Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracted players for next season.... 13:41 - Mar 14 with 2660 viewsitfcjoe

...following on from the 'overhaul' thread I make it these players will count against the squad limit next season and are contracted:

Over 21s contracted - i.e.will count against the squad limit - 20 players

GK (1)
Slicker

RB (1)
Clarke

LB (1)
Davis

CB (4)
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ndaba
Baggott

CM (5)
Morsy
Taylor
Luongo
Humphreys
El Mizouni

W/10 (4)
Burns
Chaplin
Harness
Broadhead

CF (4)
Al-Hamadi
Hirst
Ahadme
Ladapo

Out of contract - 10 players
Walton
Ball
Burgess
Jackson
Aluko
Camara
Hladky
Hayes
Tuanzebe
Donacien

You'd expect Burgess and one of the keepers to be retained as an absolute bare minimum there, personally I'd say both keepers, even if it is just to try and sell Walton

Effectively leaves us like this at 23 of the allowed 25 players

GK (3)
Slicker
Hladky
Walton

RB (1)
Clarke

LB (1)
Davis

CB (5)
Edmundson
Woolfenden
Ndaba
Baggott
Burgess

CM (5)
Morsy
Taylor
Luongo
Humphreys
El Mizouni

W/10 (4)
Burns
Chaplin
Harness
Broadhead

CF (4)
Al-Hamadi
Hirst
Ahadme
Ladapo

GK - 1 will likely go
CB - Imagine at least 1, if not both, of Baggott and Ndaba go out on loan
CM - El Mizouni likely not to play a part here
CF - Ladapo to go, Ahadme loan or sale

Takes us down to about 17 players so 8 slots which we are very likely to fill, plus the sale of players we don't want to lose (i.e. Davis), and the sale of players we are maybe happier to move on (i.e. Edmundson, or even Taylor)

I could see us pushing back up to the 25 man limit next season as KMc likes a big squad, and there being 10 new signings in that, whether they be permanent or loan.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:44 - Mar 14 with 2279 viewshoppy

Was Tuanzebe only on a contract til the end of this season?

Was there an option on him for a further season?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:45 - Mar 14 with 2267 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Midfield going to be such a key area for us.

Morsy and Luongo aren't getting any younger. Taylor hasn't quite hit the heights I thought he might, albeit playing a role in a system that does not fit him at all. Humphreys, needs to play games on loan.

Morsy I'm sure has got another top year in him, Luongo I am not sure.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:51 - Mar 14 with 2211 viewsKeno

Of the players we have on loan who do you think might stay? In order of 'likeliness'

Travis
Moore
Jeremy
Omari
Williams

Have I missed anyone?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:53 - Mar 14 with 2192 viewsitfcjoe

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:44 - Mar 14 by hoppy

Was Tuanzebe only on a contract til the end of this season?

Was there an option on him for a further season?

There is an option for a further season but if he can't get in the team now, he won't get in it next year when we'd be trying to improve, for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:59 - Mar 14 with 2127 viewsHelp

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:51 - Mar 14 by Keno

Of the players we have on loan who do you think might stay? In order of 'likeliness'

Travis
Moore
Jeremy
Omari
Williams

Have I missed anyone?

None I'm afraid.
I suspect that Morsy.... on 14:02 - Mar 14 with 2112 viewsBloots

....will go in the summer.

I can see the Middle East money being too much for him to turn down at his age.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I suspect that Morsy.... on 14:05 - Mar 14 with 2077 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

I suspect that Morsy.... on 14:02 - Mar 14 by Bloots

Feel he might stay if we go up. To experience the Premier League, plus builds his profile for a move to Middle East afterwards.

If we stay down, I'm worried
I suspect that Morsy.... on 14:07 - Mar 14 with 2063 viewsKieran_Knows

I suspect that Morsy.... on 14:02 - Mar 14 by Bloots

I think it would come down to whether we went up or not.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:26 - Mar 14 with 1954 viewsKeno

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:59 - Mar 14 by Help

None I'm afraid.

