Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... 23:12 - Jan 4 with 8125 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shame on you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:50 - Jan 5 with 977 viewsNutkins_Return

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 09:54 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Israel's mission goes way beyond Hamas, or so their actions and words would very very firmly suggest...

Does it? I disagree.

They've shown on numerous occasions that they will make attempts to lesson civilian casualties etc. Palestinians have told of the calls they receive to get out of buildings and warnings etc. They are going after Hamas and who can blame them.

However!! I don't accept they have done enough and I don't accept the loss of life to civilians. I can understand it because Hamas have done everything possible to protect themselves in amongst civilians. But the loss of life and suffering is too much.

But walking in Israel shoes I have not. I can only imagine the anger/pain based on what Hamas did to them on that recent day.

The whole situation is so complex and based on so much troubles history. It's beyond repair.

The original post is unfair as so few understand the situation. Hamas' actions were pure evil. Pure evil! Israel have shown some restraint and have taken actions to limit civilian casualties. For me not enough. Their actions have been far more humane than Hamas, but the scale is also much higher. Not a lot of right in this war.
[Post edited 5 Jan 14:51]
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:53 - Jan 5 with 961 viewsgiant_stow

I have to say Bankster, all posts like this do is sow discord. Whatever you think about the Israeli state, or the rights an wrongs of this conflict, do you think anyone over there gives a fck about what you, I or anyone else on this board thinks? Its really immaterial who stays silent or speaks out Even those massive protests in London or around the world mean nothing... jack sh1t to the powers involved.
[Post edited 5 Jan 14:54]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:04 - Jan 5 with 912 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:43 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

There have been lots of protests in the UK about the atrocities in Syria and Yemen too, so I’m not sure that tells us an awful lot.

Give over Swansea, you’re living in fantasy land. It tells us everything, before a shot had been fired in retaliation after Hamas had butchered innocents there were protests outside the Israeli embassy, just think about that for a moment. Imagine if there were protests outside the U.S. embassy on September 12th 2001.

If you’re going to try and tell me there was the same outrage on the streets about Syria/Yemen as there was in London and other places since last October then you’re just being very dishonest.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:06]
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:11 - Jan 5 with 855 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:43 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

There have been lots of protests in the UK about the atrocities in Syria and Yemen too, so I’m not sure that tells us an awful lot.

The protests in the UK regarding Syria were organised by the Stop The War Coalition and were aimed at the USA and the UK. Not against the Assad regime, which was launching chemical attacks against their own civilian population.

STWC even banned actual Syrians from joining their marches.

https://www.newarab.com/opinion/stop-war-coalition-tells-syrians-leave-march

At other meetings Syrians were stopped from speaking. It was very much anti west rather than condemning Assad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0376ds9?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc

You should read Peter Tatchell on this.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:15 - Jan 5 with 851 viewslowhouseblue

jeez, what a thing to bait people about. trolling at its nastiest.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:17 - Jan 5 with 843 viewsRyorry

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 11:18 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

From recent election results, direct voter support for Netanyahu appears to be only around 25%. However he can rely on certain hard-line parties (with fanatical, if small, supporter bases and whose demands he has no bother about allowing) to get him just over the line.

Thanks for the info, DJR too.

The PR voting system in Israel not doing democracy any favours either.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:20 - Jan 5 with 832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:53 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

I have to say Bankster, all posts like this do is sow discord. Whatever you think about the Israeli state, or the rights an wrongs of this conflict, do you think anyone over there gives a fck about what you, I or anyone else on this board thinks? Its really immaterial who stays silent or speaks out Even those massive protests in London or around the world mean nothing... jack sh1t to the powers involved.

I would love to hear the rationale of anybody that still believes there should not be an immediate and sustained ceasefire and also how they ever believed we would not end up where we are now.
Regarding your wider point...doesn't it make you wonder why we hand our power to those who care not a jot for what we think.

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:23 - Jan 5 with 821 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:15 - Jan 5 by lowhouseblue

jeez, what a thing to bait people about. trolling at its nastiest.

Nope, what is nasty is seeing GB throwing around his usual accusations of antisemitism which you and his merry band appear entirely comfortable with. (And this he still does despite my informing him of my 1/4 Jewish heritage.)

