Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten thousand for the women's team today 17:53 - Mar 23 with 3703 viewsGeoffSentence

Blimey, that's not bad. Any idea what the record is for this level of women's football?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 3351 viewsScottCandage

Today's attendance was a record high attendance for the league.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 17:58 - Mar 23 with 3314 viewsGeoffSentence

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 17:54 - Mar 23 by ScottCandage

Today's attendance was a record high attendance for the league.

It's hard to find attendance figures for a lot of womens games, but Everton-Villa at the top level got just over one thousand last week.

Well done to Town's women, not just for the result but for that attendance too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:18 - Mar 23 with 3185 viewstiptreeblue

Sadly, I get the feeling, that some on here, believe that, if you like women's football, it makes you less of a man, sits back and await the abuse lol
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:23 - Mar 23 with 3139 viewsgtsb1966

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:18 - Mar 23 by tiptreeblue

Sadly, I get the feeling, that some on here, believe that, if you like women's football, it makes you less of a man, sits back and await the abuse lol

The only down votes you'll get is for the commas. Personally the female football thing doesn't do it for me. Today though is brilliant and I hope the ladies have memories to keep forever.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:31 - Mar 23 with 3061 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal Women have been getting in excess of 60,000. Probably attracting a very different demographic from the men's team by using differential pricing, which is the obvious strategy for the women's game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 with 3001 viewsSwansea_Blue

And far better than the men’s game gets in L1 (same tier) for a lot of clubs. It’s a fantastic effort. The buzz around the club and our men’s team must be helping I’d have thought?

I watched a chunk of the first half and then had to go out, but they play in a very similar way to the men. It was great to see the similarities. We’re a proper footballing club again at long last.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 with 3002 viewsFtnfwest

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:18 - Mar 23 by tiptreeblue

Well not for me and good luck to them. Never been bothered about the whole ‘quality’ argument, who cares? For me though I’ll just never be interested in either club or country, I’m at saturation with the men’s game which for 51 years has been a religion.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:01 - Mar 23 with 2893 viewsnorfsufblue

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

And far better than the men’s game gets in L1 (same tier) for a lot of clubs. It’s a fantastic effort. The buzz around the club and our men’s team must be helping I’d have thought?

I watched a chunk of the first half and then had to go out, but they play in a very similar way to the men. It was great to see the similarities. We’re a proper footballing club again at long last.

Better than all three league one games today, good effort everyone, well done to all.
Login to get fewer ads

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:14 - Mar 23 with 2826 viewsbackwaywhen

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 by Ftnfwest

Well not for me and good luck to them. Never been bothered about the whole ‘quality’ argument, who cares? For me though I’ll just never be interested in either club or country, I’m at saturation with the men’s game which for 51 years has been a religion.

I went today as I feel you can only judge by actually being at the game , first time today , would I go again ?
Will not rule it out , but it lacks the intensity of the men’s game , and that is what gets us to return , a lot of the football was really good to watch and the passing game is rooted across all levels of our club for sure . Negatives for me the intensity and definitely the the atmosphere, if you think it’s quiet at our first team games sometime it is not compared to today .
Well done ladies and a very good win …….the jury is out for me still.
PS went to watch u23s versus Bournemouth this week and the passing game really does run through all levels .
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:24 - Mar 23 with 2778 viewsSitfcB

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:14 - Mar 23 by backwaywhen

I went today as I feel you can only judge by actually being at the game , first time today , would I go again ?
Will not rule it out , but it lacks the intensity of the men’s game , and that is what gets us to return , a lot of the football was really good to watch and the passing game is rooted across all levels of our club for sure . Negatives for me the intensity and definitely the the atmosphere, if you think it’s quiet at our first team games sometime it is not compared to today .
PS went to watch u23s versus Bournemouth this week and the passing game really does run through all levels .

Always thought the pitches and goals should be smaller in the womens game, that opposition goalie today looked tiny in that goal!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:40 - Mar 23 with 2689 viewsbackwaywhen

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:24 - Mar 23 by SitfcB

Always thought the pitches and goals should be smaller in the womens game, that opposition goalie today looked tiny in that goal!