I can see Travis being here especially if Sam goes

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:28 - Mar 14 with 1930 viewsFrimleyBlue

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:26 - Mar 14 by Keno

I think his lack of game time has been quite interesting tbh, luongo has looked really leggy yet travis not getting minutes still and taylor getting the nod as soon as back
Think he was just a solid injury cover signing rather than someone we'll see feature much and can't see a place for him next season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:35 - Mar 14 with 1919 viewsportmanking

Contracted players for next season.... on 13:53 - Mar 14 by itfcjoe

There is an option for a further season but if he can't get in the team now, he won't get in it next year when we'd be trying to improve, for me

He's no Charlie Hughes, is he? Nudge nudge, wink wink.
Contracted players for next season.... on 14:46 - Mar 14 with 1864 viewsVegtablue

Is Walton one of our higher earners currently? Could be a risk to extend if McKenna doesn't rate him as #1.
Contracted players for next season.... on 14:59 - Mar 14 with 1809 viewshoppy

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:26 - Mar 14 by Keno

The Only Thing is whether he'd be any Closer to getting a Turn in the Side. We'll have to see What Will Come. If Sam stays, I think it's a case of As You Are, in My Eyes...
[Post edited 14 Mar 15:00]

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:02 - Mar 14 with 1784 viewsxrayspecs

Humphreys will still be an U21 next season. I also believe that El Miz will be out of contract, albeit we have an option on him.

I can see Cam B and Vas getting new deals. I also suspect that Slicker will go out on loan as I do not see him as back up keeper. Henry G may take on the third keeper role, as an U21, so would not count towards squad numbers, in the same way that KS did not this season.

As you say, there could be a good amount of churn. Do we go back for Sam Gallagher? We should also be able to secure some decent Prem loans, if clubs see us as top end Championship and KM stays.
[Post edited 14 Mar 15:04]
Contracted players for next season.... on 15:04 - Mar 14 with 1769 viewshoppy

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:02 - Mar 14 by xrayspecs

Humphreys will still be an U21 next season. I also believe that El Miz will be out of contract, albeit we have an option on him.

I can see Cam B and Vas getting new deals. I also suspect that Slicker will go out on loan as I do not see him as back up keeper. Henry G may take on the third keeper role, as an U21, so would not count towards squad numbers, in the same way that KS did not this season.

As you say, there could be a good amount of churn. Do we go back for Sam Gallagher? We should also be able to secure some decent Prem loans, if clubs see us as top end Championship and KM stays.
[Post edited 14 Mar 15:04]

What do we do if clubs see us as top end Championship, and we're in the Premier League?

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:05 - Mar 14 with 1754 viewsxrayspecs

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:04 - Mar 14 by hoppy

What do we do if clubs see us as top end Championship, and we're in the Premier League?

Ha. If we do go up, then we are going to need 24 new players to keep Leif company.
Contracted players for next season.... on 15:11 - Mar 14 with 1727 viewsitfcsuth

Burgess, Donacien, Walton & Hladky to be offered new deals hopefully. Would imagine (and probably prefer) Walton to return to number 1 from next season.

GK: Walton, Slicker, Hladky
RB: Clarke, Donacien
CB: Woolfenden, Edmundson, Burgess, +1
LB: L.Davis
CM: Morsy, Luongo, Taylor, +1
CAM: Chaplin +1
RW: Burns, +1
LW: Broadhead, Harness, +1
ST: Hirst, Al-HAmadi, F.Ladapo

Departures (Loan/Sale/Released) - Baggott, Ndaba, Humphreys, El Mizouni, Ahadme, Ball, Jackson, Aluko, Camara, Hayes, Tuanzebe.
Contracted players for next season.... on 15:22 - Mar 14 with 1679 viewstractorboy1978

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:11 - Mar 14 by itfcsuth

Burgess, Donacien, Walton & Hladky to be offered new deals hopefully. Would imagine (and probably prefer) Walton to return to number 1 from next season.

Departures (Loan/Sale/Released) - Baggott, Ndaba, Humphreys, El Mizouni, Ahadme, Ball, Jackson, Aluko, Camara, Hayes, Tuanzebe.

Why would Walton come back in now? Think it's clear being a ball player is the most key thing McKenna values. Slicker is very much in the Hladky mould too. Expect we will sell Walton and look to get his sizeable wages off the books.
Contracted players for next season.... on 16:28 - Mar 14 with 1490 viewshoppy

Cant see Ladapo being back in next season. He'll go this summer, imho.