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:25 - Jan 5 with 811 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:11 - Jan 5 by GlasgowBlue

The protests in the UK regarding Syria were organised by the Stop The War Coalition and were aimed at the USA and the UK. Not against the Assad regime, which was launching chemical attacks against their own civilian population.

STWC even banned actual Syrians from joining their marches.

https://www.newarab.com/opinion/stop-war-coalition-tells-syrians-leave-march

At other meetings Syrians were stopped from speaking. It was very much anti west rather than condemning Assad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0376ds9?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc

You should read Peter Tatchell on this.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:13]

Yes that as well! Incredible really.
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:25 - Jan 5 with 799 viewsRyorry

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:53 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

I might be wrong, but suspect he's just trying to keep the topic at the front of our minds.

As if he needed to, with it daily being at the top end of all the news, as it has been for months now.

Personally, I feel the need of a break from it now & then (and I know I'm lucky to be able to do that) for the sake of my MH; unfortunately you can't help but see these threads when they're new or if you're logged out, even if you've chosen to hide them.
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:27]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:28 - Jan 5 with 788 viewsblueasfook

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:23 - Jan 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nope, what is nasty is seeing GB throwing around his usual accusations of antisemitism which you and his merry band appear entirely comfortable with. (And this he still does despite my informing him of my 1/4 Jewish heritage.)

I can see you joining Koonters on the naughty step the way you are going.

If you're wise, you'll quit it.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:29 - Jan 5 with 780 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:25 - Jan 5 by Ryorry

I might be wrong, but suspect he's just trying to keep the topic at the front of our minds.

As if he needed to, with it daily being at the top end of all the news, as it has been for months now.

Personally, I feel the need of a break from it now & then (and I know I'm lucky to be able to do that) for the sake of my MH; unfortunately you can't help but see these threads when they're new or if you're logged out, even if you've chosen to hide them.

Day after day of reading about another family, usually mostly children, blown apart by the IDF and people on here talk about trolling!!

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:33 - Jan 5 with 767 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:23 - Jan 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Says the guy that kept popping up on the thread specifically about Jewish hate crimes and wouldn’t shut up about Israeli foreign policy even after being told about ten times by different posters to leave it. Oh yeah, you then had multiple inflammatory posts deleted on said thread.
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 751 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 13:55 - Jan 5 by ford6600

The 'silent majority' reflects the balanced view of the majority, obviously two sides to
this sorry situation. The history of the area is very complex, current 'fashionable' anti-Israeli
sentiment especially among young people is fueled by media headlines and a superficial
one-sided understanding of this history. Hamas (Iran) through their extreme violence have
brought destruction down on ordinary law abiding Gazans. Perhaps demonstrations in the
West should be against Hamas and for peaceful two-state solution. Hamas leaders live in luxury abroad, my sister taught at a Toronto school, a multi millionaire Hamas leaders children wore the most expensive designer clothes and commented on other childrens poorer clothing. Hundreds of millions of dollars of UN money is poured into Gaza have the Hamas leadership any incentive to bring peace to Gaza?

Anit Israel sentiment is not just among young people and is based on actions and information, not headlines, which largely favour Israel in this country because the majority of the press are supporters of the conservative party...
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 739 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:43 - Jan 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You absolute clown!

Cracking argument. Well done.
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:40 - Jan 5 with 727 viewsredrickstuhaart

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:50 - Jan 5 by Nutkins_Return

Does it? I disagree.

They've shown on numerous occasions that they will make attempts to lesson civilian casualties etc. Palestinians have told of the calls they receive to get out of buildings and warnings etc. They are going after Hamas and who can blame them.

However!! I don't accept they have done enough and I don't accept the loss of life to civilians. I can understand it because Hamas have done everything possible to protect themselves in amongst civilians. But the loss of life and suffering is too much.

But walking in Israel shoes I have not. I can only imagine the anger/pain based on what Hamas did to them on that recent day.

The whole situation is so complex and based on so much troubles history. It's beyond repair.

