Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancer treatment waiting times. 09:05 - Mar 23 with 3147 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody know what they are like over Windsor way.
#brokenrulebritannia

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:13 - Mar 23 with 2173 viewsSwansea_Blue

Surely you mean over in Wales?

#brokeninmorewaysthanone

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 2164 viewstextbackup

Whatever someone’s position in life, you’d not be anti them getting treated for cancer (especially a mother with a young family, would you?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:28 - Mar 23 with 2108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:16 - Mar 23 by textbackup

Whatever someone’s position in life, you’d not be anti them getting treated for cancer (especially a mother with a young family, would you?

Absolutely not, which indirectly was the point being made (some people are able to get more timely treatment than others). Although Cancer treatment wait times are at least better than for some other illness types.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:30 - Mar 23 with 2076 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:16 - Mar 23 by textbackup

Nice idea!

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:32 - Mar 23 with 2054 viewsZx1988

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-68435770

158 days to meet a 62-day target. Sickening.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:35 - Mar 23 with 2012 viewspointofblue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:28 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Absolutely not, which indirectly was the point being made (some people are able to get more timely treatment than others). Although Cancer treatment wait times are at least better than for some other illness types.

You've got money, you get treated. Someone I know has been waiting for years to get treatment on the NHS, with constant back and forth and long waiting times. They snapped and went private in late February - a much needed operation is planned for next month.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:43 - Mar 23 with 1949 viewsnorth_stand77

Well I can tell you that I've had 2 types of cancer and have been very well looked after, which is not unusual.

I've required umpteen surgeries, scans, xrays and stays in hospital and am still being well monitored. Both cancers were very life threatening but I'm still here enjoying life thanks to the NHS system.

I wouldn't wish my diagnosis on anyone, let alone a young woman with a young family. Money/ privelege etc means little when it comes to cancer.

I don't think it's fair to use cancer as a swipe at the Royal family.
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 1878 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:43 - Mar 23 by north_stand77

Well I can tell you that I've had 2 types of cancer and have been very well looked after, which is not unusual.

I've required umpteen surgeries, scans, xrays and stays in hospital and am still being well monitored. Both cancers were very life threatening but I'm still here enjoying life thanks to the NHS system.

I wouldn't wish my diagnosis on anyone, let alone a young woman with a young family. Money/ privelege etc means little when it comes to cancer.

It's not fair to use cancer as a swipe at the Royal Family

It is fair to hold the Tories to account for the way their Austerity policies followed by their Brexit obsession have turned a first class NHS into a service on a downward spiral, with excellent and experienced staff demoralised and leaving as a result.

Waiting times were a priority under Blair and Brown, and they delivered. The Tories have trashed their legacy. Was it their intention to destroy a free at point of use Health Service and replace it with an insurance model, or merely incompetence. Either way, judge them by the results.
Login to get fewer ads

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:06 - Mar 23 with 1840 viewspointofblue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:00 - Mar 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's not fair to use cancer as a swipe at the Royal Family

It is fair to hold the Tories to account for the way their Austerity policies followed by their Brexit obsession have turned a first class NHS into a service on a downward spiral, with excellent and experienced staff demoralised and leaving as a result.

Waiting times were a priority under Blair and Brown, and they delivered. The Tories have trashed their legacy. Was it their intention to destroy a free at point of use Health Service and replace it with an insurance model, or merely incompetence. Either way, judge them by the results.

New Labour caused some of the problems which the NHS is suffering from now, such as expanding PFIs. No doubt they were better than the Tories but that isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:20 - Mar 23 with 1794 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It’s as fast as you like if it’s not on the NHS.
I’m not really sure what your angle is here with the ‘Windsor’ point.

You can have a wider discussion about NHS waiting times without involving the royals.
But that’s not your style.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:24 - Mar 23 with 1760 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:43 - Mar 23 by north_stand77

It wasn't.
Glad to hear your experience has been positive. It is not always thus for us plebs.

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:30 - Mar 23 with 1730 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:06 - Mar 23 by pointofblue

New Labour caused some of the problems which the NHS is suffering from now, such as expanding PFIs. No doubt they were better than the Tories but that isn't exactly a high bar to clear.

I totally agree re PFIs- it was under Labour that some NHS Trusts started to charge Nurses to park at the hospital they were employing them to work at, which I always felt was the most iniquitous illustration of PFIs at work.

