Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency 23:19 - Dec 29 with 7573 viewsdanchances22

I have just had a message from my friend who has told me that unfortunately the incident in the SAR lower is a relative and that they have sadly lost their life. Thoughts go out to all those friends and family and to all those who have witnessed those distressing scenes tonight. Rest in peace :(
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:20 - Dec 29 with 7480 viewspointofblue

Thought that may be the case when reading the club statement - the omission was stark.

Such sad news. :(

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 7444 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oh no. What an awful end to an amazing year at Portman Road. That's really made me sad.

RIP fellow blue.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 7251 viewsdavblue

Ah sh1t that’s terrible news, I had wondered if something bad had happened as the paramedics were holding up a cloth to protect the players from seeing the person.

My condolences to the family, terribly sad at any time of the year but over Christmas it’s even worse.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 7238 viewsPlums

Really sorry to hear this. Nobody should go to football and not go home.
My thoughts with their family and friends.
RIP

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:38 - Dec 29 with 7069 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Awful news.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 6982 viewsloyalfan

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:38 - Dec 29 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Awful news.

Very sad news indeed. Thoughts with the family.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:43 - Dec 29 with 6930 viewsitfcbam

Very sad and awful news. Wanted to throttle some in Magners (as was) stand. Why do people have to get their bloody phones out and take pics / videos of what was obviously something tragic unfolding. Sad enditement of society and those supporters are an embarrassment to the club.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 6873 viewsRyorry

Absolutely dreadful.

R.I.P. fellow blue, Thoughts with their family & friends.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

If true, then that is incredibly sad.... on 23:50 - Dec 29 with 6745 viewsBloots

....it was a harrowing and upsetting enough experience from my position directly above it, I cannot think what it was like for the family themselves.

Some people close to the incident didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, out of respect I won't go into any detail.

My thoughts go entirely to the family and friends who were there, of which I understand there were 4 generations present tonight.

A truly horrible experience for anyone to endure.

I don't know what else to say.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:51 - Dec 29 with 6687 viewsWoolfenthen

so so sad, RIP
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:34 - Dec 30 with 6273 viewsBlueBadger

Tonight's medical emergency. by BlueBadger 30 Dec 2023 0:31
I didn't witness it because [insert what seem like a dark joke in context about my ITFC attendance record here - actual reason} I'm on nights, and am catching up with results and fallout on my break

I will say this as someone who is employed and trained to attend and lead medical emergencies.

If you've witnessed or been directly involved -

If you have been upset, struggling to deal with what you've seen or are feeling generally unsettled/feel like you're never going to sleep again then that's this is normal response to what you've experienced and/or seen.

Medical emergencies are horrible to experience, see, be involved with and manage. Without getting into specifics(because I don't know what happened and to enquire what did would be grossly insensitive at absolute best) -

If what you've seen and/or heard about this evening has caused you upset and/or distress know this - what you are feeling is normal, real and entirely fine, you have witnessed/experienced something unusual and upsetting.
- It upsets us professionals too, there's a degree of peer and external support but it never stops being upsetting

Polite, confidential PM's welcome here.

If you feel like you want to and could do more, Or, if you're struggling with what you've seen(either response is entirely fine) here's some helpful links -

https://www.resus.org.uk/public-resource/how-do-cpr

https://www.sja.org.uk/courses/

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/helplines-listening-services/

Stay safe and well everyone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 6179 viewsWhos_blue

Oh no.

So sad for all involved.

Great post from Badger BTW.

I remember helping an elderly fella who collapsed outside the ground a few years ago. Stuff like that is never nice.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:51 - Dec 30 with 6046 viewsloftboy

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:39 - Dec 30 by Whos_blue

Oh no.

So sad for all involved.

Great post from Badger BTW.

I remember helping an elderly fella who collapsed outside the ground a few years ago. Stuff like that is never nice.

So sad RIP.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:55 - Dec 30 with 6017 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:43 - Dec 29 by itfcbam

Very sad and awful news. Wanted to throttle some in Magners (as was) stand. Why do people have to get their bloody phones out and take pics / videos of what was obviously something tragic unfolding. Sad enditement of society and those supporters are an embarrassment to the club.

I’d have clattered ever single on of the feckers and slung their phones onto the pitch.
C£nts

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:58 - Dec 30 with 5972 viewsBlue_Order

Very sad. RIP.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 3987 viewslizzibee

SO awful. No one should go to a game of football and not return home. It was evident very early on it was a serious matter and a massive well done to the medics, police and stewards for how they responded and the respect from other fans including QPR. The claps for them from all, including players, goes to show how amazing those group of people are.
Seems the outcome wasn't good and my condolences to all who know her and those who experienced it.
Once a Blue Always a Blue
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 14:16 - Dec 30 with 3700 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

RIP
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 14:49 - Dec 30 with 3533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:31 - Dec 29 by Plums

Really sorry to hear this. Nobody should go to football and not go home.
My thoughts with their family and friends.
RIP

RIP. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

A flip side to that sentiment is that at least they were somewhere they enjoyed being and watching our side in prime position for promotion back to the Premier League.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 15:01 - Dec 30 with 3426 viewsTheBoyBlue

So sad. Feared the worst by the body language of those involved, but was hoping for the best.

RIP.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 18:07 - Dec 30 with 2654 viewsUffordBlue

RIP to a fellow blue. Thoughts firmly with their family & friends plus those who witnessed the events unfolding.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 18:27 - Dec 30 with 2478 viewsITFC_Forever

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 23:31 - Dec 29 by davblue

Ah sh1t that’s terrible news, I had wondered if something bad had happened as the paramedics were holding up a cloth to protect the players from seeing the person.

My condolences to the family, terribly sad at any time of the year but over Christmas it’s even worse.

Think it was to stop anyone seeing, not just the players.

RIP fellow blue.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 19:59 - Dec 30 with 2185 viewsNeedhamChris

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 00:55 - Dec 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’d have clattered ever single on of the feckers and slung their phones onto the pitch.
C£nts

I don't think in the circumstances this thread should be about what they say thet would have done in the circumstances, let's try and keep it respectful. Don't disagree on the inappropriateness of recording it - but it's a societal issue as more and more common.

Tragic evening, there is a part of me that wonders whether it's right to continue in those circumstances as for anyone around it must have been so upsetting. The second half felt quite surreal given the half time scenes.

RIP fellow blue - too many making that journey recently. Thoughts with family and friends

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 21:12 - Dec 30 with 1971 viewsMK1

My sympathy and thoughts go out to their family and friends.
Sir Alf Ramsey medical emergency on 21:25 - Dec 30 with 1875 viewsGogs

it was bloody awful, I must say. I saw the initial commotion in the concourse in lower Sir Alf, then the poor person was brought down just to the right of where I sit. I couldn't watch as the stretcher came past. RIP fellow Town fan, and best wishes to their nearest and dearest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024