Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams?? 08:24 - Jan 31 with 8045 viewsgramps

With just over a day to go before the window shuts, is there any news about Williams? Is he coming back, or not?

GRAMPS

Williams?? on 08:32 - Jan 31 with 6191 viewsdavblue

i suspect they are trying to find another loan for him as we potentially don't have an option to terminate the loan and united don't want to be lumbered with his wages.
Williams?? on 08:39 - Jan 31 with 6125 viewsGeoffSentence

There have apparently been rumours about his behaviour, but I can confirm its worse than we thought

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/cny/2024/01/rep-brandon-williams-gives-his-sup

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Williams?? on 08:41 - Jan 31 with 6051 viewspositivity

Williams?? on 08:39 - Jan 31 by GeoffSentence

There have apparently been rumours about his behaviour, but I can confirm its worse than we thought

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/cny/2024/01/rep-brandon-williams-gives-his-sup

he's aged badly in a couple of months

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Williams?? on 08:42 - Jan 31 with 6040 viewsGeoffSentence

Williams?? on 08:41 - Jan 31 by positivity

he's aged badly in a couple of months

stress

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Williams?? on 08:51 - Jan 31 with 5891 viewstextbackup

Williams?? on 08:32 - Jan 31 by davblue

i suspect they are trying to find another loan for him as we potentially don't have an option to terminate the loan and united don't want to be lumbered with his wages.

He’s barely featured, so we need a back up that much?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Williams?? on 09:05 - Jan 31 with 5741 viewsEuropablue

Williams?? on 08:51 - Jan 31 by textbackup

There has been a clear lack of quality cover. At one point of the season he made it look like Harry Clarke was going to struggle to play again this season. When Clarke was in the team at the beginning of the season, Williams was good cover for Clarke and vice versa. Ideally you would want to players competing for the position rather than one who gets the position if fit and the other just being back up.
Williams?? on 09:13 - Jan 31 with 5607 viewsElderGrizzly

We need cover for Davis that isn't a midfielder being played out of position.
Williams?? on 09:14 - Jan 31 with 5609 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Injury prone, big step for him to come back here from Gillingham, I think we should move on now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Williams?? on 09:19 - Jan 31 with 5499 viewsdavblue

United/us trying to find a loan for him so we can use the wages elsewhere otherwise why wouldn't we have sent him back if we aren't happy with him?
Williams?? on 09:24 - Jan 31 with 5412 viewsParky

Williams?? on 09:19 - Jan 31 by davblue

United/us trying to find a loan for him so we can use the wages elsewhere otherwise why wouldn't we have sent him back if we aren't happy with him?

There is 100% other issues, I won’t post it on here, but I’m not overly convinced he’ll be back.
Williams?? on 09:40 - Jan 31 with 5198 viewslazyblue

Won’t be coming back
Williams?? on 13:13 - Jan 31 with 4379 viewsVegtablue

If Davis got injured I think our race would be run, as things stand now.
Williams?? on 13:30 - Jan 31 with 4178 viewsitfcjoe

I think he’s going to stay now

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Williams?? on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 4093 viewsMetal_Hacker

Williams?? on 13:30 - Jan 31 by itfcjoe

What makes you “think” that now Joe ? What have you heard ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Good news if we can get his fitness and form right on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 4083 viewsunstableblue

Assume this means the Sheff Weds experienced option is not longer happening.
Which is a shame as he's in the form of his life.

I wonder if Williams has settled into the Ipswich culture yet, think a focus for McKenna.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Williams?? on 14:21 - Jan 31 with 3847 viewsEuropablue

Williams?? on 09:24 - Jan 31 by Parky

There is 100% other issues, I won’t post it on here, but I’m not overly convinced he’ll be back.

The thing that is weird about it is that KM has left the situation up in the air. If it were an open and shut case we would have just terminated the loan.
Williams?? on 14:33 - Jan 31 with 3737 viewschicoazul

Humph is back up now and it’s be good to get him out on a decent half season loan to L1 if we can.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Williams?? on 14:40 - Jan 31 with 3665 viewsParky

Williams?? on 14:21 - Jan 31 by Europablue

The thing that is weird about it is that KM has left the situation up in the air. If it were an open and shut case we would have just terminated the loan.

It’s a bit of a sensitive issue, so can see why McKenna hasn’t completely closed the door.
Williams?? on 14:57 - Jan 31 with 3498 viewstextbackup

So potentially 18 or so games of ‘missing due to illness’ to be spun… with the occasional sub appearance, picking up a yellow card

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Williams?? on 15:03 - Jan 31 with 3411 viewsbaxterbasics

Oh how I wish these off-pitch issues (which I am yet to find any detailed gossip about, anywhere) could just be resolved and we can have him back. There was a run of 2/3 games where he was world class. Then suddenly 'illness' and he was never the same. He's perfect otherwise - already acquainted with McKenna, and his history with Nodge.

He is out of contract in the Summer I believe.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Williams?? on 16:30 - Jan 31 with 3006 viewsDubtractor

Williams?? on 15:03 - Jan 31 by baxterbasics

Oh how I wish these off-pitch issues (which I am yet to find any detailed gossip about, anywhere) could just be resolved and we can have him back. There was a run of 2/3 games where he was world class. Then suddenly 'illness' and he was never the same. He's perfect otherwise - already acquainted with McKenna, and his history with Nodge.

He is out of contract in the Summer I believe.

I think you and I may be the only people who don't know.

If anyone feels like sharing my dms are open........

Regardless, if we could get him back in the form (and I assume headspace) from earlier in the season, then I'd be happy to keep him here.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Williams?? on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 2869 viewsExiled2Surrey

Williams?? on 16:30 - Jan 31 by Dubtractor

Regardless, if we could get him back in the form (and I assume headspace) from earlier in the season, then I'd be happy to keep him here.

Add me to that list - I have no idea about the story that is untold (and left in the dark on this TBH) but I am interested in whether it means we will ever see the good Brandon Williams back this season. If the answer is "give it a couple of weeks and he will be back and firing", then happy days.

And I am assuming that "I think he is going to stay" means stay at Ipswich for the remainder of his loan rather than stay at Manchester?!
Williams?? on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 2794 viewspointofblue

Williams?? on 16:30 - Jan 31 by Dubtractor

I’m another one who has no idea about the rumours doing the rounds. With the position we’re in, we need to be certain about whether he can cover or not for the rest of the season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Williams?? on 16:46 - Jan 31 with 2787 viewsRadlett_blue

Perhaps McKenna would like Williams back here as a player, as a fit & focused Williams would be a big asset to Town, so he's hoping his "issues" are resolved. As it was a season long loan & if he isn't formally recalled by Man U, he can return to Town & play at any stage of the rest of this season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Williams?? on 17:08 - Jan 31 with 2551 viewsHorsham

How do you know McKenna has left it up in the air. All of this could be totally beyond his control and wouldn’t mind betting there’s some pretty onerous clauses in the loan contract about termination etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024