Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? 15:25 - Sep 16 with 5835 viewsSimonds92

One of our top performers for a third successive season so far. Really dont know how we can improve on him at this level.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:27 - Sep 16 with 3934 viewsWestSussexBlue

Omari probably..
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:36 - Sep 16 with 3824 viewsBlueBadger

He just whacks it though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:47 - Sep 16 with 3741 viewsStewart27

It’s not cool to like Wes.

It’s edgy to dislike him because he’s been very good for us over 3 seasons.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 16:59]
It's more simple than that innit on 15:54 - Sep 16 with 3696 viewsDyland

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:47 - Sep 16 by Stewart27

It’s not cool to like Wes.

It’s edgy to dislike him because he’s been very good for us over 3 seasons.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 16:59]

It's a clueless lack of context and a very basic misunderstanding of how professional football works. If Wes didn't hit any wayward crosses he'd be in the Premier league.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:56 - Sep 16 with 3674 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah he’s stepped up to this level with ease.

Don’t really pay much attention to the criticism- it is Frimley after all.
It's more simple than that innit on 17:02 - Sep 16 with 3466 viewsStewart27

It's more simple than that innit on 15:54 - Sep 16 by Dyland

It's a clueless lack of context and a very basic misunderstanding of how professional football works. If Wes didn't hit any wayward crosses he'd be in the Premier league.

Yeah imagine a mid twenties modern wing back who contributes double figures in goals and assists every season, covers back defensively, not afraid to take the game to the opposition AND never misplaces a pass.

Probably wouldn’t be playing Sheffield Wednesday for the third consecutive season.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 19:13 - Sep 16 with 3213 viewsibbleobble

He’s at his best when balls are played into the channels for him to run on to, it’s what brought him such a good goal return in his first season here. Thought there was a period last season, which actually culminated in our poor run when he was playing a little narrower and had too much ground to cover with the ball at his feet but we redressed that and his assists grew. We’ve got the balance right again this season and he should have more assists to his name by now.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:24 - Sep 16 with 3107 viewsjacobnikons

Hes a full international, of course has up to Championship level and will continue to develop. I think he needs more pressure on his place and Jackson is not that man imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:35 - Sep 16 with 3065 viewsBiGDonnie

TBH it's only that utter d'head Dimbot who doesn't like him, which is probably the best compliment super Wes would get.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:50 - Sep 16 with 3028 viewsNutkins_Return

Imagine having the original hot take that Burns wasn't good enough (when at league one level!!!). Then imagine doubling down on it for what must now be years!!
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 2960 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 15:56 - Sep 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah he’s stepped up to this level with ease.

Don’t really pay much attention to the criticism- it is Frimley after all.

How odd. I've not been on at all today. But you've named me for some reason.

For what it's worth. Having watched the game with my dad on his birthday weekend which was lovely, there was another example of wes missing what should have been an easy goal. But he ran around and got involved in lots of good stuff so it's cooler to ignore any bad bits.

BTW. What a cracking game that was. How on earth we didn't scored 8/9 goals today. Never seen such a 1-0 thrashing in my life.

Kms onto something good here. It's happening this season to follow the last. Eieieio.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:51 - Sep 16 with 2927 viewsStewart27

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:36 - Sep 16 by FrimleyBlue

For what it's worth. Having watched the game with my dad on his birthday weekend which was lovely, there was another example of wes missing what should have been an easy goal. But he ran around and got involved in lots of good stuff so it's cooler to ignore any bad bits.

BTW. What a cracking game that was. How on earth we didn't scored 8/9 goals today. Never seen such a 1-0 thrashing in my life.

Kms onto something good here. It's happening this season to follow the last. Eieieio.

It wasn’t an easy goal. It was a good save.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:34 - Sep 16 with 2858 viewsGeoffSentence

For another example of a 1-0 thrashing I refer the honorable gentleman to the 1978 cup final

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:58 - Sep 16 with 2793 viewsnaa

So you're saying it's cool to ignore all the good stuff and focus on the one bad thing?

Odd take.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 00:22 - Sep 17 with 2668 viewsStewart27

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:58 - Sep 16 by naa

So you're saying it's cool to ignore all the good stuff and focus on the one bad thing?

Odd take.

He’s trying to be positive whilst being negative.

Progress.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 01:39 - Sep 17 with 2625 viewsTractorboy24

Assume you were named because you seem to have an irrational dislike of our Wes, despite the record of scoring 20 goals and having 17 assists in our previous 2 seasons which he played 79 games predominantly at RW/RWB.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 02:05 - Sep 17 with 2613 viewsStokieBlue

How is it odd?

