Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) 19:32 - Nov 25 with 4677 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 20:13 - Nov 25 with 1503 viewsBABLUE

How to say you’re stupid without saying that you’re stupid.

Well done Frimmers
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 1494 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 20:13 - Nov 25 by BABLUE

How to say you’re stupid without saying that you’re stupid.

Well done Frimmers

That's certainly what I got from his post.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:16 - Nov 25 with 1418 viewsVegtablue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 20:03 - Nov 25 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've not seen a single person saying Burns comes in and the performances immediately shoot up. The guy's been injured. You are clueless.

Yeah Frimley's confused himself again hasn't he lol, when reading comments on the forum that we've missed Wes, which we have: a very different opinion from believing his absence explained 'difficult' individual or team performances, but I can believe Frimley didn't/doesn't recognize that difference.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:27 - Nov 25 with 1402 viewstheinbetweener

Oh just shut up.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:29 - Nov 25 with 1395 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:16 - Nov 25 by Vegtablue

Yeah Frimley's confused himself again hasn't he lol, when reading comments on the forum that we've missed Wes, which we have: a very different opinion from believing his absence explained 'difficult' individual or team performances, but I can believe Frimley didn't/doesn't recognize that difference.

No no

A few went as far as explaining why him being in the side had positive effects on other individual performances.

So yes I do get the difference thank you.

What we have seen is between hutchinson and Burns we have two wingers who have average end products.

Which isn't great in games where you need players to step up.

Hutch however has more of an effect as he has a few tricks up his sleeve and can twist turn and get defenders out of position.
For Burns. He takes on any diag ball or looped ball and tried to find chappers or the stand.

Waka waka eh eh

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:33 - Nov 25 with 1391 viewsMetal_Hacker

You’re really incredible

Always seem to have more to say when it’s either a sketchy performance or a loss

Too much of a coincidence for it to be normal behaviour

Issues

Poll: If it were one or the other

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:39 - Nov 25 with 1377 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:33 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

You’re really incredible

Always seem to have more to say when it’s either a sketchy performance or a loss

Issues

Odd You've done nothing but moan about the number of posts I make despite us winning and performing well since January.

So your post doesn't really make sense.

Waka waka eh eh

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:41 - Nov 25 with 1374 viewsreusersfreekicks

Tedious pointless OP by a poster many are heartily sick off.
Tragic look at me post
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 22:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:42 - Nov 25 with 1371 viewsMetal_Hacker

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:39 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Odd You've done nothing but moan about the number of posts I make despite us winning and performing well since January.

So your post doesn't really make sense.

Just go away little boy ffs

You’re absolutely pointless petal

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 1352 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:42 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

Just go away little boy ffs

You’re absolutely pointless petal

Didn't work out how you hoped did it.

Waka waka eh eh

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:49 - Nov 25 with 1346 viewsMetal_Hacker

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:45 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Didn't work out how you hoped did it.

Sorry , when you say “it” what exactly are you referring to ?

Excuse me for being as dense as yourself

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:49 - Nov 25 with 1347 viewsblueislander

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:33 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

You’re really incredible

Issues

Does it occur to anyone how well WBA played tonight.? I don’t think any team has looked so dominant against us this season, not even Leeds who had a brilliant 20 minutes, but didn’t control the match like they did tonight. Obviously the very early goal gave them confidence, but they were better than us all over the pitch.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 1319 viewsVegtablue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:29 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

No no

A few went as far as explaining why him being in the side had positive effects on other individual performances.

So yes I do get the difference thank you.

What we have seen is between hutchinson and Burns we have two wingers who have average end products.

Which isn't great in games where you need players to step up.

Hutch however has more of an effect as he has a few tricks up his sleeve and can twist turn and get defenders out of position.
For Burns. He takes on any diag ball or looped ball and tried to find chappers or the stand.

Pleasing to hear you're happy with the difference Frimley. I'm sure you can understand why I thought this was at least debatable. Players don't operate in isolation and Burns is generous with his output, particularly in stretching the pitch and in his defensive work, so I can believe you read comments along these lines.

Such comments fall significantly short of what you suggest in your opening posts of course, that you "were told every game prior to Swansea that we didn't perform well because burns was not in the side", but I won't bother asking you to provide links to these comments because I'm confident they don't exist.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 22:13 - Nov 25 with 1300 viewsVegtablue

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:49 - Nov 25 by blueislander

Does it occur to anyone how well WBA played tonight.? I don’t think any team has looked so dominant against us this season, not even Leeds who had a brilliant 20 minutes, but didn’t control the match like they did tonight. Obviously the very early goal gave them confidence, but they were better than us all over the pitch.