Contracted players for next season.... on 16:38 - Mar 14 with 1435 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Can't see Donacian staying. Love him, he's been brilliant since the moment Cook came in and he stuck it out through a horrible period where he was dismissed by Lambert because Lambo managed him 6 years ago so obviously already knee all he could know as players never change, improve or develop ever.

But with where we are he doesn't get a look in now and I don't see him here.

Legit cult hero for me and i hope he gets chance to get his goal before he leaves

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Contracted players for next season.... on 16:58 - Mar 14 with 1359 viewsTVRBlue

Contracted players for next season.... on 15:22 - Mar 14 by tractorboy1978

Why would Walton come back in now? Think it's clear being a ball player is the most key thing McKenna values. Slicker is very much in the Hladky mould too. Expect we will sell Walton and look to get his sizeable wages off the books.

An interesting situation regarding Walton.

I assume contract talks between his agent and the club will happen (if they haven't started already) and, if he (Walton) isn't happy with the new contract offer, coupled with the fact he isn't actually getting much game time, he might decide to leave the club as a free agent at the end of his current contract.

As a transfer fee would not be required I imagine he could get a good signing on fee as part of his contract negotiations with a new club, a new club where he would be considered a number one keeper.

Just a thought.
Contracted players for next season.... on 17:02 - Mar 14 with 1338 viewstractorboy1978

Contracted players for next season.... on 16:58 - Mar 14 by TVRBlue

An interesting situation regarding Walton.

I assume contract talks between his agent and the club will happen (if they haven't started already) and, if he (Walton) isn't happy with the new contract offer, coupled with the fact he isn't actually getting much game time, he might decide to leave the club as a free agent at the end of his current contract.

As a transfer fee would not be required I imagine he could get a good signing on fee as part of his contract negotiations with a new club, a new club where he would be considered a number one keeper.

Just a thought.

Believe we have a year's option so it's out of his hands.
Contracted players for next season.... on 17:08 - Mar 14 with 1318 viewsTVRBlue

Contracted players for next season.... on 17:02 - Mar 14 by tractorboy1978

Believe we have a year's option so it's out of his hands.

I see! Thanks for this, I hadn't seen that mentioned during this post so wasn't aware.

So the year's option the club have "over" him - would it be fair to assume that would have to be on the same salary as he's currently on - bearing in mind it's mentioned by others above he's one of our higher earners.

I wonder if the year's option allows for any variation in his contract - by either party.

Hmmmm.......interesting.
Contracted players for next season.... on 18:25 - Mar 14 with 1127 viewsdavblue

Contracted players for next season.... on 14:35 - Mar 14 by portmanking

He's no Charlie Hughes, is he? Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Watched him on Tuesday night. Didn’t stand out in that game at all or catch my eye.

Obviously a very limited eye test granted.
Contracted players for next season.... on 20:19 - Mar 14 with 936 viewsVegtablue

Contracted players for next season.... on 17:08 - Mar 14 by TVRBlue

I see! Thanks for this, I hadn't seen that mentioned during this post so wasn't aware.

So the year's option the club have "over" him - would it be fair to assume that would have to be on the same salary as he's currently on - bearing in mind it's mentioned by others above he's one of our higher earners.

I wonder if the year's option allows for any variation in his contract - by either party.

Hmmmm.......interesting.

New contracts can be agreed between registered player and club all the while, in the event both parties are willing to renegotiate terms. Walton won't have agreed to us holding a one-year option over him on reduced wages.

Providing we're not paying him significantly more than he may earn elsewhere, I imagine Walton will push to leave in the summer if he isn't reinstated (internally) to 1st choice. Ideally from his perspective it would be as a free agent. We shouldn't extend his contract unless we're happy to retain him on current terms for the season, or certain he would be offered satisfactory terms by another club in the summer. It's questionable what fee we could attract for someone who hasn't received league minutes this campaign.

If we identify him as our #1 next season, it would be better to offer a new contract beyond the one-year extension option IMO. We could offer him a new contract on reduced terms, in the event we saw him as a great #2.
[Post edited 14 Mar 20:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024