Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but 23:05 - Jan 20 with 5726 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

we hadn’t….

1. Josh Carson - crikey, I remember thinking this guy was electric when he first appeared.

Poll: Is Billm….

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:07 - Jan 20 with 4235 viewsLeoMuff

Grant Ward looked great at first viewing.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:08 - Jan 20 with 4229 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:07 - Jan 20 by LeoMuff

Grant Ward looked great at first viewing.

Was it two goals on his debut?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:12 - Jan 20 with 4204 viewsmutters

Finidi George

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:14 - Jan 20 with 4187 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:08 - Jan 20 by John_Warks_Willy

Was it two goals on his debut?

3. Scored with 1st touch I think.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:20 - Jan 20 with 4161 viewsEastLondonBlue

Bowditch with his hatrick…
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:21 - Jan 20 with 4161 viewsMattinLondon

Owen Garvan - produced some really good displays but then got sent off against Leicester (I think it was them) and then lost a lot of his aggressive. Was never the same player after that.

Also thought that Teddy Bishop would go on to have a great career.

In terms of non youth team players - Gary Roberts looked great but his lack of pace was a real issue as was the case with Darren Currie.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:24 - Jan 20 with 4130 viewsITFCMonk

Lee Martin. Not only on first sight either.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:27 - Jan 20 with 4114 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:21 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

Owen Garvan - produced some really good displays but then got sent off against Leicester (I think it was them) and then lost a lot of his aggressive. Was never the same player after that.

In terms of non youth team players - Gary Roberts looked great but his lack of pace was a real issue as was the case with Darren Currie.

We’ve had a few technically brilliant but very slow wingers 😄

Always found it staggering how slow Stuart Slater was

Login to get fewer ads

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:31 - Jan 20 with 4077 viewsChurchman

Two for me.

A Dozzell, who I thought would be a better player than his dad and Bowditch.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:32 - Jan 20 with 4067 viewsEireannach_gorm

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:21 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

Darren would have been superb in walking football.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:43 - Jan 20 with 4041 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:31 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Two for me.

A Dozzell, who I thought would be a better player than his dad and Bowditch.

A Dozzell was frustrating simply because you can see he’s technically really gifted and an athlete, but always played within himself. If only he could take the handbrake off, and got braver and more ambitious with the ball at his feet. Definitely has got more in his locker than he’s ever shown. Not necessarily just his own doing though I suppose.

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 4008 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Barry Cotter. Excellent debut against Barnsley. And then....
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:56 - Jan 20 with 3970 viewsWacko

JET

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 00:18 - Jan 21 with 3906 viewsCoastalblue

Perhaps not first viewing, but I can remember seeing Lankester in a few games where we were awful but he looked so much better than the rest considering he was just a young lad, Stoke away being one such case. Was convinced he was going to have a top half champ career at worst.

Bishop was another, a real beacon of hope when he first came in, seemed to have it all going for him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 00:18 - Jan 21 with 3910 viewsSuperblue95

Not be a superstar but I remember thinking Shane O Connor looked a cracking little left back on the couple of occasions I saw him before he vanished into obscurity

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 07:33 - Jan 21 with 3498 viewsCaptainAhab

I can remember thinking we'd made a real coup of a signing with Tommy Oar... Oh well
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 07:39 - Jan 21 with 3447 viewschicoazul

Mark Stewart away at Watford.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:00 - Jan 21 with 3396 viewsle2blue

Michael Cole.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:03 - Jan 21 with 3372 viewsBrianTablet

Kevin O'Callaghan

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:04 - Jan 21 with 3374 viewsNedPlimpton

I remember Everton at home and Nabil Abidallah coming off the bench. He looked really exciting. Like we'd found another Bobby Petta
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:15 - Jan 21 with 3309 viewssurreyblue

On his debut, Gwion Edwards did s fantastic little trick where he flicked the ball over both his and the defender's head and he left them for dead. I remember thinking "if every new player is as good as that then playoffs it is!"

Ahem
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:24 - Jan 21 with 3239 viewsCoastalblue

Perhaps one before I even saw him play, Jamie Peters, what a coup at the time!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:27 - Jan 21 with 3225 viewsFixed_It

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 00:18 - Jan 21 by Superblue95

Not be a superstar but I remember thinking Shane O Connor looked a cracking little left back on the couple of occasions I saw him before he vanished into obscurity

I remember his debut. He was fantastic. My mate declared we had just seen a future international full-back...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:38 - Jan 21 with 3178 viewshomer_123

Dalian Atkinson

Very decent career but...quite frankly had pretty much everything to be an absolute worldy of a footballer

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:51 - Jan 21 with 3053 viewslazyblue

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:12 - Jan 20 by mutters

Finidi George

Finidi was easily are best player that season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024