Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook back to the Championship? 17:05 - Dec 20 with 6652 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 17:11 - Dec 20 with 4884 viewsPlums

Seems an odd choice. I'd have thought Luke Williams at Notts County would have been on their list although there were noises about Swansea sniffing around Meadow Lane.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 18:16 - Dec 20 with 4494 viewsgainsboroughblue

Would be quite funny in the sense that they were saying on PASOTI that they didn't want anymore Scousers in light of the last two managerial departures.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 18:39 - Dec 20 with 4335 viewsrgp1

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 18:16 - Dec 20 by gainsboroughblue

Would be quite funny in the sense that they were saying on PASOTI that they didn't want anymore Scousers in light of the last two managerial departures.

Not even Harry and Paul?
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:30 - Dec 20 with 4087 viewspafcprogs

No chance I would have thought

Hallett believes the value is in young coaches who can work with a data driven recruitment team

So far we have traded two promotion winning coaches for a profit of just over a million. Less whatever we have to pay for who we do appoint.

I quite like Cook as a person but he is about as far from the picture of who we might appoint as y oh can imagine.

Same reason that Moany Tony is not a likely candidate despite having a fair few admirers.

There will be a list of potential candidates. It’s a much better gig now and whoever we do appoint will be allowed to make mistakes.

Timing is crap but that’s the January window for you. I understand the motivation for the move and I think given this was the third time already this season he had been interested in the other club approach or possibility after swans and Bristol I suspect the bird decided to milk the compo and get on with something that was going to happen anyway.

Saw a post you might be in for stansfield on the Birmingham site. Smart if true He’d be a good fit for you.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:41 - Dec 20 with 3997 viewsNutkins_Return

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:30 - Dec 20 by pafcprogs

Hallett believes the value is in young coaches who can work with a data driven recruitment team

So far we have traded two promotion winning coaches for a profit of just over a million. Less whatever we have to pay for who we do appoint.

I quite like Cook as a person but he is about as far from the picture of who we might appoint as y oh can imagine.

Same reason that Moany Tony is not a likely candidate despite having a fair few admirers.

There will be a list of potential candidates. It’s a much better gig now and whoever we do appoint will be allowed to make mistakes.

Timing is crap but that’s the January window for you. I understand the motivation for the move and I think given this was the third time already this season he had been interested in the other club approach or possibility after swans and Bristol I suspect the bird decided to milk the compo and get on with something that was going to happen anyway.

Saw a post you might be in for stansfield on the Birmingham site. Smart if true He’d be a good fit for you.

Good post and I'd agree. Really well run club.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:41 - Dec 20 with 3988 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I hope so for your sake!

I am somewhat surprised you haven't been doing better so far this season. Of course, I didn't expect us to do as well as we are, but you were able to stay ahead of us last season and off the back of a very good previous one too. I expected you to be closer to a play-off spot than a relegation one. I hope the next manager gets you closer to the play-offs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:47 - Dec 20 with 3953 viewsGuthrum

Can't see Cook being a good fit with you. He was (IMO) far too rigid here in formation and tactics which just weren't working very well. He's not a bad manager and seems like a decent bloke, might work out at Plymouth. But I have my doubts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:51 - Dec 20 with 3932 viewsPhilTWTD

Definitely something in the interest, from what I'm reliably informed, but think it's unlikely he'd go.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:05 - Dec 20 with 3692 viewsStewart27

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 19:47 - Dec 20 by Guthrum

Can't see Cook being a good fit with you. He was (IMO) far too rigid here in formation and tactics which just weren't working very well. He's not a bad manager and seems like a decent bloke, might work out at Plymouth. But I have my doubts.

Not sure what makes him a good manager.

But surely he goes down as our worst ever?
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:13 - Dec 20 with 3649 views66notout

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:05 - Dec 20 by Stewart27

Paul Lambert is out on his own as the worst-ever Town manager and don’t forget that some of Cook’s signings are still doing the business here.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:29 - Dec 20 with 3546 viewsyorkshireblue

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 18:16 - Dec 20 by gainsboroughblue

Skybet have Leighton Baines as favourite… he’s from Kirkby which is about as close to Liverpool as you can be without actually being Liverpool.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 22:11 - Dec 20 with 3398 viewspafcprogs

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:29 - Dec 20 by yorkshireblue

Skybet have Leighton Baines as favourite… he’s from Kirkby which is about as close to Liverpool as you can be without actually being Liverpool.

Currently some noise over the manager of tromso!!!

Yep. Me neither !

But much more in the mould of our chairman’s ideas.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 00:27 - Dec 21 with 3062 viewsGuthrum

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:13 - Dec 20 by 66notout

Paul Lambert is out on his own as the worst-ever Town manager and don’t forget that some of Cook’s signings are still doing the business here.

Hmm. I'm more inclined to give Roy Keane that accolade, considering the long-term effects of the damage he did - including wasting the best of Marcus Evans' money pot.

