Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Gallagher Bid 19:17 - Jan 25 with 5473 viewsBseaBlue

New Gallagher Bid on 19:55 - Jan 25 with 4867 viewsSitfcB

He’ll be here come midnight Wednesday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New Gallagher Bid on 20:02 - Jan 25 with 4726 viewsMetal_Hacker

New Gallagher Bid on 19:55 - Jan 25 by SitfcB

Ok Chico 🤣

Poll: If it were one or the other

New Gallagher Bid on 20:07 - Jan 25 with 4614 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not so sure. I wonder if we might simply arrange a pre-contract for the summer when he is available for free isn't he?

We clearly have other targets in mind and a Premier League loan may turn out a much cheaper option in the short term depending on who we might be able to get.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

New Gallagher Bid on 20:17 - Jan 25 with 4362 viewsFrimleyBlue

New Gallagher Bid on 20:07 - Jan 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not so sure. I wonder if we might simply arrange a pre-contract for the summer when he is available for free isn't he?

We clearly have other targets in mind and a Premier League loan may turn out a much cheaper option in the short term depending on who we might be able to get.

Only Scottish or foreign clubs can agree pre contracts.. Well official ones anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New Gallagher Bid on 20:19 - Jan 25 with 4375 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't hear too many positive noises around the situation. Town and the player are keen, Blackburn seem to be less interested in doing a deal, despite not being keen to take up the option in the summer. Wouldn't rule it out happening entirely, even if it's not currently looking on.
New Gallagher Bid on 20:20 - Jan 25 with 4337 viewsDarkBrandon

I’m not sure about this. Whilst we have other options it is clear he’s towards the top of our shopping list. And it isn’t that long a list. Or maybe more accurately it has a long tail.
New Gallagher Bid on 20:39 - Jan 25 with 4042 viewsNthsuffolkblue

New Gallagher Bid on 20:17 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Only Scottish or foreign clubs can agree pre contracts.. Well official ones anyway.

So a foreign club like Phoenix Rising could arrange a pre-contract deal and we could agree a deal with them but the rules prevent us doing a direct pre-contract arrangement. Seems a strange rule (but I did find it outlined as you state online).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

New Gallagher Bid on 20:42 - Jan 25 with 3996 viewsyorkshireblue

New Gallagher Bid on 20:39 - Jan 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

So a foreign club like Phoenix Rising could arrange a pre-contract deal and we could agree a deal with them but the rules prevent us doing a direct pre-contract arrangement. Seems a strange rule (but I did find it outlined as you state online).

That’s what Leicester did with George Hirst and why he ended up in Belgium for a year at a club with the same owner as Leicester.
Login to get fewer ads

New Gallagher Bid on 20:52 - Jan 25 with 3822 viewsFrimleyBlue

New Gallagher Bid on 20:39 - Jan 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah I don't see the point in blocking it in the UK when other clubs can do it seems another daft English fa rule.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New Gallagher Bid on 21:06 - Jan 25 with 3628 viewsITFCBlues

New Gallagher Bid on 20:19 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Don't hear too many positive noises around the situation. Town and the player are keen, Blackburn seem to be less interested in doing a deal, despite not being keen to take up the option in the summer. Wouldn't rule it out happening entirely, even if it's not currently looking on.

This doesn't fill me with any confidence what so ever...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

New Gallagher Bid on 21:07 - Jan 25 with 3621 viewstractorboy1978

He needs to start throwing his toys out of the pram.

Edit - I suspect he already is if Pete O'Rourke knows he's frustrated and making it public.
[Post edited 25 Jan 21:09]
New Gallagher Bid on 21:07 - Jan 25 with 3607 viewsbluestandard

I’m sure I saw that Blackburn hold an option for another year, so pre-contract wouldn’t be possible anyway.
New Gallagher Bid on 21:14 - Jan 25 with 3505 viewsitfcjoe

New Gallagher Bid on 20:42 - Jan 25 by yorkshireblue

That’s what Leicester did with George Hirst and why he ended up in Belgium for a year at a club with the same owner as Leicester.

