we don't go up. FFP makes it hard for us to just spend £10m on players with nothing coming the other way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dane Scarlett on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 1429 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:55 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Three loanees isn't an issue in itself, it's more that two of them are very much development loans that won't necessarily improve our starting XI (at least not straight away) and that we have no chance of signing long term. Three loanees would be fine if they were all top drawer and going to play every week and make us a better side, I'm just not convinced that our loanees fit that bill.

100% agree.

Ashton said we were after 2-3 players to improve the starting eleven, this signing doesn't suggest that.

Suspect we've been priced out on a lot of the other targets.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Innit on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 1435 viewsDyland

Dane Scarlett on 11:56 - Aug 31 by BiGDonnie

Agreed. The majority of responses on this thread are nothing short of embarrassing.

Clueless.

Has McKenna signed any duffers? I think not. Clearly sees huge potential in Scarlett and feels he can be coached to a high performance level. And Spurs have extended his contract. I think our young loanees will start ripping the opposition apart come the winter.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dane Scarlett on 12:03 - Aug 31 with 1421 viewschicoazul

Dane Scarlett on 11:55 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Three loanees isn't an issue in itself, it's more that two of them are very much development loans that won't necessarily improve our starting XI (at least not straight away) and that we have no chance of signing long term. Three loanees would be fine if they were all top drawer and going to play every week and make us a better side, I'm just not convinced that our loanees fit that bill.

Scarlett will play every game unless we get Armstrong in and even then he will play most of them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Innit on 12:04 - Aug 31 with 1381 viewschicoazul

Innit on 12:02 - Aug 31 by Dyland

Has McKenna signed any duffers? I think not. Clearly sees huge potential in Scarlett and feels he can be coached to a high performance level. And Spurs have extended his contract. I think our young loanees will start ripping the opposition apart come the winter.

Ahadme and Camara

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Innit on 12:05 - Aug 31 with 1372 viewsDyland

Innit on 12:04 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Ahadme and Camara

Weren’t duff signings you doofus.

Innit on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 1341 viewsITFCBlues

Innit on 12:02 - Aug 31 by Dyland

You must've missed the panic deadline day signings of Ahadme & Camara last season....

Dane Scarlett on 12:06 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewscbower

Dane Scarlett on 11:02 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

It's not a "signing that will improve the starting 11! is it?

Very much looks like we've exhausted all avenues and this is where we've ended up.

If we were to sign a striker to improve the starting line up, surely that would need somone to take Hirst's place. Someone to supplement Hirst, offer somethong a little different was always more likely. This boy, like Jack Taylor, has been a target for 6 months plus. Give the lad a chance. I remember Daryl Murphy was a 'meh' loan when he first arrived. Worked out ok. Luongo 'meh' - season changer too.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Dane Scarlett on 12:07 - Aug 31 with 1308 viewsHerbivore

Dane Scarlett on 12:00 - Aug 31 by xrayspecs

He is not a squad filler, he has come here to get regular game time.

Which I can't see him getting, not in terms of starts anyway. Hirst is tailor made for how McKenna wants us to play, there's no way he's getting dropped for Scarlett. Likewise Chaplin and Broadhead. He'll be getting 20-30 minutes from the bench most weeks and hopefully he'll make an impact when he does.

Dane Scarlett on 12:08 - Aug 31 with 1293 viewsNthQldITFC

Dane Scarlett on 11:22 - Aug 31 by itfcsuth

We've been sniffing around him for a while.

McKenna will be delighted to bring him in, rates him very high and believe he would thrive in this group/system.

That's more than good enough for me. First season back in Tier 2, no headroom because of FFP and we've kept hold of all our star players, we just can't spend £10m on a quality, promotion-challenge ready CF.

I'd personally like to see Freddie stay, and that group of 4 gives up what we need for a consolidation (or possible play off push) season, and after a couple of sales and purchases, a real tilt at promotion next year.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dane Scarlett on 12:08 - Aug 31 with 1283 viewsHerbivore

Dane Scarlett on 12:03 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Scarlett will play every game unless we get Armstrong in and even then he will play most of them.

He'll likely come off the bench but he's not come in to start every week.

Innit on 12:09 - Aug 31 with 1271 viewsReus30

Innit on 12:04 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Ahadme and Camara

Ahadme tearing up League 1? Both have had significant injuries so completely unfair.

Some right weird comments on here. We have kept essentially our whole team which got 99 points last year. We have secured Hirst on a perm and added quality such as Taylor, Hutch, Williams & now Scarlett. We have added significant resources to our all conquering squad which lost its first game for 6 months.

We don't have millions to spend on perm transfers so this is just logical way of improving our squad for now. We can revisit deals at the end of loan like we did with Hirst. I am very happy and optimistic that playoffs are do-able. If those additions add an extra 20 goals combined to what we already have, then happy days.

Can't please some people.
Innit on 12:09 - Aug 31 with 1272 viewsDyland

Innit on 12:06 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

You must've missed the panic deadline day signings of Ahadme & Camara last season....