But the bigger picture is better than you paint it. It's not just that the NHS was better under New Labour than the Tories, it was, to use a Johnson-ism, genuinely "World Leading" on relevant metrics:

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/07/11/how-britains-healthcare-system-stopped-being-

(One non-paywall article to illustrate the decline, but a Google shows that there are plenty from Tory slanted news sources confirming this.)
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:36 - Mar 23 with 1700 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:24 - Mar 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

It wasn't.
Glad to hear your experience has been positive. It is not always thus for us plebs.

Yes it was, else why mention 'Windsor'?
Don't use someones cancer diagnosis as a means to attack their privilege, its really tw*tish.

There are kids and a family involved, its no reason to stick it to the establishment.

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:42 - Mar 23 with 1669 viewsChurchman

I can only tell you Mrs Cs experience in Kent. She was diagnosed with something similar to the PoW and was told on 12th Jan. Her operation (a major one) was done 14th Feb. In between it was visits to Maidstone for tests, scans, pre-op procedure.

In the five weeks since she’s been recovering and 2 April starts a course of preventative radiotherapy. After that she will see the consultant again and from there, I suspect monitoring for a few years to come (10 years of that for a close friend of mine who had Stage 4 breast cancer in 2012).

The care afforded to Mrs C has been brilliant. Amazing people. They have done exactly what they said they’d do, when they said they were going to do it. She gets the odd call to see how she is and is able to speak to somebody any time if she needs to.

I can’t fault the treatment she’s had tbh or the timescales. Would it have been better had she been the PoW or gone privately? I doubt it.

Has she been lucky, given healthcare is postcode lottery in this country? Don’t know. Other peoples experiences might answer that.

Is the treatment for cancer better than for other less ‘fashionable’ (excuse the poor terminology) diseases? Possibly. Certainly the treatment Mrs Cs brother got for a major abdominal problem was not great. He had to wait too many months for a condition that was worsening and impairing his quality of life.

In terms of the treatment the privileged get, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t better than for us plebs. However, in Mrs Cs case, I’d say not.

Overall, care should be the same for whoever you are. There shouldn’t be a postcode lottery or treatment based on wealth. There should be money for the people that do this work and facilities to match.

There are no excuses. In a £3tn economy it can and should be done. Can resources be used more effectively? Of course but that’s no reason to starve services of money by comparison with our peers in say Europe. You only do that if you don’t believe in it - which they don’t.
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:56 - Mar 23 with 1605 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:36 - Mar 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Don't use someones cancer diagnosis as a means to attack their privilege, its really tw*tish.

There are kids and a family involved, its no reason to stick it to the establishment.

We all know there is huge inequality and privilege in this country, and that having the Royal Family sitting at the top of our society legitimises it.

But I wouldn't want to use a life-changing accident or serious illness to score political points about that.

And the media intrusion a d speculation has already disgusted me.

There are plenty of other questions to ask

I am more concerned that William's Uncle has bought himself out of having to account for his part in alleged serious sexual crimes against a young woman, for example. And even more so that it was the Late Queen who stumped up the cash, when she was the person in whom the ultimate authority of the United Kingdom's (not to mention plenty of other nations') Criminal Justice system resides, and the Head of State of the nation whose Government had signed the extradition treaties which should have seen him face justice.

Questions about the appropriateness of the "power by dint of the bloodlust of ancestors and accident of birth" should have raised at that point.

Or when Her Late Majesty illegally shut down Parliament.

Or the profits from slavery.

Or the seizing of common land through the Enclosures Acts.

All of these are valid reasons to question the legitimacy of the British Royal Family, it's uses of power, and it's sources of wealth. And to ask whether, in a supposed democracy, this privileged position at the head of our country is appropriate.

But using an individual facing the realities of chemotherapy in the public glare to score points just has to be off limits.

The media spent an awful lot of time unpacking and reunpacking Cate's statement that she wanted to be left alone, and explaining why it was so important that she be left alone, and then saying how hard it would be for that to happen given the huge public interest and inevitable media focus.

They should have just gone "Princess Catherine made this statement:"

*Statement plays*

"So that's all self explanatory and we will leave it there and not mention it until she decides to update us with a further statement."

