Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... 14:08 - Oct 20 with 9889 viewsportmanking

To pick up at Portman Road, according to some tweets...

What happens if the scarfers can't get to the game? It probably still goes ahead, doesn't it? It's Sky after all.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 14:08]
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:26 - Oct 20 with 5577 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I am probably being cynical but I would be on Sky being the only reason it hasn't been called off at this stage! If they are going to cancel I hope they do so sooner rather than later, although I fear many will have already left for the game.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:26 - Oct 20 with 5586 viewsEastTownBlue

It is more about the pitch itself (referee’s decision) and the conditions surrounding the ground (police and local council). If the supporters were in consideration an early pitch inspection would have been carried out.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:29 - Oct 20 with 5504 viewsWallingford_Boy

Why would they leave 6 hours before kick off?! Can only be a two hour drive from Ippo surely?

RIP Sir Bobby

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 5464 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:29 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Why would they leave 6 hours before kick off?! Can only be a two hour drive from Ippo surely?

Probably about 4 hours in the rain, bearing in mind they will hit traffic the closer it gets to 5pm.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:31 - Oct 20 with 5446 viewsFixed_It

Have you ever been to Ipswich!? Sometimes I do wonder...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:33 - Oct 20 with 5387 viewsSwansea_Blue

Er, it's nearly double that without heavy traffic/sh*t weather/coach driver needing to stop, etc.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:34 - Oct 20 with 5362 viewsFacefacts

If they haven't left yet, they won't get there in time. Assuming a couple of 15 minute stops, it's getting towards a 6 hour journey in this weather
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:35 - Oct 20 with 5338 viewsbluelagos

Now there's a challenge

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:37 - Oct 20 with 5278 viewsEastTownBlue

From some tweets there are still some problems with the coaches.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 14:39]
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:38 - Oct 20 with 5232 viewsWallingford_Boy

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:31 - Oct 20 by Fixed_It

Have you ever been to Ipswich!? Sometimes I do wonder...

Not travelled to Yorkshire from there admittedly, but it’s only three hours from me in south Oxfordshire and you’re a lot further north!

Ok, even if it’s 3-4 hours, I doubt they’d leave at 2pm!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:40 - Oct 20 with 5154 viewsSkip_Intro

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:38 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Not travelled to Yorkshire from there admittedly, but it’s only three hours from me in south Oxfordshire and you’re a lot further north!

Ok, even if it’s 3-4 hours, I doubt they’d leave at 2pm!!

maybe it's something to do with the weather...
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:42 - Oct 20 with 5105 viewsportmanking

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:26 - Oct 20 by EastTownBlue

It is more about the pitch itself (referee’s decision) and the conditions surrounding the ground (police and local council). If the supporters were in consideration an early pitch inspection would have been carried out.

No problems with the pitch at all it seems

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:42 - Oct 20 with 5075 viewsWallingford_Boy

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:40 - Oct 20 by Skip_Intro

maybe it's something to do with the weather...

Rain will just make the coach skid along the motorway even quicker!

30 degrees in Rhodes atm and I’ve got a bar sorted for the match, so it’s best be on!

RIP Sir Bobby

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:42 - Oct 20 with 5077 viewsnoggin

Not gonna be many Town fans there, plus horrible conditions. I hope the team are able to adapt.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:49 - Oct 20 with 4890 viewsIllinoisblue

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:37 - Oct 20 by EastTownBlue

Galloway’s canceled them apparently. Going to be a lot of unhappy people

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:50 - Oct 20 with 4868 viewsLankHenners

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:37 - Oct 20 by EastTownBlue

Seems like Galloways pulled their coaches which has left a few coach loads worth of fans in Ipswich.

Seen some other people say they can't even get towards Rotherham on the train as several services are cancelled.

Going to be mainly people who managed to get there by car at this rate.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:53 - Oct 20 with 4744 viewsPaul

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:50 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

Seems like Galloways pulled their coaches which has left a few coach loads worth of fans in Ipswich.

Seen some other people say they can't even get towards Rotherham on the train as several services are cancelled.

Going to be mainly people who managed to get there by car at this rate.

Proof, if it were ever needed, that the fans mean nothing to the bigwigs.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 4494 viewsIllinoisblue

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:53 - Oct 20 by Paul

Proof, if it were ever needed, that the fans mean nothing to the bigwigs.

What are they supposed to do? Hire canoes or a fleet of helicopters?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 4194 viewsstonojnr

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:00 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Speak to the lot over the road about borrowing a coach or 3?

I don't get how Galloway can just not provide the coaches if people have bought tickets.

If they'd known sooner perhaps people could have worked out other ways to get to Rotherham, but you are basically stuffed finding out at 2pm.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 4178 viewsWallingford_Boy

Who goes to footy on a coach anyway?!

Actually I know the answer to that..

RIP Sir Bobby

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 4183 viewsPlums

Postpone the game early so travel could be avoided. I can still get there but I feel for those from afar when the inevitable early evening postponement happens.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:15 - Oct 20 with 4049 viewsLRB84UK

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:10 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Who goes to footy on a coach anyway?!

Actually I know the answer to that..

Erm....
Those who can't drive
Mobility issues
Families
Games not easy to get to on the train
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:20 - Oct 20 with 3906 viewsBluebell

I am wishing it hadn’t been on Sky and was still on tomorrow as it was in the programme!

At least we would have been able to go to it and the weather would probably be better.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:20 - Oct 20 with 3889 viewsPaul

I'm not blaming the coach company, it's the bigwigs who seem hellbent on getting the game played come what may. Rotherham is under an amber weather warning for heavy rain. It states:
"Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing danger to life"
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=4d111b3

Makes a mockery of the warnings system if it's just ignored.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:20 - Oct 20 with 3885 viewsbrogansnose

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:49 - Oct 20 by Illinoisblue

Galloway’s canceled them apparently. Going to be a lot of unhappy people

Apparently, Galloways struggled to get to PR in the first instance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024