The original post is unfair as so few understand the situation. Hamas' actions were pure evil. Pure evil! Israel have shown some restraint and have taken actions to limit civilian casualties. For me not enough. Their actions have been far more humane than Hamas, but the scale is also much higher. Not a lot of right in this war.
[Post edited 5 Jan 14:51]

Are you serious? They have displaced hundreds of thousands, killed tens of thousands, indiscriminately, have blockaded fundamental supplies and are now outwardly admitting that the only solution for them is one state- their state. They keep telling people to move into areas too small to accomodate them, with no sanitation, food or medical care, and then bomb those areas anyway.

They are even talking about how to get the palestinians to move out!
[Post edited 5 Jan 15:42]
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:15 - Jan 5 with 660 viewsDJR

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:25 - Jan 5 by Ryorry

Thanks for your earlier comment, Ryorry.

As it is, I tend to switch off when threads (as they have here) turn into infighting and point scoring, with old enmities to the fore, and very little in the way of constructive debate.
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:16 - Jan 5 with 654 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:38 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Cracking argument. Well done.

The complexity of this situation is stark but the fact that Israeli is constantly made out to be pure evil is correctly characterized by well by Ford above. It’s fashionable with the superficial narrative it out there.

You can go back to the camp David summit of 2000 that Arafat rejected.

Even if you ask yourself a few of these questions in the last twenty years.

-Who exactly is around the other side of the table right now to negotiate with Israel?
-What would happen tomorrow if both sides completely de-armed?
-What did Israel do in 2005?
-Who took over the Palestinian authority in 2007?
-Who issued 18,000 work permits allowing Palestinians cross into Israel and earn about 15 times their salary? I don’t think 18k were crossing the Egyptian border for work.

Hamas is pure evil and keeping their own people down, they want violence and war. Israel has the air power to completely obliterate the Gaza Strip if it wanted to. So to suggest it’s deliberately targeting and killing as many civilians as they can is complete nonsense. The amount of civilian deathis not in anyway acceptable to me either but the notion this is all one sided ethnic cleansing and only Israel can end this is not true.

Was there a ceasefire on October 6th?
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:16 - Jan 5 with 652 viewsford6600

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 15:36 - Jan 5 by redrickstuhaart

Anit Israel sentiment is not just among young people and is based on actions and information, not headlines, which largely favour Israel in this country because the majority of the press are supporters of the conservative party...

Demonstrating outside the Israeli Embassy after 1,200 innocent people have been murdered reveals how ignorant the demonstrators are of the complex history and issues involved.
Where was this 'rent-a-mob' in 2003, when the last Jew left Libya. Jews had lived in Libya for
more than 2,300 years but by the 1940's only c40,000 remained; under Gaddafi further anti-Jewish violence forced more emigration until the last Jew left in 2003. Ethnic cleansing...
Jewish populations had existed in the Arabian Peninsula since before Islam. Now Israeli passport holders cannot enter Saudi Arabia. Who's ethnic cleansing who...
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:24 - Jan 5 with 622 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 09:15 - Jan 5 by DJR

I think the main issue here is the silence of both main political parties, which wasn't and isn't the case with Ukraine. Indeed, that very silence has motivated me to post on this matter, when there was no real need on Ukraine, when sentiment in the country and Westminster was on all fours.
[Post edited 5 Jan 9:18]

Ukraine loses the war in 2024 if there is no movement in Washington on the frozen $40 Billion, or in Budapest for the EU's €40 Billion.

Putin has realised a little late that all he has to do to paralyse the West is influence a few Republicans in a split Executive/Legislature system and only one (former Soviet) country's leader in the ridiculous European Council, where every member has an absolute Veto.

And then there was the simple move to paralyse NATO by selling anti-aircraft missile batteries to Turkey.

I don't have many words to speak on Gaza. I am just heartbroken at the despicable inhumanity. The Netanyahu Government are in no way anything more than "might is right" ethno-religio-Nationalists. They carry out multiple war crimes daily. They deliberately target unarmed civilians. For years their troops have shot at unarmed journalists, in order to suppress criticism.

It is very important that I don't compare them to any historical regime who carried out similar atrocities, though, because that would make me the bad guy.

