Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board 16:57 - Mar 3 with 6474 viewsHipsterectomy

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/ipswich.1628816/

Vast majority are extrememly complimentary about us and our owners, with a few stating we will be fincancilly ruined if/when we don't go up

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 16:59 - Mar 3 with 5702 viewsBiGDonnie

FFS, I'm three replies down and already p*ssed. Have a team ever made so many teams this jealous before?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 17:03 - Mar 3 with 5673 viewsSitfcB

‘They’ve done well in a really poor league but can’t see them going up ahead of any of Southampton, Leicester or Leeds’

How in earth is it a poor league

And the ‘financially ruined’ stuff if we don’t go up is such a lazy opinion of many opposition fans, we’ve hardly spent anything.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 5321 viewsGeoffSentence

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 17:03 - Mar 3 by SitfcB

‘They’ve done well in a really poor league but can’t see them going up ahead of any of Southampton, Leicester or Leeds’

And the ‘financially ruined’ stuff if we don’t go up is such a lazy opinion of many opposition fans, we’ve hardly spent anything.

Everyone seems baffled by how good we have been so are filling a void with bollox.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 5333 viewsClareBlue

If there ever was a club getting towards the premiership without financially risking everything for the big reward it is us. There won't have been as may sustainable premiership pushes as ours have been. We won't be financially ruined if we miss out. Anyway, it's not just been about the Premiership. The whole club, town and support base has been having a great time. It's fun watching the team, it's fun being in Ipswich after a match, it's fun joining the away support. And as a supporter who is doing a 50 year anniversary since my first match this year, it great to see young supporters in the fan zone and at matches enjoying exciting and successful football.
That's what the last 18 months mean.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 5079 viewsFromReuserWithLove

It's incredible isn't it. Always amazed how many people can spout such ignorant nonsense with such unwavering authority.

The crazy wage figures that are spouted too. We've openly admitted how cautious we've been and that caution has actually frustrated fans during transfer windows. The real expenditure has been off the pitch due to playing catch-up after years of neglect.

It all just means we're doing well.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:05 - Mar 3 with 5000 viewsbobbyramsey

They haven't got a clue about how we are funded and are just reverting to the "norm."

It's a poor league because they're in it.....
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:06 - Mar 3 with 4990 viewsbazza

Says a lot about them if this league is poor given their league position.😂
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 4935 viewsSwansea_Blue

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 16:59 - Mar 3 by BiGDonnie

FFS, I'm three replies down and already p*ssed. Have a team ever made so many teams this jealous before?

First page seemed ok. A couple of chumps talking balls, but corrected by others. They seem more pissed off with how they’re run than jealous of us imo. Don’t blame them either - they seem to be having a Marcus Evans moment lately.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:19 - Mar 3 with 4841 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:12 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

First page seemed ok. A couple of chumps talking balls, but corrected by others. They seem more pissed off with how they’re run than jealous of us imo. Don’t blame them either - they seem to be having a Marcus Evans moment lately.

Thing is they've spent a LOT over the last few years just on potential rather than oven ready. Cirkin and Clarke are top players but cost more than any of our signings. They have a lot of young talent.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:38 - Mar 3 with 4664 viewsEuropablue

A really poor league that somehow Sunderland have not performed as well as a newly promoted team.
I feel their pain. When we were struggling in League One, some of us were complaining that it is a poor league, but the fact was that we weren't performing well enough.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:45 - Mar 3 with 4582 viewsbritbiker

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:38 - Mar 3 by Europablue

A really poor league that somehow Sunderland have not performed as well as a newly promoted team.
I feel their pain. When we were struggling in League One, some of us were complaining that it is a poor league, but the fact was that we weren't performing well enough.

I don't get the poor league stuff.
Last year Burnley walked it.

This year we three brilliant attacking teams in Leeds, Leicester and Southampton. All with substantial payrolls. Then there is little old Ipswich apparently getting lucky most weeks and mixing it up with the "Big Boys".

Big chance one of those three may miss out which would cause a big sell off in summer.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:49 - Mar 3 with 4539 viewsjayessess

Think there's a big tendency amongst some fans to assume everyone who's doing it better than you must be being reckless.

There's a guy on there who's absolutely 100% certain that we're massively out-on-a-limb on FFP because we ran up a big wage bill in 2021-22 and seemingly thinks our revenues will be roughly the same in the Championship.

Well, our revenue in 2021-22 was £14.4m and we were getting an average gate of 21,779, getting League One broadcast revenues and as mid-table League One team appearing on TV once in a blue moon.

For comparison Middlesbrough's 2021-22 accounts had them earning approximately double that (£28.6m) off the back of similar crowds (21,699) and no involvement in the promotion race.

This season we've been on Sky virtually every bloody week and have had another 7000 fans through the gates every week, buying tickets, spending money in hospitality, buying merch etc. etc. I'd be surprised if our revenue isn't at least double what it was in 2021-22.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:52 - Mar 3 with 4523 viewsChurchman

It is a mixture of jealousy, ignorance, bewilderment (we must have bought success paying Broadhead £45k pw), hope that we will fail and sell 15 players and anger at their own disappointing season.

Some are realistic though.

It’s odd that so many people of other clubs hope we’ll fail. It’s as if they agree with the PLs idea of a closed shop - which will come in the next few years, in my view.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 19:10 - Mar 3 with 4332 viewsnorfsufblue

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:49 - Mar 3 by jayessess

Think there's a big tendency amongst some fans to assume everyone who's doing it better than you must be being reckless.

There's a guy on there who's absolutely 100% certain that we're massively out-on-a-limb on FFP because we ran up a big wage bill in 2021-22 and seemingly thinks our revenues will be roughly the same in the Championship.

