Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way 12:04 - Dec 12 with 1802 views_clive_baker_

Oh what fun it is to see Ipswich win away, hey!

Team for tonight then? I shall go:

Hladky
Williams Tuanzebe Burgess Davis
Morsy Luongo
Burns Chaplin Hutchinson
Hirst

Wonder who / what these niggles are that KM referred to though. Hopefully nothing too serious.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:15 - Dec 12 with 1613 viewsportmanking

That's exactly the team I'd go for.

Keeps Wolfie, Broady and Clarke fresh. I was concerned about Clarke at one point at Boro - he all of a sudden looked like he couldn't run. I think it was when Latte-Lath had that golden chance in the first half. He just looked like his hamstring or something went, but then was sprinting again within 30 seconds. I still wonder if he's managing that achilles issue...
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:17 - Dec 12 with 1599 viewstractorboy1978

The team I'd pick too. I think Clarke is going to start on Saturday as Williams is going to be a ticking time bomb, and frankly us going down to 10 is the only hope they have of stopping us winning.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:21 - Dec 12 with 1565 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:32 - Dec 12 with 1490 viewsFixed_It

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:21 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

If that happens we'll lose.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 1473 viewsIllinoisblue

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

It’s time for your medication, frimmers!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 1469 viewsThe_Snake

I think he may start Harness ahead of Hutchinson, otherwise reckon you're not too far out.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:42 - Dec 12 with 1427 viewsKieran_Knows

Hladky
Williams Tuanzebe Burgess Davis
Taylor Luongo
Burns Chaplin Hutchinson
Hirst

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:47 - Dec 12 with 1382 viewsNthQldITFC

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

Are you mad?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:52 - Dec 12 with 1363 views_clive_baker_

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

Disgusting
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 13:02 - Dec 12 with 1326 viewsDarkBrandon

Davis, Morsy, Chaplin and Hirst must be all getting a bit weary heading into this insanely busy spell.

They’ll be running on fumes by the time we play Stoke.

I guess Morsy will have an enforced two game rest soon anyway. I’d like to find away of resting the others, but it is nigh on impossible to do without weakening us.

Do we just continue picking them?
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 13:17 - Dec 12 with 1269 viewsBigCommon

Didn't Burns take a stamp on his foot at Boro'? Looked like a sore one at the time. I was wondering if that could be one of the knocks and bruises KM mentioned?
Talk of rotation also mentioned.. Got a feeling there may be 1 or 2 surprise starters. With a very strong bench.

Hladky
Clarke Axel Burgess Leif
Morsy Luongo
Hutch Chaplin Harness
Hirst

Walton, Williams Fridge?,Taylor, Broadhead, Burns Scarlett,Jackson, Ladapo

Woolfy rested or on the bench for Fridge.... Burns in for Hutch, if fit.
Utter guess work. Given the "squad use" comments from KM.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 13:53 - Dec 12 with 1203 viewslizzibee

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

Can't see Ladapo ahead of Hirst.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:00 - Dec 12 with 1186 viewsN2_Blue

Think it’s more just to prepare the fans for a bit of rotation with 3 tough games in a week and keep the oppo guessing.. I think your team is about right. Axel will play, Williams will play and Luongo wil play after missing the last game but can see see another fresh starter such as Jackson

I love Broady but perhaps a game to try him from the bench, he’d be raring to go if we need something from it. He sometimes seems to play better when we need something or are chasing the game like Cardiff home and think we all know he’s not quite firing at his best currently. He’s had a lot of minutes recently with the internationals too.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:06 - Dec 12 with 1152 viewsBent_double

Whatever the team is, please, please no injuries or stupid bookings, that's all I ask.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:36 - Dec 12 with 1072 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:47 - Dec 12 by NthQldITFC

Are you mad?

You need to ask ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:47 - Dec 12 with 1051 viewsFrimleyBlue

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 12:47 - Dec 12 by NthQldITFC

Are you mad?

Just using players who've had first team games this season for a fixture where we may need to use the squad based on KMs interview.

