Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dane Scarlett 10:38 - Aug 31 with 26511 viewsSitfcB

This post has been edited by an administrator

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 with 1766 viewshomer_123

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I think the big issue for most is it’s another loan - on top of Williams and Hutchinson - rather than a permanent signing. Don’t think so many would have a problem with it if it was a full transfer and we would benefit from nurturing him.

What's to say we won't benefit?

Williams is very likely to leave United, for example.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dane Scarlett on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1739 viewsBlueBadger

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

Think with Parrott. He has the talent. But 0 interest in making the most of it.

Be fair, the lad spent a lot of time playing under Paul Lambert at a formative age. If he can kill the work ethic of solid pros like Chambo and Skusey, he can definitely do to an impressionable teenager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dane Scarlett on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1739 viewsbluefunk

Dane Scarlett on 11:02 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

It's not a "signing that will improve the starting 11! is it?

Very much looks like we've exhausted all avenues and this is where we've ended up.

It is when Hirst is injured isn’t it?
Dane Scarlett on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1729 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 by homer_123

I'd beg to differ.

Given the work rate expect from our lone striker, DS won't be coming here as a bench warmer - he'll be playing regularly and pushing Hirst onwards, likely more than Ladapo (sadly).

Not only that but it could well be another case of one for the future as well.

One for the future for Spurs?

If he does well here, how much would he cost us? Upwards of 10m? (Unless there is a buy clause in the deal, which i don't see happening).

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Dane Scarlett on 11:13 - Aug 31 with 1712 viewspointofblue

Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 by homer_123

What's to say we won't benefit?

Williams is very likely to leave United, for example.

Williams I can understand - Leigh wanted to go, we’ve brought in a high quality replacement. And it does feel like he is surplus to requirements as they sent him out despite being aware of long term injuries to Shaw and Malacia.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dane Scarlett on 11:13 - Aug 31 with 1703 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:12 - Aug 31 by bluefunk

It is when Hirst is injured isn’t it?

Is it? His record in L1 suggests he's no better than Jackson?

Just younger with more potential perhaps.

Dane Scarlett on 11:14 - Aug 31 with 1690 viewsStokieBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:09 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I think the big issue for most is it’s another loan - on top of Williams and Hutchinson - rather than a permanent signing. Don’t think so many would have a problem with it if it was a full transfer and we would benefit from nurturing him.

As per my previous post, most teams that do well in the Championship have a number of PL loans and they were often the peak performers.

We most likely don't have the funds to be buying players like Scarlett so I think your expectations are a bit out of whack with reality.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dane Scarlett on 11:14 - Aug 31 with 1672 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dane Scarlett on 11:13 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

Is it? His record in L1 suggests he's no better than Jackson?

Just younger with more potential perhaps.

Might help him playing with Broadhead Chappers and Davis, rather than Pigott, Curtis and jacobs etc

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Dane Scarlett on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 1670 viewsArnieM

Dane Scarlett on 11:10 - Aug 31 by tractorboy1978

McKenna - "one of the best young strikers in world football"

Fans - "We've got super Kieran McKenna, he knows exactly what we need"

Have some faith.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 11:25]

I do have faith in McKenna. The first manager we’ve had since Burley and SBR who knew what they were doing. But as many have alluded too, it’s a loan . He won’t be ours, and where in the team will he play? He’s not particularly big….another #10?, if so in place if who? Just because people ask questions, doesn’t mean they lack faith. It’s a reasonable inquiry.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dane Scarlett on 11:18 - Aug 31 with 1593 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:14 - Aug 31 by FrimleyBlue

Might help him playing with Broadhead Chappers and Davis, rather than Pigott, Curtis and jacobs etc

Possibly....But he also isn't going to be playing against Cheltenham & Port Vale every week either.

Dane Scarlett on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 1555 viewsCityBlue

has this renewed interest been sparked by the news that Joe Gelhardt will not be available?

I T I D

Dane Scarlett on 11:22 - Aug 31 with 1529 viewsSitfcB

TWTD goes with ‘working on’

Watson has gone with ‘closing in’

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Dane Scarlett on 11:22 - Aug 31 with 1527 viewsitfcsuth

We've been sniffing around him for a while.

McKenna will be delighted to bring him in, rates him very high and believe he would thrive in this group/system.
Dane Scarlett on 11:23 - Aug 31 with 1509 viewspointofblue

Dane Scarlett on 11:14 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

As per my previous post, most teams that do well in the Championship have a number of PL loans and they were often the peak performers.

We most likely don't have the funds to be buying players like Scarlett so I think your expectations are a bit out of whack with reality.

