Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... 19:10 - Feb 26 with 2275 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....but not sure I can handle being reminded that we are a global embarrassment. Is anybody else feeling brave?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:13 - Feb 26 with 1602 viewsMattinLondon

Maybe in 31 years time as I think for the next 30 years the BBC will bang on about it continuously.
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:16 - Feb 26 with 1582 viewsNthQldITFC

Am I the only one who really doesn't mind, is pleased for Maidstone and hopes Leeds, Leicester and Southampton suffer morale sapping thrashings, or heartbreak on penalties (or win and suffer the above in the quarter or semi finals). It were a freak, and we're so good it don't matter.

Mind you, I'm not gonna watch in case they go on about it!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:24 - Feb 26 with 1539 viewsMattinLondon

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:16 - Feb 26 by NthQldITFC

Am I the only one who really doesn't mind, is pleased for Maidstone and hopes Leeds, Leicester and Southampton suffer morale sapping thrashings, or heartbreak on penalties (or win and suffer the above in the quarter or semi finals). It were a freak, and we're so good it don't matter.

You would think that the Chelsea players would really want to make amends for losing in the League Cup and so they could really go for Leeds. Southampton are at Liverpool who are in the middle of an injury crisis, so a full strength saints team could well pose them some problems.

So possibly both Chelsea and Soton will go full-strength or almost full-strength given the more glamorous opposition.
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 1494 viewsOldsmoker

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:13 - Feb 26 by MattinLondon

Maybe in 31 years time as I think for the next 30 years the BBC will bang on about it continuously.

They haven't banged on about the FA Cup loss to Lincoln.

Sorry - shouldn't have said that.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:39 - Feb 26 with 1466 viewsOldsmoker

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:16 - Feb 26 by NthQldITFC

You're quite right.
Leeds, Leicester and Southampton, who claim they are far too good for the Championship, should be seen as Premier clubs.
This means that Cov v Stone is the outlier 'cos every other tie is between Premier clubs.
Morale sapping thrashings all around please.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:49 - Feb 26 with 1435 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm watching. Praying for a Maidstone win.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 1432 viewsChurchman

I did mind. A lot.

But it’s all in the past. It’s done. They deserved it and will benefit far far more as a club than we would have done having to deal with an additional fixture in a competition we cannot win.
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 1431 viewsGlasgowBlue

Their keeper has already made a great save.

edit. 3 minutes in and Ipswich have already been mentioned at least 5 times.
[Post edited 26 Feb 19:51]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 1419 viewsRyorry

Right with you comrade, but have just switched on and am fronting it out

Three minutes in, five ITFC mentions, 0-0.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:51 - Feb 26 with 1419 viewsEastTownBlue

The first words I heard when switching on the TV were "the Ipswich success". Another mention of us within a minute later. It still hurts.
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:56 - Feb 26 with 1374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:51 - Feb 26 by EastTownBlue

The first words I heard when switching on the TV were "the Ipswich success". Another mention of us within a minute later. It still hurts.

1-0 Cov.

Iron Lion Zion

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:56 - Feb 26 with 1374 viewsgainsboroughblue

And 40 goal attempts later, they are trailing.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:59 - Feb 26 with 1346 viewsSitfcB

Coventry have done what we couldn’t, score early.

Should be 4/5-0 now.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:59 - Feb 26 with 1345 viewslizzibee

Plucked up the courage. Only mentioned Ipswich about seven times in the first few minutes. Hoping for a Coventry win by some margin to send them packing…so far so good
Then wants Leeds and Southampton to win, just to make them play more games and tire some of their players
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:00 - Feb 26 with 1326 viewsgainsboroughblue

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:59 - Feb 26 by lizzibee

Plucked up the courage. Only mentioned Ipswich about seven times in the first few minutes. Hoping for a Coventry win by some margin to send them packing…so far so good
Then wants Leeds and Southampton to win, just to make them play more games and tire some of their players

I'd rather Maidstone win so Cov can share some of the burden.

Hmm. 0-2 as I type.

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:00 - Feb 26 with 1321 viewsGlasgowBlue

2-0

Iron Lion Zion

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:00 - Feb 26 with 1324 viewsquirkie

This is going to end up 10-0 isn't it?

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:01 - Feb 26 with 1314 viewsRyorry

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 19:56 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

1-0 Cov.

2-0

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:02 - Feb 26 with 1291 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's not like Coventry will stick 10 past them ... oh.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:02 - Feb 26 with 1282 viewsgainsboroughblue

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:00 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

2-0

15 mins in. We arguably, should've had 3 by this point.

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 1279 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He probably saves both of those against us

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:03 - Feb 26 with 1280 viewsbazza

Who cares, it’s better we are out. Hopefully all the championship clubs left in it, pick up loads of injuries.. and I hope Maidstone get battered .
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:04]
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:10 - Feb 26 with 1183 viewsgainsboroughblue

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:03 - Feb 26 by bazza

Who cares, it’s better we are out. Hopefully all the championship clubs left in it, pick up loads of injuries.. and I hope Maidstone get battered .
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:04]

If Cov make the semis, it means a rearranged game for us.

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:11 - Feb 26 with 1170 viewslizzibee

Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:00 - Feb 26 by gainsboroughblue

I'd rather Maidstone win so Cov can share some of the burden.

Hmm. 0-2 as I type.

I’m not worried about Coventry in the league. The reaction from Maidstone when they drew sand the Coventry was somewhat arrogant. Wasn’t much I liked about them so glad if they are thumped.
Was thinking about watching Maidstone tonight.... on 20:17 - Feb 26 with 1114 viewssmithy69

A global embarrassment? Lol

Think that’s a bit over the top :)

Personally haven’t given the FA CUP a thought since about 2 days after we lost
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024