Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while 16:54 - Jan 24 with 6492 viewsIllinoisblue

But now enjoying their excellence again: Choke by The Beautiful South.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:22 - Jan 24 with 1046 viewsGlasgowBlue

Dusk by The The

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:24 - Jan 24 with 1043 viewsmarKoffC

Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll

Leftfield - Leftism
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:24 - Jan 24 with 1027 viewsblueasfook

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:22 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

Dusk by The The

Ah The The. I loved them back in the day. Infected was a great album.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:25 - Jan 24 with 1029 viewsBluespeed225

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:05 - Jan 24 by MattinLondon

Modern Life Is Rubbish - blur.

A brilliant album undervalued in comparison to a lot of their other work.

It is. Bit of a gem.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:30 - Jan 24 with 1007 viewsmutters

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:28 - Jan 24 by hoppy

The Seahorses - Do It Yourself

(and their unreleased 2nd album, which is also very good)...

Wait...what.... Where has this come from!?!

As a massive Stone Roses fan this is completely new to me.... I had no idea it existed.

Off to listen to it now, great job Hoppy!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:55 - Jan 24 with 948 viewsDBaldy

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:19 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

I don't know the first 2, but the Fugazi and Senser albums are/were ace.

Definitely worth a listen if you can track them down (they're not on Spotify, don't know about other streaming sites etc), from some of your previous music related posts I reckon you'd like them.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:56 - Jan 24 with 948 viewsNthQldITFC

Mezzanine, Protection, Blue Lines
Big Calm

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:11 - Jan 24 with 935 viewsDaninthecampo

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:56 - Jan 24 by NthQldITFC

Big Calm

I listen to mezzanine fairly often but the other 2 not for years
Played big calm last summer by our pool for the first time in about 10 years, great album to chill out to
Login to get fewer ads

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 929 viewsDaninthecampo

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:24 - Jan 24 by marKoffC

Propellerheads - Decksandrumsandrockandroll

Leftfield - Leftism

Leftism and/ or Tourism (mostly live version of leftism) is played at least once a week in our house
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 928 viewsCoastalblue

The uncool kid pokes his head in.

Recently Older by George Michael, not cool but a great album imo that I had ignored for some time.

After a couple of mentions here, will dig out The The, somebody else I've not listened to in a while.

Edit: Kinda forgot it was 90's for some reason, but have had Automatic For The People on in the car recently.
[Post edited 24 Jan 21:24]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:28 - Jan 24 with 897 viewsEpiphone

The Sundays: Reading, Writing and Arithmetic
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:39 - Jan 24 with 873 viewsKingsCrossBlue

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:56 - Jan 24 by NthQldITFC

Big Calm

Well, someone here smokes as much as me!

Great choices. I’ll add in LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression

Portishead
KLF
Blur - I know a few people have already mentioned them. But they are a special band
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:44 - Jan 24 with 857 viewsNthQldITFC

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:39 - Jan 24 by KingsCrossBlue

Portishead
KLF
Blur - I know a few people have already mentioned them. But they are a special band

Correct, but more past tense.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:51 - Jan 24 with 842 viewsBlueschev

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 17:21 - Jan 24 by Dubtractor

One of my all time top 5 albums - so I've definitely not needed to rediscover it!

Shame that the quality dropped off a cliff after it. :(

For me, due to some sort of unintended musical snobbery (still loved them, but just didn't listen to them), I'd not listened to Nevermind or In Utero by Nirvana for a fair while, but had a bit of a Nirvana binge again a few months back, and they stand up so well even 30 years later.

Melon Collie was also a great album, albeit 10 tracks too long. Some belters on there though. Agreed Siamese Dream would probably make my top 5 too. Brought for a quid from Felixstowe library never having heard it. Best quid I ever stole from the side by the phone in my hallway.
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:54 - Jan 24 with 837 viewsMelford

Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:59 - Jan 24 with 829 viewsDubtractor

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:51 - Jan 24 by Blueschev

Melon Collie was also a great album, albeit 10 tracks too long. Some belters on there though. Agreed Siamese Dream would probably make my top 5 too. Brought for a quid from Felixstowe library never having heard it. Best quid I ever stole from the side by the phone in my hallway.

That's my problem with melon Collie - some incredible tracks, but some dross thrown in too. Means I never listen to it. Maybe I'll make a 'Dubtractor edit' to make a single excellent album!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 22:00 - Jan 24 with 828 viewsColumblue

Slint - Spiderland. I didn’t discover that record until I was nearly 30 (about 20 years after release)
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 22:08 - Jan 24 with 821 viewsMelford

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 21:39 - Jan 24 by KingsCrossBlue

Portishead
KLF

Lifeforms by Future Sound Of London was my smoking music back then. Smoke a couple of fat buckets then stick that on.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 23:09 - Jan 24 with 760 viewsWhos_blue

B-52s - Good Stuff

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 23:16 - Jan 24 with 754 viewsIPS_wich

Jesus and Mary Chain - Honey’s Dead
New Model Army - Love of Hopeless Causes
Levellers - Zeitgeist
Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
Cure - Wish
Ned’s Atomic Dustbin - God Fodder and Are You Normal?

A couple haven’t aged so well especially Pop Will Eat Itself who I love at the time in Sixth Form
albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 23:32 - Jan 24 with 744 viewsBlueBadger

A Thing on social media has just remnded me of 'Dubnobasswithmyheadman' by Underworld.

Genuinely innovative, melodic, danceable and unique. Nothing sounded like it before or since(not even Underworld themselves) but you can hear the influence in a million acts.

[Post edited 24 Jan 23:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 23:47 - Jan 24 with 733 viewshoppy

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 20:30 - Jan 24 by mutters

Wait...what.... Where has this come from!?!

As a massive Stone Roses fan this is completely new to me.... I had no idea it existed.

Off to listen to it now, great job Hoppy!

I only stumbled across it myself last year, not even knowing of its existence either prior to that. Loved ‘Do It Yourself’ tho, and can’t even remember how this one came into my consciousness!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 00:01 - Jan 25 with 721 viewsStevoski

Will I Ever Be Inside of You - Paul Quinn & The Independent Group

Fantastic singer.

Excellent title track:

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 07:10 - Jan 25 with 612 viewsazuremerlangus

Crowded House - Together Alone

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

albums of the early 1990s that you haven’t listened to in a while on 07:22 - Jan 25 with 600 viewsDJR

In the early 90s, I used to buy music on cassette so I could listen to it at home and in the car. But I never got round to replacing most of them with CDs or digitally, so here are a couple of excellent, if rather dark, albums which I dipped into on You Tube last night for the first time in many years.

Songs for Drella by Lou Reed and John Cale; a tribute to Andy Warhol.
Magic and Loss by Lou Reed; an album about death and how to live with it.

And if 1994 counts as the early 90s, I would add Brutal Youth by Elvis Costello.

EDIT: Rolling Stone described Magic and Loss thus.

"It is an eyewitness account, documented in compelling song, of a losing battle with cancer, the mourning after and the little miracles that, for the mourner, mark the beginning of the healing process.."
[Post edited 25 Jan 7:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024