Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... 14:08 - Oct 20 with 9981 viewsportmanking

To pick up at Portman Road, according to some tweets...

What happens if the scarfers can't get to the game? It probably still goes ahead, doesn't it? It's Sky after all.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 14:08]
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:21 - Oct 20 with 2676 viewsVegtablue

There will be fans missing out who haven't missed a match in many, many years because of this. It should have been called off yesterday once the amber-rated disruption was confirmed, certainly by early this morning. Hardly safe for Rotherham fans' let alone 2200-odd Ipswich, which could easily be under 1000 in attendance now. Really poor from those in charge.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:22 - Oct 20 with 2643 viewsnoggin

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:15 - Oct 20 by LRB84UK

Erm....
Those who can't drive
Mobility issues
Families
Games not easy to get to on the train

Yeah but who else?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:24 - Oct 20 with 2599 viewsthe_toff

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:10 - Oct 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Who goes to footy on a coach anyway?!

Actually I know the answer to that..

A lot of supporters who have followed the club home and away and through thick and thin for years.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:25 - Oct 20 with 2597 viewsbluelagos

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:21 - Oct 20 by Vegtablue

There will be fans missing out who haven't missed a match in many, many years because of this. It should have been called off yesterday once the amber-rated disruption was confirmed, certainly by early this morning. Hardly safe for Rotherham fans' let alone 2200-odd Ipswich, which could easily be under 1000 in attendance now. Really poor from those in charge.

If the pitch is playable then I guess it comes down solely to safety of supporters.

Given there are amber weather warnings in the East Mids/Yorks - then am struggling to see how the coaches could travel and/or how the match wasn't postponed when the warning were issued tbh.

Just copied this off the BBC weather page
----------------

A further spell of persistent and at times heavy rain could lead to some disruption from early Friday through to early Saturday.

- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Possible power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:29 - Oct 20 with 2520 viewsgiant_stow

Sorry to but in - none of my business, but suffolk police have called a major incident re the storm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-67163882?ns_mchannel=social&ns_s

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:31 - Oct 20 with 2480 viewsEastTownBlue

Reports on Twitter/X that the River Don has started to flood in Rotherham and in particular a road leading to the ground. There could be a postponement on safety grounds.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:38 - Oct 20 with 2345 viewsVegtablue

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:25 - Oct 20 by bluelagos

If the pitch is playable then I guess it comes down solely to safety of supporters.

Given there are amber weather warnings in the East Mids/Yorks - then am struggling to see how the coaches could travel and/or how the match wasn't postponed when the warning were issued tbh.

Just copied this off the BBC weather page
----------------

A further spell of persistent and at times heavy rain could lead to some disruption from early Friday through to early Saturday.

- Fast flowing or deep floodwater is possible, causing a danger to life
- Homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- Some communities may be cut off by flooded roads
- Delays or cancellations to train and bus services are possible
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- Possible power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses

Yeah amber warnings generally advise the public to avoid travel unless they have to. It's below red obviously and consequently encourages a greater degree of personal judgement, because the risk to life is significantly lower for most, but I'm surprised the emergency services haven't stepped in and taken the choice away from us.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 with 2123 viewsWallingford_Boy

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:15 - Oct 20 by LRB84UK

Erm....
Those who can't drive
Mobility issues
Families
Games not easy to get to on the train

All very good answers.

I rest my case.

RIP Sir Bobby

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 with 2129 viewsPlums

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:38 - Oct 20 by Vegtablue

Yeah amber warnings generally advise the public to avoid travel unless they have to. It's below red obviously and consequently encourages a greater degree of personal judgement, because the risk to life is significantly lower for most, but I'm surprised the emergency services haven't stepped in and taken the choice away from us.

That is what they should have done. I think it's no longer amber but yellow isn't it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/warnings/weather

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 with 2123 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't understand why people think the game would be called off because fans can't make it? So long as the pitch and surrounding areas are okay, then I can't for the life of me see why they'd call it off.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 with 2099 viewsWallingford_Boy

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:24 - Oct 20 by the_toff

A lot of supporters who have followed the club home and away and through thick and thin for years.

And god bless every one of them!

RIP Sir Bobby

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:56 - Oct 20 with 2029 viewsPaul

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 by Plums

That is what they should have done. I think it's no longer amber but yellow isn't it?

Amber warning is in force until 6am tomorrow. It's still raining and it takes longer for the water to move down through the rivers.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:57 - Oct 20 with 2009 viewsnoggin

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:53 - Oct 20 by Kieran_Knows

I don't understand why people think the game would be called off because fans can't make it? So long as the pitch and surrounding areas are okay, then I can't for the life of me see why they'd call it off.

The surrounding areas are not ok

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:57 - Oct 20 with 2002 viewsPlums

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:56 - Oct 20 by Paul

Amber warning is in force until 6am tomorrow. It's still raining and it takes longer for the water to move down through the rivers.

So it's amber and yellow at the same time. How very confusing

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 1982 viewsLankHenners

Seems to be a concern from those in Rotherham that the surrounding areas are rapidly becoming very much not okay.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 1962 viewsPaul

Living 20 minutes away, the surroundings are definitely not okay. But why would the supporters matter eh?
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:01 - Oct 20 with 1898 viewsthe_toff

Many games are called off not due to the pitch, but because the safety of supporters and other civilians is compromised.
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:02 - Oct 20 with 1864 viewsRonFearonsHair

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:57 - Oct 20 by Plums

Perhaps Cambridge's kit manager is in charge of it?
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:03 - Oct 20 with 1826 viewsPaul

Well, quite!
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 1805 viewspointofblue

Amber warning for rain, yellow warning for wind, I think.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:06 - Oct 20 with 1748 viewshomer_123

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:57 - Oct 20 by noggin

The surrounding areas are not ok

Yes but what about the weather?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:06 - Oct 20 with 1741 viewsPlums

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:04 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Amber warning for rain, yellow warning for wind, I think.

Not according to this. The second and fourth from the top are both for rain:

It's a long time since I did my degree in disaster management but this isn't a great system of warning!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 16:07]

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:10 - Oct 20 with 1651 viewsjontysnut

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:58 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

Seems to be a concern from those in Rotherham that the surrounding areas are rapidly becoming very much not okay.

Lots of disruption at Rotherham Central station particularly trams
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:11 - Oct 20 with 1628 viewsBex75

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 14:50 - Oct 20 by LankHenners

Seems like Galloways pulled their coaches which has left a few coach loads worth of fans in Ipswich.

Seen some other people say they can't even get towards Rotherham on the train as several services are cancelled.

Going to be mainly people who managed to get there by car at this rate.

Fools that we are, we left at 11.30am and are still 30 miles away at 4.15pm. The A1 between Peterborough and Newark is SLOW! Flooding across the carriageway and investigatve works following an accident. We fortunately have booked a hotel not far so don't have to drive back in this tonight, whether the game goes ahead or not.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 16:14]
Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 16:14 - Oct 20 with 1537 viewsKieran_Knows

Supporters' coaches haven't arrived yet... on 15:58 - Oct 20 by Paul

Living 20 minutes away, the surroundings are definitely not okay. But why would the supporters matter eh?

More fool you if you think the supporters matter (not just in this situation, but any footballing situation).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024