We don't know who or how many are potentially struggling. We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat etc

Burns got stood on. Clarke pulled up slightly
Broadhead lacks sharpness
Morsy 1 card away from suspension.
Etc etc

It's not a nice looking starting 11 no. But it's a squad game after all.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 14:51]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:49 - Dec 12 with 1052 views_clive_baker_

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:00 - Dec 12 by N2_Blue

Think it’s more just to prepare the fans for a bit of rotation with 3 tough games in a week and keep the oppo guessing.. I think your team is about right. Axel will play, Williams will play and Luongo wil play after missing the last game but can see see another fresh starter such as Jackson

I love Broady but perhaps a game to try him from the bench, he’d be raring to go if we need something from it. He sometimes seems to play better when we need something or are chasing the game like Cardiff home and think we all know he’s not quite firing at his best currently. He’s had a lot of minutes recently with the internationals too.

I imagine there will certainly be some rotation, especially having travelled up to Boro and back and again tonight. Been a bit unfortunate with these double away headers at Sheff / Southampton and Boro / Watford. Hopefully the result tonight is as good as the one at St Mary's.
"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:38 - Dec 12 with 892 viewsDyland

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 14:47 - Dec 12 by FrimleyBlue

Just using players who've had first team games this season for a fixture where we may need to use the squad based on KMs interview.

We don't know who or how many are potentially struggling. We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat etc

Burns got stood on. Clarke pulled up slightly
Broadhead lacks sharpness
Morsy 1 card away from suspension.
Etc etc

It's not a nice looking starting 11 no. But it's a squad game after all.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2023 14:51]

No chance he doesn't play Morsy if he's 100% fit.

As someone commented the other day, Sam is going to be suspended for two games sooner rather than later and "protecting" him means we lose him for three instead of two. All things considered (who we are playing) it's best to keep playing him while we can and try and get maximum points each game and deal with his absence when we have to.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 16:45 - Dec 12 with 876 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hladky
Williams
Wolfenden
Edmundson
Davis

Jackson
Taylor
Luongo

Chaplin
Hutchinson

Ladapo

Wes

Wes Wes Wes Wes
Wes Wes
Wes
Wes Wes
Wes

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:47 - Dec 12 with 868 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:38 - Dec 12 by Dyland

As someone commented the other day, Sam is going to be suspended for two games sooner rather than later and "protecting" him means we lose him for three instead of two. All things considered (who we are playing) it's best to keep playing him while we can and try and get maximum points each game and deal with his absence when we have to.

I would be VERY surprised if this isn't KM's thinking. Other things aside, like 'niggles' and freshness, he surely has to name the best side he can. He'll have a plan for a bit of rotation through the busy spell of games, but we've never seen Morsy be part of that sort of rotation in the past.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 838 viewsSomethingBlue

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:38 - Dec 12 by Dyland

Absolutely. Tonight is one of our toughest games of the season – as I suspect we'll have discovered in a few hours' time, to be honest – so he plays if fit, can't go second-guessing things like yellow cards.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Also Hirst on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 838 viewsDyland

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:47 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

I would be VERY surprised if this isn't KM's thinking. Other things aside, like 'niggles' and freshness, he surely has to name the best side he can. He'll have a plan for a bit of rotation through the busy spell of games, but we've never seen Morsy be part of that sort of rotation in the past.

Hirst and Morsy are essential to how we play innit, we don't look quite the part without either. Ladders will probs start a game eventually, and it's a bit hit and miss whcih version turns up. Perfectly adequate backup when on form, but he's a little inconsistent.

It feels a bit West Brom... (n/t) on 16:56 - Dec 12 with 834 viewsDyland

"We don't know if he will want to protect morsy or not for sat" on 16:54 - Dec 12 by SomethingBlue

Absolutely. Tonight is one of our toughest games of the season – as I suspect we'll have discovered in a few hours' time, to be honest – so he plays if fit, can't go second-guessing things like yellow cards.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 17:00 - Dec 12 with 815 viewsDyland

Jingle Bells
Norwich smells
The budgies flew away
Oh what fun it is to be
An Ipswich fan today

I'll get me coat...

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way on 18:18 - Dec 12 with 711 viewsGlasgowBlue

Burns looked like he was limping at the end of the Boro game so he may be one of those with a niggle and rested for Saturday.

I'd go with Morsy and Luongo but I have a feeling that KM may leave Morsy out and play Dom Ball instead.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024