Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… 13:02 - Feb 11 with 14041 viewsitfcjoe

…think about what they post. But it won’t for who it needs to.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:46 - Feb 11 with 2351 viewsmarchy

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:43 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

No I'm not. I'm getting messages sent to me on various sites now because of his tweet.

He mentions hiding behind a keyboard but there are plenty who know who I am and I've never covered it up so now it's become personal targeted campaign compared to a poster on a forum ranting about game performance.

So yeah cheers.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:46]

You're getting bombarded with a load of ill-informed criticism and don't like it? Interesting.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:48 - Feb 11 with 2308 viewsFrimleyBlue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:46 - Feb 11 by marchy

You're getting bombarded with a load of ill-informed criticism and don't like it? Interesting.

Being threatened isn't the same thing as calling someone rubbish on a football forum.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:49 - Feb 11 with 2300 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:46 - Feb 11 by marchy

The fact you think these two are the same thing says more about your capacity for reason, rather than anything about Frimley.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:49 - Feb 11 with 2298 viewsibbleobble

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:10 - Feb 11 by RobTheMonk

And for 3 years they've never decided to put Frimmers on ignore?!

Frimmers says he doesn't like Burns more often than not. But then 95% of people disagree. So that's a overwhelmingly positive action in support of Burns...

It's a footballing forum. Hot takes are going to be a thing and there's going to be characters who are disagreed with more often than not. If you don't like it, don't read it or put the person on ignore.

All that tweet has done is instigate a witch hunt associating a direct tweet with a public discussion, which on first glance people may think that the two are the same person which is not necessarily the case.

It does serve to show though that others have said (which have been ridiculed) that these forums aren’t meaningless, they have impact. There’s a several thousand strong collective on here which is actually a very powerful tool to change discourse and opinion. As shown, it clearly filters through to the club and occasionally individuals - whether they care or not is a different matter but momentum can start here and filter out to the stands and beyond. We’ve seen how divided and toxic it can become very quickly.

Anyone who doesn’t like Frimmer’s posts, put him on ignore. I’ve done that to a handful and it’s very liberating. The less folk engage, the quieter they become.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:55 - Feb 11 with 2225 viewsLankHenners

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:36 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

Which personally, is the balanced view here.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:37]

Not to knock Phil but I don't really know what he's reading if he doesn't think the words 'obsessive' and 'relentless' are accurate descriptors of the poster in question.

Don't know how many times people have complained about him, how often what could otherwise be interesting threads have been ruined by him being deliberately provocative/stubborn/arrogant in his (negative) posting, how he usually gets quite nasty and personal after a few back and forths with people, several instances of him mocking mental health issues to have digs at posters including calling people who ring Samaritans 'attention seekers' etc.

I don't really care about other posters getting banned for whatever reason, and ultimately it's up to Phil to determine what constitutes crossing a line, but seems odd to me that someone having a 2nd account they use to up- and downvote posts is considered beyond the pale but the behaviour above is apparently fine.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:55]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:57 - Feb 11 with 2180 viewsfranz_tyson

This sounds like a wind up.

Wes Burns is a mostly very popular player who mostly gets positive comments. Would a family member disregard all those positive comments to focus on the comments of the board "pile on"? Sounds fishy, especially since Frimmers is hardly toxic or unpleasant, mostly deliberately annoying...but not nasty. Unless he's doing some naughty stuff on Twitter.
And also there's quite a few on here who seem to enjoy sh1tstirring and to goad him into making comments. Easy to ignore and not give him oxygen if you don't like his comments.

I would say someone's having a bit of fun at Frimmers' expense.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:59]
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:04 - Feb 11 with 2127 viewsTheMoralMajority

This is going to get me downvoted to high-heaven, but what the hell....

The hypocrisy shown in this thread is astounding. Do I think Frimmers mostly posts absolute nonsense? Yes, because he does. Do I think what he posts has any malicious intent? No I do not.

He doesn't rate Burns, for whatever reason, and he never tires of telling us about it. Is it tedious and ultimately a poor take? Yes. Does he get shouted down endlessly, yes he does, and rightly so.

This is a football forum for football discussion. Everyone has opinions on who is good/bad/the devil incarnate. It is effectively the life blood of this forum (along with crisps and cheese). This kind of discussion would be *impossible* to have if we all worried about what someone's feelings would be if they read our posts... especially when those posts are made in the heat of the moment.

I do feel for Burns and his family, but it is very easy to focus on the negative when you go looking for feedback, and gloss over the positive takes which often-times vastly outnumber the negatives (I have been there myself).

Should FB take on board that his actions are negatively effecting the family? Yes, probably, and I believe he has said as much himself. But this pile on is ugly.

Can everyone that is piling on say that they always hold themselves to the same standard? What about Ladapo, I did not see any issues with the pile on there? Lambert? Also did not see any problems with that. Hell, David Diamond pretty much made a meme of calling Jordan Spence 'crap' on the Blue Monday podcast. Was that ok?

