Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but 23:05 - Jan 20 with 5822 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

we hadn’t….

1. Josh Carson - crikey, I remember thinking this guy was electric when he first appeared.

Poll: Is Billm….

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 09:12 - Jan 21 with 1455 viewsmonty_radio

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:27 - Jan 20 by John_Warks_Willy

We’ve had a few technically brilliant but very slow wingers 😄

Always found it staggering how slow Stuart Slater was

But doing all those keepy-uppies as he ran was always bound to slow him down a bit

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 09:39 - Jan 21 with 1387 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dobra.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:06 - Jan 21 with 1372 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:04 - Jan 21 by NedPlimpton

I remember Everton at home and Nabil Abidallah coming off the bench. He looked really exciting. Like we'd found another Bobby Petta

Bobby Petta….loved him

Poll: Is Billm….

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:08 - Jan 21 with 1368 viewsGlasgowBlue

Kyle Edwards

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:05 - Jan 21 with 1340 viewsnorfsufblue

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:51 - Jan 21 by lazyblue

Finidi was easily are best player that season

I really can't understand why FG gets labelled a flop when his goals per game record is good and his performances were fine, just really unlucky to get injuries at precisely the wrong time...iirc his performance at Spurs was in 2001 in which he scored was incredible wasn't that the game he took one in the face for the team in our run that took us from the bottom to the middle of the table?.... it was the team capitulation at Bolton that finally done for us!
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:30 - Jan 21 with 1314 viewsSwailsey

Andy Drury
Shumi

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:45 - Jan 21 with 1288 viewsParky

I really thought Jordan Graham was going to be unreal for us, wasn’t to be.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:54 - Jan 21 with 1280 viewsBathBlue

Dean McDonald
Login to get fewer ads

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 14:05 - Jan 21 with 1214 viewsjudespiveyg

Kane Vincent-Young was fantastic in his first dozen or so games under Lambert, scored an impressive goal against Shrewsbury if memory serves. Bad luck with injuries from then sadly.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 14:11 - Jan 21 with 1196 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 23:08 - Jan 20 by John_Warks_Willy

Was it two goals on his debut?

Came on at half time and scored a hat trick

Poll: Our final position

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 14:12 - Jan 21 with 1193 viewsgainsboroughblue

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 07:39 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

Mark Stewart away at Watford.

I remember that one. Electric debut. Scored two in the first half hour. I missed his home debut a few days later v Pompey as I was working but I was reliably informed by friends that he was absolutely toilet which was then verified by Dave Allard's ratings in the star the next day.

I saw all of his remaining games for us and it's not surprising we sent him back.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 22:36 - Jan 21 with 1080 viewsDinnernotTea

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:51 - Jan 21 by lazyblue

Finidi was easily are best player that season

He really wasn't.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 22:52 - Jan 21 with 1064 viewsDarkBrandon

Darren Ambrose had a very good career, but not nearly as good a career as I thought he would have. He seemed at least as good as Dyer when he broke into the team. Possibly more so. To me at least.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 00:04 - Jan 22 with 1020 viewsbluester

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:04 - Jan 21 by NedPlimpton

I remember Everton at home and Nabil Abidallah coming off the bench. He looked really exciting. Like we'd found another Bobby Petta

Remember seeing him at Leyton Orient in a pre-season friendly and he looked very lively.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 07:36 - Jan 22 with 921 viewsVic

Woolfie.

Looked to me like a Rio Ferdinand mk2 on his debut. Not really changed my mind since.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 08:12 - Jan 22 with 885 viewsITFC_Forever

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 07:39 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

Mark Stewart away at Watford.

Stuart.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 09:28 - Jan 22 with 814 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sito...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 751 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Gwion Edwards
Stuart Slater
Billy Clarke
Dean Bowditch

Poll: Our final position

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:43 - Jan 22 with 736 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Jaime Peters

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:55 - Jan 22 with 715 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Connor Wickham - Rooney-esque in that he was a 16 year old in a mans body. Really thought he was going to crack on, definitely talent there, but seemed to spend most of his career warming a bench.
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 10:55 - Jan 22 with 715 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Most of those mentioned, particularly Andre Dozzell and Dean Bowditch. I'll add Bontcho Genchev. Also Connor Wickham
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:22 - Jan 22 with 663 viewsMediocre_Quick

Half of Carsons problem was his ego and attitude got the better of him, outstanding at academy level
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 11:48 - Jan 22 with 599 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 00:18 - Jan 21 by Coastalblue

Perhaps not first viewing, but I can remember seeing Lankester in a few games where we were awful but he looked so much better than the rest considering he was just a young lad, Stoke away being one such case. Was convinced he was going to have a top half champ career at worst.

Bishop was another, a real beacon of hope when he first came in, seemed to have it all going for him.

I really liked Lankester before he got injured, he was my immediate thought. He seemed to have something about him.

Agree with the KVY call too, we had a few 1-0s to start that season where he really provided a spark, I remember telling people that he was easily playing below his level. (I thought the same with Huws before that too, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing)...
Players who on first sight made you think we’d found the next superstar, but on 12:48 - Jan 22 with 552 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Not sure it was quite superstar-esque but was it Billy Clark who had a great game on the last day of the season at Newcastle? Then either left or went out to a National League team or similar.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024