As has been pointed out ad nauseam, they weren’t first choice but were not “panic buys”.

Panic buying is mooks stockpiling bog roll and beans during pandemics, it doesn’t apply to McK era ITFC.

Innit on 12:15 - Aug 31 with 1201 viewsITFCBlues

Innit on 12:09 - Aug 31 by Dyland

As has been pointed out ad nauseam, they weren’t first choice but were not “panic buys”.

Panic buying is mooks stockpiling bog roll and beans during pandemics, it doesn’t apply to McK era ITFC.

They were every bit panic buys?

Do you think we'd been targeting Ahadme all summer and then got the deal done on deadline day? Or was it because we failed to get targets in and he happened to be a handful in our game against Burton so we then decided to take a punt?

Camara similar - he just doesn't fit the kind of profile of a KM signing. Doesn't have the right profile to play in our midfield. It was almost as though we decided to sign him because we were surprised he hadn't moved to the Championship so took another punt.

Dane Scarlett on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 1175 viewschicoazul

Dane Scarlett on 12:08 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

He'll likely come off the bench but he's not come in to start every week.

Agreed.
If anything I wonder if this would mean Ladapo will be off.

Innit on 12:17 - Aug 31 with 1159 viewschicoazul

Innit on 12:05 - Aug 31 by Dyland

Weren’t duff signings you doofus.

Course they were! Neither were in any way successful.

Innit on 12:18 - Aug 31 with 1140 viewschicoazul

Innit on 12:09 - Aug 31 by Reus30

Ahadme tearing up League 1? Both have had significant injuries so completely unfair.

Some right weird comments on here. We have kept essentially our whole team which got 99 points last year. We have secured Hirst on a perm and added quality such as Taylor, Hutch, Williams & now Scarlett. We have added significant resources to our all conquering squad which lost its first game for 6 months.

We don't have millions to spend on perm transfers so this is just logical way of improving our squad for now. We can revisit deals at the end of loan like we did with Hirst. I am very happy and optimistic that playoffs are do-able. If those additions add an extra 20 goals combined to what we already have, then happy days.

Can't please some people.

I have no idea why you’re aiming all this at me.

Innit on 12:18 - Aug 31 with 1144 viewsJ2BLUE

Innit on 12:06 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

Ahadme was a cheap punt. Camara would like have had a much bigger role if he didn't get injured.

Even if they were panic buys, who cares? They were relatively cheap and if we've learnt our lesson then fair enough.

There's no way Scarlett is a panic signing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dane Scarlett on 12:18 - Aug 31 with 1139 viewsHerbivore

Dane Scarlett on 12:16 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Agreed.
If anything I wonder if this would mean Ladapo will be off.

I'd suggest we perhaps need him for squad depth, although Jackson's performance on Saturday suggests he can more than do a job in this system in a pinch. I suspect if someone came in for Ladapo we'd consider it, at his age he won't want to be third or fourth choice for the one number 9 slot.

It’s as if you didn’t really read my post on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 1115 viewsDyland

Innit on 12:15 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

They were every bit panic buys?

Do you think we'd been targeting Ahadme all summer and then got the deal done on deadline day? Or was it because we failed to get targets in and he happened to be a handful in our game against Burton so we then decided to take a punt?

Camara similar - he just doesn't fit the kind of profile of a KM signing. Doesn't have the right profile to play in our midfield. It was almost as though we decided to sign him because we were surprised he hadn't moved to the Championship so took another punt.

It was pretty short.

Innit on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 1109 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Innit on 12:09 - Aug 31 by Dyland

They really were.
Innit on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 1108 viewsHerbivore

Innit on 12:18 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Ahadme was a cheap punt. Camara would like have had a much bigger role if he didn't get injured.

Even if they were panic buys, who cares? They were relatively cheap and if we've learnt our lesson then fair enough.

Defo not a panic signing. Not sure you can panic sign someone you've been interested in for 8 months. I feel a bit ambivalent about this one personally, but I also trust McKenna so am keen to see what Scarlett can offer us.

You’ve demonstrated your negativity quite a bit on 12:22 - Aug 31 with 1089 viewsDyland

Innit on 12:19 - Aug 31 by Naylorsrightboot

They really were.

Calling them panic buys confirms you’re also a bit clueless, sorry.

If you want to go full internet polarity fine, I’ll leave ya to it on 12:23 - Aug 31 with 1069 viewsDyland

Innit on 12:17 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Course they were! Neither were in any way successful.

X

Innit on 12:25 - Aug 31 with 1046 viewsITFCBlues

Innit on 12:18 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Ahadme was a signing on deadline day having missed out on Hirst having chased him all summer & then he'd played well against us, defo not one we'd targeted.

Camara was an odd one - just don't see how he would've fitted our style of play in any way shape or form.

Scarlett probably been on the list for sure. Defo not a panic, but certainly not first choice. Suspect we've been priced out of other targets.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024