Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? 13:06 - Feb 23 with 5370 viewsurbanpenguin

predictions for tonight's Leeds Leicester game?

What do we want, or what do you think may happen?
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:09 - Feb 23 with 2614 views_clive_baker_

15-0 to Leicester
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:09 - Feb 23 with 2606 viewsHanser

Given it's just a race for second place now, I can't see that an Ipswich supporter would want anything else but for Leicester to thrash Leeds
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 2600 viewsFtnfwest

Leicester i suppose, but either way it will be interesting to see how whoever loses reacts in their next game(s). So a draw then!
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 2600 viewsnorth_stand77

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:09 - Feb 23 by _clive_baker_

15-0 to Leicester

16-0 to Leicester
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:10 - Feb 23 with 2598 viewsWestover

Anything except a Leeds win, I think a draw would be the best result for Town because with the goal difference we have no chance of finishing above Leeds on level points.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:11 - Feb 23 with 2586 viewsDBaldy

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:09 - Feb 23 by _clive_baker_

15-0 to Leicester

This is the correct answer.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 2560 viewsChurchman

Being the fence sitter I am I’ll go 1-1.

I think at this stage Leicester are too strong and will finish top two regardless so I’d prefer them to beat Leeds 15-0. Three sendings off each, three players each injured and out for the season, a riot which shuts Elland Road until June and £100m fine each for bringing the game into disrepute.

Oh, and another £50m fine for Leeds for being arrogant and annoying.

Sorted.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:16 - Feb 23 with 2515 viewsPinewoodblue

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:09 - Feb 23 by Hanser

Given it's just a race for second place now, I can't see that an Ipswich supporter would want anything else but for Leicester to thrash Leeds

Last seasons table after 33 games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB3?saison_id=

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:17 - Feb 23 with 2507 viewswaveneyblue

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:12 - Feb 23 by Churchman

I think at this stage Leicester are too strong and will finish top two regardless so I’d prefer them to beat Leeds 15-0. Three sendings off each, three players each injured and out for the season, a riot which shuts Elland Road until June and £100m fine each for bringing the game into disrepute.

Sorted.

Exactly this -
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:19 - Feb 23 with 2463 viewsFtnfwest

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:12 - Feb 23 by Churchman

Sorted.

and then bamford retrospectively banned for throwing in Leeds' goal again?
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:21 - Feb 23 with 2449 viewsHighgateBlue

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:16 - Feb 23 by Pinewoodblue

Last seasons table after 33 games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB3?saison_id=

We finished closer to 3rd on points than 1st, and if Wednesday had won one more game we wouldn't have got automatic. So those of us wanting Wednesday to lose as many matches as possible at that stage of the season were right. The same applies to Leeds (and Saints) in my view.

Promotion is more important than the title, so I want a big Leicester win, with Leeds getting no points and a goal difference bloody nose. But I don't think that's what will happen. Don't know exactly what will happen, mind...
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 2443 viewsChurchman

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:19 - Feb 23 by Ftnfwest

and then bamford retrospectively banned for throwing in Leeds' goal again?

Yep. And for the ground to burn down during the night, only to find they hadn’t paid their insurance premiums ….unlike Norwich.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 2436 viewsIllinoisblue

I want Leicester to win but Leeds are flying right now. 2-1 home win.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:37 - Feb 23 with 2359 viewsITFC_Forever

No matter what happens, we need to win tomorrow.

But if Leeds win, is it the end of the world? If Leicester get pulled back into touching distance of us, Leeds and Southampton, there are four clubs fighting for two spots, (50% chance theoretically), rather than three clubs fighting for one spot (33% chance).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:39 - Feb 23 with 2341 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:37 - Feb 23 by ITFC_Forever

No matter what happens, we need to win tomorrow.

But if Leeds win, is it the end of the world? If Leicester get pulled back into touching distance of us, Leeds and Southampton, there are four clubs fighting for two spots, (50% chance theoretically), rather than three clubs fighting for one spot (33% chance).

But that assumes the chance is equal

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:42 - Feb 23 with 2330 viewscressi

If leeds win and we win tomorrow it becomes 6 points and possible and squeaky bum time for Leicester and four clubs for 2 spots rather than 3 for one spot win our games is all that matters last season proved that.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:47 - Feb 23 with 2308 viewsStu_boy

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:42 - Feb 23 by cressi

If leeds win and we win tomorrow it becomes 6 points and possible and squeaky bum time for Leicester and four clubs for 2 spots rather than 3 for one spot win our games is all that matters last season proved that.