But they do remind me of the Serb forces and leaders during the Yugoslav war, in their lack of respect for the work of the UN:

https://www.hrw.org/legacy/summaries/s.bosnia9510.html
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:24 - Jan 5 with 622 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:16 - Jan 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The complexity of this situation is stark but the fact that Israeli is constantly made out to be pure evil is correctly characterized by well by Ford above. It’s fashionable with the superficial narrative it out there.

You can go back to the camp David summit of 2000 that Arafat rejected.

Even if you ask yourself a few of these questions in the last twenty years.

-Who exactly is around the other side of the table right now to negotiate with Israel?
-What would happen tomorrow if both sides completely de-armed?
-What did Israel do in 2005?
-Who took over the Palestinian authority in 2007?
-Who issued 18,000 work permits allowing Palestinians cross into Israel and earn about 15 times their salary? I don’t think 18k were crossing the Egyptian border for work.

Hamas is pure evil and keeping their own people down, they want violence and war. Israel has the air power to completely obliterate the Gaza Strip if it wanted to. So to suggest it’s deliberately targeting and killing as many civilians as they can is complete nonsense. The amount of civilian deathis not in anyway acceptable to me either but the notion this is all one sided ethnic cleansing and only Israel can end this is not true.

Was there a ceasefire on October 6th?

So are you in favour of an immediate ceasefire now?

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:25 - Jan 5 with 614 viewsmonkeymagic

Please accept my apologies for staying silent. On reflection I can now see that me posting I’ll informed but heartfelt views on this issue would rapidly bring an end to the conflict.
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 609 viewsDJR

Downvoted the OP by mistake. Except in error, I don't downvote people's comments, because I'd rather challenge a view I don't agree with than downvote.
[Post edited 5 Jan 16:27]
Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:32 - Jan 5 with 578 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:24 - Jan 5 by ArnoldMoorhen

Ukraine loses the war in 2024 if there is no movement in Washington on the frozen $40 Billion, or in Budapest for the EU's €40 Billion.

Putin has realised a little late that all he has to do to paralyse the West is influence a few Republicans in a split Executive/Legislature system and only one (former Soviet) country's leader in the ridiculous European Council, where every member has an absolute Veto.

And then there was the simple move to paralyse NATO by selling anti-aircraft missile batteries to Turkey.

I don't have many words to speak on Gaza. I am just heartbroken at the despicable inhumanity. The Netanyahu Government are in no way anything more than "might is right" ethno-religio-Nationalists. They carry out multiple war crimes daily. They deliberately target unarmed civilians. For years their troops have shot at unarmed journalists, in order to suppress criticism.

It is very important that I don't compare them to any historical regime who carried out similar atrocities, though, because that would make me the bad guy.

But they do remind me of the Serb forces and leaders during the Yugoslav war, in their lack of respect for the work of the UN:

https://www.hrw.org/legacy/summaries/s.bosnia9510.html

And there is the perfect example of somebody being highly critical of the Israeli government and military, without falling back on lazy antisemitic tropes.

AM has compared the Israeli state to a similar regime that carried out ethnic war crimes, and there is no issue with that. When people compare Israel’s actions to that of the Nazis, they are going for maximum hurt to Jewish people. Attacking them as Jews.

Some people would do well to learn from this post.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 551 viewseireblue

Anybody silent on Gaza or an apologist for the I.D.F or Israeli state.... on 14:15 - Jan 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Or you could call for a ceasefire.

It's the compassionate vegan choice.
[Post edited 5 Jan 14:16]

Ahh man, I am so sorry to disappoint you, I know you think I have a lot of power in the upper echelons of quite a few world governments and other organisations, but, I am going to have to let you down gently on this one, my powers of persuasion don’t even extend to my partner.

So even when I used my very serious voice, and frowned, guess what, neither Hamas or the IDF stopped fighting.

The compassionate vegan choice, would have been for people to be against violence for the last few decades, in any scenario.

A shame you weren’t on the case prior to Oct 7th Bankster, maybe you could have convinced Hamas to stop abusing the Human Rights for 2 Million Palestinians, and spend money on food, medicine and making life better for those millions, rather than buying arms to kill more people.

Try not to feel too guilty about that Bankster, but worth creating and popping yourself into another column in your spreadsheet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024