Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? 17:45 - Sep 17 with 6122 viewsnodge_blue

I paid £6.25 for a pint of estrella in st andrews brew house, Norwich.

The barman even apologised when after pouring it and i went how much?

Other lagers turned out to be more like 5.50. Maybe a tax on the strength?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 19:06]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 17:55 - Sep 17 with 3588 viewsWeWereZombies

Estrella Damm or Stella Artois ? Not that it matters...

Paid £5.50 for a bottle of Skye Red at an event at Talisker Distillery last week and was unhappy enough about that, especially after paying four quid a pint for better quality cask beers at FolkEast last month.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 3516 viewsDaninthecampo

How much was the Estrella? You didn't say

Not sure if you get Estrella Galicia in the UK but its so much better than normal Estrella
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 18:15]
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:16 - Sep 17 with 3496 viewstazdac

£6.30 for Moretti in the station hotel Ipswich, when I questioned the price, the barmaid apologised and said a few people had questioned the price of their beers :o)
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:19 - Sep 17 with 3447 viewsgainsboroughblue

I remember vowing to never enter a pub again when a pint hit £3. I didn't stick by it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 3382 viewsmichaeldownunder

Back in the day my Dad and I went into the boardwalk pub for a pre match drink. Ordered a couple of half's and Dad said he would pay. When the barman told him how much he said " Son we only ordered two beers and I'm not paying that much" and walked out, leaving me to pay and drink both of them.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:36 - Sep 17 with 3367 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

£5.50 for a pre match pint of Moretti in Isaacs.

A pint of the same was £6.45 in Rushden last night so guess Ipswich prices are on the lower end of the scale.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:54 - Sep 17 with 3301 viewsDubtractor

I paid £7 for a pint of San Miguel in the Islington Academy venue in London earlier this year.

London gig venues will always win the 'most expensive pint' competition.

Sorry, just read the title properly.......
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 18:54]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:56 - Sep 17 with 3272 viewsstringy

I'm a big fan of The Greyhound but 5.40 for a pint of Ghost Ship is a bit steep. Paid six quid for a stout in Cambridge about 18 months ago though
Login to get fewer ads

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:59 - Sep 17 with 3244 viewsMillsTash

So how much are pubs actually profiting on a pint? It’s always well documented that fuel stations make very little. Is this the same for a pint?
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 19:01 - Sep 17 with 3216 viewsMillsTash

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:11 - Sep 17 by Daninthecampo

Not sure if you get Estrella Galicia in the UK but its so much better than normal Estrella

The Last Anchor sells it. I agree really nice drop and goes under the radar compared to Madri etc
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 19:01 - Sep 17 with 3214 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

How things change. My first ever pint in around 1972 cost 16.5 pence. I used to go to the local pub, have 3 pints, a pastie and 10 Number 6 and still have change from a pound note. TWTD.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 19:06 - Sep 17 with 3167 viewsnodge_blue

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 18:11 - Sep 17 by Daninthecampo

Oops. I somehow managed to delete half my opening sentence which rather makes the post useless. Now edited back. I paid 6.25

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:05 - Sep 17 with 2997 viewsBloomBlue

Going back approx 4 years ago (I think it was 4, it was certainly before Covid) I went into a pub in canary wharf and they had a guest beer on, Ghost Ship. Having been in Suffolk for the weekend and having enjoyed a few Ghost ships, oh yes barman I'll have a pint of Ghost Ship. A nicely poured pint was placed in front of me, I looked at the barman and he said £6.80. I nicely replied WTF... he said its our guest beer. I replied well its going to stay as a guest as I'm not paying that f**king price and just walked out of the pub.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:06 - Sep 17 with 2995 viewsDaninthecampo

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 19:01 - Sep 17 by MillsTash

The Last Anchor sells it. I agree really nice drop and goes under the radar compared to Madri etc

Yes it's good, my goto beer here although the 5.5% kicks in after a while!!
Alhambra 1925 is my favourite Spanish beer here, much more expensive but very nice.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:14 - Sep 17 with 2982 viewsDaninthecampo

I pay on average €2.20 for 500ml and upto €4 depending on which local tourist trap i'm at.
Went to Marbs (90 mins away) last year and they tried to charge me €14 for a bottle of San miguel, I laughed at them and walked away!
Luckily my boss was happy to pay
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:27 - Sep 17 with 2944 viewsThe_Realist_09

£6.80 for a pint in Mikkeller - Shoreditch
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:42 - Sep 17 with 2890 viewsHerbivore

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:27 - Sep 17 by The_Realist_09

£6.80 for a pint in Mikkeller - Shoreditch

That will have been a decent pint of craft beer though, not a pint of generic lager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:51 - Sep 17 with 2866 viewsbadadski

Cambridge there was some beer which tasted disgusting and off peanuts was £5.80 for 2/3 of a pint . Noticed places have started this stupid way of pricing so you pay more when getting a pint.

Getting rediculous now what we are paying for drinking out.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:59 - Sep 17 with 2842 viewsMeadowlark

£3.60 for a pint of Adnams in my local.
When we were in Burnley for the cup replay last season the local cask ale was £2.00 a pint!!
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:00 - Sep 17 with 2832 viewsHerbivore

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 20:59 - Sep 17 by Meadowlark

£3.60 for a pint of Adnams in my local.
When we were in Burnley for the cup replay last season the local cask ale was £2.00 a pint!!

That's overpriced for an Adnams beer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:04 - Sep 17 with 2822 viewsParky

Had a pint of Peroni in the Station Hotel a while ago whilst waiting for a train, was £6.20 and the pint was shît.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:07 - Sep 17 with 2811 viewsronnyd

Paid 2 quid for a small bottle of water in the Apex last night. Daylight robbery, at least Think Floyd were superb.
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:20 - Sep 17 with 2775 viewsKieran_Knows

Paid £10.40 at the Black Tiles in Martlesham/Kesgrave last week for a pint of Fosters and bottle of Corona.

Robbing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 23:15 - Sep 17 with 2598 viewsbadadski

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Kieran_Knows

Paid £10.40 at the Black Tiles in Martlesham/Kesgrave last week for a pint of Fosters and bottle of Corona.

Robbing.

2 bottles of alcohol free in Southend yesterday £11.50 -
Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 07:08 - Sep 18 with 2460 viewshype313

Whats the most youve paid for a pint locally? on 21:20 - Sep 17 by Kieran_Knows

Robbing.

That's outrageous, especially given that place has the atmosphere of a wake.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024