Similar to my thinking, but a draw would be better given the fact we would move 2pts ahead of leeds with a win and back to 7 within lcfc. Lcfc could start to feel a bit of heat for the business end of the season if we can start to close that gap
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:53 - Feb 23 with 2276 viewsKeno

would it be mean to say 1-1 but a fractious game with lots bookings and red cards

maybe a couple of keys injuries per team (not wishing anyone any harm)

both managers having a bust up and being banned

crowd trouble leading to immediate and severe points deductions

The Leeds team being abducted by aliens and not being to complete their fixtures

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:11 - Feb 23 with 2215 viewsyorkshireblue

Obviously I want Leciester to win, but I think will Leeds will win. 3-1, at 14/1 on SkyBet seems decent value to me.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:20 - Feb 23 with 2178 viewsExiled2Surrey

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:47 - Feb 23 by Stu_boy

Similar to my thinking, but a draw would be better given the fact we would move 2pts ahead of leeds with a win and back to 7 within lcfc. Lcfc could start to feel a bit of heat for the business end of the season if we can start to close that gap

Agree with that - take points out of both our rivals. While it is unlikely we will catch them, we want LCFC to feel that they need to be competitive all the way through to the end of the season - they still have to play Southampton and we don't want them to feel as if they are "on the beach" for that one
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:37 - Feb 23 with 2102 viewsitfcjoe

Leicester are currently going along at 2.36ppg, if that were to drop incredibly to 1.5ppg between now and the end of the season they'll still get 97 points.

All this talk of them being reeled in by anyone is for the birds for me, let them go into the distance and we can be back in 2nd by 5pm tomorrow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:42 - Feb 23 with 2073 viewsITFC_Forever

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 13:39 - Feb 23 by Illinoisblue

But that assumes the chance is equal

Yes, true.....

I must admit, I also think a draw / Leicester win is a good result for us as well and we let Leicester go - which makes it a three-way fight between us, Leeds and Southampton.

Mind you, I thought Leeds were promoted on 23rd December? So I'm not sure how relevant tonight's game is to them.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:43 - Feb 23 with 2066 views_clive_baker_

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:37 - Feb 23 by itfcjoe

Leicester are currently going along at 2.36ppg, if that were to drop incredibly to 1.5ppg between now and the end of the season they'll still get 97 points.

All this talk of them being reeled in by anyone is for the birds for me, let them go into the distance and we can be back in 2nd by 5pm tomorrow

100%. Fanciful to think we'll out pace them by 10 points between now and the end of the season. They would have to perform under their ppg to even drop 10 points, let alone us win 16 on the bounce. They'll finish on well over 100 points.

3 of their next 7 games are Leeds, Southampton and Norwich and I hope they spank all 3 of them.
Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:43 - Feb 23 with 2068 viewsN2_Blue

I really don't understand people thinking a draw is best. It's like a 1% probability we are catching Leicester. And in the event we catch Leicester we haven't got to worry about anyone else as we are winning the league as we'd probably need to win 11-12 of the last 13 games.

If we lose out to Leeds by a point or goal difference (and yes i think it's going to be that close), wishing for a draw is going to seem abit crazy.

That said I would take a draw now because it's leeds dropping two points at home...but what we really want is a Leeds defeat. There really is no other better outcome. So come on the Foxes!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:48 - Feb 23 with 2037 views_clive_baker_

Leeds V Leicester - what do we want? on 14:43 - Feb 23 by N2_Blue

I really don't understand people thinking a draw is best. It's like a 1% probability we are catching Leicester. And in the event we catch Leicester we haven't got to worry about anyone else as we are winning the league as we'd probably need to win 11-12 of the last 13 games.

If we lose out to Leeds by a point or goal difference (and yes i think it's going to be that close), wishing for a draw is going to seem abit crazy.

That said I would take a draw now because it's leeds dropping two points at home...but what we really want is a Leeds defeat. There really is no other better outcome. So come on the Foxes!

15-0 Leicester mate, puts us 2nd tonight.

Leeds look in fine form sadly, I think they'll be too strong tonight for the Foxes but a home defeat would certainly be a) hugely helpful to us and certainly the best outcome, and b) a real test of their character to bounce back from.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024