That’s a different rule, re the transfers of out of contract U23s without an agreement between British clubs.

If British clubs it’s a tribunal, if going abroad they just go for fixed training costs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New Gallagher Bid on 21:37 - Jan 25 with 3208 viewspointofblue

New Gallagher Bid on 21:07 - Jan 25 by tractorboy1978

Edit - I suspect he already is if Pete O'Rourke knows he's frustrated and making it public.

Sounds like he either wants Rovers to take the extra year or sell him, rather than just leave him in limbo.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New Gallagher Bid on 21:40 - Jan 25 with 3154 viewsPhilTWTD

New Gallagher Bid on 21:07 - Jan 25 by tractorboy1978

He wants the move, has made it clear, from what I gather. Blackburn not playing ball. At the moment, at least.
New Gallagher Bid on 22:02 - Jan 25 with 2916 viewslizzibee

I'm reading this as he's about to land...there are only so many bids they can reject for a player who seemingly is happy to move on and from a club their fans say need the cash
New Gallagher Bid on 22:20 - Jan 25 with 2739 viewsReusersTown

I'd say it looks like a desperate play by Blackburn to leverage us due to our situation, when they don't actually have any leverage due to the other factors (financial, contract etc...)
New Gallagher Bid on 22:26 - Jan 25 with 2668 viewsPhilTWTD

New Gallagher Bid on 22:20 - Jan 25 by ReusersTown

I'd say it looks like a desperate play by Blackburn to leverage us due to our situation, when they don't actually have any leverage due to the other factors (financial, contract etc...)

Perhaps, or they don't really know what they're doing or what they want. Perhaps they're scared of letting him go, not finding a replacement and then getting relegated. I think it will probably end up with him coming here, or he leaves there in the summer for nothing as they don't want to take up the option. I'm not convinced that it will be the first option though, from what I'm hearing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New Gallagher Bid on 22:49 - Jan 25 with 2430 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

New Gallagher Bid on 22:26 - Jan 25 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, or they don't really know what they're doing or what they want. Perhaps they're scared of letting him go, not finding a replacement and then getting relegated. I think it will probably end up with him coming here, or he leaves there in the summer for nothing as they don't want to take up the option. I'm not convinced that it will be the first option though, from what I'm hearing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

They’ve got form for miss managing their assets - letting Brereton Diaz run his contract down rather than cashing in - bonkers. If imagine FFP must be tight for them as well with average crowds of 15k

I guess whether we are interested in the summer when he’s potentially free depends one 1) who we sign in this window, and 2) what league we are in (presumably might set our sights higher in the PL).
New Gallagher Bid on 22:57 - Jan 25 with 2364 viewsVic

New Gallagher Bid on 22:49 - Jan 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They’ve got form for miss managing their assets - letting Brereton Diaz run his contract down rather than cashing in - bonkers. If imagine FFP must be tight for them as well with average crowds of 15k

I guess whether we are interested in the summer when he’s potentially free depends one 1) who we sign in this window, and 2) what league we are in (presumably might set our sights higher in the PL).

Crumbs, what sort of club just keeps players until their contract runs out? Glad we’ve never done that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

New Gallagher Bid on 00:17 - Jan 26 with 2089 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

New Gallagher Bid on 22:20 - Jan 25 by ReusersTown

They’re a basket case. Giving us Travis and trying to extort more than a million quid from us for an only recently fit, soon to be out of contract, player who’s already checked out.

They’d do better to cash in and get him out than leave someone who wants to leave in the camp. We had it previous eras with players heads turned, it’s a lose lose situation.
New Gallagher Bid on 06:31 - Jan 26 with 1755 viewstextbackup

Why would we arrange a pre contract when we could be in the prem next season? We’ll be aiming higher then him then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New Gallagher Bid on 09:00 - Jan 26 with 1373 viewsStadiumofdark

I read that as Noel Gallagher bid.

Must put glasses on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024