SB

I’d probably be happier with signing someone else permanently rather than Scarlett on loan (Bishop or Collins, perhaps) but, then again, McKenna does rate him highly. Did he work with him at all whilst at Spurs?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dane Scarlett on 11:24 - Aug 31 with 1511 viewsPhilTWTD

Dane Scarlett on 11:22 - Aug 31 by SitfcB

TWTD goes with ‘working on’

Watson has gone with ‘closing in’

Think it will get done today. No surprise, I've thought he might end up here all summer given the January interest.
Dane Scarlett on 11:28 - Aug 31 with 1396 viewsVic

Good loan for him. I know little or nothing about him, but can't see him dislodging Hirsty so he must just be cover. I have to trust KM to judge whether he's an upgrade on Ladders, etc. I assume he thinks he is or he wouldn't have brought him in. One good thing about a loan forward is that he won't be blocking the way of any of our own youngsters.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 12:35]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Dane Scarlett on 11:29 - Aug 31 with 1394 viewscordonblue

A loan deal is far from the end of the world. We have found the market tougher than expected as it clubs are finally happy to spend money again after the Covid years, it has been tough for us coming up from league one. Getting quality loan signings in helps us this year to win football matches, whilst buying time to assess other options going forward to sign players. It is a better option than panic buys now like last summer and we will hopefully be in a good position to attack January like last year. I think we have assessed the market, leant from our mistakes and stuck to our guns well.

Anyone who doesn't trust Mckenna's opinion on players needs to give their head a wobble. Scarlett is well thought of across the game, one loan at Pompey under Cowley does not need to be analysed in great depth. Players of this level at this age can often make huge strides quickly... Cameron Archer struggled at Solihull Moors a couple of seasons ago before having two good championship seasons.

Good signing.
Dane Scarlett on 11:29 - Aug 31 with 1385 viewsDJR

Dane Scarlett on 10:44 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

Agreed - seems pointless. Is he any better than say Jackson who could also play a similar role.

Our whole plan is to sign players we can develop & then sign on for significant sums - "Player Trading" to then sign better players overtime. We're essentially just developing other clubs players for them & if they do well, we probably aren't going to have scope to sign them either.

I wonder, a bit like last season, if the owners don't want to go over the top at this stage, but prefer to see where we are in January, and up the ante then if needed.

And as regards Scarlett, this from McKenna suggests he is some player.

“One of the only players they have who doesn’t have Championship experience is one of the best young strikers in world football, in my opinion, in Dane Scarlett,”

And it mustn't be forgotten that scoring goals is only one part of the role of the central striker in a McKenna system. As evidence of this, a couple of runs off the ball by Jackson on Saturday, opened up space for others to get a shot on goal.
Dane Scarlett on 11:30 - Aug 31 with 1368 viewsJakeITFC

Dane Scarlett on 11:23 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

I’d probably be happier with signing someone else permanently rather than Scarlett on loan (Bishop or Collins, perhaps) but, then again, McKenna does rate him highly. Did he work with him at all whilst at Spurs?

Don't really agree with regards to signing a permanent player like Collins or Bishop here - they've not really shown anything that would make you think they're good enough for the top of the Championship, and would ultimately would be a sunk cost (likely £2m or so) that you wouldn't be able to do much with. I think if you could have got a Simms, Armstrong or Cannon over the line (at much higher cost, but with significantly higher upside) that would be a different story.

Scarlett is a sort of happy medium for me - a very highly thought of player, fills a void and huge potential to improve. The market for genuine permanent improvements upfront is very finite at this level imo (and we've already made one signing in Hirst there).
Dane Scarlett on 11:31 - Aug 31 with 1358 viewsMarkp68

Dane Scarlett on 11:24 - Aug 31 by PhilTWTD

Think it will get done today. No surprise, I've thought he might end up here all summer given the January interest.

Phil as this is a loan do you think that will stop us looking at any other premier league loans particularly thinking Rak-Saki and is that likely to be business done for this window?
Dane Scarlett on 11:32 - Aug 31 with 1347 viewsTresBonne

This has been a poor window after Ashton's comments about 'attacking' the transfer window and building all that optimism.

Really doesn't fit the player trading model when you pack the squad with young loanees from PL clubs who we are never gonna eventually sign on a perm *if* they have a good spell.
Dane Scarlett on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 1292 viewsDubtractor

Dane Scarlett on 10:53 - Aug 31 by ITFCBlues

34 games and just 4 goals last season suggests not.

If it's a perm deal & we can develop him ourselves, then i'd be more than happy, but just seems very underwhelming.

How many senior goals had Hirst got when we signed him on loan? And how did that turn out?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dane Scarlett on 11:35 - Aug 31 with 1271 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:31 - Aug 31 by Markp68

Phil as this is a loan do you think that will stop us looking at any other premier league loans particularly thinking Rak-Saki and is that likely to be business done for this window?

Rak-Sakyi has been dead for sometime - sure it was mentioned weeks ago we'd moved on. Plus there's a lot competition for him!

Dane Scarlett on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 1243 viewsITFCBlues

Dane Scarlett on 11:34 - Aug 31 by Dubtractor

How many senior goals had Hirst got when we signed him on loan? And how did that turn out?

He had about 15 goals in the 2nd half of the previous season in L1 for Pompey i believe it was?

Dane Scarlett on 11:36 - Aug 31 with 1239 viewstractorboy1978

Dane Scarlett on 11:32 - Aug 31 by TresBonne

This has been a poor window after Ashton's comments about 'attacking' the transfer window and building all that optimism.

Really doesn't fit the player trading model when you pack the squad with young loanees from PL clubs who we are never gonna eventually sign on a perm *if* they have a good spell.

"Pack" - come on now, stop being silly and disingenuous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024