Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons 10:47 - May 14 with 1964 viewsBondiBlue

Wow fair play for playing 39 games last season. If that was him with two dodgy ankles...

Poll: Which would you accept?

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:55 - May 14 with 1892 viewstractorboy1978

Yep, said earlier in the season people should be kind and bear in mind he was playing through pain every week (and wouldn't be if it wasn't for his home town club.). Really stepped up when Williams left us.
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:56 - May 14 with 1886 viewsportmanking

I posted multiple times throughout the season asking ppl to lay off him due to his achilles issues, but so many continued to write him off due to his positional play (which McKenna encourages BTW).

SMH.

The boy is a great athlete and one of our own. We should be embracing this boy's commitment and love for our club. As you say, if that was him with two dodgy ankles, he'll be a very capable squad player next season.
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:56 - May 14 with 1876 viewsRobTheMonk

What's the recovery time suspected to be?
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:59 - May 14 with 1868 viewstextbackup

Yet a large number still gave him sht during the season, then were all up his arse during the celebrations.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:03 - May 14 with 1827 viewsBattersea_Blue

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:56 - May 14 by RobTheMonk

What's the recovery time suspected to be?

I would think reasonably short if he’s had both done in the same op.
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:08 - May 14 with 1767 viewslowhouseblue

39? he must have been a bit anonymous in some of those?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:12 - May 14 with 1705 viewsbsw72

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:03 - May 14 by Battersea_Blue

I would think reasonably short if he’s had both done in the same op.

Plus he is not in a cast on either leg, to me that suggests that the tendon does not need to be kept in a fixed position for recovery. I speak from experience after rupturing my achilles nearly 12 years ago . . .
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:15 - May 14 with 1645 viewshoppy

Both were replaced after getting almost completely legless last week...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:28 - May 14 with 1537 viewsiamatractorboy

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 11:15 - May 14 by hoppy

Both were replaced after getting almost completely legless last week...

* chef's kiss *
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 15:39 - May 14 with 1067 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Also shows great dedication to get it done ASAP.

Not that I begrudge Al-Hamadi a holiday and there may be other reasons for delaying surgery, but it's interesting that his adductor operation won't get done until after he gets back.
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 15:42 - May 14 with 1033 viewsSheffordBlue

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 15:39 - May 14 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Not that I begrudge Al-Hamadi a holiday and there may be other reasons for delaying surgery, but it's interesting that his adductor operation won't get done until after he gets back.

Don't think he was away for any longer than the Vegas lot. Believe him and Morsy went to Dubai instead.

From Harry's post it sounded like he might have got lucky with the appointment being done so soon. It could well be that both were initially planned for after the play-off final in case we were in those.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 16:17 - May 14 with 862 viewsmrfixit426

I got tendinitis in both achilles at the same time. That's what finished me playing. I played for the parent's team against the boy last May, and it flared up again, 15 years later! Horrible condition to have.
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 16:39 - May 14 with 743 viewsDarkBrandon

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 15:39 - May 14 by LA_Tractor_Boy

It is quite possible you can’t have some of these operations with 0 days notice, and we wouldn’t have been able to book anything as we didn’t know when our season would actually end
Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 17:07 - May 14 with 668 viewsFrimleyBlue

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 10:56 - May 14 by portmanking

I posted multiple times throughout the season asking ppl to lay off him due to his achilles issues, but so many continued to write him off due to his positional play (which McKenna encourages BTW).

SMH.

The boy is a great athlete and one of our own. We should be embracing this boy's commitment and love for our club. As you say, if that was him with two dodgy ankles, he'll be a very capable squad player next season.

I remember saying he seemed to get better as the game went on.. seemed to get fitter. Move better. More free.

I've no idea about the problems he faced. But I did say at the time I wondered if it was something that hurt until you got moving and then it was almost like it never existed.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke having an op on BOTH achilles tendons on 17:27 - May 14 with 613 viewsbaxterbasics

He only needed one done but the surgeon had a 2-for-1 deal on so he thought why not?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024