Instead the BBC went with a "What does this mean for the future of a slimmed down Monarchy?" angle, FFS.
[Post edited 23 Mar 11:04]
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:01 - Mar 23 with 1583 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:56 - Mar 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

We all know there is huge inequality and privilege in this country, and that having the Royal Family sitting at the top of our society legitimises it.

But I wouldn't want to use a life-changing accident or serious illness to score political points about that.

And the media intrusion a d speculation has already disgusted me.

There are plenty of other questions to ask

I am more concerned that William's Uncle has bought himself out of having to account for his part in alleged serious sexual crimes against a young woman, for example. And even more so that it was the Late Queen who stumped up the cash, when she was the person in whom the ultimate authority of the United Kingdom's (not to mention plenty of other nations') Criminal Justice system resides, and the Head of State of the nation whose Government had signed the extradition treaties which should have seen him face justice.

Questions about the appropriateness of the "power by dint of the bloodlust of ancestors and accident of birth" should have raised at that point.

Or when Her Late Majesty illegally shut down Parliament.

Or the profits from slavery.

Or the seizing of common land through the Enclosures Acts.

All of these are valid reasons to question the legitimacy of the British Royal Family, it's uses of power, and it's sources of wealth. And to ask whether, in a supposed democracy, this privileged position at the head of our country is appropriate.

But using an individual facing the realities of chemotherapy in the public glare to score points just has to be off limits.

The media spent an awful lot of time unpacking and reunpacking Cate's statement that she wanted to be left alone, and explaining why it was so important that she be left alone, and then saying how hard it would be for that to happen given the huge public interest and inevitable media focus.

They should have just gone "Princess Catherine made this statement:"

*Statement plays*

"So that's all self explanatory and we will leave it there and not mention it until she decides to update us with a further statement."

Instead the BBC went with a "What does this mean for the future of a slimmed down Monarchy?" angle, FFS.
[Post edited 23 Mar 11:04]

Well, that took a turn.

Needs a thread of its own to be honest. You should do that.

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:09 - Mar 23 with 1551 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:01 - Mar 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Well, that took a turn.

Needs a thread of its own to be honest. You should do that.

Nah.
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:13 - Mar 23 with 1538 viewsDJR

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 10:06 - Mar 23 by pointofblue

In addition, the philosophy underlying PFI hospitals was that we wouldn't need as many hospital beds because of the increasing use of day surgery and the like.

This also seems to have been accompanied by the closure of what were known as convalescence homes.

Now we find the hospitals don't have enough beds (let alone staff) to cope.
[Post edited 23 Mar 11:14]
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:25 - Mar 23 with 1494 viewsZapers

Disgusting thing to post.

Absolute moron.
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:26 - Mar 23 with 1492 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Seems perfectly appropriate to highlight inequality of care that this illustrates, it doesn’t have to be perceived as a lack of compassion for her.....except by the usual cap doffers it would seem.

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 1480 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you are talking about the Princess of Wales, I would imagbe like many people in her position, amd indeed many working class employees with health insurance, she will be paying privately. If everybody who paid for private healthcare suddenly stopped tomorrow the NHS would be over run and probably collapse.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:33 - Mar 23 with 1447 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 09:32 - Mar 23 by Zx1988

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-68435770

158 days to meet a 62-day target. Sickening.

Any idea what they would be sitting at if so many appointments and operations were cancelled due to Covid and Doctor strikes?

Iron Lion Zion

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:35 - Mar 23 with 1446 viewsMattinLondon

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:29 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

If you are talking about the Princess of Wales, I would imagbe like many people in her position, amd indeed many working class employees with health insurance, she will be paying privately. If everybody who paid for private healthcare suddenly stopped tomorrow the NHS would be over run and probably collapse.

But that isn’t going to happen is it so your last sentence is totally irrelevant.
Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 1440 viewsGlasgowBlue

We all know why he mentioned Windsor.

Iron Lion Zion

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:43 - Mar 23 with 1408 viewsRyorry

Cancer treatment waiting times. on 11:33 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Any idea what they would be sitting at if so many appointments and operations were cancelled due to Covid and Doctor strikes?

Imagine where they'd been sitting if the Tories' disastrous self-centred Brexit scam hadn't seen a mass-departure of key workers (incl. doctors, nurses, care-workers, porters, cleaners, drivers etc.) from the UK

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024