Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… 13:02 - Feb 11 with 14048 viewsitfcjoe

…think about what they post. But it won’t for who it needs to.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:19 - Feb 11 with 2098 viewsmrfixit426

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 14:35 - Feb 11 by BiGDonnie

Utterly ridiculous.

Time for the clown to be booted. He’s an embarrasmwnt to the club, TWTD and mankind.

He's a sociopath. Absolutely no remorse for anything he does.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 2014 viewspointofblue

I feel uncomfortable about this. I spent most of yesterday disagreeing with Frimmers about his outlook on the game - the performances of Morsy and Burns aside. However, he has always focused on the performance of the players on the pitch. Others have accused players - more past than present - of not caring and just collecting their wage packet, which I would find more hurtful than a perceived downturn in performance being called out. And I would say, with his post, David has been more personal than Frimmers, calling him out on social media and, even inadvertently, encouraging a pile on (not that much encouragement is needed), compared to Frimmers' comments towards Burns on the forum.

HOWEVER... I have to admit, Frimmers, you do seem to have an obsessive dislike towards Burns as a player. You're not the only one towards certain players - a couple of posters have it in for Woolfenden, for example (and I will still grovel for my emotional post after the first goal yesterday). But whenever you have the opportunity to have a dig you'll take it, even if the original thread does not relate to him. Not only that, you sometimes make snarky comments toward those who have a different point of view - accusing those who supported him and Morsy yesterday as deeming them as club 'legends' in a disparaging way, as an example.

I think that's where many have an issue.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 1955 viewsSwailsey

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 14:41 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldn't be shocked they read twtd and it's news stories and phils reports etc.

But to come onto a football forum where its a safe place to vent your frustrations about the club you support imo isn't what I'd expect from any footballer or family member.

Most of my posts esp those he mentions are made during or after a game. Emotions high etc. And yeah some whilst drinking

I'll tone it down.. but compared to the tweeter who personally replied to wes directly.. I think D burns is being harsh in what he says.

It’s long been known that players and families read this board - has been the case for years, and you’ve been here longer than me. But of course you know this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 1937 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:03 - Feb 11 by J2BLUE

Why does he need to out himself on here?

He's made himself known with his real name. Why do you need to know his TWTD username if he has one?

This is yet another tactic just to refuse to apologise.

It's fine. At least own it though.

Because id send them a dm apologising.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:40 - Feb 11 with 1938 viewspointofblue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:38 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Gentle suggestion that an apology won't carry much weight unless there is a change in style of posting alongside it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:44 - Feb 11 with 1892 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:08 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

No he absolutely does not. You've simply chosen to interpret what he said in the way which suits you, ie is most favourable to yourself.

You're being utterly disrespectfu & uncaring to one of our key players & his family. Despicable.

He's pointed me out within a tweet about a person directly sending messages to wes. Making it appear I've hounded the burns family for 3 years which I haven't.

Also. There's is no examples of me disrespecting the family in anyway.

I would glady send a dm to who ever to apologise for my posting on twtd forum and shall tone the feelings down in future.

Waka waka eh eh

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:49 - Feb 11 with 1872 viewsNeedhamChris

Now I think Frimleys views on Burns are ridiculous, and he is a great player for us.

However...

It's fairly clear to anyone reading the board that he gets grief for that opinion. There is part of me that thinks that this is a bit of a ridiculous overreaction.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:51 - Feb 11 with 1853 viewsJ2BLUE

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:38 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Oh I give up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:52 - Feb 11 with 1840 viewsitfcjoe

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:29 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

I feel uncomfortable about this. I spent most of yesterday disagreeing with Frimmers about his outlook on the game - the performances of Morsy and Burns aside. However, he has always focused on the performance of the players on the pitch. Others have accused players - more past than present - of not caring and just collecting their wage packet, which I would find more hurtful than a perceived downturn in performance being called out. And I would say, with his post, David has been more personal than Frimmers, calling him out on social media and, even inadvertently, encouraging a pile on (not that much encouragement is needed), compared to Frimmers' comments towards Burns on the forum.