Paul Hurst another close contender, took us from "declining gently" to "relegation bound".

Compared with those, Cook struggled in an already poor situation, was too rigid and failed. But at least some of his recruitment was pretty decent. Plus his prior record wasn't bad either (however much might have been down to Leam Richardson).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 04:48 - Dec 21 with 2886 viewsIPS_wich

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 21:05 - Dec 20 by Stewart27

This has been done before - but Cook isn't even close to being in our worst three managers. Keane, Hurst, Lambert and McGiven are all worse for different reasons.

Cook very similar to Jewell - a likeable scouse who delivered garbage on the field - but at least Cook did it with some very astute signings who are now performing like rock stars - whereas Jewell did it with a combination of lousy signings and overpaid loanees.

But - back to Plymouth - I genuinely don't think Cook is a good fit for them and would fear for them if he did go there. Despite the animosity that many of their fans developed for us last year I have a genuine respect for what they achieved last year and would far rather see them thrive in the Championship than some of the other teams in the bottom 10.

I also really like Schumacher and would hate to see him chewed up and spat out like so many other Stoke managers.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 07:58 - Dec 21 with 2686 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 00:27 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

Hmm. I'm more inclined to give Roy Keane that accolade, considering the long-term effects of the damage he did - including wasting the best of Marcus Evans' money pot.

Paul Hurst another close contender, took us from "declining gently" to "relegation bound".

Compared with those, Cook struggled in an already poor situation, was too rigid and failed. But at least some of his recruitment was pretty decent. Plus his prior record wasn't bad either (however much might have been down to Leam Richardson).

Glad to see the brains of the board agrees with me! When anyone disagrees in future I'll just lay down "Guthers agrees with me" like it's a royal flush!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 08:41 - Dec 21 with 2550 viewspositivity

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 00:27 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

and don't forget the signings:- chaplin, walton, morsy etc are a much better legacy than some managers left us with.

far from the best, but way off the worst as well!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 08:49 - Dec 21 with 2508 viewsSE1blue

Isn’t Devon all about tea and scones and not tea in a styrofoam cup?

Bet Cook’s a jam before clotted cream guy too.

He’ll never fit in.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:00 - Dec 21 with 2469 viewsBiGDonnie

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 08:41 - Dec 21 by positivity

and don't forget the signings:- chaplin, walton, morsy etc are a much better legacy than some managers left us with.

far from the best, but way off the worst as well!

Cook was worst for me. Utterly useless with a ridiculous squad compared to our competitors. All the others did it in the Championship too.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:00 - Dec 21 with 2469 viewsyorkshireblue

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 22:11 - Dec 20 by pafcprogs

Currently some noise over the manager of tromso!!!

Yep. Me neither !

But much more in the mould of our chairman’s ideas.

I'll say the same thing I said to my with when Tromso was on Race Across The World... The only thing I know about Tromso is that back in the day Morten Gamst Pedersen was an absolute steal from their youth team on Championship Manager.
Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:13 - Dec 21 with 2410 viewspositivity

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:00 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

Cook was worst for me. Utterly useless with a ridiculous squad compared to our competitors. All the others did it in the Championship too.

everyone since burley failed in the championship.

i'd argue that failing in the championship without a legacy is worse. it' also telling that he's the only one of our ex-managers still in a job!

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:14 - Dec 21 with 2403 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:00 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

In what way did Lambert and Hurst "do it in the Championship"?!

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 2338 viewsWeWereZombies

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 08:49 - Dec 21 by SE1blue

Isn’t Devon all about tea and scones and not tea in a styrofoam cup?

Bet Cook’s a jam before clotted cream guy too.

He’ll never fit in.

I can't really see Cook ordering a cream tea, but if there was one left over on an adjacent table I wouldn't put it past him to dip a chip in the jam or cream just to see what the effect was...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:38 - Dec 21 with 2330 viewsBiGDonnie

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:14 - Dec 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

In what way did Lambert and Hurst "do it in the Championship"?!

They all had similar win percentages, but Cook did it against lesser sides.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:45 - Dec 21 with 2294 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:38 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

That's not what I asked though. You said the others "did it in the Championship". Hurst turned us from a Champ team into a League 1 team almost overnight, and got 1 win in his tenure (a spawny win as well). Lambert came into that mess, already well adrift at the bottom.

Part of Cook's poor return was before he bombed out that carp, and he left us with some decent players. The other two didn't.

But Roy Keane is the worst because he had the most of Evans' money, spunked it up the wall, and we were in a trajectory towards League 1 (after arrogantly saying top 6 was easy). Keane started the rot.

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:55 - Dec 21 with 2261 viewspositivity

Paul Cook back to the Championship? on 09:38 - Dec 21 by BiGDonnie

if you're talking win percentages, surely hurst is far worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024