Well, our revenue in 2021-22 was £14.4m and we were getting an average gate of 21,779, getting League One broadcast revenues and as mid-table League One team appearing on TV once in a blue moon.

For comparison Middlesbrough's 2021-22 accounts had them earning approximately double that (£28.6m) off the back of similar crowds (21,699) and no involvement in the promotion race.

This season we've been on Sky virtually every bloody week and have had another 7000 fans through the gates every week, buying tickets, spending money in hospitality, buying merch etc. etc. I'd be surprised if our revenue isn't at least double what it was in 2021-22.

Let not forget what MA said about shirts.... 10,000 sold in z good year and now we are selling 40,000+ and let's be honest they ain't cheap! £55 × 40000 is £2.2 mil just on one shop item, god knows what they are raking in from that shop, it's packed every match and always till queues
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 19:27 - Mar 3 with 4193 viewspointofblue

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 18:52 - Mar 3 by Churchman

It is a mixture of jealousy, ignorance, bewilderment (we must have bought success paying Broadhead £45k pw), hope that we will fail and sell 15 players and anger at their own disappointing season.

Some are realistic though.

It’s odd that so many people of other clubs hope we’ll fail. It’s as if they agree with the PLs idea of a closed shop - which will come in the next few years, in my view.

Sunderland were in the hunt for Moore in January as well, so there is going to be some annoyance because of that.

They seem to believe we're inundated with strikers. Not sure who they're thinking of? The one who's injured, the one who isn't proven outside of League Two or the one who's much better on the right.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:04 - Mar 3 with 3827 viewsbaxterbasics

Not sure I buy what they are saying about our 'huge' wage bill, or what the source is for 114% wage to income ratio.

Moore on 45K? - that's not designed to be long term if so - he's cover for injured Hirst. In the event we can keep him long term, either that will be in the Prem or on a reduced contract in Championship.

The other thing potentially bumping our wage bill is Brandon Williams, said to be on £65K at Man U - there's been some discussion about whether or not we are still paying for him but regardless, if that cost is being included in the calculations then that's another big chunk we can disregard for the longer term.

So this argument about how we are somehow gambling a wedge on promotion and are done for if we don't go up seems well overblown.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:13 - Mar 3 with 3731 viewsDarkBrandon

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 19:10 - Mar 3 by norfsufblue

Let not forget what MA said about shirts.... 10,000 sold in z good year and now we are selling 40,000+ and let's be honest they ain't cheap! £55 × 40000 is £2.2 mil just on one shop item, god knows what they are raking in from that shop, it's packed every match and always till queues

They aren’t going to all be adult kits, and we won’t keep all the money. You can probably divide your number by a factor of 4
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:25 - Mar 3 with 3603 viewsHelp

God that was boring. 2 pages of 11 and gave up
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 3522 viewsstrikalite

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:25 - Mar 3 by Help

Just read this and be done with it, in reply to a Town fan who posted..

"Fair play, your lot have shown what can be done, and pi$$ all over some of the sh!re that's been posted on here since we came up, ignore some on here who have fallen into our Clubs trap in that anyone who shows ambition will go bust"
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:37 - Mar 3 with 3503 viewsgainsboroughblue

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:25 - Mar 3 by Help

I know what you mean.

Mind you, not a patch on Bristol City's 85 odd.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 21:43 - Mar 3 with 3088 viewsjayessess

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 20:04 - Mar 3 by baxterbasics

Not sure I buy what they are saying about our 'huge' wage bill, or what the source is for 114% wage to income ratio.

Moore on 45K? - that's not designed to be long term if so - he's cover for injured Hirst. In the event we can keep him long term, either that will be in the Prem or on a reduced contract in Championship.

The other thing potentially bumping our wage bill is Brandon Williams, said to be on £65K at Man U - there's been some discussion about whether or not we are still paying for him but regardless, if that cost is being included in the calculations then that's another big chunk we can disregard for the longer term.

So this argument about how we are somehow gambling a wedge on promotion and are done for if we don't go up seems well overblown.

Our last accounts (2021/22) had our revenue at £14.4m and overall wage bill at £16.4m, which works out at 113.8%.

We only posted a loss of £12.6m though, which is £1.3m below what's permitted under the EFL's financial rules and our income went up in 2022-23.

Moore's neither here nor there really, even if we covered every penny of his wages, it's only 17 weeks, so the total cost would only be about £750k. When you compare it to some of the transfer fees Sunderland have paid for total dross like Nazariy Rusyn, it barely registers as a financial outlay.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 21:46 - Mar 3 with 3060 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s the only forum asides from ours I post on. Have done for years. I’m actually in that thread around page 7 onwards I think - IpswichFanInPewce. Good bunch are Sunderland

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 21:47 - Mar 3 with 3033 viewsVic

I’m curious to know how near thi# bit is to the truth:

“They’re spending something like 140% of revenue on wages. “

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 05:28 - Mar 4 with 2397 viewsguenchev

Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 19:10 - Mar 3 by norfsufblue

I bought an orange away shirt for my wife today. She likes Ed Sheeran and knows I support Ipswich and we do watch games on Town TV, so she wanted one. Funny thing is we are both from Bulgaria and currently live in America. Never been to Ipswich or England (except the airport connecting flights). I have supported Ipswich since my early teens in the 80ies. Hoping to one day come in for a game.
Big thread about us on the Sunderland board on 06:01 - Mar 4 with 2340 viewsWestcountryblue

Financially ruined....carrying little debt, following FFP rules, with huge increases in commercial revenue & TV sponsorship money, maintaining a squad largely comprised of players purchased in League One, with several sellable assets ranging from 5m to 20m plus...

Sorry, but that is BS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024