HOWEVER... I have to admit, Frimmers, you do seem to have an obsessive dislike towards Burns as a player. You're not the only one towards certain players - a couple of posters have it in for Woolfenden, for example (and I will still grovel for my emotional post after the first goal yesterday). But whenever you have the opportunity to have a dig you'll take it, even if the original thread does not relate to him. Not only that, you sometimes make snarky comments toward those who have a different point of view - accusing those who supported him and Morsy yesterday as deeming them as club 'legends' in a disparaging way, as an example.

The issue is perfectly on display in this thread, despite years of people telling him about his style, about the OTT levels at how it is aimed towards one player it has never sunk in.

There is now a comment from the member of the family, explicitly naming him and describing what he has been doing for 3 years and how it is seen by them - there is still not an iota of self reflection or understanding of how what he says is seen by literally everyone else.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 1725 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:52 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

The issue is perfectly on display in this thread, despite years of people telling him about his style, about the OTT levels at how it is aimed towards one player it has never sunk in.

There is now a comment from the member of the family, explicitly naming him and describing what he has been doing for 3 years and how it is seen by them - there is still not an iota of self reflection or understanding of how what he says is seen by literally everyone else.

You just ignoring me saying I'll tone it down and I'd happily send a dm apologising then.

Waka waka eh eh

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:04 - Feb 11 with 1715 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:49 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

Now I think Frimleys views on Burns are ridiculous, and he is a great player for us.

However...

It's fairly clear to anyone reading the board that he gets grief for that opinion. There is part of me that thinks that this is a bit of a ridiculous overreaction.

I'm happy to do what I need to do. But I also appreciate twtd response to the accusations put against me.

What I'd like to know Is will people follow suit and contact Paul cooks family for their thoughts on him on this forum. Or lambert. Or Jackson. Or anyone else that has had negative comments spoken about on this forum.

So I'll leave it there.

Waka waka eh eh

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:10 - Feb 11 with 1676 viewsRobTheMonk

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:52 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

And for 3 years they've never decided to put Frimmers on ignore?!

Frimmers says he doesn't like Burns more often than not. But then 95% of people disagree. So that's a overwhelmingly positive action in support of Burns...

It's a footballing forum. Hot takes are going to be a thing and there's going to be characters who are disagreed with more often than not. If you don't like it, don't read it or put the person on ignore.

All that tweet has done is instigate a witch hunt associating a direct tweet with a public discussion, which on first glance people may think that the two are the same person which is not necessarily the case.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:13 - Feb 11 with 1636 viewsRyorry

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:44 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

He's pointed me out within a tweet about a person directly sending messages to wes. Making it appear I've hounded the burns family for 3 years which I haven't.

Also. There's is no examples of me disrespecting the family in anyway.

I would glady send a dm to who ever to apologise for my posting on twtd forum and shall tone the feelings down in future.

Well thanks in advance for your promise to tone it down, but the rest of your post is just you refusing to see it from anyone else's point of view other than your own.'
Read David Burns' tweet again, 'bare' -

"Take a look at @twtduk and in particular someone who calls himself “frimley blue” ..family have had to live with his relentless and obsessive attacks on Wes for the best part of three years now.. never a good word and first to attack him week in week out.. its soul destroying .😢"

He's clearly referring to you posting *on this forum* - which he names - and them having to live with that, because they're his family & close to him.

You're actng completely selfishly & disrespectfully over this, and apparently don't care about the well-being of one of our players or his family - which raises the question of how much of a Town 'supporter' you actually are.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:17 - Feb 11 with 1595 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:10 - Feb 11 by RobTheMonk

Frimmers says he doesn't like Burns more often than not. But then 95% of people disagree. So that's a overwhelmingly positive action in support of Burns...

It's a footballing forum. Hot takes are going to be a thing and there's going to be characters who are disagreed with more often than not. If you don't like it, don't read it or put the person on ignore.

All that tweet has done is instigate a witch hunt associating a direct tweet with a public discussion, which on first glance people may think that the two are the same person which is not necessarily the case.

I agree with this.

Would be interesting to see the board's reaction had this been anyone but Frimmers. A Paul Lambert relative upset about Badgers constant comments for example.