Yes, we should think about how what we say may impact others, but our lives can't be spent tiptoeing around our opinions. If it comes to light that what you are saying has a negative impact, then absolutely take that on board and adjust accordingly.

...but do signatures really work?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:08 - Feb 11 with 2067 viewsYallop2

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:55 - Feb 11 by LankHenners

Not to knock Phil but I don't really know what he's reading if he doesn't think the words 'obsessive' and 'relentless' are accurate descriptors of the poster in question.

Don't know how many times people have complained about him, how often what could otherwise be interesting threads have been ruined by him being deliberately provocative/stubborn/arrogant in his (negative) posting, how he usually gets quite nasty and personal after a few back and forths with people, several instances of him mocking mental health issues to have digs at posters including calling people who ring Samaritans 'attention seekers' etc.

I don't really care about other posters getting banned for whatever reason, and ultimately it's up to Phil to determine what constitutes crossing a line, but seems odd to me that someone having a 2nd account they use to up- and downvote posts is considered beyond the pale but the behaviour above is apparently fine.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:55]

He's been warned before and promised to tone it down but soon reverts to ruining threads doubling down repeating the same old stuff again and again. Ignore function doesn't work.

At a time when we've had the best 18 months for 20 years and Burns has played a major part in our success I remain confused why this attention seeker wasn't banned a long time ago.
Login to get fewer ads

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:15 - Feb 11 with 1966 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:04 - Feb 11 by TheMoralMajority

The hypocrisy shown in this thread is astounding. Do I think Frimmers mostly posts absolute nonsense? Yes, because he does. Do I think what he posts has any malicious intent? No I do not.

He doesn't rate Burns, for whatever reason, and he never tires of telling us about it. Is it tedious and ultimately a poor take? Yes. Does he get shouted down endlessly, yes he does, and rightly so.

This is a football forum for football discussion. Everyone has opinions on who is good/bad/the devil incarnate. It is effectively the life blood of this forum (along with crisps and cheese). This kind of discussion would be *impossible* to have if we all worried about what someone's feelings would be if they read our posts... especially when those posts are made in the heat of the moment.

I do feel for Burns and his family, but it is very easy to focus on the negative when you go looking for feedback, and gloss over the positive takes which often-times vastly outnumber the negatives (I have been there myself).

Should FB take on board that his actions are negatively effecting the family? Yes, probably, and I believe he has said as much himself. But this pile on is ugly.

Can everyone that is piling on say that they always hold themselves to the same standard? What about Ladapo, I did not see any issues with the pile on there? Lambert? Also did not see any problems with that. Hell, David Diamond pretty much made a meme of calling Jordan Spence 'crap' on the Blue Monday podcast. Was that ok?

Yes, we should think about how what we say may impact others, but our lives can't be spent tiptoeing around our opinions. If it comes to light that what you are saying has a negative impact, then absolutely take that on board and adjust accordingly.

Well said.

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:16 - Feb 11 with 1951 views44_not_out

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:04 - Feb 11 by TheMoralMajority

What’s next from you? Joey Barton is misunderstood

FB is an attention seeker whose knowledge of football is extremely limited.

As I said earlier in this thread, anyone finding negatives about yesterday and this season as a whole really shouldn’t be watching football
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:17 - Feb 11 with 1935 viewsLankHenners

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:08 - Feb 11 by Yallop2

He's been warned before and promised to tone it down but soon reverts to ruining threads doubling down repeating the same old stuff again and again. Ignore function doesn't work.

At a time when we've had the best 18 months for 20 years and Burns has played a major part in our success I remain confused why this attention seeker wasn't banned a long time ago.

Yep. Not really a case of people 'playing the man not the ball' or 'piling on' as some like to try and spin it, or just complaining about someone 'being annoying'. I'm genuinely surprised that someone that unpleasant has been allowed to post for so long after several ignored warnings when other posters who have been repetitively annoying with a slightly nasty edge have been banned.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:22 - Feb 11 with 1887 viewsJakeITFC

All of your post is correct and makes sense in the world of rationality and common sense, but I don’t think it is unfair to say that Frimley’s work on this forum is beyond the pale.

It genuinely makes me annoyed and to be quite honest I avoid the forum during/after games a lot of the time because of the relentless negativity from him (in what should be a time that we are celebrating the best times we’ve had at the club for 20+ years). Now if I threw into the mix that we was doing this alongside a years long tirade against my son/brother/any other family member then I think I would be understandably angry.

It is right to have the ability to criticise and not every fan has to like every player, but I think this poster has long overstepped the mark to the point that enough is enough.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:25 - Feb 11 with 1847 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:16 - Feb 11 by 44_not_out

What’s next from you? Joey Barton is misunderstood

FB is an attention seeker whose knowledge of football is extremely limited.

As I said earlier in this thread, anyone finding negatives about yesterday and this season as a whole really shouldn’t be watching football

You have to be an absolute idiot to compare this to Joey Barton.

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:36 - Feb 11 with 1766 viewsParky

This is a good reminder that these players [and families] are humans and sometimes what we say can impact them.