It isn't unusual for people to prefer to ruminate over their own deficiencies rather than another's strengths, agreed, but I'm confident West Brom's brilliance today won't have escaped many. As you say they were almost totally unfazed by us today. Had we not conceded early then we may have been less impressed by their attacking qualities, judging by their average shoreline and chance creation, but in organisation they were streets ahead of what we normally face. Physically dominant also and technically superior, which they should be given where we've both come from.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 22:39 - Nov 25 with 1248 viewsNutkins_Return

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 21:49 - Nov 25 by blueislander

Yep. I think most sensible (unlike OP have acknowledged in other posts). The timing of their goals couldn't have worked better for them and they are defensively one of the best. Good team.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 22:44 - Nov 25 with 1230 viewsStewart27

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 19:58 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Because he's extremely overated and as said and the reason for the OP. I was told in no uncertain terms that the only reason for our recent poor performances were down to his absence. It was even said earlier when the team was announced.

Now. Let's all enjoy the evening. 2 home games coming up. Time for KM to dig deep and work out how to maximise us and get that Swansea performance again.

You are really vile.

“I was told in no uncertain terms that the only reason for our recent poor performances were down to his absence”.

Nobody said that. People like me said we missed Burns. We did.

He wasn’t great tonight. But neither was anybody. Top of the sh!t list was Broadhead. Who is also brilliant.

You really aren’t a fan. Actually you are. But you are no supporter.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 22:46 - Nov 25 with 1228 viewsRobTheMonk

I thought his end product was poor today. But the rest of the forwards were all quite poor, although Chappers did have some nice through balls. It was a game for Hutch but unfortunately he was out.

West Brom did a job on us today and I think we’ll need a plan B going forward.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 22:53 - Nov 25 with 1198 viewsStewart27

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 19:58 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Because he's extremely overated and as said and the reason for the OP. I was told in no uncertain terms that the only reason for our recent poor performances were down to his absence. It was even said earlier when the team was announced.

Now. Let's all enjoy the evening. 2 home games coming up. Time for KM to dig deep and work out how to maximise us and get that Swansea performance again.

The more I read this, the more it makes you out to be a total bellend.

But you already know this.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 23:08 - Nov 25 with 1173 viewsCaptainAhab

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 20:00 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Let them. I don't see the benefit in being all preachy positive just for the sake of it.
This is football. You win you lose you draw. You play well you play poor. You play sht. You discuss it. You moan about it. You enjoy it and you love it.

"This is football... You moan about it. You enjoy it..."
You certainly do.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 00:16 - Nov 26 with 1127 viewsEireannach_gorm

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 19:48 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

I was told after every game prior to Swansea that we didn't perform well because burns was not in the side.

Only fair to comment following this one that it wasn't the case.

As people say.. if you're gonna make a comment. Expect comments back.

Maybe you would be more comfurtable in the comments on the news section? There seems to be a few who have wandered in from that area tonight making simelar attempts to create new downvote records.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 00:52 - Nov 26 with 1097 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Have you considered a sponsored football thread silence Frimmers til say the end of the season?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

LOL on 08:30 - Nov 26 with 1037 viewsDyland

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 19:48 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

I was told after every game prior to Swansea that we didn't perform well because burns was not in the side.

Only fair to comment following this one that it wasn't the case.

As people say.. if you're gonna make a comment. Expect comments back.

No one said that though did they. Fans said we miss Burns. Nuance.

Wes isn’t match fit and he looked rusty. He was not the only player underperforming. Got to give WBA credit though, they defended bloody well and absolutely nothing stuck to Hirst, and Chaps n Broad were nowhere in the game. We looked like boys against men physicality and fitness wise, which was surprising.

We also came out on the wrong end of the bounce of the ball, epitomised by the second goal. That’s the breaks , and we’ve been quite lucky in that regard this season so far. Albion took advantage, fair play. It’s not as if they were totally bossing the game though. But they are decent and we were not our usual ebullient selves.

Singling out Burns is silly, but predictable from you.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 08:56 - Nov 26 with 1020 viewsBondiBlue

I've been on this forum for about 25 years and you're about to become the first person i've ever blocked.

Why? I kind of get why people weren't big fans of jermaine wright or cole skuse because they played in teams that got relegated. But burns has been mostly excellent in a team that wins all the time. And you occassionally show signs of not being completely football-illiterate. Which means you're either you're an immature nob or you're on the wind-up, neither of which i have much time for.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 09:09 - Nov 26 with 990 viewsStewart27

Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 08:56 - Nov 26 by BondiBlue

I've been on this forum for about 25 years and you're about to become the first person i've ever blocked.

Why? I kind of get why people weren't big fans of jermaine wright or cole skuse because they played in teams that got relegated. But burns has been mostly excellent in a team that wins all the time. And you occassionally show signs of not being completely football-illiterate. Which means you're either you're an immature nob or you're on the wind-up, neither of which i have much time for.

A record amount of people have him on ignore. Sometimes I feel sorry for him. Like the kid who gets bullied at school. But this thread just brings back the fact that he actually is like a kid in a playground and he deserves all the stick he gets.
Good to see burns return brought the performances back to top level. (n/t) on 09:14 - Nov 26 with 983 viewsMK1

You see, you tell people you want to have conversations about football and that we should all engage, then you come out with this rubbish. We are going to lose football matches. Players are not going to be at their best every game. It happens, which, if you knew anything about football, you would know will happen from time to time. When (if) it happens every game, fair enough, but just give it a rest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024