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:18 - Feb 11 with 1578 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:13 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

Well thanks in advance for your promise to tone it down, but the rest of your post is just you refusing to see it from anyone else's point of view other than your own.'

"Take a look at @twtduk and in particular someone who calls himself “frimley blue” ..family have had to live with his relentless and obsessive attacks on Wes for the best part of three years now.. never a good word and first to attack him week in week out.. its soul destroying .😢"

He's clearly referring to you posting *on this forum* - which he names - and them having to live with that, because they're his family & close to him.

You're actng completely selfishly & disrespectfully over this, and apparently don't care about the well-being of one of our players or his family - which raises the question of how much of a Town 'supporter' you actually are.

Phil doesn't seem to agree that Frimley has been relentless or obsessive. I agree with Phil.

The easy solution here is for David Burns to put him on ignore - but that's not as fashionable an answer.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:21]

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:22 - Feb 11 with 1548 viewsRyorry

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:18 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

Phil doesn't seem to agree that Frimley has been relentless or obsessive. I agree with Phil.

The easy solution here is for David Burns to put him on ignore - but that's not as fashionable an answer.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:21]

Where has Phil said that?

I've never known Phil, in 25 years now, ever disagree with a large majority of board posters. I hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Frimmers needs banning.... on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 1534 viewsblueasfook

Frimmers needs banning.... on 13:47 - Feb 11 by Bloots

...purely so that it severely cuts down the number of posts from Dolly and Stokie.

Innit.

Well I always stick up for Frimmers but that's a compelling argument to be fair

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:27 - Feb 11 with 1511 viewsVic

So sad.

Frimmers mate, when your posts and messages are having this effect on the players and families of the team you support it’s time to stop. Please do.

David - put the bloke on ignore! It’s fantastic and makes this brilliant forum enjoyable again. Wes is a star, I love his heart and attitude; he’s been and is brilliant for us. Don’t let the B-ggers get you down.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:30 - Feb 11 with 1487 viewsjasondozzell

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 15:29 - Feb 11 by pointofblue

I agree with much of this. We should all try to get along - we're all Town fans. Frimley follows us and he's always been polite in interactions with me even if I have almost always disagreed with him. But we've got to get behind this team - a brilliant season and we can make a difference as we come to the end.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:36 - Feb 11 with 1435 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:22 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

Where has Phil said that?

I've never known Phil, in 25 years now, ever disagree with a large majority of board posters. I hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Which personally, is the balanced view here.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:37]

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:39 - Feb 11 with 1405 viewsNeedhamChris

For balance

He doesn't see any need for Phil to have a word either.

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:39 - Feb 11 with 1402 viewsClapham_Junction

I think a lot of people are clueless about how what they write on the internet affects people, either through not thinking or not caring. Talking about something in a pub or on a WhatsApp chat is very different to publishing it on a public forum like TWTD, Twitter or other social media sites, where other people (and the targets and their families) can read it.

I have unfortunately sort of experienced this, having briefly been the target of a Twitter storm and later a related Youtube video. The claims made in both were wrong or misleading, but the worst part was reading through the hundreds of comments, most of which were pretty awful (a lot simply being variants on hating me), and made by people who were utterly clueless about the situation and had just taken the initial stuff at face value. Even though I knew it was untrue/unjustified, it was still a horrible experience. I just don't understand why people would say stuff like that.

As Frimley himself says "Why would I say it to his face? That would be cruel." If you wouldn't say it to his face, don't write it down in public ffs.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:39 - Feb 11 with 1391 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:10 - Feb 11 by RobTheMonk

Thank you. I've already had messages telling me it's not right to be sending the burns family messages. It's gone way to far.

Waka waka eh eh

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:40 - Feb 11 with 1379 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:39 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Thank you. I've already had messages telling me it's not right to be sending the burns family messages. It's gone way to far.

Agree. I'd hope there's agreement on here that you're definitely not doing that.

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:43 - Feb 11 with 1344 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:13 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

No I'm not. I'm getting messages sent to me on various sites now because of his tweet.

He mentions hiding behind a keyboard but there are plenty who know who I am and I've never covered it up so now it's become personal targeted campaign compared to a poster on a forum ranting about game performance.

So yeah cheers.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:46]

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024