She certainly did , but she was very short for a keeper at any level , good penalty save though , didn’t you just know she was going to miss , had an awful game up to that point …..wasn’t her day obviously.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:48 - Mar 23 with 2646 viewsPinewoodblue

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:01 - Mar 23 by norfsufblue

Better than all three league one games today, good effort everyone, well done to all.

Higher than attendance at any of today’s League 1 or 2 games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 2591 viewsBlueStreak

Would cost too much to implement I reckon so a lot of clubs would fold off the back of it and teams would reduce significantly. I agree though, needs to be on a pitch small and def with smaller goals.

Must say their keeper did a really good job today as did their 9.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 20:02 - Mar 23 with 2555 viewsVic

Why should they be really? It’s all about equality isn’t it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 20:03 - Mar 23 with 2554 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Was a great day there. My daughter loved it and already wants to go back. Well done to the women, and the club for making it a great day.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 20:13 - Mar 23 with 2507 viewsMullet

40k at City vs United today, the trams were rammed with people going.

Given there was barely 100 at the Plymouth match and they had school girls playing, I think that and the standard that far down are going to be massive hurdles still. Even with the big step up today has given them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 21:33 - Mar 23 with 2280 viewsford6600

Went today with wife in SAR enjoyed the match, great turnout 10k. Predicted 6 nil ended up 5 and a missed pen! Town women playing from back possession football and created so many openings on the right. Ipswich played in the manner of the men's team and also seemed superior in fitness level compared to their opponents. An historic occasion, and great result.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 21:38 - Mar 23 with 2235 viewsRyorry

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:31 - Mar 23 by Radlett_blue

Arsenal Women have been getting in excess of 60,000. Probably attracting a very different demographic from the men's team by using differential pricing, which is the obvious strategy for the women's game.

They're in a different league though aren't they - our women haven't (yet) been promoted ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 21:39 - Mar 23 with 2230 viewsRyorry

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 19:14 - Mar 23 by backwaywhen

The lack of atmos would be remedied if more people attended!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 21:47 - Mar 23 with 2195 viewsEatonBlue

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

When I first started watching Town in the old second division in the mid-1960's, it was not unusual for attendances to be around 9,000 to 10,000.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 22:01 - Mar 23 with 2127 viewsHipsterectomy

As an Ipswich Town fan I want all sides who represent us to do well. 10,000 fans is up there with some of Mick McCarthy’s home matches in later seasons lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 22:57 - Mar 23 with 1981 viewsSwailsey

Fantastic day.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 11:27 - Mar 24 with 1515 viewsLord_Lucan

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:23 - Mar 23 by gtsb1966

The only down votes you'll get is for the commas. Personally the female football thing doesn't do it for me. Today though is brilliant and I hope the ladies have memories to keep forever.

I was surprised at the quality, they were quite good and seemed to play in the same mould as the first team.

I bumped into the little bleached blonde centre mid girl in The Arcade after.

I hope they enjoyed their day, I'm sure they did.

Does anyone know when they will play at PR again as I want to take Mother.
[Post edited 24 Mar 11:34]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:11 - Mar 24 with 1383 viewsVaughan8

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 11:27 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

I was surprised at the quality, they were quite good and seemed to play in the same mould as the first team.

I bumped into the little bleached blonde centre mid girl in The Arcade after.

I hope they enjoyed their day, I'm sure they did.

Does anyone know when they will play at PR again as I want to take Mother.
[Post edited 24 Mar 11:34]

Before I say this, this isn't a pop at your personally.

But isn't the issue that everyone will say, oh it was great gNe etc but not go to another game until they're back at PR. I've seen Facebook comments to the same effect.

I'm guessing this is a 1 game a season thing?

Surely what the team needs is people going more regularly at their regular ground (is it still at Felixstowe)?

It's not for me, and I'm not local, but I'm guessing 95% of people won't see another match until its back at PR.
Ten thousand for the women's team today on 14:17 - Mar 24 with 1364 viewsVaughan8

Ten thousand for the women's team today on 18:38 - Mar 23 by Ftnfwest

The quality thing may be a thing for some people. However I watched a Spartan South Midlands League Division One game yesterday.

Quality, not great, entertainment and errors etc, brilliant. It had it all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024