What is very odd is that you continue to think that things you've previously said no longer matter. It's literally the weirdest thing on this forum and there are a lot of weird things on here.

Talk crap, get called out.

You've said crap, either own the crap or stop weaseling around the edges like a child when you're continually proven wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:32 - Sep 17 with 2403 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 02:05 - Sep 17 by StokieBlue

How is it odd?

What is very odd is that you continue to think that things you've previously said no longer matter. It's literally the weirdest thing on this forum and there are a lot of weird things on here.

Talk crap, get called out.

You've said crap, either own the crap or stop weaseling around the edges like a child when you're continually proven wrong.

SB

Because the posters have made it look like i came on and had moaned about him all game yesterday.

It's rather odd that you're all desperate to think about one person's personal opinion on a player.

It's not a law that you have to like a player

I look forward to seeing the same posters naming just one poster who doesn't like ladapo next game. Or Jackson.

BTW. Remember when you didn't like burgess. Stupid wasn't it.oh wait you claim you always did.

Fb

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:41 - Sep 17 with 2371 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:58 - Sep 16 by naa

Odd take.

No. Despite my thoughts on burns. I've always said what he's good at but it's what he's not which does my head in. I've spoken of both.

Others however act like he's god and untouchable and does fk all wrong and talk about his stats which look good based on one half of a season.

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:50 - Sep 17 with 2351 viewsMullet

He had so much room to work yesterday and he did it well. If I'm looking for criticisms his tackle was really bad to get booked. Also he had a shot at the near post he should have blasted, but he's not the only one who did that yesterday.

Hit them hard and low and the keeper struggles to dictate where it goes, a bit like Hladky against Leeds.

Wes is probably at the height of his powers, along with Ladapo, Morsy, Luongo etc but there's no shame in that as we're right at the sharp end of the second tier. Think those making out it's some sort of problem aren't really thinking short or long term about the squad.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:56 - Sep 17 with 2315 viewsDubtractor

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:41 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

No. Despite my thoughts on burns. I've always said what he's good at but it's what he's not which does my head in. I've spoken of both.

Others however act like he's god and untouchable and does fk all wrong and talk about his stats which look good based on one half of a season.

Mate, your life on here would be so much easier if sometimes you just held your hand up, say you got this one wrong, but then not follow it up with a passive aggressive dig at others and insisting you were still right, actually.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 09:19 - Sep 17 with 2257 viewsStewart27

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:41 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

“But he ran around and got involved in lots of good stuff so it's cooler to ignore any bad bits”

That’s your defence of Burns in order to justify your negative digs and say that you have a balanced view. You just can’t hold your hand up can you? It’s like talking to a kid in a playground.

You’re digging your hole deeper here. Please now tell me who acts like Wes is god or untouchable. Nobody. People do feel the need to defend him to people like yourself who spout rubbish about him.

Somebody presenting you statistics and facts is an objective measure of what Burns does. But you’ve tried to angle this by saying they are stats that make him look good over half a season.

You only need to half a footballing brain to know that Wes is just fine. Not our best player but he’s stepped up pretty easily to this level.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 10:34 - Sep 17 with 2165 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Sometimes the opposition have very quick Left wingers as their main attacking outlet and he is more inhibited in those games.

Almost like he is under instruction not to push up as much, or something.

Oddly those are also the games where he seems to create less.

He was amazing for us in his first season. Had some injury niggles and took a bit of time to find his very best form last season, but second half of last season, especially in partnership with Clarke, he had some exceptional games.

There will be more games with tricky Left Wingers in the Championship than in Div One, so he won't always have licence.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 10:36 - Sep 17 with 2159 viewsBiGDonnie

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:56 - Sep 17 by Dubtractor

Mate, your life on here would be so much easier if sometimes you just held your hand up, say you got this one wrong, but then not follow it up with a passive aggressive dig at others and insisting you were still right, actually.

I've got the tw*t on ignore but he's clearly still of the same thick opinion. He's a thick budgie.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 11:52 - Sep 17 with 2020 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 08:56 - Sep 17 by Dubtractor

Not really. Again I hadn't been on at all day so don't agree with an individual being called out whilst not actively being part of the discussion.

I have made myself part of it now of cause by responding and happy to discuss it.

I have an opinion on a player. It's fine people don't agree with it. I've no problem at all with that.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024