Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs 09:45 - Feb 19 with 2945 viewsmikeybloo88

If we don’t get automatic, we’ll probably have to go through one of these two. Let’s hope it’s just in the final and not over two games. I’d love to beat Leeds in the final, but my head tells me we’d be better to meet Southampton. I’m arrogantly assuming we make the playoffs and get to Wembley of course...
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:49 - Feb 19 with 2566 viewsTractorCam

Nothing arrogant about it, we are 14 points ahead of 5th. Would be some fall off if we finish lower than our current position, presuming they don't win every game left (would take them to 94 points).

I still believe we can finish 2nd, but if it was the play offs i'd rather it be Southampton based off our previous matches against Leeds. Although we'd have to get past someone else as you mention, rather that not be Norwich!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 2534 viewsRyorry

For us fans going through it, it'd be hell, whichever teams - no need for nuance

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:55 - Feb 19 with 2503 viewsITFCSG

Fingers crossed for autos, but I'd rather have Norwich than Leeds or Southampton - although either one of them would be favourites to reach the final
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:56 - Feb 19 with 2504 viewsFtnfwest

no no no, scum have all the best players in the world, so they'll beat one of those for us in the semi
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:57 - Feb 19 with 2492 viewsDaninthecampo

Leeds forwardline against how we set up is too strong, we would need a Mckenna masterstroke to beat them in the playoffs( which obviously possible)i'd be happy and confident to face any other team in the playoffs
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 10:17 - Feb 19 with 2391 viewsSomethingBlue

In a one-off I think we have the tools to beat either, but I think there's a slightly better chance against Saints and would not write us off at all.
[Post edited 19 Feb 10:27]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 10:22 - Feb 19 with 2338 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 10:17 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

In a one-off I think we have the tools to beat either, but I think there's a slightly better chance against Saints and would not write us off at all.

I'd definitely prefer Southampton from what I've seen
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:22 - Feb 19 with 2164 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 09:57 - Feb 19 by Daninthecampo

Leeds forwardline against how we set up is too strong, we would need a Mckenna masterstroke to beat them in the playoffs( which obviously possible)i'd be happy and confident to face any other team in the playoffs

Leeds away haven’t been as strong as their home form.

But recently keeping clean sheets is worrying.

Friday May knock them a bit backwards v Leicester or the reverse if they win.

Tuesday could draw us level. 🤞🏻

👊
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:25 - Feb 19 with 2149 viewsJakeITFC

Southampton for sure football wise, but also from a day out at Wembley perspective I would think that playing Leeds would be absolutely horrible.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:37 - Feb 19 with 2092 viewsArnieM

Whilst not mathematically impossible of attaining 2nd place ( what an achievement that will be), I have resigned myself to the playoffs. To that end, I’d rather finish 4th and play 5th, and let Leeds or Saints slug it out with the usually buoyant 6th placed team, who would likely gain that last play off slot on the last day of the season. Not a team to be faced, whoever it is in my humble opinion.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:45 - Feb 19 with 2051 viewsJakeITFC

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:37 - Feb 19 by ArnieM

Whilst not mathematically impossible of attaining 2nd place ( what an achievement that will be), I have resigned myself to the playoffs. To that end, I’d rather finish 4th and play 5th, and let Leeds or Saints slug it out with the usually buoyant 6th placed team, who would likely gain that last play off slot on the last day of the season. Not a team to be faced, whoever it is in my humble opinion.

Not mathematically impossible lol - we are three points off second with a game in hand.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:49 - Feb 19 with 2019 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:25 - Feb 19 by JakeITFC

Southampton for sure football wise, but also from a day out at Wembley perspective I would think that playing Leeds would be absolutely horrible.

I think that Leeds would really exploit the width of the pitch at Wembley.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:51 - Feb 19 with 2010 viewsportmanking

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 11:49 - Feb 19 by GlasgowBlue

I think that Leeds would really exploit the width of the pitch at Wembley.

Yep, they've got too many threats on a pitch as big as Wembley. Saints over them, any day of the week.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 12:08 - Feb 19 with 1950 viewstextbackup

Leeds fan base would be way too much for us.
Thousands of loud horrible northern blokes Vs the galloway crew.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 1875 viewsRyorry

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 12:08 - Feb 19 by textbackup

Leeds fan base would be way too much for us.
Thousands of loud horrible northern blokes Vs the galloway crew.

I know this might come as a bit of a shock to some softy southerners, but not all northern blokes are either loud or horrible. Even if they are Leeds fans.
[Post edited 19 Feb 12:33]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 12:58 - Feb 19 with 1797 viewstextbackup

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 12:33 - Feb 19 by Ryorry

I know this might come as a bit of a shock to some softy southerners, but not all northern blokes are either loud or horrible. Even if they are Leeds fans.
[Post edited 19 Feb 12:33]

I’ve been to leeds away many times, and seen them down here.

And seen them at Wembley for England games… I’ve made my mind up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 13:07 - Feb 19 with 1728 viewsJimmyJazz

Don't forget that 5th place team could easily be West Brom, who just seem to have our number. They look a really good team when they play us, and then flatter to deceive against other top teams

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 14:06 - Feb 19 with 1599 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 13:07 - Feb 19 by JimmyJazz

Don't forget that 5th place team could easily be West Brom, who just seem to have our number. They look a really good team when they play us, and then flatter to deceive against other top teams

If they are not careful, West Brom could find themselves dropping out of the top six altogether. They looked like that had 5th pretty much sewn up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 14:13 - Feb 19 with 1567 viewsSarge

Easily Southampton. We’ve already beaten them this season and Leeds have been the only team to beat us so comprehensively.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 14:14 - Feb 19 with 1562 viewsElderGrizzly

Leeds still have that occasional habit, especially away from home, of playing like a relegation threatened team. They've lost 6 away and 0 at home.

Leeds bottling against 6th and us beating whoever finishes 5th would do nicely.

That 5th/6th place could come from anyone from Sunderland in 10th upwards too.

I said last week, the stars could align with 'that lot' up the road ending 5th/6th and that would be bloody horrible!
[Post edited 19 Feb 14:15]
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 14:21 - Feb 19 with 1521 viewsTractorCam

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 13:07 - Feb 19 by JimmyJazz

We absolutely tonked them last week. I'd rather play someone else but would definitely make us favourites against them.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 14:35 - Feb 19 with 1461 viewsCLYDE

Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 10:17 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

Is that the tools that allowed Leeds to put 8 past Ipswich?
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 15:08 - Feb 19 with 1404 viewsBigalhunter

I still have this feeling whoever misses out in the Southampton Leeds race will be so deflated, they slip up against a slap happy and surprise 6th place finisher.
Sticking my neck out Preston will do Leeds, we’ll beat WBA and then see off Preston comfortably at Wembley.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 15:32 - Feb 19 with 1367 viewsOldFart71

Perhaps if we played Leeds Clive Woods could come out of retirement and Leeds slip up on another banana.
Leeds or Southampton in the playoffs on 15:48 - Feb 19 with 1334 viewsbilllm

So be it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024