I won’t be going into much detail, but I know of a previous player who had serious struggles with mental health, another reminder these are just people doing their job.

This message even applies to me, we can all feel emotional in the heat of the moment, but just a reminder to be a bit kinder.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:55 - Feb 11 with 1667 viewsbenrhyddingblue

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 14:24 - Feb 11 by Zapers

How does that help the player and his family?

Sorry but i think you've missed the point.

There's also the fact he posts so often that if you do have him on ignore, which I have, a lot of threads are meaningless as there are so many people responding to his comments which I have ignored. Not sure I've made myself that clear, but I know what I mean.

On the wider issue, the fact that a family member has raised this shows that this has gone beyond just posting on a football forum about football. It also raises the wider issue of of the impact of social media on individuals in this day and age, but that's not a debate for here.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:05 - Feb 11 with 1607 viewsChurchman

I think your post is overall excellent and interesting. High standards? Don’t know but have I said anything on here that I wouldn’t say to their face? Absolutely not. That goes for posters and players. And for me that works.

I post loads of rubbish and use far too many words and I get it wrong. A lot. I’m called out a fair amount. Rightly. That’s the whole point. There are plenty of posters who do not agree with me and visa versa. But I respect the heck out of them and actually benefit by learning stuff.

Phrasing, wording etc really do matter. Even on an opinion based forum. You have no idea who reads them. If Wes and his family or anyone has picked up on what is written on here that’s ok, but then again for the recipient of the term crp maybe it isn’t.

All writers, in my view, need to take care how they express their views. You never know where and what you say is going to finish. Trust me, I’ve been there.
[Post edited 11 Feb 18:22]
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:07 - Feb 11 with 1594 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No you’re right. Theres a distinction between personal (or worse) abuse and opinion on performance and that’s what a board should always be about. Theres also an ultra sensitive bunch on here that get at people if they post at times measured opinions. I’m not suggesting FB was always doing that for Burns though and it sounds like for some he was ruining their board experience.

There is also an argument that some of it comes with the territory of being a highly paid professional footballer. Again if it’s when opinion changes to abuse and that it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’ve been a huge fan of the other football since a kid and follow my team away from home a lot. I check that Twitter and some of the stuff posted to players after games is ridiculous and many of them bite back. I’m sure the smart thing to do would be to not spend too much time on SM.

In this instance as it was specifically about the forum it might have been better for the family member to PM Phil if he ever thought a line had ever been crossed.
[Post edited 11 Feb 18:11]
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:17 - Feb 11 with 1530 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 17:55 - Feb 11 by benrhyddingblue

There's also the fact he posts so often that if you do have him on ignore, which I have, a lot of threads are meaningless as there are so many people responding to his comments which I have ignored. Not sure I've made myself that clear, but I know what I mean.

On the wider issue, the fact that a family member has raised this shows that this has gone beyond just posting on a football forum about football. It also raises the wider issue of of the impact of social media on individuals in this day and age, but that's not a debate for here.

You appear to be ignoring that the same family member has also said that no action is required?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:26 - Feb 11 with 1433 viewsYallop2

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:17 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

You appear to be ignoring that the same family member has also said that no action is required?

If in admins opinion Frimmers hasn't done anything wrong. Which he clearly has. He's been a proper bellend for way too long.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 1387 viewsNeedhamChris

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:26 - Feb 11 by Yallop2

If in admins opinion Frimmers hasn't done anything wrong. Which he clearly has. He's been a proper bellend for way too long.

Your use of insults instead of reason is fairly telling.

However will give you another go;

Everyone is upset because of what David Burns said. However the same David Burns says no further action is required.

Why are people being selective about when they want to listen to him and when they don't?

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:36 - Feb 11 with 1346 viewsYallop2

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:31 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

Your use of insults instead of reason is fairly telling.

However will give you another go;

Everyone is upset because of what David Burns said. However the same David Burns says no further action is required.

Why are people being selective about when they want to listen to him and when they don't?

David Burns has said no action is necessary if admin feels FB has done nothing wrong.

I disagree with admins view. I've endured way too long of FB. He's ruined this place.
At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:54 - Feb 11 with 1266 viewsRyorry

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 16:36 - Feb 11 by NeedhamChris

Which personally, is the balanced view here.
[Post edited 11 Feb 16:37]

OK, I stand corrected on that.

I do however also agree with LankHenners' post (edit - 6th post down, incl the OP, on this page); and would add that I've often said that no one person can see everything that's posted on the forum. Even Phil himself has said that, hence asking for abuse to be reported as he can't read everything on here. That would obviously be particularly applicable to match days, when he's travelling, watching the match, doing interviews, writing his report/s etc.

Anyway, going to leave it there as I see FB has now started a new thread saying there've been threats to his family, obviously appalling, & something which supercedes this thread.
[Post edited 11 Feb 19:05]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

At least the rest of the board agree with this, it might make some people… on 18:55 - Feb 11 with 1264 viewsTractorCam

Sad to see really.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024