Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flu vaccine 09:04 - Oct 23 with 2142 viewsRobTheMonk

Anyone feeling particularly rough after it this year?
Flu vaccine on 09:08 - Oct 23 with 2118 viewsChurchman

I didn’t, but my mate felt a bit rubbish for 24 hours.

Varies person to person, I suppose.
Flu vaccine on 09:13 - Oct 23 with 2111 viewsStokieBlue

The Flu vaccine is different to the RNA vaccines, it essentially gives you a watered down version of the flu which your body learns to fight whereas the RNA vaccines get your body to produce a protein which the virus uses in it's spikes.

The first type of vaccines can often make you feel pretty rough, it's not really anything to do with this year or the strain, it's just how your immune system ramps at that particular time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Flu vaccine on 09:53 - Oct 23 with 2006 viewsWickets

Just to say both my Wife and myself had both Covid and Flu and both of us where fine .
Flu vaccine on 10:03 - Oct 23 with 1964 viewsPaul

I had the flu vaccine for the first time this year after receiving a diagnosis earlier in the year which means I am now eligible for it. I've been ill since a few days after I've had it, including having covid and then a week with the worst sore throat I can ever remember having. Not sure if there's any link at all, but so far since having my vaccines I've not been well with persistent cold/flu symptoms.
Flu vaccine on 10:05 - Oct 23 with 1957 viewsGavTWTD

Yes but it wasn't for a few days after, oddly. I had a single day of feeling achey.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Flu vaccine on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 1951 viewsPhilTWTD

I was and brought it up with a doctor when speaking about something else and she thought that was probably why. Had both jabs at the same time, so not sure which it might have been though.
Flu vaccine on 10:13 - Oct 23 with 1930 viewsWeWereZombies

Had both the flu and latest Covid vaccines twelve days ago, sore arm for a couple of days and then felt low at the weekend, despite going away. Not sure if I can put that down to the jabs or being in Aberdeen and Stonehaven. But probably not as a result of being off TWTD for a couple of days.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Flu vaccine on 10:21 - Oct 23 with 1894 viewsStokieBlue

Flu vaccine on 10:11 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

I was and brought it up with a doctor when speaking about something else and she thought that was probably why. Had both jabs at the same time, so not sure which it might have been though.

The long term plan would be to have a single mRNA vaccine which encoded proteins for both flu and covid.

This would have the benefit of being able to encode multiple proteins and thus cover many variants of flu rather than the informed guessing that happens at the moment.

One can think of mRNA vaccines like computer programming. You write the code to tell the body how to produce a protein then you encode that in the mRNA allowing you to do many proteins in a single jab.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Flu vaccine on 11:31 - Oct 23 with 1731 viewsHogger

Flu vaccine on 09:08 - Oct 23 by Churchman

I didn’t, but my mate felt a bit rubbish for 24 hours.

Varies person to person, I suppose.

Me and my good lady had covid and flu at same time with no effects.
Flu vaccine on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 1723 viewsPhilTWTD

Flu vaccine on 10:21 - Oct 23 by StokieBlue

The long term plan would be to have a single mRNA vaccine which encoded proteins for both flu and covid.

This would have the benefit of being able to encode multiple proteins and thus cover many variants of flu rather than the informed guessing that happens at the moment.

One can think of mRNA vaccines like computer programming. You write the code to tell the body how to produce a protein then you encode that in the mRNA allowing you to do many proteins in a single jab.

SB

I was reading about this a while back, mRNA does sound like a game-changer on this front, like a standard vaccine which can be 'tweaked' for specific circumstances, presumably making it easier to deal with new coronaviruses when they develop.
Flu vaccine on 17:13 - Oct 23 with 1455 viewsGeoffSentence

A few people on this thread must be considerably older than I thought they were.

Or considerably younger.

Or pregnant.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Flu vaccine on 17:15 - Oct 23 with 1440 viewsTrequartista

I had a flu vaccine last year and the year before, but don't get one this year - how does that work?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Or they paid for it.... on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 1434 viewsBloots

Flu vaccine on 17:13 - Oct 23 by GeoffSentence

A few people on this thread must be considerably older than I thought they were.

Or considerably younger.

Or pregnant.

...or got it through work.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Flu vaccine on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 1437 viewsKropotkin123

We do an onsite vaccine day at my work for flu, COVID, and tetanus. We had a disproportionately high number of people off work the following day, compared to previous years.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Flu vaccine on 17:51 - Oct 23 with 1385 viewsVic

I’m too young for that yet but I’ve heard of several people say that it’s hit them hard.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Flu vaccine on 17:56 - Oct 23 with 1373 viewsMK1

Had the flu and covid jabs at the same times down the docs. O.K. for the first 12 hours or so, felt pretty rough and achy for about 72 hours after that. Worth it I guess.
Flu vaccine on 17:58 - Oct 23 with 1361 viewsChurchman

Flu vaccine on 17:13 - Oct 23 by GeoffSentence

Or considerably younger.

Or pregnant.

While too close for comfort to the age marker that qualifies me automatically for flu/Covid vaccine, I found that as I spend a few days each fortnight looking after my dad, I could actually get the vaccinations - so I did.
Flu vaccine on 19:19 - Oct 23 with 1284 views765765

No I was ok
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024